Tokyo Tuesday Question Lounge for July 1st - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tokyo Tuesday Question Lounge for July 1st

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
46 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:04 AM

Hello and welcome to this week’s exotic lounge, set within the bustling city of Tokyo. ASK ME ANYTHING ABOUT JAPAN TRAVEL/CULTURE/ETC!

Not necessarily my favorite city in Japan, but alliteration is key here at Tiki Tuesday. Tokyo is a crowded, crowded megalopolis in the middle of a very populous country. It’s been the nexus for modern Japanese culture, technology and music since it evolved from a small village set in a swamp into the capital of Japan. Through the reign of the Tokugawa Shogunate, the power of the Emperor in Kyoto diminished and Edo grew in importance.

Today, Tokyo is a fascinating city, with great architecture and an atmosphere that always feels a few minutes into a more cyberpunk future. Whether you are trawling the vintage kimono shops in Shinjuku, taking in a festival at the or peeping the Anime figure shops in Akihabara. So raise a chu-hi or Asahi toast to Tokyo.

tokyoskyline

For the recipe of the week, I will point to this Tokyo specialty. It’s Monjayaki, sort of similar to okonomiyaki in that it’s a flour, egg and cabbege pancake cooked on a grill, but it’s very unique and very tasty. http://www.otafukufoods.com/recipes/monjayaki-style.html

For the soundtrack of the week, here’s a selection of music from Japan’s past and present.

#2 Melancholfy

Melancholfy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationOrlando,Florida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:20 AM

I heard that there is alot of stores in alleyways, what experience have you had with those?

#3 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:25 AM

Oh and by the way our NEXT Tiki Tuesday will have a special guest: Barachan! We're proud to announce that she will be doing some doodling and drawing live in the office on our show on July 8th!

#4 kijudoav

kijudoav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • Server:both.

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:31 AM

and I take it one of these questions that is currently not allowed is "When is Rebellions out?"

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:35 AM

Bara-chan's a SoCal?? :p_omg:

Uh, anyways...

1. Curious, is homosexuality accepted/tolerated in Japanese society or are those folks ostracized? I'm hearing conflicting views on it and would like to learn more.

2. Why do RO2 event hosts get a forum title but not RO1 event hosts?

3. When's the next Bounty Board going to be added? Seems the Ash Vacuum ones are in high demand (Splendide, Manuk, Mora, El Dicastes, and Eclage).

4. Can you guys fix the Chief's Quest in Kunlun? It's been broken since forever. NONE of the sword pieces drop from the dungeon so fellow questers and I can't complete the quest at all.

http://forums.warppo...-who-is-bugged/

5. Before you guys get that Heroes Trail update, might I remind you we still need to get all of these? (Especially that monster HP bar, which would be REALLY nice to have on iRO since RCX is broken.)

Can't you ask kRO to bundle all of these in one mega update since they're all small updates? We've been waiting for these updates for 2 years. Aside from the TE Mini God Items quest, there's little to no translation work needed for these.

