Server Maintenance at 2:00 PM PST on Thursday! 7/31 - Page 2 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Maintenance at 2:00 PM PST on Thursday! 7/31

• Please log in to reply
165 replies to this topic

#26 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:42 AM

Remember people! There is a livestream explaining why they are doing this. 

http://www.twitch.tv...tal/b/539777361

#27 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:49 AM

Remember people! There is a livestream explaining why they are doing this.

http://www.twitch.tv...tal/b/539777361

I know and saw. But why locking valor and honor gear :(

Edited by angeltje, 30 July 2014 - 07:50 AM.

#28 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

I know and saw. But why locking valor and honor gear :(

This was explained in the live stream.

Becuse then if a player gets for exempel Chiva Orlean Robe. She/he never needs to get it again becuse he/she can trade it to her/hes mage or battle cleric. Then those two classes '' Jump '' over one step and then maybe another day this girl/boy gives this Chiva Orlean Robe to her/hes friend becuse he/she is a new player. Then that new player jumped over a step. 

When a player gets a new item, she/he can just give it to her/hes friends or to hes/shes other characters and they dont need to hunt for that item and are then '' jumping over a step ''.

This is how I understod it. They explain it better in the live stream.

I loved to trade my gears to my other character but if this making Rose bad, I am willing to give this a chance to help Rose.

#29 coalchamberloco

coalchamberloco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Server:leo

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:09 AM

Not yet, you have till the 7th of August, they become Character Locked when maintenance is done on that date.

The devs could give me till next year and I still wouldn't be able to return the things I have borrowed.  Entire gear sets on my characters belong to other people, just when they log on I toss them back.  Some of these people I wont talk to in game for months.

What really -_- sucks is that I haven't seen anything mentioned in any notes, or on that damn live stream saying that you couldn't unbind honor gear. 

This is why any competent company would have started with new gear to make bound.  Make new level 230 stuff, or new level cap, but it is bound.  But of course they can't add new things to the game with that crew so they have to try to pad existing content. 

#30 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:14 AM

This was explained in the live stream.

Becuse then if a player gets for exempel Chiva Orlean Robe. She/he never needs to get it again becuse he/she can trade it to her/hes mage or battle cleric. Then those two classes '' Jump '' over one step and then maybe another day this girl/boy gives this Chiva Orlean Robe to her/hes friend becuse he/she is a new player. Then that new player jumped over a step. 

When a player gets a new item, she/he can just give it to her/hes friends or to hes/shes other characters and they dont need to hunt for that item and are then '' jumping over a step ''.

This is how I understod it. They explain it better in the live stream.

I loved to trade my gears to my other character but if this making Rose bad, I am willing to give this a chance to help Rose.

if they bound it, it has same effect but then you can get pvp/pvm gear for your other chars too.

#31 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:21 AM

The devs could give me till next year and I still wouldn't be able to return the things I have borrowed.  Entire gear sets on my characters belong to other people, just when they log on I toss them back.  Some of these people I wont talk to in game for months.

What really -_- sucks is that I haven't seen anything mentioned in any notes, or on that damn live stream saying that you couldn't unbind honor gear. 

This is why any competent company would have started with new gear to make bound.  Make new level 230 stuff, or new level cap, but it is bound.  But of course they can't add new things to the game with that crew so they have to try to pad existing content. 

Can you put it on  your storage quick? I guess that wouldn't help much though would it? To be honest, the character locked thing for the Honor/Valor gears came as a surprise to me also. I sort of understand it, but I am not sure that I like it. I tend to use my main to obtain Valor Gears, and sometimes Honor Gears for my alt characters, now, I won't be able to do that.

#32 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:25 AM

if they bound it, it has same effect but then you can get pvp/pvm gear for your other chars too.

It dosent have the same effect. A bounded item to a character can be unbound. So people can still trade their honor/valor armor.

#33 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:31 AM

goodluck newbies .. 

it would take forever for them to gear up

already geared players will slaughter them in game arena

well it's what they consider "fun" i guess.

Edited by kwayan19, 30 July 2014 - 08:38 AM.

