Thunderbirds Tuesday Question Lounge 7/15 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Thunderbirds Tuesday Question Lounge 7/15

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
65 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

Ask questions about the game or this week’s subject in the thread and I’ll be answering them in next week’s Thunderbirds Tuesday live show!

Thunderbirds are GO!

A while ago I’d already posted up something about my favorite puppet based disaster rescue show but this is a more thought out post for the blog! Gerry Anderson’s Supermarionation tv show The Thunderbirds was something that I watched a little of as a kid, though I hadn’t watched a lot of the show itself, I’ll never forget the bombastic opening credits.

Growing up in Los Angeles and making monthly trips to the Japanese supermarkets and toy stores, I always noticed how inexplicably popular this 60s British TV show was in Japan. Even to this day, they have Thunderbirds expos and restaurants in Japan that cater to the fans of International Rescue.

Rewatching it now, it is still a very entertaining and retro-as-heck experience that I can heartily recommend. There is a hand-made charm to the show that is a direct result of the skillful marionette technology and practical effects at work. The designs of the characters and vehicles are instantly iconic and hold up well. Basically, I fell in love with the show so ask me anything about The Thunderbirds.

This is an excellent original soundtrack with the more memorable scores from the series.

I would love to try replicating some of these Thunderbirds inspired drinks:

For the time being, try out this THUNDERBIRD cocktail

#2 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 10 July 2014 - 06:25 PM

I remember that show. It was a little before my time, though. It always looked pretty neat.

I wonder if Team America was inspired by Thunderbirds?

Edited by Jaye, 10 July 2014 - 06:27 PM.

#3 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:06 PM

Selamat Pagi Oda, i have a request:

can you make Ragi at eden giving quest range for 131-150 instead of 131-140? it is really hard to level past 141 and i am not a big fan of TI. just broaden the range, the monster list and exp just keep the same (bio2, morocc and scarabs). Thank you

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 10 July 2014 - 09:27 PM

1. Can you guys PLEASE change the quest monsters on Splendide maps to be PASSIVE? It's really annoying to have to kill them with they provide no benefits at all. They're worse than Dead Branches!

2. While we're on the subject of Splendide, how about moving the Splendide Bounty Board next to Splendide's tool shop where it's supposed to be?

3. PLEASE reconsider removing the warp option from the Bounty Boards. It'd be nice for players to be able to get some money from providing warps to the field maps like how it was in the old days. Besides, I thought you guys wanted to get players to travel around on the world maps; how does providing NPC warps supposed to help that? The warp option is a horrible VIP perk because non-VIPs would just get around that with warp characters. Having VIPs earn more EXP (and maybe more money) is enough of a perk for them. Stop trying to turn the Bounty Boards into Gramps with a warp option.

4. Add Wolves to the Payon Bounty Board (town), please?

Edited by ZeroTigress, 14 July 2014 - 11:12 PM.

#5 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:28 AM

Pls no to #3 ^

#6 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:44 AM

So you're against low levels making some money off their warps?

#7 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:54 AM

since RO is f2p and it's not hard to have an account with a priest slave, i don't see how removing this option will result in an increased income for lowbies...imo this is a pretty weak argument for removing the warp option from the boards.

if anything your point about forcing people to explore the world has a stronger case

#8 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 09:59 AM

since RO is f2p and it's not hard to have an account with a priest slave, i don't see how removing this option will result in an increased income for lowbies...imo this is a pretty weak argument for removing the warp option from the boards.

if anything your point about forcing people to explore the world has a stronger case

If people can just warp themselves with alt accounts, then there's seriously no reason to have a warp option at all. No, I don't expect an increase in lowbies asking for money for warps, but at least that option will be viable for them once the warp option is gone.

And yes, I still do want people to travel more and populate the world maps. If people love NPC warps for leveling so much, there's always Gramps TIs.

#9 son12

son12

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 794 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:03 AM

Selamat Pagi Oda, i have a request:

can you make Ragi at eden giving quest range for 131-150 instead of 131-140? it is really hard to level past 141 and i am not a big fan of TI. just broaden the range, the monster list and exp just keep the same (bio2, morocc and scarabs). Thank you

Totally agree, I love doing these tasks repeatedly and daily too, earned quite some good exps from them until I passed 140 xD

Really miss Ragi now =x * gives him a hug *

#10 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:04 AM

If people can just warp themselves with alt accounts, then there's seriously no reason to have a warp option at all. No, I don't expect an increase in lowbies asking for money for warps, but at least that option will be viable for them once the warp option is gone.

