8/6 Charles Fort Birthday Maintenance - Page 5 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

8/6 Charles Fort Birthday Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
142 replies to this topic

#101 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:33 AM

Why would they need to access the dbs for their method of obtaining the items? The company selling those items is very well known for their methods on obtaining items and have crushed a few games in the past by selling items that were not obtainable until the area was opened. It's pretty hard for Gravity to stop them with their method but I suppose they try their best.

Edited by needmorezleep, 08 August 2014 - 12:36 AM.

#102 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:12 AM

Haha I knew this will result in a post of you.

Ehm you know that those RMT sites have to get MP/GR cards first, before they can sell it? They can't create them. It has nothing to do with RMT, the cards are already ingame, not because of them.

Maybe they bot in GD/Gr maps too.

It works like that:

1. bots farming cards(very easy on iRO)

2. bots vend cards(very easy on iRO)

3. get billions of zeny(very easy on iRO)

4. Buy MP/GR cards from other people by offering a very good price(they dont care for zeny)

5. Selling MP/GR for USD is much easier than selling zeny.

Or do you want to tell me that iRO has a exploit to create mini boss cards or MVP like tao gunka? Afaik is or was tao gunka on iRO camped by bot for long time.

They are using an exploit to generate them. There's a guy selling 3 hibram cards. Wanna tell me how to farm 3 hibram cards? There's also that video I posted of the guy with the renewal items on this server.

Watch the video and feel free to inform me how I don't know what I'm talking about.

#103 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:43 AM

I wasn't 100% sure about that, thats why tried to get in contact with one of those rmt sites to see for myself. After some time I saw ingame what I needed to see...

However, your evidence would have convinced me from the beginning. Not happy to say that to you, but it seems that I was wrong. A big bot ring made more sense to me than a evil hacker group. Especially I'm surprised from that guild in your video I used to get Pron GD access on classic...

So it's possible to get a mayap for 40bucks and I ask myself why I was camping all the time. hmm :/

#104 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:48 AM

lol 

rip

#105 Skyelover

Skyelover

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:15 AM

They are using an exploit to generate them. There's a guy selling 3 hibram cards. Wanna tell me how to farm 3 hibram cards? There's also that video I posted of the guy with the renewal items on this server.

Watch the video and feel free to inform me how I don't know what I'm talking about.

D: D: D: D: D: D: D:

#106 Greyhame

Greyhame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:16 AM

Now we have a Classic RO server. A new, fresh server, with classic gameplay, could never be so nostalgic as it is now, since we now have the old problems that killed every official RO server for legit players.

Edited by Greyhame, 08 August 2014 - 05:16 AM.

#107 kuyaeze

kuyaeze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:33 AM

oh my.. i never knew kinds of cheats existed. i thought people using illegal 3rd party programs were the worst... but that video... that's just wrong.

#108 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:55 AM

I wasn't 100% sure about that, thats why tried to get in contact with one of those rmt sites to see for myself. After some time I saw ingame what I needed to see...

However, your evidence would have convinced me from the beginning. Not happy to say that to you, but it seems that I was wrong. A big bot ring made more sense to me than a evil hacker group. Especially I'm surprised from that guild in your video I used to get Pron GD access on classic...

So it's possible to get a mayap for 40bucks and I ask myself why I was camping all the time. hmm :/

The guild has nothing to do with it, they invited the guy just so they knew when he was online. They actually asked me to check it out.

The staff have the ability to see where every card has come from. I know for a fact they have been looking into it.

Report the suspicious items/players and they get seen to. It sucks but RO is not the only game having this issue. Many, many games are.

#109 Acowlyte

Acowlyte

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Server:Forum Player

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:15 AM

Oh, all the bRO histories coming back to me. The "myth" of the Clips [Matyr], the Baltus's knight with extra status points, the mass password leaks and all the hues. I'm truly feeling home now.

#110 Greyhame

Greyhame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:50 AM

Suggestion for Oda/Campitor: sell mini-boss/MVP cards and godlies for like 1.000 KP to compete with RMT sites. I've been supporting you guys buying KP since Classic started, but RMT sites have better itens for better prices! $40 for a Maya Purple? I've spent that buying August boxes and only got an Observer.

Who would like MVP/mini-boss cards on Kafra shop like some official servers had it? Let's make a poll of this pls.

