#1 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 04 July 2014 - 07:29 AM

Since I was unable to run for VCR this time around, due to being to busy irl for me to give this attention it needs. I will be posting my findings,concerns, and notes that I made during my time as a VCR to help the current and rangers and Ranger VCRS.

Confirmed findings:

Ranger in general: Damage reduced in PvP, Def reduced.

Falcon Assault- Falcons will sometimes not attack the target, Seems to happen more frequently if they target the falcon is summoned on moves ~10m away from the cell you it was on when used FA and before FA full summons.

Acrobat: Cause fall damage when used at certain elevations.

Multi Shot: Does more damage than it should be doing at 3/3, 2x range than is shown on skill description(Shows 7m, but as a 14m range)

Arrow Vulcan: Damage is reduced in PvP on top of blanket damage reduction in pvp.

Claymore: Initial damage is current 3x lower than it should be and is unaffected by Element boost/reduction. DoT Damage does correct damage but is unaffected by element boost/reduction

Speculations/Insufficient data:

Ranger's Physical effect formula is different from other classes, there seems to be some kind of missing info on the Bows.(We get damage from M.atk, but no way to boost it outside an unknown preset amount on Bows and honing). This was found because using the Skill Effect formula we were given we are missing around ~300-500 Physical skill effect.

Falcon Assault: Gets increased  damage from Physical attack boosting skills such as Owl Eyes. This could mean FA pull it's damage from both P.Atk and M.atk instead of just M.atk like the skill says or Owl Eyes also boosts M.atk but doesn't show it in the window.

Sharpshooting: I'm currently unable to pinpoint how the damage from the 3% is calculated(Neither Attack power, Physical Skill Effect, or Damage done by other skills matches the 3%). I'm leaning towards it's for some reason 3% of Physical Skill Effect and 3% Magic Skill Effect gets applied. My findings while using SS.

Spoiler

Concerns:
Falcon Assault: This skill is rapidly weaker and weaker in pve to the point FA build will no longer be viable. Pre ML: Average skill damage was ~90k, ML20: Average damage is about 24k,  at ML23 in DW: It does about 16.8k. This is supposed to be one of our End game builds yet is starting to fall off incredibly hard has mobs Def and Parrying increases and will only continue to get lower.

This is it for right now. I need to go through and piece together some more notes I have written down(Forgetting shorthand writings ftl)

Edited by StormHaven, 04 July 2014 - 07:46 AM.

#2 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:42 AM

Notes

Suggested Changes to Traps

Redesigning AV and Status Effects

Damage Comparison between skills

Skill Effect Formula Calculations/Errors

#3 Meirin

Meirin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 06:41 AM

1. Freeze Trap needs to be fixed to work correctly in the first place. Most of the time I use it, it sets off prematurely and has a very small chance of actually working.
  2. Stacking DoTs, while interesting, feels like more of a nerf than a balance of skills. If I have to use the same skill multiple times to get the same effect as I currently do, then that means that I am wasting time just trying to build aggro. Also, this configuration works best for bosses only. For PvE, this is going to get us killed, especially when you factor in the cooldown and animation times. Likewise, for grinding mobs or farming them for whatever, this will make things slower and more painful. I, for one, do NOT want that.
  3. Um, could you please explain the 3rd spreadsheet? I do not see the point of what you are exactly trying to get at there...
  4. On the 4th spreadsheet, it looks like we some evidence for being nerfed. Am I correct on this?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users