#34 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:35 AM

Can you put it on  your storage quick? I guess that wouldn't help much though would it? To be honest, the character locked thing for the Honor/Valor gears came as a surprise to me also. I sort of understand it, but I am not sure that I like it. I tend to use my main to obtain Valor Gears, and sometimes Honor Gears for my alt characters, now, I won't be able to do that.

i do the same and i dont see why it should be locked :p_swt: :p_sad:

i hope so that shaz made a mistake and that is actually bound not locked :wah:

#35 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

• Members
  • 1451 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:37 AM

I think the same as you!  :p_smile:

Edited by Buffiies, 30 July 2014 - 08:37 AM.

#36 WH0MP

WH0MP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

And it seems everyone is against it for one reason or another - but why bother waiting out reactions, let's just make a discussion thread for something that's final like last time ~.~

#37 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:50 AM

And it seems everyone is against it for one reason or another - but why bother waiting out reactions, let's just make a discussion thread for something that's final like last time ~.~

You start. :P

#38 DrunkinMonkey

DrunkinMonkey

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/Slothnessmonst1
  • LocationBrisbane / QLD / Australia (GMT+10)
  • Server:There can be only one :D

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:33 PM

Like Pdfisher and many others I tend to use my main to farm valor points (usually my buffer to make sure there is a cleric in pty) I think these should only be bound once equipped not purchased like most other equipment.

Also I noticed last night I was unable to disassemble my epic gun after it had been character bound... are all bound items like this is the only was of ditching bound items to npc them since almost all low lvl gear is simply not worth unbinding... (including low lvl uniques) can we please disassemble these items once were done with them.

#39 LunaXavier

LunaXavier

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

Ummm...one question about Honor/Valor equips getting locked after obtained, does this mean there would be no buying/selling/trading Valor or Honor equips? ._. You guys should make it at least account bound for the newbies or for people who want to trade or buy from each other :c

#40 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

Tbh i don't understand some of the reactions, maybe somebody would be gentle enoth to explain it to me:

Why would locking honor gears make it harder for newbies?

Like it is now all players who already got a high lvl char simply gear up their alts with honor gears, means older players do only play pvp modes with honor gears, new players however are the ones who play in reinforceds.

Now if honor gears become character locked, it basicly means that older players have to fight on their alts in reinforced gears too, untill they are able to get their own honor set. As a matter effect it would mean that constantly more players would use crafted/farmed gears instead of honor ones = makes it easier for newbies who don't have access to honor gears.

In the end the update means to me that old and new players would be more equal in pvp-modes, beside that it cuts down the p2w philosophy since players can't simply sell IM to get the best pvp gears anymore.

What did i get wrong?

#41 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:09 PM

Tbh i don't understand some of the reactions, maybe somebody would be gentle enoth to explain it to me:

Why would locking honor gears make it harder for newbies?

Like it is now all players who already got a high lvl char simply gear up their alts with honor gears, means older players do only play pvp modes with honor gears, new players however are the ones who play in reinforceds.

Now if honor gears become character locked, it basicly means that older players have to fight on their alts in reinforced gears too, untill they are able to get their own honor set. As a matter effect it would mean that constantly more players would use crafted/farmed gears instead of honor ones = makes it easier for newbies who don't have access to honor gears.

In the end the update means to me that old and new players would be more equal in pvp-modes, beside that it cuts down the p2w philosophy since players can't simply sell IM to get the best pvp gears anymore.

What did i get wrong?

That's pretty much how it seems to me too. The playing field will be more even this way.

#42 Denaomina

Denaomina

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Server:Leo

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:53 PM

I'm not sure how I feel about the change.  It for one will possibly damage the que times which seem rather long for the pvp system since many that use to farm for honor/pvp sets to sell in the market will no longer be farming them for reselling.  On the other side those that like to pvp will surely be there to mass murder those that are not in the pvp sets the game currently offers so its possible it will have more going.  I have doubts though since I will bet after you go there once not in a pvp set you probably will not go there again.

Not sure if I can mention other games so I will not say names.. but their pvp system with gear has it to where you have to earn it like they are trying to do here.  The difference in it though which this game doesn't have is you que into basic ones similar to how this games pvp system is.  Then they have a rated grouping so that those that are geared or grouped with others can go que into which is normally people with end game pvp gear.  This allows for those really geared to be on equal grounds, of course they can always go into the pug type random que's and fight those in all types of gear.

It's hard to say if this is a good change to lock it this way or not.  It does force you to pvp on each character and not use you favorite to gear another, and removes selling ability of any and all pvp/honor gear.  This will add a new market of crafted pve/pvp gear for entry level but also closes another.  I don't build the 3B / 3.5B sets that we currently see selling so that market don't apply to me but I can see how many who do use it as a form of income will not like the char bound defaulted on all the sets.  If this is truly where its going, my suggestion to those that are sitting with sets on a vendor are you better move them to another character that can use them in the future or sell them off pretty quick.

