166 replies to this topic

#1 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 June 2014 - 01:33 PM

For christ sake guys wake Helium up so he can hold your hands through this process, people still have DOUBLE toons, do you not understand this?  The server transfer failed, instead of moving the character, a duplicate was created.  Players who requested transfer now possess two of the same character, same name, same gear, same everything, one on nova and one on trifri server.  SOME PEOPLE HAVE 4+ FULL +30 TOONS FOR FREE NOW, THIS IS A THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS MISTAKE.

PEOPLE ARE SELLING THEIR DOUBLED GEAR FOR WP, THIS IS A SCAMMERS PARADISE SHUT THE GAME DOWN NOW.  GET WITH WARNHAL AND FIX YOUR MESS JESUS CHRIST.

#2 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts
  • LocationGravity Interactive, Buena Park, California
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:05 PM

If we find out about it and verify it, YOU WILL LOSE ACCESS TO ALL SERVERS AND WILL BE PERMANENTLY SUSPENDED.

Remember, you do not own any of the game. Not your character, not your items, not your account, etc. You are allowed to access these things but Gravity Interactive retains ownership of the Servers, Requiem Server Software the Data in databases and the Requiem Client Software.

The transfer did not fail. We made copies on purpose. We wanted all players to have the option of playing on which ever server they want. (Exceptions: Battlefield records, Cash Items and Account Bank Items. However, since we left the source data untouched, people still have all those things on the original server and nothing was lost.) We do not intend to offer any transfer service back, so at any given time on any one server you only have access to one.

#3 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:11 PM

Heliums solution to 2 weeks of total screw ups. Perma ban everyone. Epic

#4 MacMad

MacMad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:12 PM

and how do u decide which toons will be accessible and which not?

i asked to transfer 1 toon only, i hope nothing get screwed there...

#5 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:16 PM

and how do u decide which toons will be accessible and which not?

i asked to transfer 1 toon only, i hope nothing get screwed there...

That's the beauty of it. As long as you were in the first group to transfer (another group will be completed on Monday), then your character is available on both servers. The one you requested and the rest.

#6 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:18 PM

Heliums solution to 2 weeks of total screw ups. Perma ban everyone. Epic

Um, no.

I am serious about people trying to sell what they do not own though. Please don't risk getting caught.

#7 BlastFromThePast

BlastFromThePast

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:19 PM

It's still a mess no matter how you spin it. I moved my 1 toon on Trifri to Nova to join the other toon I have there on the SAME account...they can't share the bank and/or honour points (because that bloody original is still on Trifri?!) . I don't even care if they share the lowest honour points of the two, but they should be able to share what other toons on the same account on the same server can share. Ticket filed BTW.

#8 MacMad

MacMad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

As long as you were in the first group to transfer then your character is available on both servers. The one you requested and the rest.

so just to get that right, i was lucky cuz i got in the first group and can access all chars on both servers?

#9 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

If we find out about it and verify it, YOU WILL LOSE ACCESS TO ALL SERVERS AND WILL BE PERMANENTLY SUSPENDED.

Remember, you do not own any of the game. Not your character, not your items, not your account, etc. You are allowed to access these things but Gravity Interactive retains ownership of the Servers, Requiem Server Software the Data in databases and the Requiem Client Software.

The transfer did not fail. We made copies on purpose. We wanted all players to have the option of playing on which ever server they want. (Exceptions: Battlefield records, Cash Items and Account Bank Items. However, since we left the source data untouched, people still have all those things on the original server and nothing was lost.) We do not intend to offer any transfer service back, so at any given time on any one server you only have access to one.

Ok im trying really hard to comprehend what youre saying here.  For #1 thats common knowledge in any MMO, the owner of the game posses all rights to all forms of content, thats a given, totally understood there.  For #2 im trying to grasp what youre saying.  So when you put in for a server transfer, you arent losing the toon on the original server, you just get a free copy to use on the other server?  So if I request to "transfer" my mystic from Trifri server to Nova server then I will be given the same character on Nova server and I will retain the original on Trifri server as well?

#10 BlastFromThePast

BlastFromThePast

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

I wish I could do that with my RL bank accounts; transfer = copy.

Edited by BlastFromThePast, 27 June 2014 - 02:26 PM.

#11 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:25 PM

Ok im trying really hard to comprehend what youre saying here.  For #1 thats common knowledge in any MMO, the owner of the game posses all rights to all forms of content, thats a given, totally understood there.  For #2 im trying to grasp what youre saying.  So when you put in for a server transfer, you arent losing the toon on the original server, you just get a free copy to use on the other server?  So if I request to "transfer" my mystic from Trifri server to Nova server then I will be given the same character on Nova server and I will retain the original on Trifri server as well?

If you request it, we will make one copy of each character, on a one time basis, and only one way. With the exceptions mentioned above, the copies will be the same (as far as honor points, character bank and so on). From that point forward the original and the copy will live separate lives and never the two shall meet. If you want to play on both servers independently and use both characters, well more power to you but the character of each server will otherwise not interact except to fight in server battle eventually.