And yes, I still do want people to travel more and populate the world maps. If people love NPC warps for leveling so much, there's always Gramps TIs.

it's the convenience factor.  sure one can have a priest on an alt account memo all the warp locations, but if there is an option to use the board instead, why bother?  only if the warp option was removed would they break out their alt warper.  however, in either case, lowbies aren't getting paid for providing warps.

if anything, i expect to see an increase in people begging for warps (as opposed to paying) if this option is removed >>

#11 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:32 AM

it's the convenience factor.  sure one can have a priest on an alt account memo all the warp locations, but if there is an option to use the board instead, why bother?  only if the warp option was removed would they break out their alt warper.  however, in either case, lowbies aren't getting paid for providing warps.

if anything, i expect to see an increase in people begging for warps (as opposed to paying) if this option is removed >>

People are already begging for heals, so why would asking for warps on top of that be any more of a problem? You can't be sure of it at this point since the warp option is still there. This is all speculation until the warp option is actually removed.

In any case, the warp option completely defeats the purpose of making players travel to the world maps. I think Oda and Campitor are just trying to piss me off at this point, because I never asked for a warp option in my proposal. They tell me one thing but do another. I put in a lot of work to make it so the maps needed to travel for each town board IS RIGHT NEXT TO THE BLOODY TOWN! And people STILL want to keep the warp option even though the maps aren't that far!

I'm just so frustrated with the whole thing, I feel like deleting the feedback thread altogether and just forget about the Bounty Board project.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 11 July 2014 - 10:33 AM.

#12 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:46 AM

The bounty boards don't need a warp or a memo to maps really. Its not like its asking you to take a quest in prontera and kill a monster in rachel. Its asking you to kill monsters 1-4 maps away from the NPC you got the quest from. Is that really deserving of a warp that goes against the concept of getting people out of Eden centered RO? One of the biggest things about the boards was bringing players back to the real maps in both Zero's vision and in what the CMs wanted. Warping from a NPC goes against that.

Edited by Toxn, 11 July 2014 - 10:47 AM.

#13 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:47 AM

I have nothing against removing bounty warps or making them vip only, but there are many better ways for new players to make money faster, easier, less boring, and in much higher gains. I'm pretty sure reselling speed pots is much more efficient income wise, along with many other suggestions on the forums for making money. That and everyone should have alt warpers and vendors after the jump event.

Also, the reno quests are already pretty good at getting people to explore the real world. The higher level eden boards are not bad too.

#14 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:08 PM

One of the biggest things about the boards was bringing players back to the real maps in both Zero's vision and in what the CMs wanted.

Oda and Campitor explicitly said they want players back out in the world exploring again like it was pre-Gramps. But THEY are the ones who added the warp option to begin with! This is why I'm getting frustrated with them.

#15 Yggdrasil13

Yggdrasil13

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 08:18 PM

I'll repost what I posted a few days ago about the kvasir rings.

You need 20 Blood of Frost Giants and 20 Core of Golem to exchange one ring.

Each of these consumable costs 300 woe coins, which means you need 12000 WoE coins in total.

Daily guild dungeon quests only gives one coin each time.

Let's say you can obtain 10 coins per day in average by doing all the quests, it's gonna take more than 3 years to get one ring.

The ring cost only 1k woe coins in jRO, even less than the feather beret we have here.

Just wanna know if this number is intended or put by mistake. I think erasing a zero will make lot more sense.Even it was intended, I would like to request a revision on this number coz it's near impossible. 

Also the Castle Treasure Boxes, they produce like 70k only, as I remember jRO gives 1m. Please take a look at this too.

I know jRO's a lot different from us but the numbers just seems unrealistically off that I had to ask this, thanks for reading this long post.

Edited by Yggdrasil13, 11 July 2014 - 08:49 PM.

#16 Bazzz

Bazzz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 737 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 01:46 PM

Can you add an eden npc to the WoE maps, add Prmo D'Buffer to them or have the kafras offer the Primo stat buffs/warp to eden? Thanks!

#17 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:46 AM

when will red beret[1] be tradable/vendable?

