7 replies to this topic

#1 DragonMasterDre

DragonMasterDre

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:20 AM

Hello,

I recently returned to RO2 after a long leave of absence. I came back to my Warrior (50) with no stats or skill points, they were all reallucated i assume during a patch. I know how battle tactics int warriors are crazy strong, but I am not looking to be a dps'er I wanna be a tank,

Don't get me wrong I am not oppose to doing damage, but as long as I can tank well that is my primary goal. Tank > Damage.

So if anyone has a good tank build, or tanking advice since its been so long I am welcome to it.

PS- Have no master levels yet, once i allacute my points I will begin it, but I am a 50 Warrior in raid gear (the one from Bapho and that other raid with the pvp group).

Thanks for any submissions!

Edited by DragonMasterDre, 27 July 2014 - 10:21 AM.

#2 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 July 2014 - 10:45 AM

here are sample builds:

Lvl 50: http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

ML1-20: http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

ML 20: http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

Aura Armor, Endure, and Defender are your main tanking skills. Tension Relax is a good self heal. Reason i have Brandish Storm lvl 6 is b/c that is your most used skill in ML grinding. It not only helps you do more dmg, but itll also help you maintain the aggro so the mobs dont go attking your healer when they heal you

Edited by FishDeity, 27 July 2014 - 10:47 AM.

#3 DragonMasterDre

DragonMasterDre

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 11:19 AM

here are sample builds:

Lvl 50: http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

ML1-20: http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

ML 20: http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

Aura Armor, Endure, and Defender are your main tanking skills. Tension Relax is a good self heal. Reason i have Brandish Storm lvl 6 is b/c that is your most used skill in ML grinding. It not only helps you do more dmg, but itll also help you maintain the aggro so the mobs dont go attking your healer when they heal you

Thanks this helps. What stats and cards would u suggest?

#4 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

(Because of Class bonus and already high Str output and extremely high raw Min-Max (which affects most of your dmg) you don't need to max brandish just to remind)

Incase you arent Master lvl yet and not having starter lvl50 cards then get Scratch Thief Card x 5 (Thats like 17Vit per card and +6to other stats per card). Those gives a nifty boost to hp.) You can find those cards from a mob called Scrath thief LOOTER (note that its called Looter and that monster drops that card only) in Road of Blessings (Map after sograt desert and is before the entry to morroc)

Once you got to Master lvls you can get

A) Upgraded versions of RoB cards aka Blue cards related to Fortress of sandarman. These cards wont drop in Sandarman tho (or just the normal 0,0001% chance to get it which is like once in a millenium).

But you can fuse these cards by fusing 5dif cards obtained in RoB and hope for the best.

OR

You can buy these cards from Auction House if you know how to make/you got a lil bit zeny (Theyb) arent expensive at all tho)

Or for the lolz

You have a chance to get these cards from Unidentified Card too (Meaning its an item which after opened will be a RANDOM card altho it wil not drop every cards). You can get those

1) Trade blood points from PvP events WoE and Coosseum and Jehoons training ground

2) Farm monsters in fallen fortress drop rate is low but nicely geared ppl can farm them in an hour if they want to and drop rates are favoring them.

Then theres the superduper expensive way

Basically getting a card set from Raid map Abaddon of Despair where raid bosses drops green cards (mobs too are needed for the full card set) and to fuse these green cards with extremely low chance to get that blue card whic vis reflected on the cards price making them extremely expensive so thats why you dun see ppl runing with them alot.

And then theres a cheaper way too...

Mobs in osiris tomb drops cards too which basically boosts 0-2 stats so price is cheap too they can give you what you need but cant give everything which makes them a tad useless to ppl with good card sets.

As a tank warrior tho your only interested in these stats pretty much

INT

AGI

VIT

So id say get scratch thief then evolve them to Osiris mob cards which boosts pretty much Int,Vit and after you dun like to grind/have free time you can get better cards which focuses on many stats. (Pretty much the more the merrier)

Stat allocation between INT <-> AGI <-> VIT (Vit isnt necessary cause already high defense and VIT from other sources like Gears + Cards + Titles + Hp from costumes + Runes everywhere)

STR Boosts overall damage yes. But the increase isnt that high and also the Hit given from it you dont have to worry (Your gears itself prettymuch gives you Hit enuff to almost never to miss altho you will always miss if you arent lucky :P)

#5 DragonMasterDre

DragonMasterDre

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 02:59 PM

(Because of Class bonus and already high Str output and extremely high raw Min-Max (which affects most of your dmg) you don't need to max brandish just to remind)

Incase you arent Master lvl yet and not having starter lvl50 cards then get Scratch Thief Card x 5 (Thats like 17Vit per card and +6to other stats per card). Those gives a nifty boost to hp.) You can find those cards from a mob called Scrath thief LOOTER (note that its called Looter and that monster drops that card only) in Road of Blessings (Map after sograt desert and is before the entry to morroc)

Once you got to Master lvls you can get

A) Upgraded versions of RoB cards aka Blue cards related to Fortress of sandarman. These cards wont drop in Sandarman tho (or just the normal 0,0001% chance to get it which is like once in a millenium).

