22 replies to this topic

#1 Solavel

Solavel

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 02 July 2014 - 09:08 PM

Hello. After at least 2 years of quitting due to real life occupations, I find time resume playing Rose Online! I have so many questions, though, and I don't know where to look. Questions like whether is the PVE system enjoyable or if I - after hitting 230- will have nothing to do other than PVP my ass off. Questions like how is PVP nowadays and whether there is balance or not. Questions like which is more crowded: Leonis or Draconis?

I've also heard about Rose Online Pegasus.. What's that? Is it a new server or an entirely new game? And I remember that I had to spend several minutes buffing up my character with, like, FIVE different armor sets, which was annoying (I never even had 2 complete armor sets but I still had a general idea of that buffing technique) Is this still there or is it nerfed? Are there new additions to the game?

I could ask endlessly.. 

#2 loginphp

loginphp

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:04 PM

Congrats, but you came at the wrong time. The servers unstable and the database is completely broken. In fact you can't even play the game right now. There's going to be the biggest rollback in history soon. They are working on fixing it though, but it's literally been a few days already. Actually you came during the worst time possible. There's never been a time in the past that's been as bad as it is now. What a coincidence huh? lol Everything was fine before the 26th.

Edited by loginphp, 02 July 2014 - 10:07 PM.

#3 Solavel

Solavel

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 10:40 PM

Wow wow wow what a barrage of good news! But why are they rolling back? And how far back are they going to roll?

#4 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:41 PM

Wow wow wow what a barrage of good news! But why are they rolling back? And how far back are they going to roll?

They updated their database (= one of the core mechanics of the game) which caused some bugs. They'll rollback to the 26.06, check out the last stream for additional infos :)

#5 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 July 2014 - 11:45 PM

Hello. After at least 2 years of quitting due to real life occupations, I find time resume playing Rose Online! I have so many questions, though, and I don't know where to look. Questions like whether is the PVE system enjoyable or if I - after hitting 230- will have nothing to do other than PVP my ass off. Questions like how is PVP nowadays and whether there is balance or not. Questions like which is more crowded: Leonis or Draconis?

I've also heard about Rose Online Pegasus.. What's that? Is it a new server or an entirely new game? And I remember that I had to spend several minutes buffing up my character with, like, FIVE different armor sets, which was annoying (I never even had 2 complete armor sets but I still had a general idea of that buffing technique) Is this still there or is it nerfed? Are there new additions to the game?

I could ask endlessly.. 

Hello And Welcome Back!  :p_idea:

After hitting the level 230 you can farm, do pvp games, or dungeons (PVM), clan wars, or if you are a crafter you can craft!

The PVP these days I would say its never been this balance but there are some details needed to make it 100%.

I think no one knows who is more crowded Leonis or Draconis? I am on Leonis but with the database uppdate maybe the DEV's can merge the servers to one.

Rose Online Pegasus is a test server. So sometimes the DEV's put a patch on Pegasus so players and the DEV's can test it out and find bugs and other things before putting it into the live server. 

You are talking about buff sets when you are talking about that you need to change armors to get a better stat while buffing up. Buffsets was a bug and now removed. (You cant now change armor while are in combat! )

If you are on Leonis feel free to PM me! IGN:'' MyBuffs ''!  :Emo_12:

#6 Solavel

Solavel

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

They updated their database (= one of the core mechanics of the game) which caused some bugs. They'll rollback to the 26.06, check out the last stream for additional infos :)

So... I shouldn't level my hawker until they rollback? And when is the rollback happening?

EDIT: Also it sometimes takes me 15 minutes in loading screen before I'm able to log a character. Is that normal?

Also, silly question.. Where do I check these streams?

Edited by Zurn, 03 July 2014 - 01:30 PM.

#7 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:29 AM

So... I shouldn't level my hawker until they rollback? And when is the rollback happening?

EDIT: Also it sometimes takes me 15 minutes in loading screen before I'm able to log a character. Is that normal?

Well, if you lvled your hawker, keep in mind that your lvls will reset.

I'd rather take this rollback as an opportunity, you'll most likely never see such a high drop/exp bonus ever again. Means if you want to search good farming spots - this is your chance.

You can also disassemble your goodies, just in case you are interested what you'll get :P

The devs didn't set a date for the rollback yet since they want to eliminate all major bugs first. However, you can expect it within the next few days, the devs are working in shifts to fix the problems.

Nope, it's not normal that it takes 15mins, that's one of the bugs they are looking into. Normaly it only takes a few seconds.

That's where you can look up the streams:

http://forums.warppo...eams/?p=1596276

The link to the last stream about the Rollback:

http://www.twitch.tv...tal/b/543934010

Edited by SlowBob, 03 July 2014 - 11:34 AM.

#8 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:31 AM

That's also one of the issues they are looking into- it's happening to everyone, not just you.

