Changes you would like to see on the new Class Hats - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 8 votes

Changes you would like to see on the new Class Hats

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
251 replies to this topic

#51 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:29 PM

From testing the Autum hat for ranger is not much different from my +12 ceb when I was testing. It seems like this is mostly a good buff for pvm rangers. I honestly think this is great, please dont change it.

#52 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

The hat should be boosting something under-used, like traps. V

#53 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 03 July 2014 - 03:58 PM

From testing the Autum hat for ranger is not much different from my +12 ceb when I was testing. It seems like this is mostly a good buff for pvm rangers. I honestly think this is great, please dont change it.

you dont know how brokenhearted trappers are. we trapper dont have many options to boost our damage significantly, while u arrow stormer already got plenty of gears to choose to raise your damage to even surpasses god.

I stand firm to demand ranger hat to change, to accommodate trappers. being an ignored 'stepchild' of gravity for all this time, now when the time come to get some love, we still got nothing while the 'golden child' got more, more and more.

of course you dont want ranger hat to change since u already used to be BABYSAT ALL THE TIME by graceful gears. now please consider sharing your joy to other build, you already happy with your gears, now let trappers happy too, so no more stepchild and goldenchild gap anymore.

Edited by fuyukikun, 03 July 2014 - 04:09 PM.

#54 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:00 PM

When it essentially feels like an entire community wasted their time with proposals and discussion to get results that don't fully match up to what was desired, discontent is plenty understandable. What about Soul Linkers? They have a headgear they can't even wear because of bad decisions. Your stance on that?

exactly.

if you skim through the inubashiri thread you will see people put lots of thoughts and effort into this. And now what they did is just neglecting all of that. of course we are disappointed. What's the point of welcoming community opinions then?

If these hats are offered just like any other hats in kafra shop, no one would've complain. But they put up a 'billboard' saying 'these are for alternative build, we also welcome community opinion' and then do the exact opposite, our reaction cannot be any more normal. This is not the first time that they execute a good idea badly. To think of this, no one would say anything about the effects if kro design the class mechanics more balance, not do silly unnecessary nerf and alternate build can still level sufficient, not being completely useless.

Edited by GreenIvy, 03 July 2014 - 04:06 PM.

#55 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:09 PM

you dont know how brokenhearted trappers are. we trapper dont have many options to boost our damage significantly, while u arrow stormer already got plenty of gears to choose to raise your damage to even surpasses god.
I stand firm to demand ranger hat to change, to accommodate trappers. being an ignored 'stepchild' of gravity for all this time, now when the time come to get some love, we still got nothing while the 'golden child' got more, more and more.

You shouldn't be making a build based on a hat's effects that were not confirmed anyway. And trappers have enough skill points to get arrow storm 10 too.

#56 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:12 PM

You shouldn't be making a build based on a hat's effects that were not confirmed anyway. And trappers have enough skill points to get arrow storm 10 too.

i never use arrow storm and dont plan to use arrow storm ever. this is my commitment, and i dont see my commitment as stupid. by being a trapper and surviving to max level using obsolete build is just how i enjoy the game in my own terms and challenges.

#57 Pocky

Pocky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:13 PM

You think one hat will make the whole trapping thing better? We have to invest in the whole set, from armor to weapon for arrow storm to just be on par with the other class skills. AND EVEN THEN, its only achievable with MVP cards.

One headgear wont make much difference to traps

Edited by Pocky, 03 July 2014 - 04:29 PM.

#58 Hakobune

Hakobune

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 408 posts
  • LocationNowhere I want to be that's for sure
  • Server:The mismanaged cashgrab

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:17 PM

If possible the RG hat should allow the use of genesis ray without banding or inspiration. I honestly don't know if genesis ray is one of those OP skills or not, never seen anyone use it so maybe thats not such a brilliant idea. I think that's really the only way a hat based on genesis ray would work since it's such a hard to skill to build around.

#59 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:23 PM

The problem with traps is not the gears, but the skill itself. You think one hat will make the whole trapping thing better? We have to invest in the whole set, from armor to weapon for arrow storm to just be on par with the other class skills.  One headgear wont make much difference to traps

yes indeed, i find traps to be strong.

i solo hazy using my traps

i solo maya and orc hero using traps

i solo mid TI bungisnis-engkanto using traps

i solo high TI acidus using my traps

i solo bifrost tower using my traps

just because people see the base damage is low, they underestimate it, people should see more to its DPS side. Fire traps is aspd based, can be spammed over and over again, and with 4xHF card + rideword u dont even need pots anymore, while arrow storm has cooldown and etc.

trappers also very tanky, can use shield, has very high perfect dodge. trappers can be very manipulative using 5x5 aoe ankle snare, changing monster element in 5x5 aoe (useful to change ghost monsters so other people can Gfist or bomb katheryne keyrons).

stop judge traps just because you only see them in a nutshell, try play one!

Edited by fuyukikun, 03 July 2014 - 04:42 PM.

#60 Pocky

Pocky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:33 PM

just because people see the base damage is low, they underestimate it, people should see more to its DPS side. Fire traps is aspd based, can be spammed over and over again, and with 4xHF card + rideword u dont even need pots anymore, while arrow storm has cooldown and etc.

trappers also very tanky, can use shield, has very high perfect dodge. trappers can be very manipulative using 5x5 aoe ankle snare, changing monster element in 5x5 aoe (useful to change ghost monsters so other people can Gfist or bomb katheryne keyrons).

stop ignoring traps just because you only see them in a nutshell, try play one!

edited my quoted post.
and according to you traps are pretty OP right now, so why should we make the hat trap based?

#61 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:41 PM

and according to you traps are pretty OP right now, so why should we make the hat trap based?

Because AS is stronger and is also a primary build. The hats were designed explicitly for older and/or suboptimal builds.