#18 Hyperballad

Hyperballad

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:06 AM

Hello! Another "update this" post.

Thank you for your effort in requesting the updates one by one since kRO obviously can't keep track of their own work.

This is a list of things we should have gotten before the WoE: TE, at least some of them - the most prominent.

The year is 2012.

KRO 8 Feb - Added 4 new cart appearances for Genetic/Mechanic's Change Cart skill. - Battleground Tierra and Flavius now only requires 6 on each team (down from 10). -Warlock skill "White Imprison" have been changed to only break on certain Ghost element skills, and Bellum Kaltzberg will no longer affect targets in White Imprison.
Skills that break target out of White Imprison: Soul Strike, Napalm Beat, Napalm Vulcan, Soul Expansion.  

KRO 15 Feb - Fixed a bug where the damage increase option based on the refinement level of "Helm of the Dead" was not working.

KRO 22 Feb - Fallen Angel Wing is now on sale.  

KRO 7 Mar - Added Guild Invitation command.  

KRO 21 Mar - Added Eden Quests for Level 111 ~ 120.  

KRO 28 Mar - Added "Training Dummy" monsters at 5 o'clock area in Prontera. - Aldebaran tool dealer now sells arrows.  

KRO 4 Apr - Added HP bar for monsters that the player(s) are currently attacking.  

KRO 18 Apr - Malangdo enchant NPC has been adjusted.
Malangdo Level 4 weapon enchantment will no longer break the weapon on failure. This means that a Gaedarae Fruit does not need to be used in order to prevent the weapon from breaking.
Adjusted the enchantment options and chances of getting them when using "Grade A coins" or "Aqua Lord's Fury". (Compared to before, both "Grade A coins" and "Aqua Lord's Fury" will provide better enchantment options).
Enchantment will now only work on a weapon that's currently equipped.  

KRO 25 Apr - Applied War of Emperium TE (Training Edition) update. - Added 'Help' function in the Navigation system.
Click on the 'Help' icon under the Navigation window to learn how to use the system
Navigation commands:
/navigation or /navi (ie. /navigation prontera 100/100 shows the route to coordinate 100, 100 within prontera. This command, by default, will show airship and other transportation routes that cost zeny.
/navigation2 or /navi2 (ie. /navi2 prontera 100/90 1/1/1 shows the route to coordinate 100, 90 within prontera. The 1/1/1 represents Scroll, Zeny and Airship respectively where 1 makes the navigation show routes that use these items/currency/service and 0 makes the navigation system to not show these routes.
$$all (shows all entries. Can be categorized by types)
$$lvXY (Searches for monsters at XY level, where XY represents the monster's level)
$$lvXY~MN (Searches for monsters within XY ~ MN level range, where XY and MN represents the monster level range)

We know the builds we get are inconsistent, since Gravity rolls a d20 when deciding what to send you, but could you confirm these are on the waiting list / press for them to be sent soon? Thanks again!

Edited by Hyperballad, 13 July 2014 - 03:08 AM.

#19 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1801 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:19 AM

Why don't Hall of Abyss mvps give an mvp reward? According to divine pride database, they should give one.

Now that monster transformations are working, can we get White Lady Hat in a future lucky box?

White Lady Hat [1]
A hat modeled after the fairy, White Lady.
INT +3, MDEF +9.
Increases Magical damage done to Undead monsters by 10%.
When magically attacking or receiving magical damage, small chance to activate "White Lady's Possession". While under this status, wearer loses 10 SP per second and gain "Psychic Power". Higher refinement on the headgear increases the transformation duration and effectiveness of "Psychic Power".
Class: Headgear
Def: 0
Weight: 0
Required Level: 1
Jobs: All except Novice

[Psychic Power]: Transformation lasts 2 seconds, +1 second for every 3 refinement on the headgear. Increases MATK while in this state by 30 * refinement. Decreases Fixed Cast time of skills depending on the refinement on the headgear.

Edited by Zayaan, 13 July 2014 - 10:12 AM.

#20 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:42 AM

Is it possible that you guys update the content of the taming gift set with all the new taming items and pet armors?

Edit: any news about this hat coming anytime soon? http://www.divine-pr...wing-hairband-1

Edited by meli, 13 July 2014 - 08:27 AM.

#21 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

Why don't Hall of Abyss mvps give an mvp reward? According to divine pride database, they should give one.

