Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:17 PM

VCR Name(s)

SageLeaf

Date

July 14, 2014

Class

Soul Maker

Class Issue Summary:

Soul Makers have few major issues as they are one of the more balanced classes. Cure has a High HoT but it is needed for the low HP and very low defense soul makers have from gear. They have very little VIT and unless they use stats, refines, or hones to make up for the lack of VIT. They have decent DPS in parties while out healing priests with a HoT to be envious of.

Popular Suggestions:
  • Sacrifice has a low hit rate, for a skill that is supposed to be a finisher the hit rate is very poor and the damage is inconsistent. Hitate and HP damage should be increased, perhaps extending this skill to 10? Sacrifice damage is very poor for max level unless it lands as a crit.

• SP consumption for skill should be adjusted. While there was an adjustment for skills that go to level 10 the skills that max out at level 5 have a high mana cost. The skills included in the high MP cost are Sacrifice, Cure Peal, and Immunity. Soul Makers can easily run out of SP while using these skills because of the spammability of them.

• Soul Extinction DoT has too low damage for any investment of skill points beyond level 1. Increasing the damage on this skill is highly suggested.

• Dispell skill has too low of a % for recovery the skill level. Increase chance by 5% per skill level.

• level 1= 15% lvl 2=25% lvl 3=35%

• Cure Pearl should have an SP recovery effect.

Priority Fixes:
  • The Hit rate of finisher skills: Sacrifice and Immunity is very low and has inconsistent damage.

• Soul Link Devotion can be applied to multiple people, the skill states it should be linking ONE person.

• Soul Extortion bugs and stays attached to players after the skill is used.

General Feedback:

Soul Makers face few major issues that are game breaking and hinder the play experience. There is little variability in build they are mainly support/healing. For PvP soul makers just out-heal all damage until one of the parties lands a crit. Much like all other class PvP the first player usually wins. The best way to increase survivability in PVP is to refine gears and to hone for HP so the crit attacks will not one shot.

Change Feedback:

Nothing to report

#2 Glukos

Glukos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:odin

Posted 18 July 2014 - 10:11 AM

• Sacrifice has a low hit rate, for a skill that is supposed to be a finisher the hit rate is very poor and the damage is inconsistent. Hitate and HP damage should be increased, perhaps extending this skill to 10? Sacrifice damage is very poor for max level unless it lands as a crit.

• SP consumption for skill should be adjusted. While there was an adjustment for skills that go to level 10 the skills that max out at level 5 have a high mana cost. The skills included in the high MP cost are Sacrifice, Cure Peal, and Immunity. Soul Makers can easily run out of SP while using these skills because of the spammability of them.

• Soul Extinction DoT has too low damage for any investment of skill points beyond level 1. Increasing the damage on this skill is highly suggested.

• Dispell skill has too low of a % for recovery the skill level. Increase chance by 5% per skill level.

• level 1= 15% lvl 2=25% lvl 3=35%

• Cure Pearl should have an SP recovery effect.

1- i agree with u sacrifice hit rate and damage should be increase. i am too much missing and damage is lower than other class finishers.

2-well, since mp requirement not increase after lvl5 for skills, i am not sp problem anymore. but dont know about another soulmakers.

3-soul extinction dot is literally joke but this is general problem what every class have now. Only usable dots are priest's dots and furnuculus now.  in other hand damage output also low since this skill has cast time. But priority should be dot first.

4-%5 doesnt gonna change anything. my suggestion is

level 1: %15  lvl2:%30  lvl3:%45

5-cure pearl is uselees now. i didnt put any skill point on this skill. sp recovery is good idea i think

#3 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 July 2014 - 04:09 AM

Hit Rate isn't defined per skill base, so your finisher can't have a low hit chance.

Sacrifice has a 1265% damage multiplier, which is also not that bad at all:

Varetyr Spear: 800~1600%; Shadow Explosion: 1070%, Rage Strike: 1140%; Shield Cannon: 1160%; Brutal Strike: 1300%; Vulcan Arrow: 1306%; Tempest: 1400%; Moonlight Dance: 1420%; Flame Explosion: 1540%; Guillotine Fist: 1680%; Ray of Genesis: 1949%

Therefore, the damage multiplier of the Soulmaker isn't the worst of all. However, the additional damage due to sacrified HPs ought to push it to the top, but the additional 3~4k damage isn't worth anything at all right now. So you're right to say that the damage multiplier should be adjusted, but I would either prefer to grade the damage down in general OR add a situational boost to Sacrifice instead. (F.e. more damage against stunned targets or targets with a Soul Injection, etc.)

In my opinion, Soul Extinction shouldn't have a DoT at all, but should rather decrease the defense rate of the target. But IF the DoT ought to stay, it should be about 20~25% of the original DPS => 110% (instead of 33%). I would also like to see the skill with a cooldown of 1sec on every skill level to keep the damage increase 'linear'.

