Upcoming Skill Changes(Pt. 8 FINAL); Battlemagician, Elementalist, Druid - Page 4 - Xenoa Armory - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Upcoming Skill Changes(Pt. 8 FINAL); Battlemagician, Elementalist, Druid

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#76 XRosebloodX

XRosebloodX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 365 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Nova

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:14 AM

I've played the game for 5 or so years. Played mainly druid for first 4. Then as Ele in order to help more with raids since everyone switched to druid.

Battle Magician

·        Approach should be put in first skill tree again.
        -Dash is very useful to get unstuck in game, to get around other difficult areas, and to travel.

Druid

·        Robbing Willingness and Revenge Telekinesis- increase buff chances and extend buff time
        -If I remember correctly, both were not dependable to get as buff within a few hits even maxed and then it lasted for maybe 10 minutes. Loved the damage though.

Elementalist

·        Holy Bliss needs to be party buff again.
         -Currently the skill is very inefficient and wastes time in large alliance parties since everyone wants life buffs.

·        Snow Burst changed to instant. 
         -Snow Burst with DNA is almost instant with 5 DNA, but you still have to stand still or else it cancels. Elem is a pew pew class. Not stand, load, pew. Run in circle for skill downtime with little pews then rinse and repeat. 

(Kind of feel like ele doesn't have the damage it used to, but then again res is easier to achieve now. )

Anyway, that's the main bit I think. Hope it helps.

Edited by XRosebloodX, 27 July 2014 - 09:16 AM.

#77 NemesisSlayer

NemesisSlayer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 27 July 2014 - 12:59 PM

Elementalist

-Snow Burst with DNA is almost instant with 5 DNA, but you still have to stand still or else it cancels. 

You can use snow burst while running if it has 5 DNA in it just like any other skill whos charge time is reduced to instant.

#78 XRosebloodX

XRosebloodX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:07 PM

You can use snow burst while running if it has 5 DNA in it just like any other skill whos charge time is reduced to instant.

Indeed! Messed up there. Thank you for correcting that. Still, would be nice to not have to put 5 DNA in it. But not too terrible.

#79 AngelicPretty

AngelicPretty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1514 posts
  • LocationKiwiland!
  • Server:FOC

Posted 27 July 2014 - 09:33 PM

I've played the game for 5 or so years. Played mainly druid for first 4. Then as Ele in order to help more with raids since everyone switched to druid.

and yet you seem unaware of the classes skills and dna

#80 XRosebloodX

XRosebloodX

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:22 AM

and yet you seem unaware of the classes skills and dna

Haha definitely not a pro on ele. That's ok with me. Still think not having to put DNA on that one would be better. Or at least move it to where a little less DNA is required for it.

#81 Eladar

Eladar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:23 AM

If gravity or those so called developers are really willing to listen to players once in their life, then my suggestions are these: check your database from the beginning of memento mori and return the classes as they originally were. Make every class more resistant to elements (fire, water, wind, lightning, etc), increase templars damage, make all the healings instant cast, stronger and few seconds cooldown. Add more HP to magicians and more MP to melees. Rogue's doppleganger and Soul Hunter Dominator's summons must be weakened and the duration reduced. Do you happen to know there are people who use those classes as a bot? As defenders must click quick attack every 2 minutes, so dominators should for their summons (not 2 minutes but 10 would be fine). Talking about quick attack, increase its duration. Avenger's traps must be strengthened, paralysis trap the most: make it instant again. Tempest lightning restraint: make it last its original time effect (12 seconds?). Mystic healing and defense totem: increase heal, amount of defense, duration and decrease cooldown. Resuming: return the game to its status quo.

#82 RoxCore

RoxCore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:44 AM

If gravity or those so called developers are really willing to listen to players once in their life, then my suggestions are these: check your database from the beginning of memento mori and return the classes as they originally were. Make every class more resistant to elements (fire, water, wind, lightning, etc), increase templars damage, make all the healings instant cast, stronger and few seconds cooldown. Add more HP to magicians and more MP to melees. Rogue's doppleganger and Soul Hunter Dominator's summons must be weakened and the duration reduced. Do you happen to know there are people who use those classes as a bot? As defenders must click quick attack every 2 minutes, so dominators should for their summons (not 2 minutes but 10 would be fine). Talking about quick attack, increase its duration. Avenger's traps must be strengthened, paralysis trap the most: make it instant again. Tempest lightning restraint: make it last its original time effect (12 seconds?). Mystic healing and defense totem: increase heal, amount of defense, duration and decrease cooldown. Resuming: return the game to its status quo.

