White Drooping Eddga Hat? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

White Drooping Eddga Hat?

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 NihonHikikomoriK

NihonHikikomoriK

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 558 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:15 PM

So apparently when you transform to eddga you gain refine lvl times 25 atk...why isnt this stated on the hat?Why did i only get this information by chance on forum?

Edited by NihonHikikomoriK, 08 July 2014 - 07:17 PM.

#2 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 July 2014 - 07:34 PM

none of the transform scrolls or any of the transform hats (inu, eddga, red beret) tell you what special bonus you can get when you transform in their item description.

reason why you don't know and most people don't know, is because people like to be spoon fed their information, and don't like to test things on their own

#3 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:01 PM

I'm sorry there is a profound difference between being "spoonfed information" and having the basic privilege of an accurate item description. What if Crown of Deceit was like that, can you imagine how much intensive testing would need to be done to have a hazy approximation of what the effect is? As of late the quality of information coming down the pipeline from WP is borderline non-existent. You might think that it is acceptable, and that it is the "burden of the player" to fumble through things on their own. But to me its a waste of time and effort that is better spent on other games.

#4 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:11 PM

i dont think its quite right.. when mine procs at +7 i get 185 additional atk...

#5 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 08:13 PM

Well dude, fortunately i don't have to "imagine" because cod is not that way as is many other items in game. Other than these transform headgears, which are a new concept on iro, what other item is a better comparison for your "hazy approximation" analysis?

how hard is it to kill a couple mobs or go to ilzude academy and attack those test eggs, and then look at your stat window and notice if your damage changes when you transform?

not very hard

#6 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:22 PM

yea but before u can even say "hey look i turned...uh" its gone.

#7 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:23 PM

the higher the refine level the greater the proc rate as well as damage increase... ive had mine double and even triple proc even at just +7...

#8 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:36 PM

The hat itself already states that proc rate and atk boost increases with refine rate. You could have at least done some testing with the hat to see the exact increase yourself...

#9 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:39 PM

it would be nice to know proc rates for items without hours of testing and having to do math (i hate math)...

#10 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 08 July 2014 - 09:51 PM

We should in no way be testing gears in this format.

It's even sadder when the player base knows more about the game than the actual devs and GMs...

#11 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:00 PM

i just dont understand their logic from keeping things like item effects/proc rates/drop and skill/damage/ect  formulas secret... why not give players every advantage when it comes to playing the game... id much rather be given information than easy upgrading and leveling...

#12 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 08 July 2014 - 10:02 PM

i just dont understand their logic from keeping things like item effects/proc rates/drop and skill/damage/ect  formulas secret... why not give players every advantage when it comes to playing the game... id much rather be given information than easy upgrading and leveling...

Likely because they're not allowed to disclose that kind of information directly to the playerbase.

#13 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:32 PM

It really isn't that hard for the eddga hat though...

Just get a +1, look at status window, wait for proc, note the increase, then repeat with a +2.

Takes no more than 5 minutes. Besides if you're not interested enough in the effect to give it a try, why be surprised at how good an item can potentially be?

#14 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:34 PM

Well dude, fortunately i don't have to "imagine" because cod is not that way as is many other items in game. Other than these transform headgears, which are a new concept on iro, what other item is a better comparison for your "hazy approximation" analysis?

how hard is it to kill a couple mobs or go to ilzude academy and attack those test eggs, and then look at your stat window and notice if your damage changes when you transform?

not very hard

right let me just go test my credit card to get the hat, and then test my credit card again for enriched elu etc.

Its just a test right so gravity will have no problems with the chargebacks at the end of the test? easy peasy lemon squ... oh where did my account go.

I already have hats that add attack by chance, why would I buy another hat that's hiding the effect? its probably worse than the hat I already own (false in this case, but how the F am I supposed to know that)

@ZT

that's a bit of a cop out, it'd be like giving CoD the description "improves magical use" and leaving it at that, or "refining makes it better" on gears instead of listing what the bonuses are.

Its probably ok for ingame items that you don't pay money for, but for $$$ items providing at least basic useful information about what your buying is expected. Chance to proc %'s being left off is ok so long as they give a vague idea like "high/low chance to xx" etc but leaving off what actually happens when it procs just makes the item useless.

