angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:18 AM

Whats up with the character storage? Why is there only 1 tab when most of stuff is going to be character bound? Do I need to pay for more storage space? .. I'm sorry GM's and Dev's. I always have been on Your side but now You are leaving me speechless....

i think you can still put it into account storage. it should be tested ;)

#27 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Slothnessmonst1
  • LocationBrisbane / QLD / Australia (GMT+10)
  • Server:There can be only one :D

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:19 AM

u can b uy more character tabs

#28 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:28 AM

I don't understand why this is happening or why I would want it to happen. Why can't gear just be account bound?.. I'm not buying 10 of the same items so my characters can have them. I can't afford all those Sagittarius stones. I know it is hard to deliver content with so few devs, but why then do "other" games do this.

This doesn't make thematic sense and seems like a malicious monetization policy. Trapped farming more, need to spend more $ to speed it up. And yes, I watched the stream.

Edited by DoubleRose, 25 July 2014 - 06:57 AM.

#29 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:42 AM

This doesn't make thematic sense and seems like a malicious monetization policy. And yes, I watched the stream.

Ok, how is this a monetization policy? The unbinding coupons are purchased with valor points. The gears are gotten through drops, crafted or with valor/honor points.

#30 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:48 AM

Ok, how is this a monetization policy? The unbinding coupons are purchased with valor points. The gears are gotten through drops, crafted or with valor/honor points.

They relate to item mall items, but it's a good decision to not have the unbinding available in the item mall

Edited by DoubleRose, 25 July 2014 - 06:51 AM.

#31 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:26 AM

Clearly ROSE has been spoiled in terms of free-trade restrictions. Every other mmo I play, EVERY single one if you equip something it belongs to that character, and 90% of those do not allow unbinding. And any items that are able to be shared between characters are extremely expensive. I fail to see how us having bindings is any different, and i especially fail to see how people can dare complain when there's a very very cheap in-game method to unbind them that doesn't require more then a few mins of playing and cost no RL money. 

#32 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:44 AM

u can b uy more character tabs

Yes you can and they permanently expand character storage. They cost 350 points in the IM. It's really a pretty good deal. 

#33 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 07:45 AM

Clearly ROSE has been spoiled in terms of free-trade restrictions. Every other mmo I play, EVERY single one if you equip something it belongs to that character, and 90% of those do not allow unbinding. And any items that are able to be shared between characters are extremely expensive. I fail to see how us having bindings is any different, and i especially fail to see how people can dare complain when there's a very very cheap in-game method to unbind them that doesn't require more then a few mins of playing and cost no RL money. 

Good idea. Let's take away uniqueness. Must succumb to the copying wow market, which clearly isn't working since wow is no longer the most popular mmo and moba games are way more popular than mmos.

#34 antsmeister

antsmeister

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 25 July 2014 - 09:25 AM

Why does ROSE have to follow other games footsteps? It's just not it.

#35 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 25 July 2014 - 10:29 AM

Whats up with the character storage? Why is there only 1 tab when most of stuff is going to be character bound? Do I need to pay for more storage space? .. I'm sorry GM's and Dev's. I always have been on Your side but now You are leaving me speechless....

The only items that are character bound would be equipment. With 1 tab, you have 40 character bound/locked items able to be stored.

• Personal equipment
  • Mask
  • Cap
  • Body
  • Arm
  • Foot
  • Back
  • Weapon
  • Off-Hand (if you use one)
  • Ring
  • Necklace
  • Earring

11 slots taken up out of 40. You have plenty of room for other gear for several levels or a few different build types, if you choose to keep them.

The majority of other items you find or want to keep, can be easily stored in the account storage. If you are like me, and like to hoard everything, then yes, you will want to expand on your storage capacity in some way. I find that the easiest, most beneficial and cost effective way, given that I play consistently through the year, is to get the premium account status, because that's 10 extra account storage pages that I can use, not only that but I can store stuff while in the field playing and don't need to go back to town all the time, on top of that I'm not taxed for storing in it.

But going back to the point, 1 page is more than enough space for character restricted items for basic to mild levels of item hoarding game play. :)

Don't You think that it is a bit ridiculous to farm valor just to arrange my stuff over ? Like there isn't anything better to do with valor points.

You don't need to up front. This is only in the event that you bind the equipment to a character/account. The Character/Account Bound on Equip status, means you have to equip it for it to become bound. If you already have it equipped, it will not automatically become bound. You will need to take it off first, then put it back on, at which point you will be asked if you are sure you want to equip the item, and it will inform you of the bound status that will be placed if you do.