Now that monster transformations are working, can we get White Lady Hat in a future lucky box?

White Lady Hat [1]
A hat modeled after the fairy, White Lady.
INT +3, MDEF +9.
Increases Magical damage done to Undead monsters by 10%.
When magically attacking or receiving magical damage, small chance to activate "White Lady's Possession". While under this status, wearer loses 10 SP per second and gain "Psychic Power". Higher refinement on the headgear increases the transformation duration and effectiveness of "Psychic Power".
Class: Headgear
Def: 0
Weight: 0
Required Level: 1
Jobs: All except Novice

[Psychic Power]: Transformation lasts 2 seconds, +1 second for every 3 refinement on the headgear. Increases MATK while in this state by 30 * refinement. Decreases Fixed Cast time of skills depending on the refinement on the headgear.

and this-

18827.png Valkyrie Circlet [1] 18827.png A holy circlet symbolized Valkyrie's apprentice which punish all the evil people.
STR + 1.
Additional physical damage 10% against Darkness, Demon Monsters.
Equipped with Angel Wing, you can transform into Randgris by a certain chance.
Increase Randgris transformation chance per 1 refine grade.
When transforming into Randgris, lose 30 HP per every sec, HIT -10, nomal physical attacks excluding skills can be splashed up to 9 slots.
Class : Headgear Defense : 10
Required LV : 50
jobs : all jobs

and this-

Kitsunemimisuzu ribbon [1] item02.jpg Series Kabuto Equipment position Upper stage Def Four Mdef 0 Refining Yes Slot One Equipment level limit Fifty Damage Make Weight Forty Special effects (1) Agi +2.
+10% (2) attack speed.
(3) physical attack hit at the time, I transform myself into a monster for 5 seconds to "moonlight flower" a chance.
Probability of transformation to monster "moonlight flower" by additional rises every time the refining value (4) of "Kitsunemimisuzu ribbon" goes up 1.
I transform myself at the time (5) monster in "moonlight flower", damage that would give Cri +100, at long range physical attack +5%.
I transform myself at the time (6) monster in "moonlight flower", when six or more, damage from your long distance physical attack added to the time the refining value goes up 1 +1 percent refining value of "Kitsunemimisuzu ribbon". Equipment Occupation of all

#22 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:13 PM

Hello! Another "update this" post.

There are updates from 2011 that we haven't gotten yet. http://forums.warppo...ward-to-thread/

And then there's this card update that kRO only gave us a fraction of. So even when we do get an update, it's not even the whole thing!

#23 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:17 PM

I didn't see many posted answers to last weeks thread so I'm asking mine again.

When do you guys plan on putting Troy & the Malandgo NPC back in? You said "TBD". Are we looking at another month, 3 months, 6 months, etc..?

Have the kRO scripts, to update our gear, to what they have, like the BDM for example, even been requested? if so why is it taking so long to get anything other than the FAW update? I believe I saw you say, that according to the contract, we had to wait 6 months, however it's been much longer than that on a lot of items.

#24 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

I didn't see many posted answers to last weeks thread so I'm asking mine again.

When do you guys plan on putting Troy & the Malandgo NPC back in? You said "TBD". Are we looking at another month, 3 months, 6 months, etc..?

Have the kRO scripts, to update our gear, to what they have, like the BDM for example, even been requested? if so why is it taking so long to get anything other than the FAW update? I believe I saw you say, that according to the contract, we had to wait 6 months, however it's been much longer than that on a lot of items.

the BDM we have is +2 to all stats, the other BDM is +1 to all stats and a slot... its not a update to the gear its a separate gear... they played the Tiki Tuesday livestream TWICE last week... and its archived for you to watch as you please... they dont always have the time to update the whole thread with answers to the questions...

Edited by Facekiller, 13 July 2014 - 03:56 PM.

#25 Yggdrasil13

Yggdrasil13

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 06:21 PM

There are updates from 2011 that we haven't gotten yet. http://forums.warppo...ward-to-thread/

And then there's this card update that kRO only gave us a fraction of. So even when we do get an update, it's not even the whole thing!

speaking of cards, when's the OCAs gonna be updated to produce recently added cards?

I think the new world cards added with the mora patch are still not obtainable via OCA.

Edited by Yggdrasil13, 13 July 2014 - 06:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users