Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:41 AM

I think mages are great support / secondary aoe  :lv:

You mean primary AOE. Even with aural nerf no class can match up to their AOE prowess.

#127 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:45 AM

Aww, please STOP CRYING your lil childrens.

My mage isn't full geared yet and I still able to kill and do massive damage at CD. Also I have a mana shield that give me a extra defense that pass other class base defense! I can stand alive, run and kill.

Go train and test new builds instead crying! 

:p_sad:

#128 beachbabyc

beachbabyc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia, USA

Posted 21 July 2014 - 08:46 AM

You mean primary AOE. Even with aural nerf no class can match up to their AOE prowess.

I know they should be and most are but for the life of me I can't figure out a good build so that I'm not squishy (need help with that badly) :sob:  And not crying Costando, just saying how my mage is is all :-/

Edited by beachbabyc, 21 July 2014 - 08:48 AM.

#129 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:49 AM

I know they should be and most are but for the life of me I can't figure out a good build so that I'm not squishy (need help with that badly) :sob:  And not crying Costando, just saying how my mage is is all :-/

Muse as a whole are squishy. We are only wearing cloth.  And for muse that is a relative term.  A muse can't possibly be compared to a knight or other def classes, they are not meant to be that.  And I can tell you what people always tell clerics that complain about low defense....get people from other classes to defend you.  I know that is not a high probability lately but as a cleric if I am playing with a good mage, I will focus a lot of my healing on them because they do so much damage.  And there was a time when the job of the mage was to drive into the crystal, AOE at least once or twice, die, then go back and do it again.  This was in the old UW.  And mages were not half as good as they are now but it still made a huge difference.  So don't bother concentrating on good def, go for high damage and hope the others on your team protect you or carry pots, die, rebuff with the pots, use your mount to get to mid of action and AOE more.  

I have full charm on my cleric.  I buff up everyone at the beginning with that and if there is a safe lull in the match I rebuff in full charm.  But I fight in high HP gear and have a lot of my skill points on things to add defense.  But I sacrifice a lot of healing power and buffs for that.  To  me, and the way I play, it is better to stay in the action and heal as I can to support the group then to heal one or two people well, then die and come back.  As Muse there are a lot of different builds and you just have to find one that is adaptable to how you prefer to play.  If you want to last a longer time, build and use gear for HP and/or def, but then you will lose a lot of ability to kill so it might not be worth it.  But do not assume that with higher def or HP that you  will last that much longer.  It is better to just kill the attackers on you.  At least you have that option, unlike a full support cleric.  But a muse should not be able to tank.

#130 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Server:That one

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:58 AM

Muse as a whole are squishy. We are only wearing cloth.  And for muse that is a relative term.  A muse can't possibly be compared to a knight or other def classes, they are not meant to be that.  And I can tell you what people always tell clerics that complain about low defense....get people from other classes to defend you.  I know that is not a high probability lately but as a cleric if I am playing with a good mage, I will focus a lot of my healing on them because they do so much damage.  And there was a time when the job of the mage was to drive into the crystal, AOE at least once or twice, die, then go back and do it again.  This was in the old UW.  And mages were not half as good as they are now but it still made a huge difference.  So don't bother concentrating on good def, go for high damage and hope the others on your team protect you or carry pots, die, rebuff with the pots, use your mount to get to mid of action and AOE more.  

I have full charm on my cleric.  I buff up everyone at the beginning with that and if there is a safe lull in the match I rebuff in full charm.  But I fight in high HP gear and have a lot of my skill points on things to add defense.  But I sacrifice a lot of healing power and buffs for that.  To  me, and the way I play, it is better to stay in the action and heal as I can to support the group then to heal one or two people well, then die and come back.  As Muse there are a lot of different builds and you just have to find one that is adaptable to how you prefer to play.  If you want to last a longer time, build and use gear for HP and/or def, but then you will lose a lot of ability to kill so it might not be worth it.  But do not assume that with higher def or HP that you  will last that much longer.  It is better to just kill the attackers on you.  At least you have that option, unlike a full support cleric.  But a muse should not be able to tank.

Exactly!

People want a mage with the def n' health of a knight, the damage power of a bourgeois, m.speed of a raider. 

People do no't understand that the muse class are made to have no def! 

C'mon guys? A cleric? the awesome power to save your ass and make you 310% more powerfull. And a mage.. Oh the mages, that class with can debuff IN AREA and do massive damage in area??? Its so helpful when there's a team playing! 

#131 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:21 PM

Soldier: 
High Physical Defense
Low Magic Defense

Dealer:
Medium High Physical Defense
Medium Lower MAgic Defense

Hawker:
Mid Physical Defense
Mid Magical Defense

Muse:
Low Physical Defense
High MAgical Defense

If you look at the base amounts of Defense and MDef on items You can see that

Soldier have highest defense

Dealers have higher defense then hawkers, and more mdef then soldier

Hawkers have less defense then dealers, but higher magical defense then dealers and soldiers

Muse have lowest defense, but highest magical defense.

They all have their own perks, the softer you are, the more range you want, and the more control. I know ROSE is seen as "different" but trust me when I say, if you PLAY it like other MMO's teach you, a mage is incredibly deadly. with, or without aurals, you can incur some CRAZY high damage, AND stun/silence/root/kite your enemy's into oblivion. You need to take a step uot of this wierd expectation you have of "how things are supposed to be" and start looking at it as "how things are and can be". Or else you'll never get better. 

