Tiki Tuesday Question Lounge for 8/12 - Bahooka Tiki Lounge - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Tiki Tuesday Question Lounge for 8/12

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
47 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:38 PM

Hoi there Chummers!

The week this 8/12 Question Lounge airs, I’ll be out of the office but please ask your questions in the attached thread anywho.

The subject of this week’s Tiki History is the La Mariana Sailing Club. Oahu’s last surviving vintage Tiki bar, it’s a literal storehouse of vintage Retro-Polynesian (Retronesian) ephemera. When the big restaurants like Trader Vics and Don the Beachcomber closed, La Mariana acquired their decor. I’ll bring back photos!

For the album of the week, this is a vintage album of Hawaiian songs

For the week’s recipe: A simple blended whiskey cocktail, Hawaiian-style.

Cocktail

#2 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1801 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:45 AM

Can you request kRO for a costume version of Galapago Cap?

Yes we can request. 

Could you undo the changes made to Lich Bone Wand during 3/10/2009 maintenance and disable the item in WoE and WoE: TE? Which reminds me, did you guys remember to disable Sightblaster in WoE: TE? ****** staff can be abused if it's enabled `~` Nevermind, forgot that GTB is disabled in WoE: TE and Warlocks cannot enter map for White Imprison!

I am sorry but unfortunately it was decided that for the Lich Bone Wand effect will not change for the foreseeable future. I had to get word from the higher ups before I could say one way or another.

Edited by Campitor, 12 August 2014 - 02:33 PM.

#3 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:13 AM

from the maint thread it appears that grandma boxter isn't automatically updated to give out the new boxes; when will this be done so people with excess brownie points can use them?

This was done last maintenance for renewal it will be done this week for classic

#4 Yggdrasil13

Yggdrasil13

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 03:58 PM

from the maint thread it appears that grandma boxter isn't automatically updated to give out the new boxes; when will this be done so people with excess brownie points can use them?

Changed already.

#5 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:07 PM

excellent.

#6 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:31 PM

Regarding stasis over walls, did you guys clarify it was going over real solid walls in castles that you cannot cast over? Maybe they think it's working as intended because they think you guys are referring to ledges you can cast over?

Yes we are aware of your concerns with stasis and we do bring up the topic to kRO often.

Also, is USRC happening? We're getting less and less time to practice s:

It was announced in this week's this week in ragnarok and we will be posting a thread about it.

#7 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 07 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

Can we have DBs disabled in South Prontera again along with Hocus Pocus... there are certain players (http://forums.warppo...s-pront-please/) who have nothing better to do with their time than use Dead Branches to kill other players... this past week ive had to kill several Biolabs monsters and Drake on this map... this is now supposed to be the training grounds and yet we have very high level monsters and even MVPs wandering around killing people... not a friendly way to be greeted into a aging game with a fairly low population...

Already Slated for next week

Edited by Campitor, 07 August 2014 - 03:23 PM.

#8 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:18 PM

Can you request kRO for a costume version of Galapago Cap?

Could you undo the changes made to Lich Bone Wand during 3/10/2009 maintenance and disable the item in WoE and WoE: TE?

+1 Unnerf lich bone wand! kro never changed this gear, just disable it in woe and restore its old effect, iro custom nerf sucks :/

Suggestion: Could it be possible to create an npc that exchanges yggdrasilberry (full hp/sp restore) to unripe ygg (20% hp only) OR dried ygg (20% sp only) on a 1:5 ratio? Something like the ore downgrading quest, but for yggdrasilberry.

Maybe, however there needs to be some value lost when exchanging,

#9 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 10 August 2014 - 02:17 AM

Selamat pagi Oda san.

could you fix/change the behaviour of wind walker skill to not disappear when we change map server?
it is not lost when i walk from geffen to geffen fields, but it will lost if i tele from geffen to prontera. sometimes it is pain to cast it over and over again. why geneticist cart boost effect stays after map server change while wind walker doesnt.

Unfortunately this is up to kRO however we can ask.

terima kasih oda

Edited by Campitor, 12 August 2014 - 01:26 PM.

#10 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:45 AM

+1 Unnerf lich bone wand! kro never changed this gear,

that might be because kRO didn't abuse it the way we did :p_sick:

Edited by Jaye, 10 August 2014 - 04:45 AM.

