Inception 4th anniversary maintenance 7/16/14 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Inception 4th anniversary maintenance 7/16/14

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:57 PM

Released on this day in 2010, the film is still a lot of fun to watch. It's not the perfect action film (that title still belongs to Big Trouble in Little China) but it is built around an interesting core (the protagonist's relationships) and has some fantastic set pieces. Maybe a little bit TOO restrained and realistic for a film taking place within dreams it is still a great example of video games subtly influencing film. It also created perhaps the most perfect movie trailer, with the editing and sound design (the brown note horns) inspiring knockoffs that persist today. 

Tournament this Friday! 

Much of this week's maint is dedicated to setting up the maps and NPCs to make this happen. 

Spoiler

We will be doing a maintenance on Thursday to add the new staging areas for the tournament.

King Poring Event Returns! 

Anniversary quest extended one week!

#2 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:06 PM

+1 extend it a week.

But just one week.

#3 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:21 PM

Tournament this Friday! 

Much of this week's maint is dedicated to setting up the maps and NPCs to make this happen. 

Vote in this thread if you wish for the anniversary quest to be extended another week. 

The big question is that will the beret become tradeable? After what was said today on tiki  tuesday, I know I'm not the only person that was under the impression that they would be unbound in the end... And I kinda kept that in mind when question.

#4 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:28 PM

In previous threads we've been asking for you guys to do something about BGs. Flavius farming is boring and incredibly easy for people to -_- with. Can you consider buffing the rewards of Tierra a little to make it more appealing to the people who just want to afk their way to badges?

#5 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:31 PM

Extend please :)

Do we get King Poring too?

Edited by Ambur, 15 July 2014 - 05:31 PM.

#6 iROLee

iROLee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Location...

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:40 PM

Maybe it's time to remove Dragons turn-ins ? Or is it really going to be make-a-99-trans-in-3-days-RO forever ?  :mellow: 

At the very least nerf it to make it some kind of normal turn-in.

#7 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

Hmmm, I don't see the issue of Dragon's. You have to have a competent party to "99 in 3 days" and there are quite a few parties that do not succeed in lasting a few minutes down there.

I personally enjoy partying people, so having the incentive that "hey you sit down and PLAY for a few hours, you get the reward". I wouldn't mind a different partying event though! Sorry, as much as I enjoyed 99ing my first trans back in the day and it took a long time, I don't want to go back to taking an entire month playing 24/7 to 99 a trans >_<. Ain't nobody got time for that anymoar.

+1 to unbinding the Red Beret. I would not like to make +'d berets on each of my accounts just to use it... :(

Edited by Jenna, 15 July 2014 - 05:50 PM.

#8 iROLee

iROLee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Location...

Posted 15 July 2014 - 05:57 PM

There's a difference between grinding 24/7 like back in 2005 and making 2-3 lv99 trans characters a week without spending any resource. I mean all the loyal players who were there for the event benefited from it, now it's time to take it out for some time before putting it in back for another occasion.

#9 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:53 PM

Take it out and then what? I think it's better to take it out and implement something else ... I don't want to log on and not be able to party, and inb4 soloing because I've done that for years and I"m done with that :P.

Also, they still have to use resources (pumpkins, blue gems, arrows, cursed water). ;)

#10 Dokey

Dokey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 331 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA
  • Server:ReStart

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:39 PM

If the reason for making the hats account bound was because people were botting the quest, I don't understand why the hats won't be unbound after the quest is gone.

#11 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 15 July 2014 - 07:47 PM

fix the gvg rooms plz

#12 monica12314

monica12314

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 373 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:06 AM

Take it out and then what? I think it's better to take it out and implement something else ... I don't want to log on and not be able to party, and inb4 soloing because I've done that for years and I"m done with that :P.

Also, they still have to use resources (pumpkins, blue gems, arrows, cursed water). ;)

Don't forget the tele scrolls. *those who are lazy to walk*

#13 AllyBB

AllyBB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:10 AM

Frankly, i think the Anniversary event has been in way too long BUT since it has been really messed up on classic SO MANY TIMES and you keep changing it i'm ok with it staying in. It has been stupidly confusing during this whole time to even decide if i wanted to farm it until the refine without breaking option was put in. 

#14 Jajajamofos

Jajajamofos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:53 AM

So you can benefit the dragon event, but My friend and I can't, cause we just joined the serv? Isn't that unfair? Building a Good party in AL3 isn't that easy. And it can bring some new challengers. That might maybe, bring some dynamics in this serv already poor in pvm.

#15 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:57 AM

Titans would be nice poor wizards haven't had much to do since dragons are op holy =(

#16 EtNox

EtNox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 291 posts
  • Server:euRo -> fRo -> Classic

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:00 AM

So you can benefit the dragon event, but My friend and I can't, cause we just joined the serv? Isn't that unfair? Building a Good party in AL3 isn't that easy. And it can bring some new challengers. That might maybe, bring some dynamics in this serv already poor in pvm.

"Dynamic in pvm" when it takes you 3 days to 99?

Dragon Turnins are basically free 99 for nothing. The "supplies" required are close to  nothing and equip is only needed on a fistful chars.

Coupled with the already crazy-high experience rate this server "features" it should have never been implemented in the first place.

#17 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:11 AM

Dragon Turnins are basically free 99 for nothing. The "supplies" required are close to  nothing and equip is only needed on a fistful chars.