Eh, it's a pathetic amount to make more money for gravity if they are making item mall costumes account bound on equip. But that's just my opinion :)

You can call it what you want. There is a fact that if you have one item purchased ever, because it can be freely shared means it has a lot more value to it for many players, while we originally had those values placed on the idea that they would be single player purchases and that's how they've always been priced. When trade was opened up it was thought we were doing a good thing to help influence trade and additional purchases. Unfortunately, it was turning out to be more damaging, because those items valued, weren't leaving the community, so prices were constantly being driven up and the suggestion to "buy item mall" just to enter the economy's zulie prices, wasn't what we necessarily wanted to see for new players to face.

The intention behind it now is that if you want to purchase an item to put on the market, you will be able to, but once that item is equipped, it will take the property we intended and will become bound to that player's account. It will still be able to be unbound and traded about again, but at least at this point, we're enforcing the player to put in some play time to do so. For players who do this as a means for zulie income, they won't see a change to how they do business. For players who buy items from the players who buy to sell, they won't see a change in that aspect either. Who will see the most impact from this, are players who buy and expect to keep the item's value to resell at a later cost, without having to put any effort to wanting to do so after getting use of the item.

I don't understand why this is happening or why I would want it to happen. Why can't gear just be account bound?.. I'm not buying 10 of the same items so my characters can have them. I can't afford all those Sagittarius stones. I know it is hard to deliver content with so few devs, but why then do "other" games do this.

This doesn't make thematic sense and seems like a malicious monetization policy. Trapped farming more, need to spend more $ to speed it up. And yes, I watched the stream.

Then, if you watched the stream, you're aware that as I've explained. Content is being skipped and taken for granted, because so much of it is readily available and able to be so freely traded that no one does it anymore. The only reason why some epics are still hunted for are because they yield at such a slow rate, compared to other items, that there's still a demand for it from new players entering the world. The reason for those items to be desired is more so also because they are generally kept on a character once obtained and put to use. So we're enforcing that mentality, that if you put it on, it's going to be yours. And if you want to trade it off, we're just asking that you put in a little effort to return it to the economy. This is a step in that direction of helping to improve ROSE's economy. The free trade design wasn't helping, it was hurting us. Exchange and loss need to happen to drive competitive values, supply and demand. Just because it is unique, doesn't mean it's good for us. I understand that it may have been an aspect you've enjoyed, but having many years to review what's been eating at us in the long run, we need to change or things will not get better. This isn't about copying another game, this is about heading in the directions that have proven to be successful and more than one game title has that to prove for our style of game, it works. From our varied efforts and attempts to keep that uniqueness, it has only continued to spiral down and we dont' want to see it hit bottom. So we're doing what we think is best, to avoid that and improve the economic state for ROSE.

#36 DhsguiKch

DhsguiKch

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

its stupid to make all those stuff account bound.. 100 valor is nothing and you can always get 200 honor and switch it to valor.

all they want is to make people buy im points.. people cant trade their gears to other char so they need another set.. 

#37 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 11:58 AM

"if you put it on, it's going to be yours" (When I tried to just quote this it deleted the whole quote from Leonis thing)

Ok, then make (some) items account bound and not character bound. If I own a piece of jewelry, why can't I share that between MY characters? I spent a lot of real $ getting stuff like enchanted Sagittarius stones for a movement set, I don't think it's fair to make it so only one of my characters can use it. Preventing me from selling it, okay that is fine if you think it will help the economy, but I think I should be able to share an item like that with myself. That would still limit me since I actively play 3 accounts, but this character bound thing is going too far. This seems like a reasonable "skipping of content that you already have done multiple times"

Edited by DoubleRose, 25 July 2014 - 12:03 PM.

#38 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 01:18 PM

its stupid to make all those stuff account bound.. 100 valor is nothing and you can always get 200 honor and switch it to valor.

all they want is to make people buy im points.. people cant trade their gears to other char so they need another set.. 

If 100 Valor Points is "nothing" and you've made the connection that Honor can be converted in to Valor, care to share with me how we're making people buy Item Mall points?

"if you put it on, it's going to be yours" (When I tried to just quote this it deleted the whole quote from Leonis thing)

Ok, then make (some) items account bound and not character bound. If I own a piece of jewelry, why can't I share that between MY characters? I spent a lot of real $ getting stuff like enchanted Sagittarius stones for a movement set, I don't think it's fair to make it so only one of my characters can use it. Preventing me from selling it, okay that is fine if you think it will help the economy, but I think I should be able to share an item like that with myself. That would still limit me since I actively play 3 accounts, but this character bound thing is going too far. This seems like a reasonable "skipping of content that you already have done multiple times"

Not everything is going to be Character Bound. Items under level 100 will be Account Bound, so they can be shared across characters to help with early leveling. We're simply working our way from the top down, when it comes to the items of importance for game play. Prior to picking a 2nd class, some classes share weapon types, and some have multiple types they can opt for. Learning which you wish to use can be a learning experience, so the restriction is more relaxed in that it will be set to account bound.