#11 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:06 AM

Can we have DBs disabled in South Prontera again along with Hocus Pocus... there are certain players (http://forums.warppo...s-pront-please/) who have nothing better to do with their time than use Dead Branches to kill other players... this past week ive had to kill several Biolabs monsters and Drake on this map... this is now supposed to be the training grounds and yet we have very high level monsters and even MVPs wandering around killing people... not a friendly way to be greeted into a aging game with a fairly low population...

Already Slated for next week

Maybe we should have a voting or something first? I didn't see many people complaining in that topic, like 2 or 3. I'm sure a lot of people would vote against such actions.

Also... Drake?? On that map??

#12 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:11 AM

http://irowiki.org/wiki/Hocus-pocus

Hocus Pocus

Also... Drake?? On that map??

#13 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 06:37 AM

Wow, I didn't know it's usable there. Ok I admit, that should be blocked, but please leave dead branches as they are.

When I returned to this game, first place I went to was sPront. And I was so happy dead-branching mayhem was there on this server too.)

Edited by belenoi, 10 August 2014 - 06:38 AM.

#14 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:52 AM

why is stasis usable on PVM maps? it just adds another level of harassment... twice now ive had WL use stasis on pvm maps and im stuck not being able to use skills... when dealing with monsters the last thing players need is somebody disabling their skills... Does kRO not have trolls? or do they take harassment seriously enough that players wont use these skills on other players in PVM? stasis, chaos panic, bloodylust, manhole, spirit sphere absorption, sheltering bliss, ice wall can and are used to harass other players and yet nothing is done about the players who abuse the skills... there is NO reason for a player to use icewall on a portal... there is no reason to cast stasis on other players in pvm, there is no reason to cast bloody lust on casters classes, theres no reason to cast chaos panic on players at all... and yet if you report players abusing these skills nothing is done... why is harassment not taken seriously?

It should be taken seriously if it is not it needs to be addressed with the GM team. Can yuou provide campitor ticket numbers via PM?

#15 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 August 2014 - 05:36 PM

why is stasis usable on PVM maps? it just adds another level of harassment... twice now ive had WL use stasis on pvm maps and im stuck not being able to use skills... when dealing with monsters the last thing players need is somebody disabling their skills... Does kRO not have trolls? or do they take harassment seriously enough that players wont use these skills on other players in PVM? stasis, chaos panic, bloodylust, manhole, spirit sphere absorption, sheltering bliss, ice wall can and are used to harass other players and yet nothing is done about the players who abuse the skills... there is NO reason for a player to use icewall on a portal... there is no reason to cast stasis on other players in pvm, there is no reason to cast bloody lust on casters classes, theres no reason to cast chaos panic on players at all... and yet if you report players abusing these skills nothing is done... why is harassment not taken seriously?

i just want to point out that ur profile pic is very disturbing. 

#16 Yggdrasil13

Yggdrasil13

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:20 PM

Why not?Stasis works against bosses too and I do use it sometime against EQ MVPs.

And it's very efficient in killing bots without wing but only creamy clip LOL

I don't really see people using skills that you mentioned to harass others, is it like someone's after you or something?

Edited by Yggdrasil13, 10 August 2014 - 07:22 PM.

#17 Yggdrasil13

Yggdrasil13

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 07:25 PM

Q1. Is it possible to implement a PvP map that is 99>only?We need a place to practice TE characters. Maybe

Q2. jRO's new costumes are very attractive. Could you guys please ask them if we can introduce those to iRO? Once the waiting period is over we will ask for them,

Q3. I'm very sorry but another thing from jRO. The Puzzle & Dragon collaboration maps and mobs (this and that) looks very nice. Could you again ask jRO if we can get that patch too? Gungho launched the English P&D on US app/playstore not so long ago and they desperately need advertisement here. Maybe WP can take some advantage of this fact and get this little fun update! We are working on getting it.

Edited by Campitor, 12 August 2014 - 01:29 PM.

#18 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

Why not?Stasis works against bosses too and I do use it sometime against EQ MVPs.

And it's very efficient in killing bots without wing but only creamy clip LOL

I don't really see people using skills that you mentioned to harass others, is it like someone's after you or something?

some of these skills tho shouldnt effect other players in pvm maps tho.... especially when people are using Dead branches... its bad enough you have players casting pneuma and healing the monsters but then you get stasis cast and nobody can cast any skill... skills like stasis effecting other players who are in the area essentially makes all classes who rely on their skills for survival or killing sitting ducks... maybe i just have bad luck when it comes to running into jerks in game.... or maybe the jerk population is rising...