#43 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

Now if honor gears become character locked, it basicly means that older players have to fight on their alts in reinforced gears too, untill they are able to get their own honor set. 

well, all my alts are fully geared so, i'll have a fun time in cd 

#44 MaxMan

MaxMan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationRose Veteran
  • Server:Leonis/Aura

Posted 30 July 2014 - 09:30 PM

bound on costumes and locked on honor/valor gear is a bad  ide and i dont get it still whay thay do it yes i seen the stream but there reson dont pay up in my eyes and to get away from pay to win that thay need to go longer out on the land whit,as i see it this make it more pay to win.

i think valor/honor and costumes shuld be left alone as it was but i guess thats not gona happen.

i had big love for this game this update's gave me heart broken :(

anyways its summer its to hot and now i go and drop in to the pool :D later

#45 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:02 PM

I hate the idea of lock valor and honor so much.
I could accept it if i ateast could buy gear with my cleric for my alts. Make it locked on use or bound pls :(. So i just can get some help with gears from my cleric. Locked on use is fine, but locked after buy is making earning for new chars harder :(. Pls locked on use..

#46 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 31 July 2014 - 02:29 AM

Stage 4 – Honor(PvP), Valor(PvM) Equipment, Unique Quest Rewards

Planned for August 7, 2014*

During this stage, we will be placing Character Locked restriction to Honor, Valor and certain Unique Quest Reward equipment obtained.

Please note; this is not Character Locked on Equip and these items will become locked to whatever character has them in their inventory.
There are some exceptions which are, most consumables will not be restricted, so that they may still be shared amongst allies and team members.

Stage 5 – Event & Item Mall Costumes

Planned for August 14, 2014*

During this final stage, event and Item Mall costumes will be set to Account Bound on Equip. We understand the upset in regards to aspect that Item Mall items are following this restriction along with other costumes. It's widely felt and seen as a move to force sales. It is to keep with the intention and our expectations that such equipment be bound to a proper ownership once equipped.

There is one exception, which is all Item Mall Mounts will become Account Locked on Use. So mounts may be able to be purchased for trade on the Economy Market, but will become locked to the account once used. A reminder that "Locked" items are not affected by the 'Item Unbinder Coupon.'

*Dates are subject to change.

I understand how it all explained in the livestream, and to be honest, I support most of these policies and changes which in the long run will make ROSE more popular and entertaining to play with. Now please read this carefully, on why did I say "most and not at all.

STAGE 4: In the old system, if you have sufficient honor/valor points, you can buy the gears from honor/valor shop and you can also trade/vend it as well. Let's determine the advantages/disadvantages of this old system.

~OLD SYSTEM~

Advantages For the Owner/Other Players:

*If the time comes which you don't need that gear anymore, you can sell it, make trades to others, drop (LOL). Well, other players which have enough zulie can just easily buy those gears and not participate in game arena -.-

Disadvantages at some players:

*This is actually not beneficial to new players in ROSE, example some sellers are over pricing it, also new players look the GA so boring because they saw few players participating it and most of the time, those player who are active in GA are the OLD rose players which dominate the GA.

~NEW SYSTEM~

Advantages For the Owner/Other Players:

*Most players, new or old, will enjoy playing GA now, it will be more populated, thanks to this update.

Disadvantages For the Owner:

*For example, If I farm 5000 points in one day then I bought complete set of Honor Armor Set..well it will become character locked. Now this is where most players complain, I like the idea of character locked once bought but think about this, you work so hard to farm, spend time & exert efforts but once you feel you don't need that gear anymore, you need to do the same passion without gaining in return except for the fact that you benefit using that gear.

I suggest that to compensate for the efforts/passion/time after you buy that gear. It's ok to become character locked but there's an option that you can SELL that gear from where you bought it(Valor or Honor Shop). Well you can sell that gear and you will gain honor/valor points in return but not the same as how many points you bought that gear, of course the value will decrease.

