Classic: Patch notes for July 2nd - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic: Patch notes for July 2nd

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#26 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:ReStart

Posted 01 July 2014 - 10:36 PM

Please extend anniversary event! It was so broken for so long, and I need a kawaii red hat for my kawaii red-colored scholarmans.

#27 Masa

Masa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 July 2014 - 01:44 AM

This anniversary could use an extenze.

Oh yeah.. explain to me why we're messing with the training ground?

Edited by Masa, 02 July 2014 - 01:47 AM.

#28 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:48 AM

+ Moon Rabbit Hat to KP Shop

+ Cooking Kits to KP Shop

+ Change PvP like this:

Spoiler

That Pvp change looks pretty sweet tbh.

Yup

#29 aulbath

aulbath

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 05:46 AM

y u no extend the anniversary quest oda/campitor <_<

#30 AluraCeleste

AluraCeleste

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:15 AM

Anniversary Quest should be extended.

It's obvious that with the event we are being refused...

1.)  higher drop rates for the event monsters (especially for the weaker monsters since not everyone can take a 3k crit off the harder ones)

2.)  ability to trade the drops

3.)  the ability to turn a profit from the hats since currently they are account bound (aka: removing the account bound restriction)

4,)  monsters that give a higher point gain per kill (seriously...1/4th of a point for each ant killed?)

5.)  a power adjustment for how much we're being hit for on the harder monsters (they should be hard yes, but not that hard)

6,)  an adjustment to the hp values of the harder ones

7.)  Maya...need I say more?

...geez, I'm sure I can go on with all the things our community has been advocating for that we are being denied. We're not asking for some crazy reimbursement for the inconvenience of not having this event set properly the first few weeks. I'm certainly not screaming "We need a fifty thousand times event to compensate me for my pain and suffering!" That's not what we've been asking for. We just want a little more balance to fit CLASSIC's players. I swear...for these past few weeks I have been swearing up and down that NEXON broke into your offices, held you up at gun point, and have been messing with our servers by teasing us with this obserd event and not answering the community with a little more compromise. :|

#31 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:26 AM

Anniversary Quest should be extended.

It's obvious that with the event we are being refused...

1.)  higher drop rates for the event monsters (especially for the weaker monsters since not everyone can take a 3k crit off the harder ones)

3.)  the ability to turn a profit from the hats since currently they are account bound (aka: removing the account bound restriction)

4,)  monsters that give a higher point gain per kill (seriously...1/4th of a point for each ant killed?)

5.)  a power adjustment for how much we're being hit for on the harder monsters (they should be hard yes, but not that hard)

...geez, I'm sure I can go on with all the things our community has been advocating for that we are being denied. We're not asking for some crazy reimbursement for the inconvenience of not having this event set properly the first few weeks. I'm certainly not screaming "We need a fifty thousand times event to compensate me for my pain and suffering!" That's not what we've been asking for. We just want a little more balance to fit CLASSIC's players. I swear...for these past few weeks I have been swearing up and down that NEXON broke into your offices, held you up at gun point, and have been messing with our servers by teasing us with this obserd event and not answering the community with a little more compromise. :|

• Drop rates were increased for the much harder monsters alot. This was to encourage players to group up to fight them as opposed to the weaker easier ants.

• Sadly... bots, this was removed due to bots

• Bots, this was removed due to bots

• Tougher monsters give more points. Fight tougher monsters if you want more points per kill.

• We made the higher level monsters much easier to kill by reducing their defense from near plant defense levels. We instead increased the reward for killing them. This was to better equalize the risk versus reward.

• Instead we increased the reward for killing them.  This was to better equalize the risk versus reward.

• Maya as a MVP gives massive rewards for killing her. This is to reflect the difficulty.

Good news! We will be extending the anniversary quest on classic and only classic by one week. It will disappear next week.

#32 Skyelover

Skyelover

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:27 AM

So, no extension? If not i wanna use my contribution points now rather than it goes to waste. (Not if the NPCs are still there)

• Drop rates were increased for the much harder monsters alot. This was to encourage players to group up to fight them as opposed to the weaker easier ants.

• Tougher monsters give more points. Fight tougher monsters if you want more points per kill.

• We made the higher level monsters much easier to kill by reducing their defense from near plant defense levels. We instead increased the reward for killing them. This was to better equalize the risk versus reward.

• Instead we increased the reward for killing them.  This was to better equalize the risk versus reward.

• Maya as a MVP gives massive rewards for killing her. This is to reflect the difficulty.

Good news! We will be extending the anniversary quest on classic and only classic by one week. It will disappear next week.

Lol. Just noticed it.

Edited by Skyelover, 02 July 2014 - 06:28 AM.

#33 Victoryblood

Victoryblood

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts
  • Server:Whatever we got

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:52 AM

a4x30w.jpg

#34 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:00 AM

I'll probably still not do it, due to how insanely difficult it is, not having time, and there being no guides for it.

The hat is neat, maybe, but it was really just a failure of a quest all around.

#35 aulbath

aulbath

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:01 AM

oda, i remember the website : http://iro.ragnaroko...ail.aspx?id=332

said that enchanting will arrive on the 25th of june, "Enchanting will arrive on Classic in 25th"

but it doesnt say it anymore..Enchanting the red beret is posible on classic?

Edited by aulbath, 02 July 2014 - 07:03 AM.

#36 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:06 AM

Yet on renewal you can solo it all & there is more people over there. With the amount of items it takes on top of that (took me some hours) doing it in groups would take far too long if you evenly split.

