GM's Please stop the bot problem - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

GM's Please stop the bot problem

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
56 replies to this topic

#1 BSandoval54

BSandoval54

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 06:44 AM

GM's you have been told so many times in so many ways to stop the bot problem. You have ignored us. Since the game started 12 years ago. The players that are in command of this game and it's royalties is because of botting. It has given them unlimited resources to control the game with such items as MVP cards, God Items and Zeny. These botters  have made many accounts to distribute their zeny and items to basically to launder there cheated goods to big guilds that in fact prosper to get the god items and give items and zeny to there members. THE DAMAGE IS DONE!!!.But this does not mean that you can't stop botting. If the GM"s were to police the game on a consistent bases and monitor the game by being more involved by monitoring the botted areas and challenging the botters and initializing IP Bands and Delete accounts that are used by the botters. The problem would correct itself intime. By getting rid of the botters you get rid of the cheaters that destroy the economy and you get rid of the people that expoit the game. But since THE DAMAGE IS DONE!!!! You do not want to implement this policing of the game because it will finally destroy the game that you are squeezing to death by selling your lucky boxes and kafra items.

As for you haters I expect you to comment on this post. I assume the GM's will lock the post. And for those how hate on this post are the ones botting, cheating, and don't want things to change because it will make your game even boring because you have no life.

#2 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:29 AM

#bringbackP2P

#3 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:29 AM

the GM team is too small to spend all their time watching for bots... its up to the players to send in detailed reports with screenshots and replays to the GM team so they can handle them... there isnt a way they can just "stop the botters" other than this... and programming done to fix this would need to be done by kRO and kRO doesnt see it as a priority since they dont have the bot problem like we do... if you refuse to report the bots you encounter then its YOUR fault the bots still exist and not the GM team...

#4 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:52 AM

the GM team is too small to spend all their time watching for bots... its up to the players to send in detailed reports with screenshots and replays to the GM team so they can handle them... there isnt a way they can just "stop the botters" other than this... and programming done to fix this would need to be done by kRO and kRO doesnt see it as a priority since they dont have the bot problem like we do... if you refuse to report the bots you encounter then its YOUR fault the bots still exist and not the GM team...

Quoted because it's right.

#5 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 02 July 2014 - 07:55 AM

Careful guys, you're going to be seen as botters in a few moments by OP. Even though the view that everyone who has God Gears, MVP Cards, and really expensive stuff being bots is completely stupid. Sure, there probably are some who got some of their stuff from botting, but not everyone does that.

#6 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:01 AM

GM's you have been told so many times in so many ways to stop the bot problem. You have ignored us. Since the game started 12 years ago. The players that are in command of this game and it's royalties is because of botting. It has given them unlimited resources to control the game with such items as MVP cards, God Items and Zeny. These botters  have made many accounts to distribute their zeny and items to basically to launder there cheated goods to big guilds that in fact prosper to get the god items and give items and zeny to there members. THE DAMAGE IS DONE!!!.But this does not mean that you can't stop botting. If the GM"s were to police the game on a consistent bases and monitor the game by being more involved by monitoring the botted areas and challenging the botters and initializing IP Bands and Delete accounts that are used by the botters. The problem would correct itself intime. By getting rid of the botters you get rid of the cheaters that destroy the economy and you get rid of the people that expoit the game. But since THE DAMAGE IS DONE!!!! You do not want to implement this policing of the game because it will finally destroy the game that you are squeezing to death by selling your lucky boxes and kafra items.

As for you haters I expect you to comment on this post. I assume the GM's will lock the post. And for those how hate on this post are the ones botting, cheating, and don't want things to change because it will make your game even boring because you have no life.

No Life he said. No life he said ^.^

#7 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:04 AM

I reported a suspicious healing slave, maybe a bot, and they say the char will be handled responsibly.

*3 months later*

It's still there, but changed the spot from Comodo to Aldebaran. Guess it's a legit player who doesn't really talk much and partied with all those rogues so it can heal them from the party window.

#8 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:15 AM

Reported few bot on april, few days ago they still around on very same map...

To put it bluntly if every 4 hours mobs gonna drop a card...in 3 month period...

and they dont even need to see the loading screen LOL

#9 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:32 AM

Reported few bot on april, few days ago they still around on very same map...

To put it bluntly if every 4 hours mobs gonna drop a card...in 3 month period...

and they dont even need to see the loading screen LOL

how do you know they were the SAME bots? once a character has been deleted the character name is once again available... you can get perma banned on a character named Joe Smith 100 times if you wanted to by simply reclaiming the name on your next bot...