I'm too new here to say welcome back to you so I'll just say hi!   My friends and I started here recently and we are really enjoying this community and game. The exact timing of you coming back right now is a bit unfortunate because of the current issues but things will be sorted and back to normal soon. Hang in there.

Anything done in-game from June 26th on will be erased when they do the rollback so if you're looking to permanently level your character, you probably should wait till the rollback happens. But it's also kind of fun to log in and check things out especially if you haven't played in awhile. The storage changes are great and also the change in drops. 

#9 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:38 PM

Welcome back Solavel! It's a shame that things are the way they are right now, but it couldn't be helped. The gravity staff are working their butts off trying to get things right again. However now is an excellent time to test new classes, new builds, and farming spots. Or you can just come online and be silly! Once they have things right again, if you are on Leonis server, feel free to pm if you need anything, or have any questions. :)

#10 Solavel

Solavel

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:01 PM

Well, if you lvled your hawker, keep in mind that your lvls will reset.

I'd rather take this rollback as an opportunity, you'll most likely never see such a high drop/exp bonus ever again. Means if you want to search good farming spots - this is your chance.

You can also disassemble your goodies, just in case you are interested what you'll get :P

What's the point in farming if all the items and their disassembled products will be flushed out with the rollback, though? 

#11 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:07 PM

What's the point in farming if all the items and their disassembled products will be flushed out with the rollback, though? 

The point is that the drop tables got re-designed, things like the compendium don't work anymore, you'll have to find the best farming spot for your items on your own.

Finding these spots is a way easier with x3 drop then with a normal drop chance, it's faster to see wether a mob drops good items or just "junk".

#12 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:19 PM

Welcome back! 

Hope to see you in-game now and once the servers stabilize. 

#13 Solavel

Solavel

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:02 PM

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

The point is that the drop tables got re-designed, things like the compendium don't work anymore, you'll have to find the best farming spot for your items on your own.

Finding these spots is a way easier with x3 drop then with a normal drop chance, it's faster to see wether a mob drops good items or just "junk".

Oh, that's true. Is it worth the try to solo-farm with my hunter once she becomes a raider, though, or will I crucially need a cleric?

#14 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:27 PM

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

Oh, that's true. Is it worth the try to solo-farm with my hunter once she becomes a raider, though, or will I crucially need a cleric?

There is no better way then trying it :)

Now you can even get loots from grey mobs, means in the worst case you can always kill some jelly beans if the other mobs are too strong ^^

#15 Solavel

Solavel

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:19 AM

Oh, wow.. That's great! I can loot from any monster no matter their level!! 

And, well, I don't think I can really discover farming spots with my Hawker since she's still pretty low level.. So I'll do that after the roll-back, which I can't wait for! I want to start leveling!

Also, it seems my old Warpportal account is suspended (probably for not logging for a while). I submit a ticket but I haven't been getting a reply for several days now. Is the Support usually busy?

#16 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:22 AM

Well they recently got a lot of tickets about items missing from the server issues, I would give them a bit or send ShazamO the ticket number.

Normally they take about 24~48 hours give or take.

#17 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:54 AM

Oh, wow.. That's great! I can loot from any monster no matter their level!! 

And, well, I don't think I can really discover farming spots with my Hawker since she's still pretty low level.. So I'll do that after the roll-back, which I can't wait for! I want to start leveling!

The lvl shouldn't realy matter, a few of the best farming spots before the patch were for the lvls 106-209. People just didn't know about most of them :P

I'd say go for a walk and kill random mobs, there's always a good chance that you find a good spot only a few people know about. In the end doing that pays off more then just visiting the "main" farming spots.

#18 Solavel

Solavel

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

Well they recently got a lot of tickets about items missing from the server issues, I would give them a bit or send ShazamO the ticket number.

Normally they take about 24~48 hours give or take.

The problem is they never sent me a ticket number to my email. I guess the ticket number is only viewed once..

#19 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 12:22 PM

Well normally they have one pop up right after you submit it, and if you signed up for the support site then you have an account you can check the ticket there as well.

If you didn't sign up for it I would say just make another ticket and get the # or register for an account first.

I don't know why they don't make you register before submitting tickets, it's pretty stupid in my opinion. 

#20 9805140304001649613

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Server:LEONIS

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

lol still no roll back </3

#21 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

lol still no roll back </3

Here's the latest update  http://forums.warppo...date/?p=1836740

#22 Solavel

Solavel

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:06 PM

I also have another question.. I found out that the item mall skill-books are not consumed upon use, and I have the skills in my character but not the books. Should I send a ticket to retrieve the books or does this new rule apply only to new users?

#23 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 04 July 2014 - 10:24 PM

Tomes are not consumed, but others are. If a Tome has disappeared I would send a ticket.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users