#132 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:35 PM

Soldier: 
High Physical Defense
Low Magic Defense

Dealer:
Medium High Physical Defense
Medium Lower MAgic Defense

Hawker:
Mid Physical Defense
Mid Magical Defense

Muse:
Low Physical Defense
High MAgical Defense

If you look at the base amounts of Defense and MDef on items You can see that

Soldier have highest defense

Dealers have higher defense then hawkers, and more mdef then soldier

Hawkers have less defense then dealers, but higher magical defense then dealers and soldiers

Muse have lowest defense, but highest magical defense.

They all have their own perks, the softer you are, the more range you want, and the more control. I know ROSE is seen as "different" but trust me when I say, if you PLAY it like other MMO's teach you, a mage is incredibly deadly. with, or without aurals, you can incur some CRAZY high damage, AND stun/silence/root/kite your enemy's into oblivion. You need to take a step uot of this wierd expectation you have of "how things are supposed to be" and start looking at it as "how things are and can be". Or else you'll never get better. 

Right on right on

#133 lolmetimbers89

lolmetimbers89

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

Or you could just do this:

MzSbC2L.jpg

2-3 raiders on me and not going down. There was even a game where I had 900+ dodges and 0 deaths, too bad I didn't screenie. But I want to kill people you say? Don't worry....

gdbXPzi.jpg

Edited by lolmetimbers89, 21 July 2014 - 05:54 PM.

#134 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 06:09 PM

what just happen?

suddenly my client stop and says server dc

and when i log in it says account already log in for 2x

and when i get back to select character it stucks me into the waiting section to enter world...

these was happening the moment they activated the 2x drop

taking the 2x drops again makes the server gets crazy again

can someone look into and please make it stable

#135 Nura

Nura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationIn my Gigi's heart
  • Server:Arua

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:28 PM

Well everyone, the Dual Raider balance is because they were being built in a way we didn't intend. Though we do want their debuffs to be powerful, they were far beyond our expectations to what players would take it. So we had to pull back quite a bit and make them still powerful over most other debuffs, but not the debilitating effect they were.

Reminder (and updated notes) those classes will be receiving the 24-Hour Stat & Skill reset skills because of the change, so they will have the opportunity to adjust.

Dear Leonis,

I play a pure PvM dual raider with lots of charm which works very well for DG. All the so called 'balancing'  being done to various classes is to accomodate the PvP scene. As always, sad to say. Having said that, I am not going to ask the age old question again, as to how the balancing actually helps PvM players like myself as its quite obvious that noone gives a damn about it (pardon my choice of words)

You have mentioned in your post that " Dual raider balance is because they were being built in a way we didn't intend". Could you please elaborate on that ?  Would like to know how, despite having spent much time,consideration and resources on my duals, I have built a char

that was never intended to be.

Thank You.

#136 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 21 July 2014 - 10:44 PM

Dear Leonis,

I play a pure PvM dual raider with lots of charm which works very well for DG. All the so called 'balancing'  being done to various classes is to accomodate the PvP scene. As always, sad to say. Having said that, I am not going to ask the age old question again, as to how the balancing actually helps PvM players like myself as its quite obvious that noone gives a damn about it (pardon my choice of words)

You have mentioned in your post that " Dual raider balance is because they were being built in a way we didn't intend". Could you please elaborate on that ?  Would like to know how, despite having spent much time,consideration and resources on my duals, I have built a char

that was never intended to be.

Thank You.

It was never intended for the dual raider's MSPD down effect to indefinitely negate movement as it was doing.

#137 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 08:56 AM

Just a random war recorded after the mage aural pierce nerf, pretty average performance for me but still top score, top damage, top kills. I did feel a significant lowered damage output though, but the mage class is still very good compare to others.

#138 DarkSideOfMoon

DarkSideOfMoon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 10:50 AM

It was never intended for the dual raider's MSPD down effect to indefinitely negate movement as it was doing.

So you create a skill that lasts 20 seconds with a cooldown of 5 seconds.

And you are saying that you could not foresee what happens?

#139 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:34 PM

So you create a skill that lasts 20 seconds with a cooldown of 5 seconds.

And you are saying that you could not foresee what happens?

Maybe you can ask them to make a PVM skillbook thats a little stronger debuff power than normal/pvp version. Anyway, the skill is strong enough as it is but, just saying anyway :P

Edited by Leeny, 22 July 2014 - 12:35 PM.

#140 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:40 PM

Draconis is back up and running.

#141 LoveU4ever

LoveU4ever

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1121 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:37 PM

Thank you!

Edited by LoveU4ever, 22 July 2014 - 01:38 PM.

#142 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:25 PM

Turn server back on pwease :D tyty

#143 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 22 July 2014 - 04:38 PM

Turn server back on pwease :D tyty

Draconis had an issue and was taken down for 2-3 minutes. It has been put back up and you should be able to log-in.

Sorry for the trouble~

#144 Ramesses

Ramesses

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • LocationEgypt
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:29 PM

can any of the staff who "active in one thread of their forums" take a look at my complaint?

http://forums.warppo...ophe/?p=1853618

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users