Planned Character Data Roll-Back to 6/26/2014. - Event Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Planned Character Data Roll-Back to 6/26/2014.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
362 replies to this topic

#1 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:35 AM

Okay everyone, here's the current course we're on.

We've updated every bug fix we've have reported and been able to find.
We had a really good run last night with 15+ hours of no issues and none so far today (almost all the restarts today were our doing putting up fixes!)

If by noon tomorrow, we've had nothing happen and everything is looking good, we are going to conduct the roll-back at 4pm tomorrow 6pm today! 

Remember, this is if everything goes perfect and there's no more duping, item loss reports or server crashes!

The programmers have been given the ok to sleep, hope they rest well and we last the night.

~Leonis

---

Character Data Roll-Back Notice

In light of the Database update's series of unfortunate events, we've come to the decision that once the servers are deemed stable, we will be rolling back all character data to the time of when maintenance first began. After the game servers were finished shutting down, a back-up was created as normal for cases of emergencies.

Currently, there are some players who are experiencing missing items throughout characters and storage, which is extremely unfortunate. The cause is directly unknown, but we can contribute the server lock and crashing to play a large part. Because of this, again unfortunately, none of those affected storages or inventories are able to be detected outside of the player contacting us with a report.

Recent tickets suggest the count is higher than what we would deem tolerable to take care on an individual and reporting basis.

When is the rollback going to happen?
The time for the actual roll-back is not yet determined; as we are not able to state the servers are at a stable point. Once the servers are established and determined to be once again stable, without major issue, we will conduct the database rollback.

When: When the servers are once again "stable."

What is being considered stable?
Two major factors.

•  
  • We have 24 Hours of server up-time.
  • We have no known item duplication causes.

So what does this mean for you, the player?
This means that any items you may have found or modified since the maintenance period began, will be undone.

What about my Item Mall items I just bought?
We will endeavor to replace any and all Item Mall items that were purchased and removed from your Purchase Tab, however, this process unfortunately needs to be conducted more manually and will take time to complete. Until then, we strongly suggest and discourage taking out any further items from your Item Mall Purchase Tab, until after the roll-back takes place.

What about my Item Mall Points I just converted?
Item Mall Points are separate from our character data and will remain intact. However, as stated above, if you purchased an item and removed it from your Purchase tab storage, that item will be restored after the roll-back in due time. So long as an item remains in the purchase tab, it will remain unaffected.

What about my Lucky Spins I just got?
Lucky Spins had an exploit which will be corrected during the roll-back, to ensure none of the 'free spins' earned will remain.

What kind of compensation are we getting for losing so much time?

•  
  • Accounts logged in during this time, that had the Premium Service active, will have all days lost added back to the account, plus an additional day, per day of service lost. (2 days for every 1 lost day)
  • Non-Premium Service accounts who logged in during this time, will receive an equal number of Premium Service days to the days of downtime.
  • Both Servers will have a 50% EXP Boost that will last until the end of the week(once the Servers are stable, duh). The 2X Drops Bonus and Unlimited Game Energy will be extended as well.
  • Fresh Initiations of 24 Hour Stat and Skills Resets will be given to each character.
  • All accounts that logged in will also receive a special T-Shirt to commemorate the experience and reminisce with during this time of difficulty, which is the "I survived!" T-Shirt! We hope in the coming years to look back at this period and be able to laugh at it, as we continue to move forward with ROSE's content and development.(We will show you how the shirt looks like once we have the design set) Check it out below.

Spoiler

When will our data be rolled back to exactly?
June 26, 2014 14:00 (2:00 PM) [-8 UTC]
This is when maintenance began, just prior to implementing the Database Update. So at this time, no players were online. Any activity lost will be based on any game time spend in-game after servers became available.

IMPORTANT NOTE: Item Mall Purchase Storage is not able to be restored as it is a completely separate storage! Any items removed from the Item Mall Purchase Tab after the update was implemented, will need to be manually added back to the account. You will not need to submit a report on what was lost, however it will take longer to process and may take up to a few work days to get through them all, though we will do our best to process them all quickly.

Until then, we strongly suggest and discourage taking out any further items from your Item Mall Purchase Tab, until after the roll-back takes place.

