Changes you would like to see on the new Class Hats - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 8 votes

Changes you would like to see on the new Class Hats

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
251 replies to this topic

#26 Motherly

Motherly

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:11 AM

Holy -_-. Buffing AS is idiotic. Can't u guys see how broken that thing is in woe especially if the player owns ss/thana + trans scrolls which also add ranged damage by percentage???

AS would be the most OP thing, damn

Edited by Motherly, 03 July 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#27 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:19 AM

Holy -_-. Buffing AS is idiotic. Can't u guys see how broken that thing is in woe especially if the player owns ss/thana + trans scrolls which also add ranged damage by percentage???

AS would be the most OP thing, but I guess it's good for my guild coz we own a couple? lol? 

Quoth the Oda:

"We put them in as we received from kRO, of course we can and will tweak them."

I feel like so much pain and suffering could be avoided if people just read a few of the more recent posts before responding to the original one.

#28 Baturiano

Baturiano

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 3058 posts
  • LocationToronto Canada
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 03 July 2014 - 09:48 AM

Dat useless Combo Sura hat.

You're still not going to be seeing any competitive Combo Suras.

I beg to differ, its is rare but some use combo's in woe. Just to clear it up, you can't always combo it's very situational

P.S the sura hat isnt working as intended, using DC does not auto cast fallen empire at all

Edited by Baturiano, 03 July 2014 - 09:50 AM.

#29 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 03 July 2014 - 10:00 AM

I feel like so much pain and suffering could be avoided if people just read a few of the more recent posts before responding to the original one.

Amended the OP.

#30 st4rw4k3r

st4rw4k3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

I really dislike the current hat as it boost damage, although it is well needed, for a skill that is a very popular build. If we want to keep the idea of these hats boosting skills that are not extremely common, then I believe the hat should boost [Reverberation], rather than [Sereve Rainstorm] 

Here is a basic idea I made for it:

Night Sparrow Hat [1]

Increase ATK and MATK by 5 per level of [Voice Lessons]

Reduces SP cost of [Reverberation] by 20

If refined to level 7:

Decrease [Severe Rainstorm] damage by 50%

Increase [Reverberation] damage by 50%

If refined to level 9:

Further increase ATK and MATK by 5 per level of [Voice Lessons]

The ATK and MATK increase are there to support the damage formula for [Reverberation] as it uses both MATK and ATK to calculate damage.

Edited by st4rw4k3r, 03 July 2014 - 12:35 PM.

#31 reypirata

reypirata

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:07 PM

No Love for Gunslingers  :sob:

#32 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 July 2014 - 12:49 PM

every class got a hat (crappy effects or not) EXCEPT ninja and gunslingers and TKM... wtf is up with that? if we are lucky we get a crappy costume as a consolation prize for completing the quest... there are more ninja and gunslingers than there are super novices... it sucks we got forgotten AGAIN...

I don't think they've been forgotten. The third set of hats were being talked about in Inubashiri's thread was back some time in 2012. We didn't get Oboro/Kagerou until 02/13, right? Don't know about Ninjas, but it maybe that the idea of the hats originally STARTED before TK, ninja, and gunslinger classes were implemented.

#33 st4rw4k3r

st4rw4k3r

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:00 PM

I don't think they've been forgotten. The third set of hats were being talked about in Inubashiri's thread was back some time in 2012. We didn't get Oboro/Kagerou until 02/13, right? Don't know about Ninjas, but it maybe that the idea of the hats originally STARTED before TK, ninja, and gunslinger classes were implemented.

I doubt that's the reason, these classes have been out for a long long time now.

Whatever the reason was, if there was one, we just simply do not have hats for these classes, yet.

What's holding us back from offering recommendations of possible hats for these expanded classes?

#34 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

emot-siren.gifODA: THE EFFECTS ON THE HAT ARE WHAT WE RECEIVED FROM KRO, NOT FINALIZED- FURTHER TWEAKS WILL BE MADE emot-siren.gif

This sounds pretty bad though, and means that we are "beta testing" these hats on a "production environment" since these are already live on Renweal Chaos server and not just Sakray. At least these aren't cash shop hats and are just event rewards (except for the older ones like Night Sparrow Hat etc.).

This project in particular generally had a lot of problems from the start and had a lot of inherent contradictions to what the "goal" of the project was. Or maybe the goal wasn't explicitly stated enough. Leveling anything over 100 REQUIRES AOE but spellfist is not AOE. The project is supposed to promote builds that are not as "mainstream" but Severe Rainstorm and Cart Cannon are the skills 99.9% of Performers and Genetics use to level. They should have buffed Reverb and Cart Tornado instead. Plenty of RKs use Ignition Break as their first leveling skill as well. The initial drafts of the effects were pretty much "final" and barely any of the community feedback was taken, or it was mentioned that there was "too much feedback" to go through.

