Classic Groove Packs/Lucky Box Request Thread - Page 6 - Classic Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic Groove Packs/Lucky Box Request Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
206 replies to this topic

#126 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:13 AM

Can Little Feather Hat be switched with Gelato hat please?

#127 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:14 AM

I think rideword hats should make a comeback

LFH is pretty damn powerful that should be an ingame thing VOH Style (like EMH should too)

#128 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:16 AM

May I ask why you have made this decision, from a developer perspective? 

I don't care what the players think, I want to know the staff reasoning and why they are agreeing with particular players. 

Aside from the complaints from the community, it was also something that was replacing tasks that would otherwise be the job of a priest class character. Mental Potions, Mega Resists, and Fencer Mercenaries were more universally requested among classic consumables

Can Little Feather Hat be switched with Gelato hat please?

Gelato hat will be in there...

#129 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:28 AM

Gelato hat will be in there...

Didn't we just have Gelato?  :(

Edit: Yus we did in May http://www.playragna...aspx?id=367&p=1, swap it out pls <3

#130 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 July 2015 - 11:58 AM

Little feather hat next time please !~

#131 Rythen

Rythen

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 959 posts
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:RE:Start

Posted 26 July 2015 - 06:26 PM

where is my neko mimi??????

#132 Sushi

Sushi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:59 PM

We have hundreds of those from the pack that we cannot trade into boxter.

I ask King Poring Hat for next Pack please!!

Hermode Cap would be nice as well.

#133 Naman18Tandon

Naman18Tandon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:37 AM

Banana berets please

#134 Psicratus

Psicratus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationBrazil, land of the hue
  • Server:The nostalgic one

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:39 PM

Suggestions:

18785.png King Poring Hat [1]

5203.pngSmiling Mask

presilha.jpgGreed Clip (inb4 Mastersmith's cry)

Also, i think we should always have a jackpot item on the boxes (something like 0.1% to 2% chance), doesn't need to be something overpower, and of course shouldn't be better than playing obtainable top end items - unless it's a lower headgear, since all the great ones are from cash stuff, wich would be a great idea IMHO, cause it would be rare, and all the other lowers are also from cash.

#135 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 July 2015 - 05:41 PM

Suggestions:

18785.png King Poring Hat [1]

5203.pngSmiling Mask

presilha.jpgGreed Clip (inb4 Mastersmith's cry)

Also, i think we should always have a jackpot item on the boxes (something like 0.1% to 2% chance), doesn't need to be something overpower, and of course shouldn't be better than playing obtainable top end items - unless it's a lower headgear, since all the great ones are from cash stuff, wich would be a great idea IMHO, cause it would be rare, and all the other lowers are also from cash.

No that's an in-game event reward.

No that's a community event reward.

No just make a Blacksmith or buy greed scrolls.

No we don't more p2w convincing people to spend up on boxes in even greater bulk than they do now and make their value plummet. If anything these essential items need to be available in-game through questing instead of via the cash shop, and quantity restrictions need to be placed on box purchases in a 24 hour period so that the server doesn't go from nothing to instantaneous oversupply in like half a day and totally -_- over the market.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 28 July 2015 - 05:45 PM.

#136 PaulElgan

PaulElgan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:iRO - Classic Loki

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:24 PM

Ygg Crown Please =)

#137 rojoky113

rojoky113

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 28 July 2015 - 06:30 PM

Mental Potions

Second'd.

#138 Psicratus

Psicratus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 12:45 AM

No just make a Blacksmith or buy greed scrolls.

No we don't more p2w convincing people to spend up on boxes in even greater bulk than they do now and make their value plummet.

bro... nevermind

I guess we should stick the boxes only to cute and useless stuff, after all those essential items like the mighty King Poring Hat would totally break the balance of this very promising server of ours... I cant even calculate the damage those LUK points would cause

Some claim P2W isn't welcome, but say nothing about resist potions and other consumables. I'm just too lazy to build a objective logic that shows how hypocrite this is and who it benefits, how consumables > equips for P2W, and the large use of it by some group of stablished server players mainly on WoE, wich is when it matters the most

It's funny because lobby.

EDIT: King Poring Hat [1]. It has come before, it is only fair it comes again. If you don't want it, fine, suggest other stuff to the staff, or sell those overpriced of yours while you can

Edited by Psicratus, 29 July 2015 - 01:00 AM.

#139 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:18 AM

greed clip would be nice could even make it a cash shop rental item im sure many people would probably buy it so it should be steady income or just make it a natural part of the game as it probably should be at this day in age lol

#140 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:49 AM

if you guys want greed why not suggest heroic backpack minus upgrade effects and slot?

hell, make it require +7 for greed

job done.

#141 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 01:56 AM

bro... nevermind

I guess we should stick the boxes only to cute and useless stuff, after all those essential items like the mighty King Poring Hat would totally break the balance of this very promising server of ours... I cant even calculate the damage those LUK points would cause

Some claim P2W isn't welcome, but say nothing about resist potions and other consumables. I'm just too lazy to build a objective logic that shows how hypocrite this is and who it benefits, how consumables > equips for P2W, and the large use of it by some group of stablished server players mainly on WoE, wich is when it matters the most

It's funny because lobby.