So it's easier to just find a very limited mvp or not do it at this point.

PS - Maybe you GMs should try making a hat on classic by doing the quest. :)

Edited by Ambur, 02 July 2014 - 07:08 AM.

#37 Skyelover

Skyelover

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:29 AM

What's in Groove Pack?

#38 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

said that enchanting will arrive on the 25th of june, "Enchanting will arrive on Classic in 25th"

It was a mistake, the red beret is not enchantable on classic. That would be OP lol.

#39 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:58 AM

The enchanting would not have displayed properly/would have been a little too strong on classic, so the effect was changed. 

#40 Greyhame

Greyhame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:04 AM

Can we have a list of groove pack's contents already?

#41 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:50 AM

So there's probably a big chance this will fall on deaf ears, but on the Classic server didn't the harder monsters hit like trucks for the first three weeks and then the final week is a Maya option where still not everyone can hunt her down? I can only hope the CM's will give people more time to get their red berets on Classic... =/

the ants were fixed by day 2 of the quest being out. And for the other I know its only sort of hard to do scarabs you need party or SD or SG and run around. They only did 500-800 if I not use shield. And besides them bosses mobs would instant spawn if you killed them. beside they should have realized this hat is worthless its not worth upgrading to +9 were would I get 30+ hats for that. This is why I always start doing it right away even if people say its imposible because it took me 3 weeks of doing one 200 count ant per day to do it plus ET run and some help from a guildy.

#42 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:56 AM

Why cant we just get reduced enchant buff were you do quest to get buffs. Like its ask what type of char you want to use it for then give you some long kill count then gives stats that are useful like dex agi int for archer type

#43 Bucetation

Bucetation

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationTeresina - Piauí - Brazil

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:07 AM

Why cant we just get reduced enchant buff were you do quest to get buffs. Like its ask what type of char you want to use it for then give you some long kill count then gives stats that are useful like dex agi int for archer type

How about no?

It could give mdef? Maybe, its cool, but stats is too much...

Lets take a look on Magni's cap combo.

Cap 5 def + set combo + 5 def + 5 mdef +2 str = 10 Def , 5 Mdef , 4 str - At no over.

Red Beret 10 def with no over and one slot.

its an excelent hat for priests, it grants you the def of Magni combo and you can use valk shield and elemental armor with any card you whant.

But... i think it could be extended for more two weeks... they are all account block and we need a feel of them to try an +7 ~ +9...

Nowdays doesn't matter if bots are farming it... it will be always account bound, soo i think the real players need more time to get your Berets.

But, this is just my fecal opinion. 

#44 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:09 AM

the ants were fixed by day 2 of the quest being out. And for the other I know its only sort of hard to do scarabs you need party or SD or SG and run around. They only did 500-800 if I not use shield. And besides them bosses mobs would instant spawn if you killed them. beside they should have realized this hat is worthless its not worth upgrading to +9 were would I get 30+ hats for that. This is why I always start doing it right away even if people say its imposible because it took me 3 weeks of doing one 200 count ant per day to do it plus ET run and some help from a guildy.

I probably spent some 5-6hours farming JUST on classic for the ant quest points, got to like 600-700pts before I stopped doing it. Half of that was when the mobs were the wrong stats and excluded a lot from being able to do it. Not everyone has every class to do this either. & I don't remember the ants being fixed that fast, I was using a ice pick vs anything due to their high def and my regular weapon only got better quite a ways into the event.

I spent 6hrs+ on renewal doing the farming for 2k pts but it went a lot quicker once the champion badges were dropping and this is easily solo-able by many classes over there, not just 1/2. No party. No annoying comp at MvPs that are already camped like crazy. Even with a party for classic, I normally share drops especially account bound ones to be fair. 7pts per = 285~ badges needed for a person to get 1 hat (minus some due to plans & books dropping some).

It's just really sad how it was put in here versus there as parties would make more sense on a more populated server, especially when the effects kind of blow. x___x

#45 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:33 AM

so then my strip stalker was not that hard LOL

I just told you how to kill the 2nd level mobs just kill them off one boss till the instant spawn again.

Now your right its stupid how they not just make the anni quest for us start later so that people could tell them what need to be done to it or just let us make one.

Ps. Ambur I never completed the 2nd level quest once. can you get me 24 Gabor pls?

Edited by battle, 02 July 2014 - 09:35 AM.

#46 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:55 AM

Make an "average" character and try the quest please

#47 paultak

paultak

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:01 AM

Is Bronny the Donkey (Burning Heart & Live Coal turn-in NPC) coming back? It's Juno spotlight anyway and since you're removing jump event, might as well bring him back.

#48 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:07 AM

Xellie that's why I started doing it the first week because them scarabs were to hard to solo with my main char.

Besides they must not want people making to many +9 because last I looked making +7 was 10 hat for really good chance for +7. Someone got to be really lucky or botting to get the hats needed for +9.

#49 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

Well I tried killing the harder ones with a party (it requires god items to be reasonable) and that was really tedious and slow, especially since rewards didn't mutliply up for multiple people (you had to split)

The maya kill count was the most reasonable way for me.... but it still takes 4 days? Why? What's the point of a 1 week time limit for something that takes 4 days vs competed monsters?

... and let's not get started on the wc people botting the ants.

#50 Pick

Pick

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 691 posts
  • Server:Classic/Renewal

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:15 AM

The hat is a kawaii place holder on my stalker not spending more time to get a +9when its not even worth. First week of quest was bugged to begin with too.

Edited by Pick, 02 July 2014 - 10:16 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users