[_] The following middle headgear items can now be hidden slot enchanted for bonus stats: Glasses, Sunglasses, Blush, Twin Ribbon, Dark Blinder, Elven Ears, Angel Wing Ears, Devil Wing Ears. (August 24th, 2011)
[_] Creating a Brynhild or Asprika god item will now lower the fort's econ rating by 30 (August 24th, 2011)
[_] Buffed Immune Shield (September 28th, 2011)
[_] Added Hunger gauge for Homunculus and Cute Pet. (January 18th, 2012)
[_] Implemented Guild Tip User Interface. (January 18th, 2012)
[_] Added 4 new carts for Genetic/Mechanic skill: Change Cart (February 8th, 2012)
[_] Battleground Tierra and Flavius now only requires 6 on each team (down from 10).
[_] Fixed a bug where the damage increase option based on the refinement level of "Helm of the Dead" was not working. (February 15th, 2012)
[_] Text-based command to invite people to guild (March 7th, 2012)
[_] Added "Training Dummy" monsters at 5 o'clock area in Prontera. (March 28th, 2012)
[_] Lowered HP of shrooms and plants (March 28th, 2012)
[_] Adjusted vend creation window to allow players to view item information by right clicking on the item.. (March 28th, 2012)
[_] Added a NPC in Malangdo that can be used to exchange coins in mass quantity. (March 28th, 2012)
[_] Added item move function where pressing 'Alt + Right Click' on the desired item will move the item between inventory, storage, cart, trade, or vend creation window. (March 28th, 2012)
[_] Adjusted difficulty level of low level monsters.(March 28th, 2012)
[_] Added HP bar for monsters that the player(s) are currently attacking. (April 4th, 2012)
[_] Morroc Continental Guards will now provide more convenient ways to traverse through Morroc areas. (April 18th, 2012)
[_] Saturday Night Fever nerfed (June 6th, 2012)
[_] In-game Hallucination effect has been changed. (June 27th, 2012)
[_] Changed vending system to show the sum of the cost for the items purchased through player vend in the chat window. (July 4th, 2012)
[_] Changed Cluster Bomb damage to be affected by Trap Research skill. (July 4th, 2012)
[_] Mucha Nage skill requires level 10 throwing practice or its damage is halved. (July 4th, 2012)
[_] Opening inventory window after obtaining an item will now show the newly obtained item with pink silhouette.(July 4th, 2012)
[_] Changed the way Skill re-use delay and Buff duration are shown. (July 4th, 2012)
[_] Increased drop rate on "Buwaya Soul Fragment", "Bangungot Soul Fragment" and "Bakunawa Soul Fragment".(July 11th, 2012)
[_] Changed the quest reward for 4th part of God Item quest, 'Seal of Mjolnir' (July 25th, 2012)
[_] Implemented WoE:TE Mini God Item quest.(July 25th, 2012)
[_] Added new set effects for Amistir Cap. When worn with Crunch Toast, increases Max HP by 100. When worn with Scarlet Rose, increases ATK and MATK by 1% per upgrade level on the headgear. (up to +10) (August 1st, 2012)
[_] Adjusted item description for Amistir Cap: Chance on physical attack, autocasts Pierce level 5 at a high chance. (Why does ours do the same thing as twin red ribbon????) (August 1st, 2012)
[_] Changed level 1~50 monster drops to include 'Fly Wings' in the drop table. (August 1st, 2012)
[_] Increased the item effectiveness of 'Apple', 'Banana', 'Potato' and 'Carrot' consumables. (August 1st, 2012)
[_] Increased the effectiveness of juice-type items. (August 8th, 2012)
[_] Changed the in-game chat filter. Instead of preventing the message from being shown entirely, chat filter will now show blocked words in * and show rest of the message normally. (August 8th, 2012)
[_] Fixed an error with Warlock skill: Earth Strain's strip chance. (August 8th, 2012)
[_] Increased job exp gained from defeating level100+ monsters. (August 14th, 2012)
[_] Adjusted spawn rate of monsters in certain areas. (Splendide Field, Umbala Field, Sphinx, Glast Heim, Niffleheim etc) (August 14th, 2012)

Edited by ZeroTigress, 28 June 2014 - 04:10 PM.

#6 Hyperballad

Hyperballad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSlovenia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

The Night Sparrow Hat, Magician's Night Cap etc. were available in the cash shop for a long time and people were able to stock / +9 them and whatnot.

The plan for the remainder of the hats is some (lenghty) quest.

Do you have a plan to balance this issue?

Our plan to introduce these as rewards for completing player designed community quests either this week or next week. 

^

I wasn't asking when they'd be released. I meant to ask if you think it's ok for some of them to be available for months for cash,

while others will need quests to be made.

#7 kijudoav

kijudoav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • Server:both.

Posted 26 June 2014 - 01:32 PM

If not Rebellions...   then how about that Ragnarok Odyssey event quest that I think gives Domovoi cute pets?

#8 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 June 2014 - 06:37 PM

Where in Japan have you always wanted to go, but for whatever reason haven't or couldn't?

For me it was Wakkanai-shi and Rebun-to waaaaaaaaay up north, but after experiencing severe boredom at how little there is to do at the port, followed by wifi and (RO =o) deprivation on the island... I wouldn't go back xD

And also, what place in Japan would you NEVER go?