Haha sounds like.. upgrade classes i play and nerv all other... lol ... 

Most changes u want are fully -_-... need more res? Go and enchat them.. need more mana? Learn to play.. wtf

I thin most problem for the class balance will be that every noob that plays requiem for some months thinks he knows whats from with the game...

Best way to get a real balance is watch in your database and pm all the players that are left here from s1 and ask what they think and noone else... 

#83 Eladar

Eladar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 10:55 AM

Watch who you call "noob" because you may get a surprise. Although I'm not a beta tester nor I've played in season one, I did played in the beginnings of memento mori and I know perfectly what I'm saying. You said upgrade classes I play? yes, upgrade them, because I have 3 accounts and all the classes.

#84 RoxCore

RoxCore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:00 AM

Then you should know that the one and only problem in pvp is perma stun and no global cooldown on it...

#85 NemesisSlayer

NemesisSlayer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 01:15 PM

I agree with RoxCore as I have been here since the beginning of Requiem and i can tell you now that these suggestions wont help anything.  If you want to fix these for your character, enchant your gear with whatever you lack.  Also, I am not sure why you would want to add mp to melees as they have plenty as is (if you need more just either use pots or get some MND/mp regen).  As for pets, reducing the duration will NOT do anything as those who use domis to afk farm run bots on top so all they would have to do is change a single value.  Sure, increasing the defender quick attack duration would be helpful but most defenders end up being skill spammers anyways.

Oh, and this part made me laugh "Mystic healing and defense totem: increase heal, amount of defense, duration and decrease cooldown."
Yea... take something that needs to be either fixed(healing totem) or nerfed (or fix all other classes around this) and make it even more op.  Haha no.

#86 BumblefootV7

BumblefootV7

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:59 AM

A Mystic can solo raid and you want to boost its heals ^^ NO

#87 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:04 AM

Yeah, why don't give druid stealth, and a 15 sec stun 100% chance?Serious?

This topics are rlly stupid, everyone wants their job to be stronger.

#88 NemesisSlayer

NemesisSlayer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:12 AM

A Mystic can solo raid and you want to boost its heals ^^ NO

yea if they fixed healing totem so it wouldn't double tick, it might actually balance it.  and for those who dont know, it double ticks every time the effect is refreshed on the player so if it ticks for 500 per 2 seconds, you end up getting healed for 1k per 2 seconds instead.

#89 RoxCore

RoxCore

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1016 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:20 AM

yea if they fixed healing totem so it wouldn't double tick, it might actually balance it.  and for those who dont know, it double ticks every time the effect is refreshed on the player so if it ticks for 500 per 2 seconds, you end up getting healed for 1k per 2 seconds instead.

Lol not true.. only first tick is double

#90 NemesisSlayer

NemesisSlayer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:09 AM

no it most certainly double ticks constantly lol... you just gotta watch the numbers m8.  every time the healing totem buff refreshes, you get hit with 2x heals instead of just 1

#91 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:40 AM

no it most certainly double ticks constantly lol... you just gotta watch the numbers m8.  every time the healing totem buff refreshes, you get hit with 2x heals instead of just 1

The new amped value plus this is pretty stupidly strong, it was fine before the added percentage to heals on totem, but then again clamor wasn't pure trash then either and stupidly strong too.

Edited by Viole, 29 July 2014 - 10:40 AM.

#92 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:15 PM

elem needs aoe dna on snowburst and wastewater.

remove str snowburst dna and just add the damage to the skill.

make bliss of fairy scad PARTY BUFF = to a 50-77 staff in range.

give elem lvl 50-77 aoe that does min10%-max30% more damage than RoB that does random damage from all elements.

elem is fixed. no more druid whine ^^

Edited by sonemere, 29 July 2014 - 09:23 PM.

