Planned Character Data Roll-Back to 6/26/2014. - Page 3 - Event Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Planned Character Data Roll-Back to 6/26/2014.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
362 replies to this topic

#51 Rocanlover

Rocanlover

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Locationlos angeles
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

how do  I get a T- shirt ? xD its for me to wear also right? Or?

#52 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts
  • LocationMy own little world
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:48 AM

I'm gonna NPC my faiths xD

1083244172 - Everything will be exactly how it was at 2pm PST on Thursday the 26th of June. That's as simple as it is. Whatever done since does not exist.

LOL you are MUCH braver than I am!!

#53 pandaii

pandaii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:51 AM

so if i go on and level, my levels would be rolled back to whatever date you decide? :s so all the levels I've already done will be rolled back? :/ just wanted to get that straight...

#54 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

so if i go on and level, my levels would be rolled back to whatever date you decide? :s so all the levels I've already done will be rolled back? :/ just wanted to get that straight...

Everything you've done AFTER the 26th of June will be gone, so yes your levels will be rolled back to the level you were at the 26th of June. ; )

#55 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

true yes, it will be rolled back to the specified date.

i guess this super boost is their idea of fun thats all until the do the roll back.

but with the massive hit on the vendors and also the people buying and wanting the items i feel in my opinion a roll back isnt the right idea... to sort everyone out 1 by 1 would seem the better option for me. yes i understand thats alot of work but it gets everything sorted in the long run

#56 DynVori

DynVori

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:57 AM

hi djilano,

fresh drop after update :D

is the 1/1 dura a bug or part of the update?

7757bf336208675.jpg

lamo my wife picked up a Unbreakable Wrath yesteday off a mastryx mob with 1/4 dura  :heh:

#57 pandaii

pandaii

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 01 July 2014 - 09:57 AM

that's not bad then, basically since the servers have been down :P lol

#58 Hidde

Hidde

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:03 AM

I assume that all characters made since the 26th will be gone too right?

Gave the game another shot after a couple of years. Think I created another character three days ago, but I guess that one will disapear.

#59 borgahutt

borgahutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1317 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:03 AM

an in game announcement should be made to warn people about buying items and vending until the roll back as alot of players dont even know about it and wont be happy when it all comes back

#60 Krizalis

Krizalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Arua

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:05 AM

an in game announcement should be made to warn people about buying items and vending until the roll back as alot of players dont even know about it and wont be happy when it all comes back

Yes.. this should be done.. because not many people visit the forums or rose's facebook page.. so they don't even know whats happening.. i've been basically telling everyone to go read the thread about server roll back and what this means.. and its not easy explaining, because not many are english speaking players.. so they don't understand and kept on asking me what it meant -_-"

#61 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:05 AM

hi djilano,

fresh drop after update :D

is the 1/1 dura a bug or part of the update?

7757bf336208675.jpg

Could have been, just a suggestion about what it could have been ;)

#62 5782140221081924700

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:06 AM

lamo my wife picked up a Unbreakable Wrath yesteday off a mastryx mob with 1/4 dura  :heh:

i really hope its a bug. what can u do with 1 dura srsly lol.

i heard someone found a 100dura SF though (did not see it with my own eyes).

Can anyone clarify on the change in dura of the epics?

very curious :D

#63 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:06 AM

Ok, here is my thought on all this. The 500%xp and 3x drops are really great for having fun. This is a great time to test out a new class or build. However, I am concerned about the rollback. I fear that given enough time, people will forget it is going to happen. Then when it does, and they lose all the stuff they farmed for, the zulies they made, IM items they bought and levels they gained, the raging will go over the roof. Could you perhaps put an announcement in game, just to remind us?

It is also my understanding, that now epics will drop from any mob. This bothers me if it is true. I feel it will make them too easy to get. As for the low dura epics, I have to wonder if that isn't a bug.

#64 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:07 AM

I assume that all characters made since the 26th will be gone too right?

Gave the game another shot after a couple of years. Think I created another character three days ago, but I guess that one will disapear.

It will but you should be able to recreate it and level easily with the extra exp after the rollback. If you're on Draconis, pm me and I'll be glad to help you out with buffs. :)

#65 TDubz

TDubz

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

Jesus, me and my group of friends all decided to come back at the worst possible time huh. When will this roll back occur and when should we start playing again without the fear of losing progression? Had I known this, I wouldn't have been grinding Kenji beach for the past week.