Ever stayed in a (not commercial with western style rooms) ryokan?

On the topic of Tokyo, have you ever been to DisneySea?

Now for a few RO related questions~
  • Would it be possible for you guys to provide the community with a relatively up-to-date list of Classic spawns, so that we may update the DB that everyone uses and relies on? There's not a single database out there with 100% accurate classic info, and one of the outstanding problems with players joining Classic is that there's no accurate point of reference for anything (specifically monster spawns).
Appears to have been answered:

I have an updated list of monster spawns on classic that I have been distributing to fan DBs or people who are interested in the current spawns. It hasn't been updated for a few months, but if you are looking for what monsters spawn in a certain area it would be pretty simple to look up what monsters spawn and where.

• Could you guys take a look at the BG respawn system on Classic (not sure if this is a prob on Renewal)? If a player is killed and spawns in the Flavius (haven't tried Tierra as I always get a Gravity error when I try to join) waiting room simultaneous to the respawn timer ticking over (intervals of 20-25secs thereabouts), the player will DC and be kicked. It happens a lot more often than you'd think, and players are scared to die in there. Getting kicked = no badges and potentially bugging BG for up to 30mins, which drives players away and kills enthusiasm.
  • Would it be possible to make semi-official/endorse in-game/make an event out of/repin ZeroTigress' RO Achievements? Achievements are a big thing for a lot of players in the current generation of gaming, and many players spend an incredible amount of time on games they've "finished" just to get all the achievements. You could even integrate them with our forum profiles and have them display under our Location/Playing/Server details, which would be an excellent community booster and get people making forum accounts instead of guest browsing for maint news.
  • Auction House on Classic = could possibly ever, even the slightest chance be a thing? We have the mail system after all. You could unify the houses and remove/minimise the fee for putting an item up. You could even have the auction house accessible via an empty "door" in Eden 2nd floor! Since Classic isn't ever getting an increased vend limit, fiddling with the Auction House could work.
  • If you could change Amatsu in any way you wanted and for whatever purpose, what would you change? (trying to fit with this weeks' Tiki theme xD)
  • Just say I wanted to submit a quest idea to you guys (because I do :3). What format should I submit it in, and how should it be structured? I need to know limitations.
  • I think Sages should be able to write books in the same way that Smiths forge weapons. Would you like to see this kind of thing in-game? What kind of book would you write? How much would you charge for it?
  • A question for Campitor. Do you believe that Marvel is portraying you correctly in their ongoing "Thor" theatrical property? What, if anything, about the character would you change? Did they consult you in writing the character? Do you know if they'll be showing yourself and Thor crossdressing in the next movie? (everyone's waiting for that part)
  • Did you guys ever request the Ignis Cap I brought up in Tiki a few weeks ago? (see below)

Let's get this too~

Before you ask, yes it IS official.

Ignis Cap [1]
pw2oW3w.png cXtXfxs.png
DEF: 8
Weight: 80
Required Level: 40
Usable by: All jobs

ATK+10
Ignore the defence of normal (non-MVP) monsters for 7 seconds by chance when physically attacking.
When equipped with [Ifrit Ears], aspd+1% for every 2 refines.

Post the source and we can ask kRO about it. 

Official source for the Ignis Cap.

Not sure how we managed to get the Vanar but not the Ignis, or even the Dragonfly Monocle which we just got this month!

On that note, it's called Dragonfly Monocle, not "One Eyed Glasses" or whatever placeholder name you chucked on it.

e: I can't seem to find the official implementation notes for the Amistr Bag, but it's definitely in-game. If it's in this database, it exists on some official server at least. Just do a ctrl+f search for 20706.

• Lastly, was that too many questions?

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 01 July 2014 - 04:12 AM.

#9 st4rw4k3r

st4rw4k3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 04:10 PM

You asked about an assassin build on the stream, so here is a fun one you could try.

STR: 80

AGI: 70

VIT: 55

INT: 1

DEX: 40

LUK: 40

This focuses on Katars with crit cards in them, though you do not need them as early on.

Morrigane set really helps here too, as it adds a fair amount of additional crit and boosts a number for stats like flee and atk.