About Dispel: This skill could have a 100% success chance and wouldn't be overpowered. So I would suggest to either put the chances up to 25% / 50% / 75% (or 33% / 67% / 100%) and rather increase the cooldown to keep the skill 'balanced' (40~60sec). It should rarely be used, but it should be likely that the skill use wasn't wasted.

Finally, Cure Pearls are pure crap. They need to be boosted BY MILES, not just adding a SP recovery,

But that's not everything that I would change about the Soulmaker. It's the class that requires the biggest changes.

The soulmaker should be defined by their soul-links, so they need to be pushed significantly. They shouldn't be just another passive bonus, but create active effects. F.e. IMO it would make more sense, if the Soullink - Revive would generate a decent heal-over-time to all linked members (similar to a Land of Recovery) or spread healing effects among all linked characters (similar to the Crecentia's Soul Injection rules).

The Soulmaker has to become a fully qualified support character - and not just because of a ridiculous Cure. I'd like to see this class next to a Priest or Sorcerer in a 10-man raid.

Edited by Greven79, 21 July 2014 - 04:11 AM.

#4 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:41 AM

Actually Greven you're wrong individual skills do have an effect on the Hit Rate,(Some skills have a lower chance of hitting even while having higher Hit vs opponents dodge, some skills can never miss even if you or your opponents have 0 hit rate). Though this is the first time I've ever seen SMs complain about Sacrifice being low hit/low damage considering at ML20 I've been hit for 15k non crit damage consistently from sacrifice and 26k+ on crits.

#5 Glukos

Glukos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:odin

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:06 PM

Varetyr Spear: 800~1600%; Shadow Explosion: 1070%, Rage Strike: 1140%; Shield Cannon: 1160%; Brutal Strike: 1300%; Vulcan Arrow: 1306%; Tempest: 1400%; Moonlight Dance: 1420%; Flame Explosion: 1540%; Guillotine Fist: 1680%; Ray of Genesis: 1949%

didnt play as sorc before,and dont know about them. so dont say anything about them.

shadow explosion:2x damage with mark of shadow,

knights are warriors are  tanks class not monster with too high crit damage

rogue moonlight dance:%30 more damage with detect weakness debuff(+%40 damage from mark of death if they are using)

crescentia tempest:%10 damage per stigma buff. if oppenent have 5 stigma buff then %+50 damage

about vulcan arrow and flame explosion; rangers and wizards even not using these skills. they are already have good attack skills like double strafing or fireball/firebolt( i agree its hard to obtain 100 points for these class. but other skills hit hard i think.)

guillotine fist and ray of genesis: no need talking about them i think. they are hitting like hell.(wtf 10 sec cd ray of genesis)

i m not saying this skill should be %2000 or something. my suggestion is  +-%1400

Therefore, the damage multiplier of the Soulmaker isn't the worst of all. However, the additional damage due to sacrified HPs ought to push it to the top, but the additional 3~4k damage isn't worth anything at all right now. So you're right to say that the damage multiplier should be adjusted, but I would either prefer to grade the damage down in general OR add a situational boost to Sacrifice instead. (F.e. more damage against stunned targets or targets with a Soul Injection, etc.)

sorry but we dont have any stun skill .  on the other hand soul injection idea is not seem good. soul injection only for aoe damage.

In my opinion, Soul Extinction shouldn't have a DoT at all, but should rather decrease the defense rate of the target. But IF the DoT ought to stay, it should be about 20~25% of the original DPS => 110% (instead of 33%). I would also like to see the skill with a cooldown of 1sec on every skill level to keep the damage increase 'linear'.

%110 dot good idea i think. %110 seems fair. more than %120 gonna be unfair i think.

About Dispel: This skill could have a 100% success chance and wouldn't be overpowered. So I would suggest to either put the chances up to 25% / 50% / 75% (or 33% / 67% / 100%) and rather increase the cooldown to keep the skill 'balanced' (40~60sec). It should rarely be used, but it should be likely that the skill use wasn't wasted.

actually my suggest also %100 at lvl3 but i dont think so dev gonna be do. so thats why i said before %15-%30-45 since this is more acceptable.

Finally, Cure Pearls are pure crap. They need to be boosted BY MILES, not just adding a SP recovery,

But that's not everything that I would change about the Soulmaker. It's the class that requires the biggest changes.

The soulmaker should be defined by their soul-links, so they need to be pushed significantly. They shouldn't be just another passive bonus, but create active effects. F.e. IMO it would make more sense, if the Soullink - Revive would generate a decent heal-over-time to all linked members (similar to a Land of Recovery) or spread healing effects among all linked characters (similar to the Crecentia's Soul Injection rules).

about links, too many suggestions floating around. if we talk about link, this gonna be too long

The Soulmaker has to become a fully qualified support character - and not just because of a ridiculous Cure. I'd like to see this class next to a Priest or Sorcerer in a 10-man raid.

lasty thank you

Edited by Glukos, 22 July 2014 - 07:51 AM.