So you are undoing the update?
No!
We are only affecting character data, which includes account storage. The update itself will remain intact and you will be able to continue enjoying the changes to the drop system, storage enhancements and all the new features that came with the update.

Why should I keep playing then?
Different reasons!

•  
  • You can still enjoy playing and your activity helps us catch problems that may not yet be discovered. So you are furthering the stability for ROSE.
  • You can test things, try things, and have a chance to see the outcome or know what to expect in the future.
  • The drop table have changed dramatically, this is still a great opportunity to discover what drops from where now and take that knowledge with you to hunt and farm what you're looking for with haste!
  • This is a good opportunity for you to continue planning out where you want your equipment to end up when the next stages of the trade restrictions take place.
  • Only accounts active during this time will be eligible for the compensation, so if you want those few free days of premium, come join the rest of us and keep having fun with us!

#2 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:40 AM

:thx:  for this information, but everyone who has been farming while the server was on, wasted time :hmm:  :questionmark: 

#3 coderun85

coderun85

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Locationtexas
  • Server:draconis

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:43 AM

:thx:  for this information, but everyone who has been farming while the server was on, wasted time :hmm:  :questionmark:

it wasnt a waste of time cause we are the ones who found the issues and bugs it sucks to loose all progress but we did help

#4 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:44 AM

who needs a drop/exp event  - who pays me the 100bil i earned through trading in past days?

Edit: what is the logic behind a exp/drop "event" if there is a rollback anyways?

Edited by matthiashornauer, 01 July 2014 - 08:48 AM.

#5 lovileva

lovileva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:Leonis, Aura

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:47 AM

So, all the zulies you earned, will dissapear? 

#6 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:48 AM

All accounts that logged in will also receive a special T-Shirt to commemorate the experience and reminisce with during this time of difficulty, which is the "I survived!" T-Shirt! We hope in the coming years to look back at this period and be able to laugh at it, as we continue to move forward with ROSE's content and development.(We will show you how the shirt looks like once we have the design set)

Can I get a "I slept through it" T-Shirt, for not having logged in at all through the entire duration?

#7 Fartlek

Fartlek

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:48 AM

For the future if you are going to have to do a roll back which I am sure you knew was going to have to be done you should make that announcement.  I have seen it used in other versions of ROSE where you said we have went live with an update we encourage you to play but to expect roll backs to happen (suppose to be what test servers are for, but if no one uses them I guess you have to do it on live server).  Some will say thats the risk you take playing during instability, but when you are encouraged to log by the team it sends a different message.  A happy ending to those who lost items bittersweet for those who played a bit since maintenance started.  Not necessarily mad but this could have been avoid with a littler better communication. 

#8 DrakeClaw

DrakeClaw

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:49 AM

I like how you are managing the thing, Thanks for the update.

#9 DhsguiKch

DhsguiKch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:50 AM

same as he said ^^ .. taking alot time to sell something in this game and you gonna screw us because some people lost items? just give them back or what ever..  

#10 Fartlek

Fartlek

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:52 AM

The number of players affected by the lost items is probably too large to simply respond individually to tickets.  I agree the roll back needs to be done but as I mentioned should have been announced at the start not after players have been farming for 20 hours + of online time.

#11 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:53 AM

This is the best decision. I wish the servers stayed down since Thursday though, but I understand it helped to have the masses discover bugs.

I'm very happy you all are rolling back the servers, this is in the games best interest. For those who had farmed like crazy the past few days or made a fortune, it's unfortunate but IMO this is the best move.

#12 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:55 AM

But, it's 1st july, not june? 26 june? :P

26 June is when the maintenance began and until now (1st of July) problems stil occur, everything you have sold, traded, found etc after 26 june will be gone and all the items you had on 26 june will be back in your inventory. ;)

What might be a smart idea for those who have been doing specific trades, contact the person you've traded with and  make the trade again after the rollback.

Edited by djilano, 01 July 2014 - 08:56 AM.

#13 SoLoPK

SoLoPK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:56 AM

who needs a drop/exp event  - who pays me the 100bil i earned through trading in past days?

Edit: what is the logic behind a exp/drop "event" if there is a rollback anyways?

+11111 this is true!! 

#14 ReinaB

ReinaB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Server:Draconis & Leonis

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:56 AM

So question for ShazamO.

Since your having a rollback up to the time before maintnence started for characters, will I have no character then?