#12 MacMad

MacMad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

i just want to get sure, if i do something to the copies, it wont affect my real chars

so i can jump in nova on my geared copy chars have some pve there, then log back to tifri on the original untouched toons for pvp?

thx for the fast replies on this

Edited by MacMad, 27 June 2014 - 02:29 PM.

#13 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:30 PM

If you request it, we will make one copy of each character, on a one time basis, and only one way. With the exceptions mentioned above, the copies will be the same (as far as honor points, character bank and so on). From that point forward the original and the copy will live separate lives and never the two shall meet. If you want to play on both servers independently and use both characters, well more power to you but the character of each server will otherwise not interact except to fight in server battle eventually.

Well you pretty much just blew my mind I guess delete this thread cause its gona raise unwanted disorder.  You should probably add into the information about the server xfer that a copy is being made and not an outright moving of a character from one server to another.  How long will this service be offered?

#14 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:32 PM

It's still a mess no matter how you spin it. I moved my 1 toon on Trifri to Nova to join the other toon I have there on the SAME account...they can't share the bank and/or honour points (because that bloody original is still on Trifri?!) . I don't even care if they share the lowest honour points of the two, but they should be able to share what other toons on the same account on the same server can share. Ticket filed BTW.

so just to get that right, i was lucky cuz i got in the first group and can access all chars on both servers?

If you want the Item Mall items and Account Bank items on the destination server, we will not make copies of those but can have them moved to the other server at the same time as we complete the remaining requests (likely Monday). You must have a ticket in requesting that by the same deadline time, before we proceed.

If you submitted a ticket but nothing has happened yet it is because it requires a maintenance to complete these requests and we are waiting until the period we will accept requests is complete. At that time we will fulfill the remaining requests.

#15 MacMad

MacMad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:34 PM

i get that, i just want to know if copies will remain and r completey independent from orginal toons.

so i can make this copies to lets say, try-outs

#16 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:36 PM

Well you pretty much just blew my mind I guess delete this thread cause its gona raise unwanted disorder.  You should probably add into the information about the server xfer that a copy is being made and not an outright moving of a character from one server to another.  How long will this service be offered?

Technically, requests must be in by tonight (Friday deadline), but our Support Team will be processing the tickets with requests up until some point tomorrow. I know it was not communicated in advance that it would work like this, sorry for that. But, I think once everyone understands how it's working, it should make people happy and not upset. As far as scamming goes, well I think people will try to pull fast ones on others no matter what happens and we will handle these issues as they are reported.

#17 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:37 PM

i get that, i just want to know if copies will remain and r completey independent from orginal toons.

so i can make this copies to lets say, try-outs

They will remain and stay independent.

#18 MacMad

MacMad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:39 PM

thx :p_idea:

#19 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:41 PM

They will remain and stay independent.

Ok just to be 110% clear here, if I go in and put in for my 3 mains to have server xfer, I will get a copy of them on nova server but the originals will also remain in trifri (where I currently am) and in no way be moved, the only thing that will result of the server transfer request will be a copy of my character data being moved now made available on Nova server, independent of the original?

#20 Unbound

Unbound

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

Uuuuuuhm.

Wut ?

#21 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:47 PM

You offering us free +30 character clones? This is for real? I have no more words please just reply yes or no.

#22 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:50 PM

WTH... This is wierd..... Why can't you transfer a whole account with everything? Im lost. Duel toons just seems wrong....

Better yet, why didnt you guys just make 1 account for both servers, and you could pick what server you want to long in on that day be it Trifi or Nova? I don't get it....

Edited by Crftwise, 27 June 2014 - 02:52 PM.

#23 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:53 PM

I dont think they get that everyone will transfer and swap gears and make something new by selling/trading. Example what if i took my avenger there then sold/traded its stuff job changing to druid. This is lunacy it cant be real. Ive never in my life heard of a game offering a duplication of all endgame items. But hey Helium bud if thats what your saying can you confirm i can trade all its gear and make a druid? Then i can have an avenger on triffi and a druid on nova?

Edited by BumblefootV7, 27 June 2014 - 02:54 PM.

#24 Crftwise

Crftwise

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1864 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:55 PM

I dont think they get that everyone will transfer and swap gears and make something new by selling/trading. Example what if i took my avenger there then sold/traded its stuff job changing to druid. This is lunacy it cant be real. Ive never in my life heard of a game offering a duplication of all endgame items. But hey Helium bud if thats what your saying can you confirm i can trade all its gear and make a druid? Then i can have an avenger on triffi and a druid on nova?

On this Bumble I 100% agree.

#25 MacMad

MacMad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 727 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 02:56 PM

If you want the Item Mall items and Account Bank items on the destination server, we will not make copies of those but can have them moved to the other server at the same time as we complete the remaining requests (likely Monday). You must have a ticket in requesting that by the same deadline time, before we proceed.

If you submitted a ticket but nothing has happened yet it is because it requires a maintenance to complete these requests and we are waiting until the period we will accept requests is complete. At that time we will fulfill the remaining requests.

Craftwise i think heres what u were looking for

Edited by MacMad, 27 June 2014 - 02:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users