A chick hat is also a good item to get here. It will allow your attacks with a Katar to use Double Attack level 10, assuming you know level 10. This is very helpful for when you are just starting out :)

#10 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 27 June 2014 - 06:51 PM

im reminding to disable zeny purchase limit on buying shop to disable trolls who set zeny limit lower than buying price on purpose.
then still about trolling, how about disabling vending when the vendor has max zeny (or like giving red message like "you can not vend this item because you can not hold more zeny") , to avoid vendor trolls who sells things at very low price but we cant buy them since the vendor has max zeny already.
thank you

#11 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 28 June 2014 - 08:25 AM

Is it possible to periodically bring some old costume/headgear quests back, like regularly, more than just per players' requests?

Can you change old payon's BGM to the actual payon BGM? it's kinda odd to feel the nostalgia without the right music.

Edited by GreenIvy, 01 July 2014 - 01:54 PM.

#12 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 28 June 2014 - 02:22 PM

Interested in Japanese pop culture? Any Japanase band or maybe doujin music you like to hear?

RO related:
chbp2_zps6274d27c.pngchbp1_zps1d60dc94.png

Are you guys going to fix HBP on Crus? I don't really mind tbh, just a minor detail anyways.

#13 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 09:18 PM

Can you consider making two separate instances for low TI on two separate servers that users can choose? The lag is UNBEARABLE at times (or even all the time) and it's very obvious it only happens on low TI and not the other maps or servers. Traceroutes won't help unless you give us all the different IPs of the different servers (namely low TI). Not to mention this might be a CPU load or other kind of load on the server itself.

Also, would disabling Homunculus in low TI be an option?

#14 st4rw4k3r

st4rw4k3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 11:12 PM

Interested in Japanese pop culture? Any Japanase band or maybe doujin music you like to hear?

RO related:
chbp2_zps6274d27c.pngchbp1_zps1d60dc94.png

Are you guys going to fix HBP on Crus? I don't really mind tbh, just a minor detail anyways.

I follow a ton of JP bands. If you are interested, I can throw a few names and songs at you to check out.

#15 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 29 June 2014 - 05:26 PM

Can you consider making two separate instances for low TI on two separate servers that users can choose? The lag is UNBEARABLE at times (or even all the time) and it's very obvious it only happens on low TI and not the other maps or servers. Traceroutes won't help unless you give us all the different IPs of the different servers (namely low TI). Not to mention this might be a CPU load or other kind of load on the server itself.

Also, would disabling Homunculus in low TI be an option?

It's unfair to penalize a group which unintentionally causes lag. Yes, homun contributes to lag to some extent but it's wp's responsibility to actually fix the problem. Don't put this on players. Besides, homun owners are constantly getting time gap DC in TI.

Edited by GreenIvy, 30 June 2014 - 08:01 AM.

#16 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:15 AM

I asked this quite a few weeks ago and was told you discuss it with the finance team? or something so I will ask again now, Is it possible to get a 7day VIP Package possible for those who want to level a character for 7days to lets say level a certain character on an account instead of having to get 30day VIP and waste most of it or in most cases just not buy the VIP at all.

Also can we please get a poll going for this http://forums.warppo...e-te-to-2-hours

I don't see any downsides from having TE woe lasting 2 hours, since everyone who partakes in TE WoE atm say about how short it is.

Edited by Kieri, 30 June 2014 - 09:17 AM.

#17 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 30 June 2014 - 09:48 AM

Hello Oda and Campitor,

I have one question in my mind since quite sometime now and I would appreciate if it is answered.

Is it possible to add Convex Mirror box to the KP shop or make it obtainable through events, lucky boxes, Boxter Granny or Raffle?

Since the time I have started playing this game, I have never been able to obtain one. I know that there are some players who have plenty of such mirrors in their pockets and are camping MVPs like Gloom, Valkyrie Randgris, Satan Morroc, etc. It is becoming next to impossible to compete. By the time my mad hunt for the MVP ends, its the tomb and not the MVP. Is it always meant to be like this? Isn't it becoming one-sided and boring? Every player who wishes to compete, deserves a fair chance to compete.