I created a character for the draconis server and am now lvl 26 with items, exp, skills, etc. Will that all be gone then since I did it after maintnence started?

#15 Fartlek

Fartlek

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 08:58 AM

That character should not exist after rollback.

#16 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:00 AM

So question for ShazamO.

Since your having a rollback up to the time before maintnence started for characters, will I have no character then?

I created a character for the draconis server and am now lvl 26 with items, exp, skills, etc. Will that all be gone then since I did it after maintnence started?

If I'm correct your character will be gone because your new character didn't exist at the 26th of June. 

They made a backup of everything your characters were holding at the 26th of June, and they will re-import the backup into their database 

when the servers are stable again. So everything you achieved after the 26th of June will be gone.

#17 BloodyShoots

BloodyShoots

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:01 AM

i have a question!! i got with my artisant the skill "hands of crafter" the skill will dessapear too?

#18 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:01 AM

The logic for the most part is... go into the game and have some silly fun and help up stress-test the drop table system. So.. do it! :ok:

So question for ShazamO.

You probably will not have that character anymore~ But once we get the servers stable; a drop and EXP bonus will be active along with you having free premium days(even more drop/exp) bonus plus a brand new shirt coming to you as well. 

Think of this character as your "test" character. See if you like the build you create.

#19 ReinaB

ReinaB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

The logic for the most part is... go into the game and have some silly fun and help up stress-test the drop table system. So.. do it! :ok:

You probably will not have that character anymore~ But once we get the servers stable; a drop and EXP bonus will be active along with you having free premium days(even more drop/exp) bonus plus a brand new shirt coming to you as well. 

Think of this character as your "test" character. See if you like the build you create.

Awww poo :p_sad: well ok, plus I guess its better this way because once the servers are stable, with all that exp and so on ill be back to that lvl or higher in no time :p_smile:

#20 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:05 AM

So question for ShazamO.

That's right but don't worry. With the 50% exp boost it will be no problem to get back to where you are now. I think i buffed you in Zant the other day. I'll be there again once things are stable on the server and I'll be glad to buff you again :)

This rollback is not unexpected. It will definitely inconvenience some players but I don't see how things could be put right any other way. I'm glad something has been officially posted so now everyone knows what's going to happen. Personally I'm going to check out some potential farming spots during the time before this happens, so I'll know where to go once the rollback is over. 

#21 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

I'm gonna NPC my faiths xD

1083244172 - Everything will be exactly how it was at 2pm PST on Thursday the 26th of June. That's as simple as it is. Whatever done since does not exist.

#22 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

For those who keep asking if things will disappear.. YES everything!  that you obtained after the 26th of June will disappear.

Edited by djilano, 01 July 2014 - 09:24 AM.

#23 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:07 AM

I remember last time the log in mess where if you log on your account, you will log onto someone else's character randomly, many people who had been on stranger's account, they start dropping the items on their account.

Eventually, I get back on my main account, but all items are dropped. So I decide to play with that as well, because I would expect a server roll back for sure, I dropped all my remaining cleric stuff for fun. Funny thing is there was no server roll back announced, but only a ticket based manual roll back.

As a result, tons of items were duplicated.

#24 ReinaB

ReinaB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:10 AM

That's right but don't worry. With the 50% exp boost it will be no problem to get back to where you are now. I think i buffed you in Zant the other day. I'll be there again once things are stable on the server and I'll be glad to buff you again :)

This rollback is not unexpected. It will definitely inconvenience some players but I don't see how things could be put right any other way. I'm glad something has been officially posted so now everyone knows what's going to happen. Personally I'm going to check out some potential farming spots during the time before this happens, so I'll know where to go once the rollback is over. 

Well I had joined a Clan also called Shiragiku I think, Xsyte and McHiccamop helped me level when I started. Hopefully when the rollback happens I can rejoin them again, they were very nice helping me get started again after years of being inactive in-game.   (My favorite class is FS Cleric) Thatll most likely be my choice for building up my character.

#25 shinjr99

shinjr99

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationFremont, California
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:10 AM

Will this take place today for the rollback and the fixes ShazamO ?

Forgot to mention this also, Do i need to submit a ticket for the lost zulie in my storage ?

Edited by shinjr99, 01 July 2014 - 09:13 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users