But you can fuse these cards by fusing 5dif cards obtained in RoB and hope for the best.

OR

You can buy these cards from Auction House if you know how to make/you got a lil bit zeny (Theyb) arent expensive at all tho)

Or for the lolz

You have a chance to get these cards from Unidentified Card too (Meaning its an item which after opened will be a RANDOM card altho it wil not drop every cards). You can get those

1) Trade blood points from PvP events WoE and Coosseum and Jehoons training ground

2) Farm monsters in fallen fortress drop rate is low but nicely geared ppl can farm them in an hour if they want to and drop rates are favoring them.

Then theres the superduper expensive way

Basically getting a card set from Raid map Abaddon of Despair where raid bosses drops green cards (mobs too are needed for the full card set) and to fuse these green cards with extremely low chance to get that blue card whic vis reflected on the cards price making them extremely expensive so thats why you dun see ppl runing with them alot.

And then theres a cheaper way too...

Mobs in osiris tomb drops cards too which basically boosts 0-2 stats so price is cheap too they can give you what you need but cant give everything which makes them a tad useless to ppl with good card sets.

As a tank warrior tho your only interested in these stats pretty much

INT

AGI

VIT

So id say get scratch thief then evolve them to Osiris mob cards which boosts pretty much Int,Vit and after you dun like to grind/have free time you can get better cards which focuses on many stats. (Pretty much the more the merrier)

Stat allocation between INT <-> AGI <-> VIT (Vit isnt necessary cause already high defense and VIT from other sources like Gears + Cards + Titles + Hp from costumes + Runes everywhere)

STR Boosts overall damage yes. But the increase isnt that high and also the Hit given from it you dont have to worry (Your gears itself prettymuch gives you Hit enuff to almost never to miss altho you will always miss if you arent lucky :P)

Wow thanks for the info. I remember Int being a crazy stat for wars because of battle tactics, and agi is good too. I actually had 5 Cat Scratch Thief cards, so thats good for now till i get it up there. I notice the cap is 50 bonus stats so I did 50 int 25 agi, now I just need to do my master quest which seems hard.

#6 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 535 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 July 2014 - 07:05 PM

but even with that high attk/dmging power, you cant kill them all with 1 brandish storm, especially in Dark Whisper Fortress. Wouldnt it be really helpful if you put more points in it to do even more dmg

#7 PandeeChio

PandeeChio

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

but even with that high attk/dmging power, you cant kill them all with 1 brandish storm, especially in Dark Whisper Fortress. Wouldnt it be really helpful if you put more points in it to do even more dmg

It would be tots wierd if you one spin everything dead. Just saying :P

But what is really helpful?

For a tank (IMO) its not about dealing damage but to tank those mobs while DPS kills em and healer heals :v

Is it helpful to max offensive skills when you are sacrifing defensive skills?

Does it help your role in party if youbare mazed in dps :v

The reason i said about not maxing brandish was because of the already high dmg even without maxing the skill so you can use that skill effective still while tanking and have some other skills to help you/party out. (Don't forget elements are great help) So players can use some points on other skills without sacrificing much (Also if your gonna tank your only interested on threath rather than in dps numbers *mumble mumble*

Also players could use the MP from Ml20>21 to lvl brandish higher if they really NEED to have dmg with already high dmg :v.

PS. This is just a anlther way to think

Edited by PandeeChio, 27 July 2014 - 08:40 PM.

#8 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 12:59 AM

I recently returned to RO2 after a long leave of absence. I came back to my Warrior (50) with no stats or skill points, they were all reallucated i assume during a patch. I know how battle tactics int warriors are crazy strong, but I am not looking to be a dps'er I wanna be a tank.

First of all: Welcome back to the grind party!

And this is also a hint... there's currently no content that requires you to be a tank. It's now lurer, dps & healer.

But even if there would be any, your assumption is a bit deluded: Who will be the main-tank always was and still is determined by your threat-level (except you find a really friendly party). So don't even think about skipping Battle Tactics.

To comment the builds, FishDeity has suggested: IMO maxing Tension Relax isn't necessary at all (as well as leveling Endure).

• Tension Relax won't keep you alive if there isn't a healer and if there is one, they are so overpowered that your skill doesn't matter.

• Endure might be useful, but it's still a secret how this reduction affects the damage. You could stall the leveling until you hit ML30.

Maxing Brandish Storm however can be useful, because it increases your damage output by 90% (so lala) and increases your threat level (quite useful !!).

I would consider to max Ymir Form, but only if you can spare the points in your final build. The main reason isn't the damage increase, but the additional speed boost. That comes in handy, if you farm mukas or Osiris temple. Any additional movement speed results in more experience per minute (MPs).

I remember Int being a crazy stat for wars because of battle tactics, and agi is good too.[...] I notice the cap is 50 bonus stats so I did 50 int 25 agi, now I just need to do my master quest which seems hard.

There is no stat cap anymore. When you've reached master level, you can 'buy' up to 100 more points for experience (MPs). Until Battle Tactics gets nerfed, INT will be your main stat, no matter what.  Generally spoken, 100 INT increase your damage by ~10%.

Edited by Greven79, 06 August 2014 - 11:39 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users