• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SavajCabbaj

SavajCabbaj

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 02:26 PM

I've been playing for a few days now, keep making, deleting, and remaking characters.. and am about ready to start developing an actual character.

I usually enjoy playing the support-types / healers, and have read that they can actually present a respectable DPS in this game. So, that settles it. I'm playing a Magician/Monk/Priest/Invoker.

I always play exclusively PvE with my first character, and designed this build (link) for both solo and party play. I've only considered what I plan to do up to level 40, haven't really considered what I'll do from there. Did I select anything generally considered absolutely useless (note, there is sometimes a difference between unpopular and useless)? Any skills you think would be better replaced by something else? Should I be saving more SP for Priest skills? Would this be effective for solo PvE, or do you think I should go with another class/build for my first character? <-(While I do enjoy the supportive types, I also tend to solo ~50% of the time.. and would much rather not play a character that solo's at an alarmingly slow rate.)

Three skills I noticed almost no other builds include -- Teleport, MP Potion Maximization, and MP Recovery. I can understand these being unpopular, however I included them for efficiency's sake while solo'ing (I hate sitting idle when I'm out in the middle of nowhere and run out of potions, while I have to wait for my HP/MP to recover). Taking that into consideration, please only recommend the removal of any of these skills if and only if they literally are useless.

Thanks for your time!
Your resident vegetarian cannibal-
-SavajCabbaj

Edited by SavajCabbaj, 08 November 2010 - 02:28 PM.

#2 invazn

invazn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 368 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 November 2010 - 05:19 PM

Couple issues and suggestions:
- lv 1 point buster? this skill is absolutely not needed and is a waste of SP
- MP potion maximization: another useless skill. dont bother leveling it above lv1
- should max slow heal. its useful as it replenishes HP within a duration. usually, casting slow heal at the beginning of a MM run is sufficient, and instant heal if needed
- casting acceleration: more useful in PVP, but not a big issue if you have it
- since this is for lv40 and below, definitely max diffusion cannon. it is your main attack.
- max instant heal for sure. like you said, you are a supporter/healer. so it is pretty obvious why. this will be your quick heal when things get a bit out of hand. (wide heal would be second, when instant heal is in CD. and slow heal should be present always)

Edited by invazn, 08 November 2010 - 05:19 PM.

#3 anmd

anmd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 November 2010 - 03:28 AM

1. Add 1 to point buster if you want to get meteor rush (to knockdown monsters at f6)
2. Put 1 on MP potion maximization for focus
3. Magic Enhancement is optional as it only increase 100 matk..
3. I think Cast acceleration is needed to decrease the casting time of wide heal (if instant heal still on delay), resurrection (1.5 cast time) and spark rock/lightning stone?(1 sec cast time) and striking it's up to you though I only used it at f6..
4. I prefer to leave lightning strike at lvl 1 to save sp for striking (add 500 damage at lvl 5) and blessing(only boost a tiny bit of your matk)
5. Max Rain of fire (to get 5 sec CD)
6. You might need to bring some MP potions in case you're running out of MP (due to Rain of fire), but that lvl 5 Mp potion maximization is waste of sp (75 sp to reach lvl 5).
7. Slow heal is good to have

Edited by anmd, 09 November 2010 - 03:38 AM.

#4 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 09 November 2010 - 12:48 PM

"Teleport," or Blink, is really only needed in PvP. In PvE, you should quickly learn to avoid most enemy attacks without it just fine.

The two MP recovery skills are completely unnecessary, as you will find that as you progress you'll have plenty of gold to stock up on loads of potions for fast MP recovery -- and quite honestly, most of the time you will be spamming your basic "X" attack, which doesn't consume MP at all.

Also, currently the class progression tree goes Magician->Mage->Monk->Invoker for our version, just a heads-up on that (I think it was supposed to go Magician->Monk->Priest->Invoker, but for some reason it changed).

Mages/monks are fantastic for solo play, mostly b/c you will be able to solo bosses with ease and take them out more quickly than most other classes. We're not as fast at killing large mobs as, say, wizards/warlocks, but we can definitely hold our own in that department, just the same. Just get to 40, buy a Hookah Hat off of someone or get the Legend of Combo medal (adding extra attack speed to Double Shot), and your X-spam (+ heals) will make PvE a breeze.

Edited by Rimmy, 09 November 2010 - 12:51 PM.

#5 Cherrin

Cherrin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:27 PM

just a note, casting acceleration isn't that useful at first..i recommend if you are going to get it, to get it once you get your skill reset at 40. the pillar skill you get after 40 is extremely useful in F6 and in order to cast it faster, it's easier to have the casting acceleration with you. plus, it helps with healing and it gives the whole party the effect.

everything else is pretty much fine. wide heal you won't even be using... instant heal will be your main healing skill.

Edited by Cherrin, 10 November 2010 - 07:29 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users