Inception 4th anniversary maintenance 7/16/14 - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Inception 4th anniversary maintenance 7/16/14

• Please log in to reply
97 replies to this topic

#26 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:13 AM

I would loveeeeee storm gust for my super novice. I did a few woes spamming meteor storms with my sn!

I agree dragons should stay until there is a replacement. Party play is sooooooo rare on this game, it's nice to see people play together. I also know a handful of people who returned to RO because of dragons. It gave them party fun and a way to "catch up".

#27 Bucetation

Bucetation

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • LocationTeresina - Piauí - Brazil

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:25 AM

ODA!

Amistir Hat To The Boxter Please!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave them party fun and a way to "catch up".

/gg /gg /gg /gg /gg

Just Kidding bra.

Edited by Bucetation, 16 July 2014 - 05:27 AM.

#28 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:31 AM

I didnt expect that my post will pull Xellie and Xellie's groupie in at the same time. Nice!

bg is pvp gear, your sig indicates that you play a supernovice in pvp

your argument is invalid.

Rather than SG on a extra-damage-to-demi pvp item, maybe you should ask for a quest, (a pvm quest ) that gives you a pvm item to use sg on and is disabled in pvp maps..... Since all you care about is pvm, right?

And stop asking for OP items to be cash shop. Please.

(I'm going to laugh my ass off at anyone using the red beret in pvp / WoE for anything other than trashtalking)

1. Where does my signature indicates that I play sn in pvp? Don't try yourself as detective.

2. It was your argument, so it's your argument that is invalid. Beside that, would a SN with storm gust harm anyone in WoE? I doubt. Who plays SN in WoE?

3. I wouldn't care about pvm only but it shows how people are afraid of super novices in pvp. 

4. Moon Rabbit Hat was already in KPShop and you want it to become questable where bots can easily farm it. Hmm what is more harmful? There are enough high lvl bots as you know. In KP Shop it would at least support the server.

5. no comment to your groupie. Sometimes double face-palm is not enough

@Gn1ydnu

at least one guy who knows about what is fun :)

#29 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:43 AM

I didnt expect that my post will pull Xellie and Xellie's groupie in at the same time. Nice!

Wow I'm a groupie?

I have a reputation on the forums now. I'm so flattered  :ani_shy:

Btw what about SN = SG Wiz not being conducive to remaining "Classic" (to some extent) don't you understand? I'd rather we didn't get super special new stuff, since we all know how that turns out.

Btw I love how you sidestepped the whole "I requested a BG gear specifically for PvM" thing in your retort.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 16 July 2014 - 05:56 AM.

#30 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 05:57 AM

I just read the yt channel topic before all the funny stuff/groupie flame etc was deleted

Btw what about SN = SG Wiz not being conducive to remaining "Classic" (to some extent) don't you understand? I'd rather we didn't get super special new stuff, since we all know how that turns out.

Hm no super special new stuff? You mean like GSB, Assu/Agi/Bless/Merc/MagicPower Scrolls and all the Kafra/Box Headgears? StormGust scrolls wouldn't attract attentation in that list.

Edit because of your edit:

That shows that you didn't understand. I didn't "requested a BG gear specifically for PvM", I "requested a BG gear specifically for SN".

What should I say about the BG Staff for SN? It would be just fair next to all the powerful BG Accessorys, Equips etc for other classes. It doesn't matter if the staff works in bg or pvp. It would be nice to have at least a BG reward that makes it worth to play BG.

Edited by Humbelum, 16 July 2014 - 06:02 AM.

#31 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:09 AM

Hm no super special new stuff? You mean like GSB, Assu/Agi/Bless/Merc/MagicPower Scrolls and all the Kafra/Box Headgears? StormGust scrolls wouldn't attract attentation in that list.

The GSBs and scrolls are there and remain there due to a poor server pop. The Kafras... no excuse since some of them have been OP.

Just because there's precedent, doesn't mean we should keep adding crap.

That shows that you didn't understand. I didn't "requested a BG gear specifically for PvM", I "requested a BG gear specifically for SN".

What should I say about the BG Staff for SN? It would be just fair next to all the powerful BG Accessorys, Equips etc for other classes. It doesn't matter if the staff works in bg or pvp. It would be nice to have at least a BG reward that makes it worth to play BG.

You explicitly requested a BG staff (not a typical staff, as BG gears have innate demi amps) and went on to state that it doesn't matter due to SNs being a PvM class insinuating that you wouldn't really use it outside of PvM anyway.

Then stating that you won't necessarily just use it for PvM and assuming that people are scared of SNs in PvP (lol) suggests that requesting a BG staff was more calculated than you're now asserting it to be.

#32 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:26 AM

keep it simple. A bg staff is a staff you get from BG. Since you both cried that super novices would kick your asses if they could use SG in pvp, I accepted your fear and said that pvm-only would be fine instead.

If you still don't understand you can send me a pm.

#33 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:34 AM

Since you both cried that super novices would kick your asses if they could use SG in pvp, I accepted your fear...

Now you're just being rude  :ani_wow:

#34 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:43 AM

I'm so sorry, don't be afraid of me.

#35 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:06 AM

Super novices have been able to spam wizard skills such as Meteor Storm. 

Super novice w/ like access to level 5 SG wouldn't change anything in this game. None would use it competitively in WoE for very obvious reasons. It would probably get used in PVM or to mess around with in town. 0 harm done to anything and people might make super novices!