#10 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:42 AM

Well i always provide ropd char info when reporting bot, if the ropd a/c no is inaccurate, my bad.

#11 EveGenesis

EveGenesis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 750 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 02 July 2014 - 08:59 AM

Some of the rich people do use bot but not All of them do. IF you want to blame someone blame the botting company not the players. You do not have Evidence to proof that Most of the Rich Player or Guild uses bots.(If you do, please post it :3 i doubt they are related to any guild and at most only few player).They have been playing for years (longer than me) and Accumulated Tons of Zeny, with the Extra Zeny the Accumulated that would not really be use, they can give it away to their member if they want to, is there any wrong in giving it to help their guildmember o.o? Rich Players do not control the market( maybe they do :x ), but the botting companies control most of the market (maybe), They collect the zeny to sell it to New or unsuspecting Players(which will get them banned later on). Don't be jealous and blame the rich player or guilds, Blame the botting companies for ruining the market. 

Edit: (learn from Tkwan :P) Rich player do control the market for high ends item, But it's because they farm it themselves, you can't have a bot hunting High ranking Mvp, unless you're really good at coding. Most High end Items are also gained through ET runs (with good parties or players that are able to solo)

And for those how hate on this post are the ones botting, cheating, and don't want things to change because it will make your game even boring because you have no life.  (how what is this how o.o??), even more boring because they have no life .-.??(really everyone has a life, including you but don't use that kind of nonsense) You're just jealous they have god gears good equip whatever..

You can find useful information or more information about bots on forum i was reading it for a year and most of your points are wrong( or unreasonable). Use youtube to search for people that actually soloed ET and check zeny making forum to see how they become rich.

Edit2: Some people get rich almost instantly, but it doesn't mean they use bot or hack. They just bought Kafra items and sell it. And your point about squeezing the community to death with kafra items are wrong, If it's dying the community will shrink, but in the past week or so more and more player are joining the game. No one is force to buy the Kafra item, they use their own money to buy it.

If you are trying to say that i'm helping because i am a hating/ botting player. You are wrong or incorrect or something ._.! 

I only have 2 mil zeny and some normal gear >.<

Someone is probably brainstorming to counter what i write. :3

Edited by EveGenesis, 02 July 2014 - 07:23 PM.

#12 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:27 AM

no you blame the people spending reallife money for ingame money or items that are not kafra items, that's why the economy is not ever going to recover.

#13 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:30 AM

how do you know they were the SAME bots? once a character has been deleted the character name is once again available... you can get perma banned on a character named Joe Smith 100 times if you wanted to by simply reclaiming the name on your next bot...

wait, so those bot accounts are deleted and not just banned?

#14 EveGenesis

EveGenesis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:34 AM

no you blame the people spending reallife money for ingame money or items that are not kafra items, that's why the economy is not ever going to recover.

of course i blame people for buying from bots, if you want to earn fast money you can buy kafra items and sell it

Edit: If you buy from bots, it will only encourage them to make more bots and they'll get more people banned.

Edited by EveGenesis, 02 July 2014 - 09:39 AM.

#15 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:43 AM

wait, so those bot accounts are deleted and not just banned?

i would assume the ban the account and delete the characters... but i dont know the actual process

#16 EveGenesis

EveGenesis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

i would assume the ban the account and delete the characters... but i dont know the actual process

you should ask Oda or campitor on the next tiki o.o? maybe they'll say it's confidential >.>.

#17 fiolina

fiolina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:49 AM

Having had several of my accounts/characters banned and then unbanned later, I can say that they are not deleted, or at least not immediately.

#18 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:51 AM

We do not delete characters, even if the account is permanently banned. It is important for tracking items, and for record keeping to leave them undeleted but permanently inaccessible. 

#19 rachelderp

rachelderp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:10 AM

Bots suck, like really suck. What I mean is, they're really bad at playing RO in high level areas. Bots can farm for months and months and get a few cards, but at the end of the day the resources you collect from the areas where bots perform best simply don't stack up to the kinds of money you can make in a coordinated party of legitimate players.

Bots don't MVP, bots don't go to guild dungeons, bots don't get god-tier seal quest items, bots don't do TIs.

Take zeny sellers for example. Back when they were running rampant, they'd proudly proclaim how much money they have in stock. "2b in stock!! 0 wait!!" "4billionz available fast easy buy!!"

A couple billion zeny is nothing. The people who dominate this game have full sets of upgraded and carded equips with each item costing billions upon billions.

