Stage 1 Item Trade Change List! - Server Maintenance at 2:00 PM PST on Thursday! 7/17 - Page 2 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Stage 1 Item Trade Change List! - Server Maintenance at 2:00 PM PST on Thursday! 7/17

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#26 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

Unless something has changed recently, Heburkal's Pet is not a dungeon mount, it is an event reward. You could only get it from Heburkal when he died. And then, he didn't always drop it. The Bone Spider is also not a dungeon mount, but a drop from Kera.

They're treated as the same, as they are monster drops and have the same consideration of rate and rarity to be kept. Though you are correct, labeling them as "dungeon drops" is not accurate, they are still monster drops and intended to be a character locked item once used. So you still have the ability to trade it about upon finding it, for market or gifting reasons, but once used, that item becomes locked and only accessible to that character and can be toted around as a symbol of rarity.

#27 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:41 PM

A Server Restart will be happening on Draconis at 4:30 PM PST!

Thank you for your understanding.

#28 beachbabyc

beachbabyc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia, USA

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

I have been playing Rose going on 10 years now and I cannot tell you how very sick I am of all these changes so fast in a row! I don't like this item char/acct bound idea at all....Rose is getting too much for me now (can't ever seem to get used to one change before we get slammed with another one)...really REALLY upset about equipped weapons becoming character bound...what for?  That means we cant level another char using one of our other characters weapons? Some of us are far from rich in this game and can't afford to buy stuff all the time and rely on 'sharing' between characters   :sob:  Seems like for every few weeks I struggle to adapt and move forward I get pushed back twice as far... :p_sleep:

Edited by beachbabyc, 16 July 2014 - 02:34 PM.

#29 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:48 PM

I have been playing Rose going on 10 years now and I cannot tell you how very sick I am of all these changes so fast in a row! I don't like this item char/acct bound idea at all....Rose is getting too much for me now (can't ever seem to get used to one change before we get slammed with another one)...really REALLY upset about equipped weapons becoming character bound...what for?  That means we cant level another char using one of our other characters weapons? Some of us are far from rich in this game and can't afford to buy stuff all the time and rely on 'sharing' between characters   :sob:  Seems like for every few weeks I struggle to adapt and move forward I get pushed back twice as far... :p_sleep:

This has been something long in the works and given notice to the community about. We've explained why, given as much time as we could regarding implementing it and even then, we're rolling out with the changes slowly, week by week.

Please read carefully through the contents of the announcement, because not everything is becoming Character bound. Only the higher level tier equipment. Anything under level 100, with few exceptions is going to be account bound, so you will be able to share some items with alternate characters to help them level quicker.

Not only that, but majority of equipment is based on the condition that you equip it first, in order for it to become bound or locked.

Changes to Trade Mechanics & Policies

#30 beachbabyc

beachbabyc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:12 PM

Well of course we are going to equip it Leo.... we have to to use it.  But once we do poof, only that character can use it  :puppyeye:  Do not understand WHY u have to make it this way though....

#31 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:10 PM

Well of course we are going to equip it Leo.... we have to to use it.  But once we do poof, only that character can use it  :puppyeye:  Do not understand WHY u have to make it this way though....

I understand your frustration. For players who rely on sharing gear, they will have to use an Unbind Coupon (100 valor) to Unbind account/character bounded items in order to trade them amongst their characters.

Edited by Leeny, 16 July 2014 - 06:11 PM.

#32 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:12 PM

everyone needs to stop calling uniques epics. they're designated uniques, be it low level or lvl 200, they're all a unique grade. I get that the 200 are very strong, and give you a sense of being ..."epic", but don't start calling the low level ones epics, that's just rubbish. 

#33 beachbabyc

beachbabyc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:36 AM

everyone needs to stop calling uniques epics. they're designated uniques, be it low level or lvl 200, they're all a unique grade. I get that the 200 are very strong, and give you a sense of being ..."epic", but don't start calling the low level ones epics, that's just rubbish. 