I use BG gear all the time in PVM and in PVP. Just because I got it from BG doesn't mean its only used for woe :P

#36 Realbeast

Realbeast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:10 AM

turn in events which require people to party up is actually making the game fun. but take the damn turn in out of al3 already so other classes can play a role instead of trading a puller/hp for leech. im referring to wizards, champs blah blah blah.

#37 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:37 AM

Super novices have been able to spam wizard skills such as Meteor Storm. 

Super novice w/ like access to level 5 SG wouldn't change anything in this game. None would use it competitively in WoE for very obvious reasons. It would probably get used in PVM or to mess around with in town. 0 harm done to anything and people might make super novices!

I use BG gear all the time in PVM and in PVP. Just because I got it from BG doesn't mean its only used for woe :P

^this

or the super novice extension instead.... just kidding :P

#38 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:13 AM

turn in events which require people to party up is actually making the game fun. but take the damn turn in out of al3 already so other classes can play a role instead of trading a puller/hp for leech. im referring to wizards, champs blah blah blah.

This is why I said earlier that change it to something that us not useful classes can do without puller on alt.

Why does nobody want Ice Titan or Anubis there a few others that be good. Besides you have hard time finding Pullers now.

#39 Masa

Masa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

Beat the summer heat with Ice Titans event.

http://irowiki.org/w..._~_(2010/09/16)

Edited by Masa, 16 July 2014 - 08:30 AM.

#40 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:28 AM

Summer is getting hot!!!! Lets cool off guys with some ice titans! 

#41 Masa

Masa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:38 AM

seriously guys ID3 Event! 

http://irowiki.org/w..._~_(2010/09/16)

#42 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:39 AM

+1 ID3

#43 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:49 AM

1. Where does my signature indicates that I play sn in pvp? Don't try yourself as detective.

2. It was your argument, so it's your argument that is invalid. Beside that, would a SN with storm gust harm anyone in WoE? I doubt. Who plays SN in WoE?

3. I wouldn't care about pvm only but it shows how people are afraid of super novices in pvp. 

4. Moon Rabbit Hat was already in KPShop and you want it to become questable where bots can easily farm it. Hmm what is more harmful? There are enough high lvl bots as you know. In KP Shop it would at least support the server.

5. no comment to your groupie. Sometimes double face-palm is not enough

@Gn1ydnu

at least one guy who knows about what is fun :)

Sounds like I missed something good in the yt thread. Anyway, I have some advice for you, take it or leave it.

Instead of just spamming the read about what you personally want for your one char (and trying troll bait like changing your sig from the SN pvp video) - you should express why the changes you are asking for are good for the wider game and community. How does putting an item directly in kp shop not encourage pay to win when the majority of people are looking for improvements to game play? Yes MRH is a great hat, yes there needs to be more. But it's very strong for a hat you can just buy infinite numbers of for upgrades. It would be much better suited via a TI quest earned via points much like the anniversary quest.

Whilst I have no issue with SNs getting sg or w/e, I do take issue to people using false pretenses to attempt to get their way on the game with no thought as to the wider issues.

+10 MRH = 2k matk for me. Sounds real nice for something I could just buy directly and spam upgrade.Whilst it doesn't affect the SN class much, for HW and bolter scholars it's a bit too strong to be so damn easy. That would be defining pay2win.

#44 Greyhame

Greyhame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:54 AM

It's kind of the point of RO. Until they come up with an alternative it should stay.

I cannot stress this enough. It's as been 1 month since me and my friends stopped leveling there, but those was fun times together. I hope for more permanent new content that promotes partying, be it with old friends, be it opportunities to meet new ones.

#45 Fernando9152

Fernando9152

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:59 AM

we need another quest to up, return to quest magmadungeon and remove the abysslake would be a great idea, besides improving the economy of the server, encourages the creation of groups... or just change the place of the quests get crazy every time I hear the word dragon.  (nameless ou bio3 is a good idea)

#46 Realbeast

Realbeast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:12 AM

bio3 would be fun, but it would only be plausible by the well geared and high level players. I recommend something which could also include mid level players 70+ and not entirely reliant on gears. *hint id3* even agav/vanberk turn in might be fun. isilla/whateverotherguyiscalled for lower levels.

#47 iROLee

iROLee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Location...

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

The point of all big events is "You should have been playing during that time, stick around and don't miss the next big thing".

For instance, I just made thousands of +7 foods through this anniversary quest. Should every new player given thousands of foods because they weren't there ?
And why not reset the seal status of all players who didn't play during last christmas event.

See what I mean ?  :mellow:

#48 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

Sure. But claps to you for having the time to actually do it. Not everyone is blessed as you, and just because you had the time and inb4 too bad to people who don't have time, RIP server. trying to get new players to build population to the server.

Edited by Jenna, 16 July 2014 - 12:00 PM.

#49 waffelchen

waffelchen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

Can you PLEASE give me any informations about the Kin Poring thing on classic server...

where to enchant???

Implenting an event without any informations... yay!

#50 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:14 PM

The point of all big events is "You should have been playing during that time, stick around and don't miss the next big thing".

For instance, I just made thousands of +7 foods through this anniversary quest. Should every new player given thousands of foods because they weren't there ?
And why not reset the seal status of all players who didn't play during last christmas event.

See what I mean ?  :mellow:

The point of people asking for the extension is "STOP GIVING US EVENTS THAT DON'T WORK FOR HALF THE DURATION"

You may or may not be a paying customer, but you're a customer who is satisfied with sub-par service. I like to think of my feed back as a way that their service will improve and retain the playerbase.

Don't take it out on the rest of us if we're demanding the game be run in a semi-professional manner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users