I don't see a problem with people who camp MVPs. but its the Convex Mirror that is leaving most of the unprivileged players handicapped. Please do something about it.

#18 EveGenesis

EveGenesis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:05 AM

Oda-san what kind of Japanese food do you like :P. When you eat sashimi do you eat it with soy sauce and wasabi( i usually make it almost like a paste T^T), if you like sashimi which kind of fish do you like( Tuna, Salmon, butterfish). 

I am going to Japan soon and i don't know what is good there, so tell us more about Japan :x

Edit: Campitor you're mean D:! Oda thanks for taking your time for answering my question(some of it anyways) :X

Edited by EveGenesis, 02 July 2014 - 07:24 AM.

#19 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 30 June 2014 - 10:28 AM

Hello Oda and Campitor,

I have one question in my mind since quite sometime now and I would appreciate if it is answered.

Is it possible to add Convex Mirror box to the KP shop or make it obtainable through events, lucky boxes, Boxter Granny or Raffle?

Since the time I have started playing this game, I have never been able to obtain one. I know that there are some players who have plenty of such mirrors in their pockets and are camping MVPs like Gloom, Valkyrie Randgris, Satan Morroc, etc. It is becoming next to impossible to compete. By the time my mad hunt for the MVP ends, its the tomb and not the MVP. Is it always meant to be like this? Isn't it becoming one-sided and boring? Every player who wishes to compete, deserves a fair chance to compete.

I don't see a problem with people who camp MVPs. but its the Convex Mirror that is leaving most of the unprivileged players handicapped. Please do something about it.

id rather see Convex mirrors removed completely than make MVPing even more pay to win...

#20 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 30 June 2014 - 11:58 AM

id rather see Convex mirrors removed completely than make MVPing even more pay to win...

I am happy with that too. I just want a fair competition.

#21 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 30 June 2014 - 12:06 PM

To Oda and Camp:

Do you guys play RO in your free time (so no let's plays, community events as CMs and similar)?

My Japan related questions are mostly hentai stuff so I'm better off not asking them here. c:

#22 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

Any chance you guys can finally get a fix for the dst bug that's been ongoing for... two years? It's not good that a 23 hour timer always ends up in 24 hours, never being able to retake a quest earlier unless you skip one day. Not to mention MVP summoner has gone from the previous 4 hours to 6 cooldown.

Edit cause I forgot, could you please re-check that one special effect from temporal boots is working properly? the muscle fools defense effect, from reading kRO descriptions, looked like this:

When receiving physical damage there is a chance that you turn into Steel Armor.
When you are in this state, you recieve 50% less damage from Physical Attacks, MATK is reduced by 50%, and DEF is increased by 1000.

They only grant 1000 defense so I'd like to know if it's broken or not.

Edit again, WHAT DID YOU BRING FROM YOUR TRIP TO TOKYO was it Tokyo =D

Edited by meli, 01 July 2014 - 01:38 PM.

#23 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 30 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

Tiki question:

How come I have the option to make all of my forum my content* read on my phone but not on my PC? Being able to mark them all read at once is awesome, so I tend to use my cellphone to mark them read. But I can't find for the life of me how to mark them read on my PC.

* My Content = forums followed. When I click the show new content link it shows all posts in RO forums except market.

#24 shirotea

shirotea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • Location/where
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 30 June 2014 - 08:38 PM

Hmm, no RO related questions for me so I'm gonna ask questions about Japan.

- Is it true that working husbands aren't encouraged to come home early as socializing with clients(drinking and stuff) till late at night shows that they're hardworking? Maybe this is something in the past but is it still a thing now?

- If you had a chance to work in Japan, what job would you prefer?

- When visiting Japan, what items are a must buy or highly recommended to try?

#25 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 11:55 AM

Oda, would it be possible to make the DS promo and pre-order items unbound?

Especially since there's costume bjo feathers floating around now. It would give people a chance to get the headgears they want without ruining the rarity.

Also, can you unbind the star eye patch?

OH and how awesome does Shredder look in the new Ninja Turtles movie?!

Thanks.

Edited by Myzery, 01 July 2014 - 01:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users