Edited by Facekiller, 10 August 2014 - 08:39 PM.

#19 Yggdrasil13

Yggdrasil13

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 08:46 PM

some of these skills tho shouldnt effect other players in pvm maps tho.... especially when people are using Dead branches... its bad enough you have players casting pneuma and healing the monsters but then you get stasis cast and nobody can cast any skill... skills like stasis effecting other players who are in the area essentially makes all classes who rely on their skills for survival or killing sitting ducks... maybe i just have bad luck when it comes to running into jerks in game.... or maybe the jerk population is rising...

Those rectum lickers has been there all the time so try look at the better people more lol

You've been quite negative recently, take a break or something.

#20 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

Those rectum lickers has been there all the time so try look at the better people more lol

You've been quite negative recently, take a break or something.

i dont think im being negative... im just trying to work towards a positive change for the community... i want this game to survive and i want more players to join... i think the first step is improving the overall image of those in the community and that of the staff... the staff needs to show they are able to deal with the troublemakers quickly and effectively... the community itself needs to decide what direction they are willing to go... do we want to be a community of cheaters, botters, and trolls, or do we want to be a community known for fair play, hard work, and solidarity? the perception of new players will help determine if this game keeps going or dies off... so we should work to be the best we can be so that others will want to join us and stay

#21 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:20 AM

i dont think im being negative... im just trying to work towards a positive change for the community... i want this game to survive and i want more players to join... i think the first step is improving the overall image of those in the community and that of the staff... the staff needs to show they are able to deal with the troublemakers quickly and effectively... the community itself needs to decide what direction they are willing to go... do we want to be a community of cheaters, botters, and trolls, or do we want to be a community known for fair play, hard work, and solidarity? the perception of new players will help determine if this game keeps going or dies off... so we should work to be the best we can be so that others will want to join us and stay

You want to make different game from this one. It's an online game, you know. Harassment, insults, griefing will be here forever. I don't want to say you don't need to report them. But if you can't stand it - better find singleplayer game or play with friends only.

Edited by belenoi, 11 August 2014 - 01:21 AM.

#22 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 07:05 AM

Because I'm sure most people on KRO have their one or two accounts and it's difficult to make new ones. There's only so many SSNs!

#23 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:20 AM

Is there any way we could make it so that 3rd job classes are not able to go into the Low TI?  They don't really belong there, and it's causing a lot of problems because many people are DBing up maps like Paros Lighthouse in order to rapidly kill themselves and lose exp, specifically so they can stay in the Low TI as 3rd job.

The turn ins are restricted by base level if they are being abusive please submit a ticket. IF the ticket doesn't work please contact Warnhal/campitor via PM on the forums.

I know you guys just got the update, but do you have any idea if the Faceworm Queen's Leg [2] is included?  I've been wanting that dagger for years.

The instance is there not sure about items yet. Haven't has much of a chance to peek inside yet.

Edited by Campitor, 12 August 2014 - 01:31 PM.

#24 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:01 AM

You want to make different game from this one. It's an online game, you know. Harassment, insults, griefing will be here forever. I don't want to say you don't need to report them. But if you can't stand it - better find singleplayer game or play with friends only.

i can stand it... but why should we? im not trying to make the game different im trying to make it more appealing so we can bring in more players that are wiling to stay... i want this game to keep going and there are a handful of players who only play to harass others... what is there to keep new players playing when they can be constantly harassed via skills dead branches and verbal assault? sure players can send in tickets but i think the reason most player dont is due to the way the ticket system is set up... you have to make a separate account and send in a report only to wait a few days to be told they will look into it but cant tell you if they are actually going to do anything.... thats kinda frustrating... and in the meantime the harasser gets to walk around and continue causing trouble... if people really want this game to keep going they need to think about others as well as themselves...

#25 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 09:36 AM

Is there any way we could make it so that 3rd job classes are not able to go into the Low TI?  They don't really belong there, and it's causing a lot of problems because many people are DBing up maps like Paros Lighthouse in order to rapidly kill themselves and lose exp, specifically so they can stay in the Low TI as 3rd job.

This. Low ti should be 70 - 98 or something. Less KSing and people will understand their skills better when they don't have 3rd classes to rely on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users