EDIT: King Poring Hat [1]. It has come before, it is only fair it comes again. If you don't want it, fine, suggest other stuff to the staff, or sell those overpriced of yours while you can

The p2w comment was referencing making boxes more lucrative and desirable with "jackpot" prizes which you explicitly stated would be better than the current top-tier stuff. That is extremely p2w (do you work for Gravity?) and the increased supply from all those boxes would destroy the value of all but the jackpot items. It's impossible to make a higher tier item than the current "best" without screwing things over anyway. Context is key.

Greed scrolls are an existing option. You can also still make a Blacksmith, who are able to use the skill without burning KP.

Is it really that hard to wait until the King Poring event? You can get the headgear for free!

Your entire argument falls apart with the consumables because a lot of people oppose them, including myself. Practically everyone did till the GMs flooded the game with them and created a power divide, necessitating a consistent supply to not disadvantage the newer/less affluent players. That goes for mentals, resists, and buff scrolls. I'm inclined to say that +10 foods push it as well, but at least they're somewhat obtainable elsewhere.

greed clip would be nice could even make it a cash shop rental item im sure many people would probably buy it so it should be steady income or just make it a natural part of the game as it probably should be at this day in age lol

Didn't realise it was so difficult to function without autoloot or area looting. Many MMOs have those features, but many also don't. Game mechanic simplification and dilution like that is not a requirement, nor is it inherently "progressive" or "modern".

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 29 July 2015 - 01:58 AM.

#142 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:01 AM

autoloot is pretty breaking without any good gold sink ingame so arealoot is fine as its mostly harmless and doesnt really hurt anything

rental versions of infinite use fly wings is also a nice thing people might enjoy that also wouldnt really hurt anything that could be included as well

Edited by needmorezleep, 29 July 2015 - 02:04 AM.

#143 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:13 AM

i like the HBP idea

#144 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:20 AM

and it's kawaii to boot.

#145 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:33 AM

I just want Vanilla 13.1 Pre-Re. No bells and whistles or Cash Shop ezmode shenanigans or hats taken from Renewal without any balancing for the environment. Why is that so hard :<

#146 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:40 AM

eventually we'll need to move on and have new pvm content tho =/

I would like to remind you that renewal had to happen for a reason, and that nobody logged in outside of Thors, on iRO.

Edited by Xellie, 29 July 2015 - 02:41 AM.

#147 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:43 AM

eventually we'll need to move on and have new pvm content tho =/

I would like to remind you that renewal had to happen for a reason, and that nobody logged in outside of Thors, on iRO.

We haven't even gotten to the end of official Pre-Re content yet, which is 13.3.1.

We can discuss additions from there, and how to balance said additions for a Pre-Renewal server instead of just slotting them in with fingers crossed.

#148 Psicratus

Psicratus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:57 AM

I like the idea of 2576.png Heroic Backpack [1] without the upgrade effects, or with much mitigated ones, seems trully great to me. The slotted version would enable it to be an "ok" PvM equipment - still not as good as proxies and others. The unsloted would demand constant and perma switches, wich some may consider "playerskill evidence", but I think it's just something that would suck after some time.

The p2w comment was referencing making boxes more lucrative and desirable with "jackpot" prizes which you explicitly stated would be better than the current top-tier stuff. That is extremely p2w (do you work for Gravity?) and the increased supply from all those boxes would destroy the value of all but the jackpot items. It's impossible to make a higher tier item than the current "best" without screwing things over anyway. Context is key.

Greed scrolls are an existing option. You can also still make a Blacksmith, who are able to use the skill without burning KP.

Is it really that hard to wait until the King Poring event? You can get the headgear for free!

Your entire argument falls apart with the consumables because a lot of people oppose them, including myself. Practically everyone did till the GMs flooded the game with them and created a power divide, necessitating a consistent supply to not disadvantage the newer/less affluent players. That goes for mentals, resists, and buff scrolls. I'm inclined to say that +10 foods push it as well, but at least they're somewhat obtainable elsewhere.

I see, in this case I apologize for presuming your position. We share the same view  about consumables and P2W.

I also guess I haven't expressed myself that clearly about the jackpot prizes: they shouldn't be better than top tier, and not as good as too, EXCEPT  for low headgears, because the ones we have come from cash (pencil, gentleman pipe), so it would be one more option - a slightly better one, but with lower chances. Money is also good for the company, they need to be able to expand the staff, the ones we have are overworking.

And for the king poring, of course I could wait, but why not put in the box too? A good item, I would buy the boxes because of it, many others would too, and there is always Boxter and many players to sell if you don't want yours. It is also an equipment that ppl break a lot trying to upgrade, like EMH, so the server wouldn't be flooded with it and the game event would still be pursuited

Edited by Psicratus, 29 July 2015 - 03:02 AM.

#149 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 29 July 2015 - 02:59 AM

slotted versions should be available through ingame play, via turn ins/quests/mvps and minus the bs upgrade effects :p_idea:

#150 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 29 July 2015 - 03:21 AM

Changed my mind after some chatting. +1 to the unslotted HBP without stat effects idea, since garment swapping is kind of a big deal and it really jeopardises your survivability if you're not carded correctly for where you are/what you're doing. It's a vastly more balanced option than a greed clip or a greed consumable which have little to no meaningful tradeoff.

Can't keep stifling the game anyway because it's pretty obvious it will do no good; the devs have a recipe in mind and the final product doesn't taste like vanilla.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users