Again, being "bound" the item can still be unbound and freely traded again until the condition is met to one again return it to a bound state.

If you want to have an item that is truly unrestricted, the standard and basic items are able to be used, but you will lose out on the additional bonuses that some of the rare or unique weapons will provide that give them that extra special desire and power. That's the trade off we're setting for game play in the long run, and will happen over the course of the rest of the stages.

#39 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 02:04 PM

But why can't jewelry be account bound? How the -_- can you not share jewelry between your own characters? Makes 0 sense from a design standpoint

#40 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

But why can't jewelry be account bound? How the *** can you not share jewelry between your own characters? Makes 0 sense from a design standpoint

Because as the guidelines for restrictions goes, they fell under them and for consistency sake, that's how they were affected, under that design.

Edited by Naughty, 25 July 2014 - 04:36 PM.

#41 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 04:34 PM

Jewelry is magically imbued accessories that cast a "magical property" on the character using them. Think of it as once they're worn, the imbument only works on the same character that the jewelry recognizes. 

#42 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 05:18 PM

i just wanted to report on something, i dont know if you guys notice these.....

but these patch making the mess on kings and some bosses

so many kings and bosses had been gone on the respawn area and designated area of the king.....

well you guys check that out

there are so many kings to be said

examples of them are the doonga king and the giant worm dragon king and so on....

so if you have time please check it out....

#43 3722121031200347517

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 08:25 PM

you gotta use medals in order to drop legendary tier items lmao :heh:

pay for just another 1% chance this is ridiculous

...and lisentU's? what about the lisents we have lost?

Edited by 3722121031200347517, 25 July 2014 - 08:31 PM.

#44 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 04:51 AM

Because as the guidelines for restrictions goes, they fell under them and for consistency sake, that's how they were affected, under that design.

No, it's not consistent. In the middle you have the characters items: the helmet, the armor, shield etc. On the left you have jewelery and on the right you have ammo- those parts are separate. The fact that ammo isn't bound implies that they both should be unbound, yet jewelery which is in the same spot relative to gear as ammo is not.

Restricting dropped items has some merit to it and will affect the price of epics losing me billions- sure that's fine... I guess. There are x10 the epics now, and 0x the (15) epics, it's a very different economy and what you were going for. Restricting crafted items could lead to a serious shortage of crafted items but who knows.

edit: ty Zurn for combining the post

Edited by DoubleRose, 26 July 2014 - 05:04 AM.

#45 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 07:56 AM

No, it's not consistent. In the middle you have the characters items: the helmet, the armor, shield etc. On the left you have jewelery and on the right you have ammo- those parts are separate. The fact that ammo isn't bound implies that they both should be unbound, yet jewelery which is in the same spot relative to gear as ammo is not.

Restricting dropped items has some merit to it and will affect the price of epics losing me billions- sure that's fine... I guess. There are x10 the epics now, and 0x the (15) epics, it's a very different economy and what you were going for. Restricting crafted items could lead to a serious shortage of crafted items but who knows.

edit: ty Zurn for combining the post

I disagree. Ammo is consumable, jewelry is not. It is worn just like your gear is.

#46 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 08:32 AM

ammo isn't equipment,

As far as the client and code is concerned, 

ammo is a required materials to "cast auto shot spells" from ranged weaponry. They're not considered equipment at all. Hence why they go in your material tab, and not your equipment tab. 

The only reason they go into the character "equipped" window, is because there wasn't a good way to show ammunition in a separate window back when iRose was being developed. and 2, it is only used to indicate which ammo will be consumed upon firing skills/attacks. 

Edited by Feuer, 26 July 2014 - 08:33 AM.

#47 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:17 PM

Yeah but that's what makes rose Unique, people play rose over other MMORPGs because it's different in its own ways. What's the fun in playing a game that is the same as other ones? you might as well play a game like WoW where all the updates are already up to scratch because it's going to be the same anyway right? 

I'm not saying you are wrong with the "bind" idea but maybe some items shouldn't be binded like costumes? 

#48 rageTGLS

rageTGLS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 12:28 PM

The only real change of the whole binding gear thing I would've liked to see is the option to buy the ticket itself for 100 honor aswell as 100 valor.

#49 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:27 PM

But Honor points aren't the same value as Valor points are. It takes 5 Valor Points to equal 1 Honor Point, but 2 Honor Points to equal 1 Valor Point. That wouldn't really be fair now would it?

#50 rageTGLS

rageTGLS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 03:44 PM

But Honor points aren't the same value as Valor points are. It takes 5 Valor Points to equal 1 Honor Point, but 2 Honor Points to equal 1 Valor Point. That wouldn't really be fair now would it?

I'm not sure what you mean, it's currently 2 honor points for 1 valor point already.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users