I don't bot for power, I bot because it's fun. I'm a programmer. I go to work and write boring code, so I come home and write fun code. :D

#20 EveGenesis

EveGenesis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

Bots suck, like really suck. What I mean is, they're really bad at playing RO in high level areas. Bots can farm for months and months and get a few cards, but at the end of the day the resources you collect from the areas where bots perform best simply don't stack up to the kinds of money you can make in a coordinated party of legitimate players.

Bots don't MVP, bots don't go to guild dungeons, bots don't get god-tier seal quest items, bots don't do TIs.

Take zeny sellers for example. Back when they were running rampant, they'd proudly proclaim how much money they have in stock. "2b in stock!! 0 wait!!" "4billionz available fast easy buy!!"

A couple billion zeny is nothing. The people who dominate this game have full sets of upgraded and carded equips with each item costing billions upon billions.

I don't bot for power, I bot because it's fun. I'm a programmer. I go to work and write boring code, so I come home and write fun code. :D

ehh that's kind of scary >.<. And see that bot do not get high tier stuff easily( only legit player get it easily without botting) and when they sell it they become rich. They use their zeny to get other high tier items, or get it themselves.

Edited by EveGenesis, 02 July 2014 - 10:29 AM.

#21 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:51 AM

bots don't do TIs.

i thought i read a thread about someone found a bot that actually try to find a party and counts. could be macro instead of bot tho

#22 EveGenesis

EveGenesis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:53 AM

i thought i read a thread about someone found a bot that actually try to find a party and counts. could be macro instead of bot tho

i need to read more .-.! time to dive into the archive or to find more useful information.

#23 ShihouinUchiha

ShihouinUchiha

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:55 AM

That's funny because recently (like a few days ago) i was in low TI, after getting killed a few times leveling i would always stumble upon this RK chick dead at the entrance, and being the nice person that i was i would res her and continue about the rest of my time, the 4th time however when i resed her i sat there for a bit to see if she were actually afk (because each time i resed her she was in a different spot...like 6 cells from where i picked her up last time).......and she started spamming First Aid........non stop..she did not use pots or anything...and after a bit some mobs started to pile up on her...and instead of fighting back or running for cover, she just continued to spam First Aid she was apparently full agi so when more mobs started attacking her and actually hitting her and out dmging more than she could heal (FIRST AID), she teleported away (i actually don't know weather she Teleported or logged off since i had my effects turned off)..

..i'm sure there is no one in their right minds who even use First Aid as a 3rd class to heal themselves, unless they were bored(and in a safe spot at the same time) by the time you his 3rd class you should at least be able to afford to buy fish or something -_-.

Another similar instance happened a long while ago (back when low TI had the Nogg map), i had been solo leveling on my Ninja(along with my sis who was also a ninja) and there was this obvious rogue/priest combo bots on the map ,ofc i took screen shots and reported them, in fact i did this every week for 3 weeks until i was a high enough level to go to low TI (i reported her 3 times once a week since she was so easy to catch), when i finally get to low TI to search for a party, i finally got invited to one and guess who takes the final slot in the party? the rouge bot that i had repeatedly reported just before coming to low TI, she even made it to a level 84 Assassin by that time. just before the party set off i let the party lead know who she was, and she was immediately kicked from the party.

Later that same day the partner in crime priest alt bot showed up on the map looking for a party, same thing happened, he got into the same party as me (there were not many people at the ent looking for a party since it was so dangerous i guess....or just a slow day), but this time there were not many healers to begin with and we sat for a good 15-20mins before a healer finally showed up but i had zero tolerance for bots i did no't care how much we needed a healer so again i whispered the lead and told him to get rid of the healer because he was a bot......no response, i PM'd him again..still no response so i just called him out in party chat to let everyone know that this player was a bot.....everyone ignored me the priest didn't even try to defend himself he just stayed silent like everyone else....so i asked everyone "why so silent?" someone goes "but there are no other healers" and i pretty much was stunned at that response so i go "so we're keeping the bot?"..and the next thing i knew i was kicked from the party......

Goes to show when people are desperate enough they are willing to take in even bot healers to their party.

#24 rachelderp

rachelderp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

Fiolina's been through a few TI's, it's certainly been done, but it's completely obvious to everyone else in the party. They always complained about how bad she is at following and anticipating movement as a group. xD

Sure it *could* be done but most botters are lazy and don't have the time to write a new pathing algorithm...

Bots really suck at playing.

#25 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 12:01 PM

being a healer or AoE causes people to overlook a lot of things.

unless you're bad, in which cause the tolerance level drops to the same as if you were a leeching class in TIs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users