#35 WonderTonic

WonderTonic

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts
  • LocationDelaware

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:35 PM

I will miss this Arrow Storm damage if it goes T.T

If that hat were to be changed.  I suggest buffing Aimed Bolt and/or a big buff to Cluster Bomb.   Cluster Bomb is very underwhelming.  The damage for that skill should be buffed to reflect the amount of work needed to utilize it.

EDIT:  Some Power Swing love for Mechs would be cool too.

Edited by WonderTonic, 03 July 2014 - 01:47 PM.

#36 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:54 PM

I doubt that's the reason, these classes have been out for a long long time now.

Whatever the reason was, if there was one, we just simply do not have hats for these classes, yet.

What's holding us back from offering recommendations of possible hats for these expanded classes?

Eh, you maybe right, but what better explanation is there? Inu/Ralis/WP/Gravity didn't feel like making one for those classes? You can't say they forgot, since they put in the costumes for classes that don't have a hat designed for them.

#37 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 03 July 2014 - 01:55 PM

ninja tkm and GS have been around longer than this project...  in fact i brought up ninja in the very thread about the hats and was told they were still in concept phase and Inu said last october that she would have one in the works when she could get one drawn but that never went beyond that point it seems...

#38 Pocky

Pocky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

As a ranger main, I am sick and tired of the constant nerfs we are receiving. This hat is just brought up a tiny bit of happiness in me, even though has almost no difference in damage WoE wise - and we will always be outclassed by geneticists and RK's at MvPing.

STOP THE RANGER HATE TODAY

Edited by Pocky, 03 July 2014 - 02:13 PM.

#39 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:13 PM

Release a headgear and then change the effects on it after a day? That's not right either. 

#40 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:15 PM

Pocky...your joking, right?

ninja tkm and GS have been around longer than this project...  in fact i brought up ninja in the very thread about the hats and was told they were still in concept phase and Inu said last october that she would have one in the works when she could get one drawn but that never went beyond that point it seems...

I stand corrected, then.

Edited by belld1711, 03 July 2014 - 02:15 PM.

#41 Pocky

Pocky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

Pocky...your joking, right?

I stand corrected, then.

What is so funny about my post?

#42 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:22 PM

Actually rangers will remain as one of the the best AoEs in PVM with or without this hat. Rangers in TI will probably still wear SP hats like Rideword or Vanaargand because most rangers can already one shot without the Autumn Leaves. In WoE, the damage increase between +12 Dolomedes CEB and this hat is not so different. Specialty rangers already got nerfed in WoE from the WoE sets. 

#43 Damara

Damara

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:39 PM

The main skill maestros and wanderers use is MAGIC STRINGS. Any other skill buff would be an alternate build...

#44 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:44 PM

If you check out the Inubashiri Project pinned thread under Proposals and Suggestions section, there are already 20 pages of detailed and elaborated discussion on many headgears effect.

http://forums.warppo...view-preview-3/

Edited by GreenIvy, 03 July 2014 - 02:48 PM.

#45 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • LocationRelocated ---->Bio 4
  • Server:Chaos>Valkyrie>New Chaos

Posted 03 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

I got these head gears for the looks only, lol. :P

#46 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:06 PM

I would love to see the Lyrica Hat actually be wearable by absolutely anyone.

#47 Izzy1

Izzy1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1793 posts
  • LocationU.K
  • Server:Chaos Renewal - Smokies

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:07 PM

This is why we can't have nice things. No matter what, people cry and whine about things. If you don't like the head-gears, don't get them. If you don't like it's effect, don't use it. This is a freaking game for crying out loud. You all seem to think it's going to kill you in some way or another. Grow up and stop acting like spoiled children.

And for the record, I'm not bothered about the effects, I'll use them if they are deemed useful enough for me to use. The one(s) I really wanted were the Maestro and Super Novice ones. Yes, the Ranger one would have been great, however, It'd be hard for me to retire the Vanagand Helm because of it's usefulness.

#48 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

This is why we can't have nice things. No matter what, people cry and whine about things. If you don't like the head-gears, don't get them. If you don't like it's effect, don't use it. This is a freaking game for crying out loud. You all seem to think it's going to kill you in some way or another. Grow up and stop acting like spoiled children.

And for the record, I'm not bothered about the effects, I'll use them if they are deemed useful enough for me to use. The one(s) I really wanted were the Maestro and Super Novice ones. Yes, the Ranger one would have been great, however, It'd be hard for me to retire the Vanagand Helm because of it's usefulness.

i think what people are upset about is that these were player designed gears for the purpose of encouraging people to use underutilized builds and what kRO did was just make them into gears that boost already OP skills...

#49 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:14 PM

Yeah so changes should be to buff the headgears that are useless so that they actually help classes with an "alternate" build.

#50 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:22 PM

When it essentially feels like an entire community wasted their time with proposals and discussion to get results that don't fully match up to what was desired, discontent is plenty understandable. What about Soul Linkers? They have a headgear they can't even wear because of bad decisions. Your stance on that?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users