Also, traps aren't that strong. It takes a hell of a lot more work and skill to trap effectively.

#62 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:44 PM

edited my quoted post.

i didnt say traps is OP, i just say it is strong. OP and strong are two different meaning. AS is OP.
yes OF COURSE damage boost about 50-75% CAN make a difference. it will kill faster and almost double its DPS.

Edited by fuyukikun, 03 July 2014 - 04:46 PM.

#63 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

What about RK Please make IB more powerful

or make DB faster cast :)

COME ON COME ON ^.^

#64 ALSJ

ALSJ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:49 PM

Just like I posted in the discussion, I'm still sticking to the Divine Guard Hat stressing the Grand Cross + Heal build that was lost in Renewal. Basically tapping into that lost Magic Attack side, since RG pretty much forces physical attacks with spears.

In a concept inversion, I think its still a better idea for Hitaikakushi -I'm still not sold on its current name- to stress Estin/Estun/Esma damage, since the mainstream build is battle build.

Ascendant Crown can be tweaked.

I'm curious of the results if the proposed Autumn Hairband were used with the ignored Black Wing Set.

Is it safe to plot Gunslinger (or maybe Rebel), Kage/Obo, and TKM ideas in another thread, yet?

#65 Pocky

Pocky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 04:53 PM

stop judge traps just because you only see them in a nutshell, try play one!

sounds op to me

#66 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

sounds op to me

The headgears are about alternative build, not op or not. Ranger is a strong class in general, AS or Trapper, while AS is stronger. There is no point simply comparing numbers. I don't see a problem with boosting trapper which IS an alternative build that not many people play.

Some people just don't get that we are not complaining about certain skill. class or build is not badass enough. We are unhappy because they delivered something that is not what they promised.

Linker's hat is not really for alternative build either because in renewal mechanics crit melee linker is the mainstream build now for leveling. however, es-bolt build is weak.

Edited by GreenIvy, 03 July 2014 - 05:10 PM.

#67 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:11 PM

sounds op to me

everybody can do them if they can use their character right. u must be thinking that this game is a simple click monster things (when all monster should die in first click while using the same gear over and over again from lv 100-150) and you dunno that certain condition can be overcome by developing strategy by analyzing enemy behavior and your char's own strength and weakness.

spend your time more to your char, to know it better. dont just do TI all the time till 150 where you are babysat by 11 more party members while you are doing nothing and seeing that killing count goes up. explore the world, find challenges.

Edited by fuyukikun, 03 July 2014 - 06:03 PM.

#68 moimoi213

moimoi213

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

give some adoramus buff / atk boost on shrine maiden hat please :kis: let the maiden exterminate more demons :no1:

#69 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:41 PM

I've always maintained the Wanderer/Maestro hat should try to make Reverberation, auto-attack, or metallic sound builds viable.

#70 Pocky

Pocky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

The headgears are about alternative build, not op or not. Ranger is a strong class in general, AS or Trapper, while AS is stronger. There is no point simply comparing numbers. I don't see a problem with boosting trapper which IS an alternative build that not many people play.

Some people just don't get that we are not complaining about certain skill. class or build is not badass enough. We are unhappy because they delivered something that is not what they promised.

Linker's hat is not really for alternative build either because in renewal mechanics crit melee linker is the mainstream build now for leveling. however, es-bolt build is weak.

But that's what everybody is doing right? They are all saying arrow storm is super OP and shouldn't be buffed at all.

everybody can do them if they can use their character right. u must be thinking that this game is a simple click monster things (all monster should die in first click while using the same gear over and over again from lv 100-150) and dunno that certain condition can be overcome by developing strategy by analyzing enemy behavior and your char's ow strength and weakness.

spend your time more to your char, to know it better. dont just do TI all the time till 150 where you are babysat by 11 more party members while you are doing nothing and seeing that killing count goes up. explore the world, find challenges.

What? How do you think we even managed to make the monsters die in one click while using the same gear over and over again in the first place? - obviously by careful planning and theory crafting, or "developing strategy by analyzing enemy behaviour and your char's own strengths and weaknesses" according to you.

and how on earth do you think I got my ranger to 150? I was using traps long before you ever did, everyone did.

#71 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:06 PM

But that's what everybody is doing right? They are all saying arrow storm is super OP and shouldn't be buffed at all.

What? How do you think we even managed to make the monsters die in one click while using the same gear over and over again in the first place? - obviously by careful planning and theory crafting, or "developing strategy by analyzing enemy behaviour and your char's own strengths and weaknesses" according to you.

and how on earth do you think I got my ranger to 150? I was using traps long before you ever did, everyone did.

i dont want to discuss to people who cant comprehend my reading by knowing what words in a bracket means, and understand sarcastics. while u mostly agree about what's OP and what's not, why dont u agree that traps should be buffed?

#72 Pocky

Pocky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:20 PM

i dont want to discuss to people who cant comprehend my reading by knowing what words in a bracket means, and understand sarcastics. while u mostly agree about what's OP and what's not, why dont u agree that traps should be buffed?

i wonder why

#73 baO603

baO603

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 548 posts

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:45 PM

I was hoping sura's headgear to include a slight boost to ranged attacks.

#74 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:48 PM

oh yea oh yea make dragon breath even faster :) with out the dam boots.

I know some of u going to say get the boots hmph

#75 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • LocationRelocated ---->Bio 4
  • Server:Chaos>Valkyrie>New Chaos

Posted 03 July 2014 - 06:53 PM

To be honest I'll be sad if the ME effect gets changed off the shrine maiden hat even if it wasn't what was originally intended. Would it be possible to just leave the ME effect and add on whatever else? Not like ME is game breaking. :x

Edited by KiyokoHasami, 03 July 2014 - 06:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users