Edited by Hrothmund, 08 July 2014 - 11:40 PM.

#15 hmc317

hmc317

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1461 posts

Posted 08 July 2014 - 11:47 PM

i concede, white flag

everything in game should clearly state everything, proc rates, drop rates, everything

sorry :p_sad:

#16 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:05 AM

What're you sorry for?

Your post is invaluable to the community.

#17 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:06 AM

i concede, white flag

everything in game should clearly state everything, proc rates, drop rates, everything

Well don't go nuts :v

We deserve base effects and refine bonuses (if any). Proc rates we don't necessarily need, but uniform terminology needs to be established in order to avoid stating exact numbers.

In fact, we just need uniformity across all descriptions. Some gears use numbers, some use "low chance" or a variation of that, and some just say "x thing might happen when you do y".

Maybe, instead of nudging for updates and KP Shop gear to poorly translate the effects of, we should fix all this crap.

#18 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:17 AM

Well don't go nuts :v

We deserve base effects and refine bonuses (if any). Proc rates we don't necessarily need, but uniform terminology needs to be established in order to avoid stating exact numbers.

In fact, we just need uniformity across all descriptions. Some gears use numbers, some use "low chance" or a variation of that, and some just say "x thing might happen when you do y".

Maybe, instead of nudging for updates and KP Shop gear to poorly translate the effects of, we should fix all this crap.

I think you should take your opinions elsewhere.

Develop some kind of new technology to cure cancer.

You're way too smart to post here.

RO forums is/are(?) reserved for dumb people.

Edited by Alicia, 09 July 2014 - 12:18 AM.

#19 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 12:51 AM

I think you should take your opinions elsewhere.

Develop some kind of new technology to cure cancer.

You're way too smart to post here.

Wat  :blink:

afaik we have the "Fix that item description" project for translation issues, which is an ongoing community thing headed up by Campitor, but it really shouldn't fall on us to fix mistakes that we had no part in making.

Or maybe it should, as we obviously can't rely on the game's developers. Doddlercon, iW and Divine Pride are proof enough of that xD

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 09 July 2014 - 01:00 AM.

#20 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:00 AM

I have to admit. Forums do have a lot of dumb people.

Like when I see some people post here about dumb things or topics, I think to myself........"Do people like this actually exist in real life?"

Because I never meet people that I'm around in my daily life who are that stupid. Only on the internet.

Back on topic though....Yeah, WP should show the main effects, especially for things like T. Scrolls when they come out. I know it would be bad business for them,for the players to learn the real rates for some of these game mechanics, but sometimes it could be just as worse not to reveal.

#21 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:03 AM

Because I never meet people that I'm around in my daily life who are that stupid. Only on the internet.

People are forced to interact on forums, in order to actually speak their mind, not to mention everything they say is immortalised in text.. There are LOTS of stupid people out there, but they're more apparent here where their stupidity is on show xD

#22 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 09 July 2014 - 01:58 AM

How much does WP spends anually to buy locks for locking the threads?

Please lock.

#23 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 09 July 2014 - 02:14 AM

And here comes the wannabe mods.

If the OP wants the thread locked,he/she can close it themselves.

#24 Azerk

Azerk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos, ex-Valkyrie

Posted 09 July 2014 - 10:08 AM

No, he/she can't.

#25 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 09 July 2014 - 05:34 PM

@ZT
that's a bit of a cop out, it'd be like giving CoD the description "improves magical use" and leaving it at that, or "refining makes it better" on gears instead of listing what the bonuses are.

Its probably ok for ingame items that you don't pay money for, but for $$$ items providing at least basic useful information about what your buying is expected. Chance to proc %'s being left off is ok so long as they give a vague idea like "high/low chance to xx" etc but leaving off what actually happens when it procs just makes the item useless.

In terms of item descriptions, yes, I agree they should at least tell you exactly what the item does. But for proc/drop/EXP rates and damage formulas, they're not at liberty to disclose those.

Like when I see some people post here about dumb things or topics, I think to myself........"Do people like this actually exist in real life?"

Come to Disneyland or Walt Disney World and you can see the stupid in live-action.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users