I'll be posting Monk VCR Reports down below in spoiler tags along with their dates, for view and feedback.
07/14/14 Report - Yllavyre
As this is my first report, I chose suggestions that the community unanimously agreed upon. I'll be continuing to listen to community feedback for suggestions the majority of players like, and will incorporate those into future reports. I also included and researched some known bugs to continue Term 1's Monk VCR's work.
Class Issue Summary:
The majority of the community has expressed the need for bug fixes and desire for alterations with specific skills.
Popular suggestions I have compiled are listed below:
- Lightning Crush Alteration - Reduce Cool Down and change to hit 10-targets at any skill level.
- Crushing Blow Alternation - Remove Crushing Blow's DoT Effect and replace it with Debuff that stacks up to 5 times, lowering enemy's defenses. Or, fix the DoT damage formula and increase the DoT damage.
- Increase Threat Gain - Monks gain considerable threat against almost every class, except swordsman classes. Battle tactics makes it impossible to out-threat Warriors or Knights who have gotten Aura Armor but do not intend to Tank. Currently, a monks only focus is the tank role and should never have to suffer threat problems versus any other class. A 50% to 100% increase to threat gain while in Steel Body is favorable, and/or increased threat on specific skills.
- Flee - Change this to anything more useful. Favorable suggestions include; increase the dodge rate bonus with an included high chance to reflect damage back to the enemy. Another suggestion is to change the name and make it a Party Buff that decreases damage from enemies, increases defense, or increases regeneration speed for health and mana (similar but smaller to a Sorcerer's Water Emblem skill).
- Display Inner Energy - Display each point of Inner Energy as a floating sphere around the character.
- Lightning Walk
Lightning walk is warping the character to random places on the map and killing them when they fall from a high place. This happens pretty frequently in the War of Emperium map and Prontera.
- Monk's Damage in DWF
Monk Damage seems to be significantly low compared to other classes in DWF. Examples include Max Skilled Guillotine Fist only dealing between 10k to 25k damage, Max Skilled Lightning Crush doing 3k-4k in critical damage, 1k-2k in non-critical damage.
- Guillotine Fist Damage
Guillotine Fist damage is not increasing with increased or added attack power.
- Fix Taunts
When using a taunt skill, there is about a 95% chance the taunt will not work if the target it is attacking is standing completely still. The only way around a taunt working on a mob that is already attacking a person, is to taunt when the person moves and while the mob chases after that person.
- Fix DoT Damage Formulas
Ever since the Damage over Time (DoT) skill nerf due to Ranger's Multishot, we have not seen a fix. Every class was effected and all class DoTs, minus Crescentia's skills and Priest's skills, are greatly underpowered and nearly useless. It's a waste of skill points for certain classes to distribute points into any attacks with DoT damage. For our Monk class, Crushing Blow's DoT damage (skill lvl 1) does 30 damage on the lowest side, to 80 damage on the absolute highest side.
In absolute honesty, the community welcomes and would be elated to receive bug fixes before new content.
Intimidation (monk taunt skill) bug not working with Summon Spirit Sphere (monk CD reset skill) appears to have been resolved, will further investigate this.
07/14/14 Report - Niiu
Class Issue Summary:
Since the last updates have had some problems that remain in the monk, which vary from its time characterized until the skill.
In this statistics would focus on a 50-50 on the part of the players that dealing with this class, with this it should be borne in mind that the monk as one of the class Tank (or Off Tank) should not occur in the following areas:
Party, Raids, Duel, 5vs5, Colo, WoE.
Said another way, few players focus in this class (a group by the defense, G-First / Heavy Tackle, and another by fact that he likes the class as it is).
This being equal to accounts that have been consulted as far as posible to the players on the suggestions and criticism of the monk and is given to common points that we have several.
There have been a few popular suggestions given the amount of players still playing this class. From my case and a few others, Monk.
1. Lightining Walk (Level 5/5); Regarding your fingertips against the enemy, there are still situations in which the skill is bug (teleports to another location within the map).
2. Lightining Crush (Level 6/6); Regarding your CD, damage, scope (in terms of number of enemies), Balance of Threat.
3. Evasion/Flee; Send Buff to use Party / Raids (for –dmg% from enemies).
4. Heavy Tackle (Level 5/5); Regarding the scope of enemies.
5. Intimidation (Level 5/5); Regarding the scope of enemies.
6. Summon Spirit Sphere (SSS) (Level 5/5) Bug of Cast Speed in Skills, Regarding your CD.
1.As mentioned in the suggestions.
2.Gear having Cast Speed – This stat is most likely confused with another class that uses a similar stat system with INT and STR being.
Please work on our skill bugs for the players that use the class do not have problems in the various areas of RO2.
Edited by Harkoa, 15 July 2014 - 04:50 PM.