Totally agree Feuer, my hubby started playing again (he hasn't played since 2009) when there wasn't yet ''epics'' and he is driving me crazy calling ''uniques'' ''epics''  :p_omg:

#34 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Slothnessmonst1
  • LocationBrisbane / QLD / Australia (GMT+10)
  • Server:There can be only one :D

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:41 AM

am I correct that 6th anniversary accessories will remain account bound and not become character bound?

#35 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 July 2014 - 06:57 AM

Remember! We have a Server Maintenance today at 2:00 PM PST. Be sure to log off beforehand~

#36 beachbabyc

beachbabyc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:23 AM

Server Maintenance...its the ONLY time I'm logged out...LOL   :kis:

#37 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:55 AM

"Uniques" and "Epics" got associated to one another, because the unique weapons fall within the "epic drop tier". I see nothing necessarily wrong with the association, as they are treated very similar. But that would be why the unique weapons, for us veterans to ROSE, would see newer players refer to them as Epics, because they are by drop standards and do have a stronger stat setup to them than normal weapons.

am I correct that 6th anniversary accessories will remain account bound and not become character bound?

Pretty sure those won't be changed in that way.

#38 poso

poso

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 08:55 AM

well my asnwer still NO , NO , NO and NO . but what can I do :( ( so sad so sad ... dont ever put those unbinding coupons on IM just please put some cool costumes.... thank you 

#39 Draquora

Draquora

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:12 AM

Everything is green but after I select server (Leonis) and click connect I get this Server maintenence in progress message. Anyone else has this?

#40 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:40 AM

Leonis has been taken down due to an issue but will remain to stay offline since the Server Maintenance is 20 minutes away.

Sorry for the inconvenience guys and thanks for your understanding.

#41 Nelko

Nelko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPhilippines, Earth
  • Server:Arua

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

"Uniques" and "Epics" got associated to one another, because the unique weapons fall within the "epic drop tier". I see nothing necessarily wrong with the association, as they are treated very similar. But that would be why the unique weapons, for us veterans to ROSE, would see newer players refer to them as Epics, because they are by drop standards and do have a stronger stat setup to them than normal weapons.

Pretty sure those won't be changed in that way.

I'm a technical person through and through and I see many flaws in assuming such an association. Epics provide bonuses that Uniques never do. And unless they are equal in all aspects, a Unique isn't an Epic and vice versa.

I won't fault players for calling these items out for the class of another, but I will fault authority if they encourage such behavior when they know full well such items are not.

Two cents and a quarter.

#42 GeeBeAr

GeeBeAr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

how long does Maintenance take?

#43 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:11 PM

how long does Maintenance take?

The average Maintenance time is 2-3 hours. We will let you know if it needs to be extended or shortened. 

#44 beachbabyc

beachbabyc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

well my asnwer still NO , NO , NO and NO . but what can I do :( ( so sad so sad ... dont ever put those unbinding coupons on IM just please put some cool costumes.... thank you 

Ditto!!  

#45 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

The average Maintenance time is 2-3 hours. We will let you know if it needs to be extended or shortened. 

Uhum....

Crap the shortened part. 

Haha

#46 ReinaB

ReinaB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Server:Draconis & Leonis

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:43 PM

everyone enjoy my fat cat :3

Spoiler

#47 Cortiz

Cortiz

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationJunon
  • Server:Aura

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

I think he has seen ShazamO!

#48 ReinaB

ReinaB

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Server:Draconis & Leonis

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:53 PM

I think he has seen ShazamO!

ShazamO was wanting to see a better picture of her.

Her name is Lucy, her eyes are closed but shes got eyes like puss in boots

#49 maischoyuchen

maischoyuchen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:56 PM

Why crafted items are not in the list of character/account bound? i already seldom login my sen artisan... i guess after this update nothing changes.

#50 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 17 July 2014 - 01:30 PM

everyone enjoy my fat cat :3

Spoiler

What a cutie~  :p_smile:

0 user(s) are reading this topic