#6 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:24 AM

No direct quotes, so I do comment it with a thrid color. :heh:

didnt play as sorc before,and dont know about them. so dont say anything about them.

shadow explosion:2x damage with mark of shadow,

knights are warriors are  tanks class not monster with too high crit damage

rogue moonlight dance:%30 more damage with detect weakness debuff(+%40 damage from mark of death if they are using)

crescentia tempest:%10 damage per stigma buff. if oppenent have 5 stigma buff then %+50 damage

about vulcan arrow and flame explosion; rangers and wizards even not using these skills. they are already have good attack skills like double strafing or fireball/firebolt( i agree its hard to obtain 100 points for these class. but other skills hit hard i think.)

guillotine fist and ray of genesis: no need talking about them i think. they are hitting like hell.(wtf 10 sec cd ray of genesis)

i m not saying this skill should be %2000 or something. my suggestion is  +-%1400

I guess, you really should have read the whole part about Sacrifice, not just picking out a single sentence.

My statement WAS  - and it hasn't changed - that the starting damage multiplier isn't that bad at all. Your reply doesn't even try to prove me wrong. Instead you point out the optional bonuses for certain skills. But I seperated the non-optional damage amplifier and the optional bonuses into two sections in my last reply already and compared both of them.. well... seperately.

Whereas other classes get quite a powerful bonus on a certain condition of the target (stunned, knocked-down, frozen or marked), the Soulmaker transforms health into damage instead.

To repeat my analysis: The obligatory (don't know the right word in english) damage... a.k.a. the damage multiplier of the skill isn't that bad. Sure, it could be about 1400% like you suggested, but IMO that wouldn't be enough. (It's just a mere 10% improvement) and still not competetive with other skills.

So what should I suggested was to boost the optional bonus <see highlighted text>:

The point is that the higher the damage gets in comparison to character's hitpoints, the lower the additional benefit for Sacrifice gets. And this is what happened in the past: The weapon damage was increased significantly to compensate for the high defense rates. So the sacrifice bonus is useless right now. The additional damage bonus from sacrifying HPs ought to boost the skill by at least 30~50% boost, not just adding 3~4k more damage.

You could inprove Sacrifice without even touching the skill by decreasing the overall damage and the defense rates of all classes significantly.

sorry but we dont have any stun skill .  on the other hand soul injection idea is not seem good. soul injection only for aoe damage.

That's partly true. I only made an example of how I would fix the skill to make it more comparable to those of other classes.

True, the Soulmaker doesn't have a stun ability like other classes do, it's rather called 'immobilized'. Likewise, although the Soul Injection is currently used to allow a 'hop over' or chaining of skill effects, that doesn't prevent it from being used for other bonuses as well. Of course, if you prefer to go the same route as other classes, simply INVENT an additional bonus called Detect <whatever> (similar to Detect Weakness) and then apply the usual boost if the target is affected by <whatever>.

%110 dot good idea i think. %110 seems fair. more than %120 gonna be unfair i think.

Keep in mind that I implied a general concept of DoTs being dealing no more than 25% of the usual DPS of the 'bread-&-butter' skill. Because this would then apply to HoTs as well, you can guess my comment about Cure.

actually my suggest also %100 at lvl3 but i dont think so dev gonna be do. so thats why i said before %15-%30-45 since this is more acceptable.

It still makes no sense to change your bid just because you think that the devs won't agree. I would still write down 100%. You can use me a reference and write that this is the will of the players and use the cooldown as an argumentation as I did.

about links, too many suggestions floating around. if we talk about link, this gonna be too long

Well, I made no overall suggestions here either. However, I tried to state the idea that "soul-links" don't have to be passive. They could add trigger effects or be seen-&-used as zone effects, with the inherited bonus of still being mobile (unlike LoR f.e.).

lasty thank you

You're welcome.

Edited by Greven79, 23 July 2014 - 04:44 AM.

#7 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:30 AM

Actually Greven you're wrong individual skills do have an effect on the Hit Rate,(Some skills have a lower chance of hitting even while having higher Hit vs opponents dodge, some skills can never miss even if you or your opponents have 0 hit rate). Though this is the first time I've ever seen SMs complain about Sacrifice being low hit/low damage considering at ML20 I've been hit for 15k non crit damage consistently from sacrifice and 26k+ on crits.

I honestly doubt that - except for 'always hit' skills (DoTs, heals, non-damaging skills/buffs) and pet-like / zone skills (Falcon Assault, Aqua or LoR).

Edited by Greven79, 23 July 2014 - 04:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users