#93 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:02 AM

Thank you everyone for providing your feedback.

A Topic will be created in the near future to show off the changes being made to each of the classes. 

If you have any more feedback/suggestions for the Battlemagician, Elementalist, and Druid.. please provide it below.

#94 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:57 AM

if they dont want make druid fully phys trans based )if they did most would leave). 

then remove both AOE stuns from both transformations. 

Keep all single target stuns is fine i think- yes alot of them but I would rather face a person with single target than aoe stuns. lest that way my team can still help.

who cares if your stunned and the druid is in DG and cant be stuned when the rest of ur team can rain hell upon it cus they are not stuned due to AOE being removed.

both of the aoe stuns shouldn't be removed, tbh I'll never understand why we got that DG stun but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

We would be just fine with our old IA, FCS, Inferno, into DG single target chain. Since at most we can only lock 1 person completely and stun 4 with inferno stun (which is stunnable anyway so it takes some effort to actually get away).

Edit: You guys had a lot of old physical based Druids that were exceptional at PvP before the buffs were added giving suggestions, but pretty much with how the first "skill balance" went the majority really see no point in adding their suggestions that were already ignored again. There were ways to fight a druid before the major buffs, and I won't say it was a weak class before, it just wasn't most peoples cup of tea. There are still ways to fight a druid now, but most people are too dense to figure it out as well. With that being said you have the tools that you needed to at least balance druids in the right direction, and elem way before this current discussion ended.

Edited by Viole, 30 July 2014 - 10:02 AM.

#95 Plato

Plato

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:34 PM

rag of bugs is almost the same as inducing honeybee, i dont see why it is light damge based.

I suggest to change it as physical dmg based, or move it to elem.

Edited by Plato, 18 August 2014 - 12:44 PM.

#96 RadiantHelper

RadiantHelper

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 389 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:26 PM

No they aren't Plato, rage of bugs is a ground tick aoe, induced honey is a target aoe. And what does it matter end game if it's light or physical damage. Please by all means make it physical so i can rip apart casters who aren't capped. Should I mention druids use knuckles which add physical dmg lol...so light or physical will be same on cap.

#97 Plato

Plato

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

I mean their name are similar, not about the type of aoe;p

It won't be the same. 

players can reduce ROB damage from Def buff but light resistance has to be added up by players themselves.

Again, there is almost no resistance buff comparing to tons of defense buffs....

Edited by Plato, 18 August 2014 - 04:31 PM.

#98 Mariuana

Mariuana

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:34 AM

the "too close" thing is very annoying hope you guys fix that, its kinda disadvantage for BM not being able to attack at close distance

#99 tally

tally

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationDisgruntled
  • Server:Velik - Vermillion

Posted 05 May 2015 - 09:15 PM

I'd still like a healing druid build. Perhaps using Vilovy as the transformation. Perhaps more HoT based than Radiant. Enough points needing sinking into the skills to make it out of the reach for PvP toons to avoid OP PvP.

#100 Helium

Helium

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 1472 posts
  • LocationGravity Interactive, Buena Park, California
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 13 August 2015 - 06:32 AM

It can be easily argued that Defender, Commander and Protector need attention first, but Hunter, Avenger and Ranger can make that claim as easily, so without upsetting Defenders, I was doing a bit of PvE this morning using Ranger and find everything seems OK in PvE but I wonder just how useful some of these skills are in PvP. Like Bombing for instance. I love Range Extension of course, but for skills the range tends to be between 30 and 35. That is OK in the sense it gives you between 0 and 5 meters advantage on most other ranged skills but I am wondering how some adjustment to skill ranges towards 40 may improve this job... 

(Take this with skepticism because I have not got it working yet but it is in test proof of concept stage.) On another topic for Ranger, I have been trying to get the "knock back on hit" working with no luck, so next I will try to see if I can work around this by making the skill cause the target to dash backwards. Haha, same difference right. I am thinking along the lines of a knock back range which will take the target from 30 meters from you (most long range skills) out to 40 meters from you (out of their range but within yours with Range Extension).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users