#66 Krizalis

Krizalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

Ok, here is my thought on all this. The 500%xp and 3x drops are really great for having fun. This is a great time to test out a new class or build. However, I am concerned about the rollback. I fear that given enough time, people will forget it is going to happen. Then when it does, and they lose all the stuff they farmed for, the zulies they made, IM items they bought and levels they gained, the raging will go over the roof. Could you perhaps put an announcement in game, just to remind us?

It is also my understanding, that now epics will drop from any mob. This bothers me if it is true. I feel it will make them too easy to get. As for the low dura epics, I have to wonder if that isn't a bug.

Or.. they could just disable IM for now.. so that people won't accidentally/unknowingly spend money on IM points.. so you devs/gms wont have manual reroll work to do after the server roll back because they "spent" money on buying IM points and realizing that after server rollback, they dont have their IM points anymore and you guys have to manual reroll back IM points back to them :P

#67 Krizalis

Krizalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 466 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:09 AM

It will but you should be able to recreate it and level easily with the extra exp after the rollback. If you're on Draconis, pm me and I'll be glad to help you out with buffs. :)

Honeybunz, i would love to party with you and lvl with you after the server rollback.. :) are you like lvl 230 already? currently im lvl 200 though~

#68 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:12 AM

is it not possible to sort out everyones problems 1on1 then? or is would it be more hassle than its worth as to be honest its tricky on the people playing through all of this the past days vending/farming.

i understand it would be way more beneficial to not to a server roll back but i guess its not possible?

As I mentioned, there are factors of storage and inventory becoming broken that though are fixed now, the result is damage done and we have no way to detect it automatically in order to fix them and the rate was found to be rather high. Beyond what we take as something to handle on a per-issue basis.

Rolling back has other benefits, as well as negatives, which we're weighing more on the benefits to helping the situation of the update.

One major benefit is where some actions were able to be exploited, causing item duplication/phantoms. The roll-back would remove these duplicates made in this way.

#69 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:16 AM

I'm going to make a char on Draconis on an account I never use except for storage, but I will not be going on Leonis with that account because I do not feel comfortable with stuff I've saved over the last ten years (well, ten in October!), even with the planned rollback. So making a char on Draco will be JUST for fun, trying out new builds, etc., just chilling and realizing that this character and any items it acquires WILL NOT EXIST after the rollback! Who knows, maybe I'll discover a critical bug! :ok:

#70 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

must be fun being new on rose these days

#71 PeppermintDream

PeppermintDream

Purveyor of Positivity

• ROSE Moderators
  • 615 posts

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

Sometimes I wish I wasn't a mod just so I could put some people on ignore.

#72 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:24 AM

Honeybunz, i would love to party with you and lvl with you after the server rollback.. :) are you like lvl 230 already? currently im lvl 200 though~

Haha not yet- but if you have any characters around lvl 150 let me know and we can work something out.. My cleric isn't be max level yet either but she does have great charm so her buffs are damn decent (if I do say so myself) :P

To those who just started characters that will be lost- some of my clannies will also lose levels due to the rollback, so chances are I'll be helping them out in places like Zant and Kenji once things are stable again. Just look for Sulky (on Draconis) or whisper to me and if I can, I'll be glad to buff.

#73 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:29 AM

Jesus, me and my group of friends all decided to come back at the worst possible time huh. When will this roll back occur and when should we start playing again without the fear of losing progression? Had I known this, I wouldn't have been grinding Kenji beach for the past week.

Once the servers return to being stable, we'll be giving an exp boost and premium service for every day they spent playing, as detailed in the original post of this thread. You should be able to get back up quickly. I know it's not a great situation, but we're working as fast as we can and trying to make it right for the loss that will result from the roll-back.

#74 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:30 AM

Sometimes I wish I wasn't a mod just so I could put some people on ignore.

can i wish i was then :p_idea:

kidding :rofl: :waddle:

#75 ChaosPaladin

ChaosPaladin

Mage Representative

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Gensokyo
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:35 AM

Well, there's not much that you can do except to wait for the servers to stabilize again... It's not the first time it happens, and it'll not be the last time too. 

I understand that many ones are upset about the "lack" of what to do, but these things happen. Try to watch the FIFA's World Cup =P

Anyway, I wish my congratulations to the Rose support team for all the work. 

Can I get a "I slept through it" T-Shirt, for not having logged in at all through the entire duration?

"entire duration" means 2 months?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users