#111 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:06 AM

Suggestion for Oda/Campitor: sell mini-boss/MVP cards and godlies for like 1.000 KP to compete with RMT sites. I've been supporting you guys buying KP since Classic started, but RMT sites have better itens for better prices! $40 for a Maya Purple? I've spent that buying August boxes and only got an Observer.

Who would like MVP/mini-boss cards on Kafra shop like some official servers had it? Let's make a poll of this pls.

wow really?

past couple of days we've had someone advocating legimitizing botting and now this.

#112 Acowlyte

Acowlyte

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:13 AM

wow really?

past couple of days we've had someone advocating legimitizing botting and now this.

But that is a pretty good idea!

(He is not being serious).

#113 Greyhame

Greyhame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:32 AM

wow really?

I'm just pointing out they are failing at provinding us the experience we are paying for.

#114 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:39 AM

i wasn't aware that the expected experience was that everyone should end up with mvp/miniboss cards for buying KP.

#115 Chipotle

Chipotle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1146 posts
  • LocationProntera back alley
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:44 AM

i would like some tao gunka and hibrams and megs plz

#116 Greyhame

Greyhame

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:46 AM

I would love it, some MVP cards are really fun to have. I wish I could pay for them, but I would never buy from those sites. I understand that MVP/mini-boss cards for KP can make some people pissed off, but since it already exists ilegally, whats the problem with legit players having them while supporting the server? If they can't stop those sites, thats the best thing they could do.

I'm being just... logical. You know that.

Edited by Greyhame, 08 August 2014 - 07:48 AM.

#117 zRabbit

zRabbit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

go play pRO then

#118 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:46 AM

Like I got two Mayap cards in two days? I dont think they can access gravitys DB without they notice it.... hmm oh I forgot GMs are sometimes really dumb. Makes sense now, sorry ;)

guess what? on iro renewal, bio3 mvps are camped for years. the group that camps it only found 1 or 2 lk card, and yet, lk card was flooded in the market for a while. they CAN create items out of thin air.

#119 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

The only items I know were "created" by accident were from pre renewal era from botched item restores by GMs. I think they created a toolset after that for restores after they realized it was so easy to mess up? or something like that. I have personally held a few so I know they existed/worked

cranial valk armor

clip of dragoon

jacket of inferno(ifrit card, lul)

Not sure how you would manipulate these things unless you could perform a sql injection attack through one of the in game interfaces or something though.

EDIT: i would love to try to do it, don't have time like i used to though to try and break this game anymore qq

Edited by Viri, 08 August 2014 - 01:58 PM.

#120 nilknarf

nilknarf

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 04:14 PM

Fun fact: The name Tobi is backwards for "I bot". S/he's barely even trying to hide it!

#121 Acowlyte

Acowlyte

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:13 PM

Fun fact: The name Tobi is backwards for "I bot". S/he's barely even trying to hide it!

^ This.

Do you guys think it's a coincidence?! You decide.

When are you going to wake up to what the government is doing?

Edited by Acowlyte, 08 August 2014 - 05:14 PM.

#122 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:18 PM

Crap, does that mean people have figured out who I am? My reverse username is still banned or needs mod approval to post (which doesn't happen).

This whole time I thought I was "invisible" to my identity.

#123 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:26 PM

^ This.

Do you guys think it's a coincidence?! You decide.

When are you going to wake up to what the government is doing?

:heh:

#124 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:11 PM

guess what? on iro renewal, bio3 mvps are camped for years. the group that camps it only found 1 or 2 lk card, and yet, lk card was flooded in the market for a while. they CAN create items out of thin air.

You are that fool who didnt read the whole topic, aren't you? I already said that I believe her now. That's enough, fool.

#125 Jayalphy

Jayalphy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 428 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:40 PM

There's so many because people have been buying them off a dumb RMT site... they were doing that before the ACA thing. That's why they needed to be in OCA, so that legit players could be kind of on terms with the illegit ones the GMs can't catch. If you see the S> GR signs they ask you to skype them and they want USD for the items.

I've opened literally thousands of ACAs and only ever gotten 1 mini card (MP) - trust me, ACAs are not the cause of the GR/MP/"MP" flood.

Before you start throwing around random accusations, maybe you should learn a little about what is going on =P

There's this thing called as luck! Maybe you dont know about it, since you havent had any! Just dont give a blind comment just as you got only 1 mini boss card from 1000 aca's!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users