Coupled with the already crazy-high experience rate this server "features" it should have never been implemented in the first place.

Are you kidding? Dragons is the only thing that's pulled parties together since it was chucked in and prior to that, non-guild PvM parties were unheard of. The only thing people did was farm for WoE and log out till WoE, then farm more for WoE and log out again till the next WoE.

I also know of quite a few people not taking advantage of Dragons because they perceive their characters as inadequate for it. Talk on the forums of "-_- AL3 parties with barely any gear" didn't make it any easier on them. The fact that many parties will only take VERY select classes and the rest have to be leeched also isn't helping.

And this server is base rates notwithstanding EXP events. Where are the 'crazy-high' rates you're on about?

#18 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:11 AM

The Dragon Turnin should have been Anniversary Quest. Can you Pls put something different in maybe Ice Titan or Anubis.

#19 Jajajamofos

Jajajamofos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:16 AM

So for you pvm is only level up? Come on you can't be serious. How do you get your stuff to compete in WoE? You still have to drop your stuff, your card, and chainkill high end mvp over upgrade. The finality in this game is to be able to siege correctly. And it takes long.

But still, if they remove it, this would be so unfair that you, old player, that have already all your high end stuff, all your char level 99/70 could have benefit this event. Since the 8/10 players that came here with me, have nothing. But well, i'm not going to ask to a "pvm-addict" to understand that what we focus, is to be as fast as possible competitive in WoE.

Edited by Jajajamofos, 16 July 2014 - 03:19 AM.

#20 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:26 AM

Takes me 14 hours from scratch. Your point? My point is that the speed of dragons depends on the player's establishedness.

what is actually required are alternatives that promote party play. Playing in dragons with a party is slower for me than soloing it, however, ITS SO NICE TO HAVE PEOPLE WANTING TO PARTY.

It's kind of the point of RO. Until they come up with an alternative it should stay.

oh and the hat TI is a matter of principle thing. We should have quests in a reasonable for from the get go, not keep having to adjust them until they are reasonable then leave them in for 1 week. I'm not sure why anyone would be against it, the hat is a pvm hat and the quest has had people playing/partying. 1 week for a quest like that is sort of silly. (especially given that it was crazilly botted by certain individuals). It doesn't harm anyone to allow other players to play it with the refine changes. (special consideration toward those who farmed it hard and broke them all before that change and maybe couldn't play this one week). So I don't really understand the whole mindset of "it needs to go away". It's just there, let other people have their chances.

Edited by Xellie, 16 July 2014 - 03:31 AM.

#21 Bucetation

Bucetation

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationTeresina - Piauí - Brazil

Posted 16 July 2014 - 03:30 AM

I think dragons are okay...

I just Know a lot of ppl now, ppl that i've never played before, i realy dont care about how many 99's we will have, it doesn't changes anything, think about it, you can go to a store and buy all kind of new professional tools, but it doesn't matter if you dont know how to use them, and for those who know about how to use them, i just don't care about competition.

lets keep calm... we have not much time to play RO anymore, now i need to work and study... we dont have 14 years anymore.

Takes me 14 hours from scratch. Your point? My point is that the speed of dragons depends on the player's establishedness.

what is actually required are alternatives that promote party play. Playing in dragons with a party is slower for me than soloing it, however, ITS SO NICE TO HAVE PEOPLE WANTING TO PARTY.

It's kind of the point of RO. Until they come up with an alternative it should stay.

Yep, this is the THING about dragons, i think.

Also, i'm not using the hat =X normaly i just borrow it for someone.

Edited by Bucetation, 16 July 2014 - 03:39 AM.

#22 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:45 AM

Put in a battleground staff for super novices that enables StormGust, level depending on upgrade. I'm not sure why anyone would be against it, super novice is a pvm class. It doesn't harm anyone, let other people have their chances.

@Xellie

I just copied a few parts from your post, thx.

PS: Don't forget to add Moon Rabbit Hat[1] to a quest or KP Shop! and finally change the pvp NPC in Prontera. Thank you

#23 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:53 AM

Put in a battleground staff for super novices that enables StormGust, level depending on upgrade. I'm not sure why anyone would be against it, super novice is a pvm class. It doesn't harm anyone, let other people have their chances.

@Xellie

PS: Don't forget to add Moon Rabbit Hat[1] to a quest or KP Shop! and finally change the pvp NPC in Prontera. Thank you

That's not very Classic :v

Also, Super Novice is a for-fun class. If you don't like the skill limitations imposed upon SNs, don't play a SN.

On that train of thought, I could request a ranged axe skill for Mastersmiths since they suck at WoE and can be kited for days.

Btw I know Mastersmiths can use Tomahawk Throw, but that's a cruddy skill and we all know it.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 16 July 2014 - 04:57 AM.

#24 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:57 AM

@Xellie

bg is pvp gear, your sig indicates that you play a supernovice in pvp

your argument is invalid.

Rather than SG on a extra-damage-to-demi pvp item, maybe you should ask for a quest, (a pvm quest ) that gives you a pvm item to use sg on and is disabled in pvp maps..... Since all you care about is pvm, right?

And stop asking for OP items to be cash shop. Please.

(I'm going to laugh my ass off at anyone using the red beret in pvp / WoE for anything other than trashtalking)

Edited by Xellie, 16 July 2014 - 05:01 AM.

#25 Sushiboy7

Sushiboy7

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:13 AM

bring back the jump event pls

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users