I also have an idea that if this Stage 4 will be implemented as is then please make the valor/honor points which earned at the end of the game become higher than the current rewards. For example, you actually earn 50 valor points if you finish Ulverick, with the new system, make it 75 or its up to you (just an exmaple though).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STAGE 5: Basically this is a great idea except for the fact that If I load 10,000 IM Points in my one account and that account have 3 characters, and If I decided for example to buy 1 complete set of costume, only 1 character will benefit that. Now what if I want dress my other character the same as my one character in the same account, does it mean I need to but that complete set again? This is going to be unfair if you think it so well.  It's fine to become Account bound within 1 unique account which holds many characters but I don't like the idea of Account Bound Per Account Per Character. This is going to be unfair just like me who top up IM Points,

If you insist what you want to implement then please make the price of those IM Sets (Lucky Spin Costumes) become lower.

I really like the idea, those things you explain in the livestream but please listen to your loyal customers, we give feedback just like me and I honestly support to improve this game but make some adjustment at some point.

Thank you and I'm looking forward for the good news :)

God Bless ROSE Team :)

#47 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:08 AM

I suggest that to compensate for the efforts/passion/time after you buy that gear. It's ok to become character locked but there's an option that you can SELL that gear from where you bought it(Valor or Honor Shop). Well you can sell that gear and you will gain honor/valor points in return but not the same as how many points you bought that gear, of course the value will decrease.

just wondering, would you actually use this? I mean once you bought your set, why would you want to npc it?

STAGE 5: Basically this is a great idea except for the fact that If I load 10,000 IM Points in my one account and that account have 3 characters, and If I decided for example to buy 1 complete set of costume, only 1 character will benefit that. Now what if I want dress my other character the same as my one character in the same account, does it mean I need to but that complete set again? This is going to be unfair if you think it so well.  It's fine to become Account bound within 1 unique account which holds many characters but I don't like the idea of Account Bound Per Account Per Character. This is going to be unfair just like me who top up IM Points,

IM costumes will only get account bound once you equipp them, means you should be perfectly fine with gearing multiple accounts.

#48 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 31 July 2014 - 07:20 AM

just wondering, would you actually use this? I mean once you bought your set, why would you want to npc it?

IM costumes will only get account bound once you equipp them, means you should be perfectly fine with gearing multiple accounts.

@first line of you comment:

yes, If time comes that I don't want my Precious Raptor Set and thinking that it just consume space at my storage, I can sell it at NPC Honor shop and earn Honor Points in return. This is actually useful say for example I want to buy luxury diamond accessories but my honor points are not sufficient, at least with this idea, players have the choice to sell their gears/items which they get thru valor or honor shop. Every player has a different taste so not all players are thinking the same as yours and I'm :) I just want to make the game more flexible ;)

@second line of your comment

what I understand from your feedback is it will become Account Bound once it already equipped am i right? But you said it will perfectly fine with gearing multiple accounts, you are making me confuse LOL, once Account Bound, it can't be traded anymore or put in storage.

#49 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

@second line of your comment

what I understand from your feedback is it will become Account Bound once it already equipped am i right? But you said it will perfectly fine with gearing multiple accounts, you are making me confuse LOL, once Account Bound, it can't be traded anymore or put in storage.

What he is saying is that you will be able to buy a costume, and give it to any character that you want, as long as you don't equip it. Once you equip it, it becomes bound. Then you would have to purchase an unbinder coupon from the valor shop to trade it.

#50 johnnozc

johnnozc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 09:22 AM

Honor/Valor sets going locked is stupid - im borrowing my friends set until I get my own..Make it bound not locked wtf - locked on obtain means no trading EVER! Things will never be tradable again? Basically, forced to do game arena on all your characters..

well these is what they want us to do...

.... create a character.....

..... lvl it to the max......

...... join CD and DG for valor points and honor points....

...... buy your own honor and valor set......

...... get everything equip for your char to be strong....

....... and after all everything is there... die die die die die die....

thats it, its all what they wanted us to do, so Lame....

they dont think good before implementing.....

they dont consider consequences, the good and the bad, all they wanted is patch patch patch even the update is so lame....

dont get me wrong guys, but what your showing is what it talks about....

so easy for you to say these and say that because you dont know how it takes and you dont play these game....

honestly in my opinion, your not helping it to get more better, instead ruining everything from the beginning...

effort wasted...the long years of running these server now becomes a garbage...

well its your choice, coz you guys never listen... 

you guys never put your foot on our slippers...

play your game for you to know...

be reasonable.....

make the effort for better not for worst than ever...

Edited by johnnozc, 31 July 2014 - 09:22 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users