Posted 07 November 2010 - 11:12 PM

Which is better Monk Or Wizard and why?? please help i cant decide

#2 anmd

anmd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:37 AM

I prefer monk, because you can solo f6 easily, kill mission map boss easily, instant heal, wide heal, etc Wizard has been nerfed badly (no cast cancelling)

Edited by anmd, 08 November 2010 - 12:39 AM.

#3 invazn

invazn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:35 AM

There is really no BEST class when you compare the two. Both have its pros and cons and depending on your personal preference for playing style and which aspect in a character you wish to see or achieve/excel at, it will be different for everyone. But here are some general pros/cons about each:

Wizard
- good mob control due to aoes
- can be hard to kill in pvp if abundant of health is stacked
- have a variety of skills
- equipments not too expensive or overly rare
- not a repetitive class
- casting has been nerfed a little bit (as mentioned above)
- in pvp, may be a bit frustrating to catch your opponent as they lack a good catching skill

Priest
- high dps
- good soloer and boss killer
- ability to heal (no need for HP pots)
- supportive class - if you like playing as support/helper
- may be a bit repetitive as x spam is main attack
- lack a variety of offensive skills
- not that good at mob control compared to wizard

So, in the end, it is really your choice and preference. In order to truly decide, you gotta play both and see which one you really personally enjoy.

Edited by invazn, 08 November 2010 - 01:36 AM.

#4 BrodyJames

BrodyJames

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:46 AM

There is really no BEST class when you compare the two. Both have its pros and cons and depending on your personal preference for playing style and which aspect in a character you wish to see or achieve/excel at, it will be different for everyone. But here are some general pros/cons about each:

Wizard
- good mob control due to aoes
- can be hard to kill in pvp if abundant of health is stacked
- have a variety of skills
- equipments not too expensive or overly rare
- not a repetitive class
- casting has been nerfed a little bit (as mentioned above)
- in pvp, may be a bit frustrating to catch your opponent as they lack a good catching skill

Priest
- high dps
- good soloer and boss killer
- ability to heal (no need for HP pots)
- supportive class - if you like playing as support/helper
- may be a bit repetitive as x spam is main attack
- lack a variety of offensive skills
- not that good at mob control compared to wizard

So, in the end, it is really your choice and preference. In order to truly decide, you gotta play both and see which one you really personally enjoy.

now when you say the cast has been nerfed do you mean the cast time has been lengthed?? i only joined this game yesterday

#5 anmd

anmd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:08 AM

btw monk's weapon break easily as your main attack is X spam.

#6 ridicule

ridicule

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 563 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:09 AM

I've played both and definitely like Monk more. High DPS, slaughters F6, doesn't really die because of heal stacking. But like others mentioned, there aren't really many attack skills (but the ones you do get are sweet) and I feel like I need to repair every 2 seconds. Carry extra staffs and you're good.

#7 Tundra

Tundra

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 278 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:49 AM

Well, it's simple really!

Do you like being a damage dealer that clears mobs better than any class in PvE and has decent durability? Go with a wizard.
Do you like being a supporter that is extremely useful, still pretty strong, and needed for many instance dungeons? Go with a monk.

OR!

Do you like being strong in PvP (but need skill to actually trap/win)? Go with a wizard.
Do you like to be invincible in PvP, have easily to use trapping skills, and get kicked out of 1v1? Go with a monk.

Side note: I say they get kicked out of 1v1 because nobody wants to fight an OP character/virtually invincible character. After all, who wants to fight a match that they KNOW they'll lose? It's a waste of time and stupid to go through with it. Especially since PvP is laggy, allowing people to easily escape to do whatever(heal, buff, etc.)

Wizards on the other hand... They're strong and can take out an opponent with just energy ball (to trap) blizzard (in hopes of freezing to trap more) energy ball again, then magic missile. Boom. Opponent is dead. Good luck catching them with that super slow move, though!

Edited by Tundra, 08 November 2010 - 07:51 AM.

#8 invazn

invazn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 November 2010 - 12:49 PM

now when you say the cast has been nerfed do you mean the cast time has been lengthed?? i only joined this game yesterday

No not the cast time. The action of "animation cancel/jump cancel" has been taken away, that's all. If you don't really PVP that much, this won't be that much of an issue for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users