Patch Notes v518(519) - Page 3 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v518(519)

• Please log in to reply
113 replies to this topic

#51 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:08 AM

Tbh i hated the update too. But after leonis explained it to me i can accept it. Stop complaining and move on. It isn't that bad.

#52 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:12 AM

I just literally had to clean up half of posts in this thread due to Personal attacks, direct insults to the game and development team, people finding ways to bypass the word filter and more.

We understand that everyone has their opinions about the latest update and updates coming BUT you NEED to have constructive backing to your statements. Calling a fellow player an "idiot" or something in that vein does NOT help your argument you are trying to push.

So please keep the feedback constructive and valid. The next insult I see posed to another player will have a 24 hour suspension on the forums.

Thank you.

#53 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:14 AM

I just literally had to clean up half of posts in this thread due to Personal attacks, direct insults to the game and development team, people finding ways to bypass the word filter and more.

We understand that everyone has their opinions about the latest update and updates coming BUT you NEED to have constructive backing to your statements. Calling a fellow player an "idiot" or something in that vein does NOT help your argument you are trying to push.

So please keep the feedback constructive and valid. The next insult I see posed to another player will have a 24 hour suspension on the forums.

Thank you.

Thanks shaz :D

#54 HermyoneBr

HermyoneBr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationBrasil - Santa Catarina
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:30 AM

I think we have to adapt to the changes and not complain so much, they came for a good reason they would not do anything without thinking and analyzing long before, I already played in several roseon, and honestly this is the only place I see the administration be so caring and concerned about the players with several smart updates, these changes will make many lazy players who think they already have all come back to play and not sit still as trees taking root in Junon. :)

#55 TyyTy

TyyTy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:58 AM

Thank you.

oh so you only deleted the posts directed at your precious class reps?

#56 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:20 AM

oh so you only deleted the posts directed at your precious class reps?

I left the posts that had some feedback regarding about the actual update. Whether it was by a Forum user or Class Rep. 

#57 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

So.  Can't Consume, NPC, Vend, Trade, Store any of my dusty jewels. Can I Haz consume inventory spot back pls.

#58 Furerum

Furerum

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 11 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:13 AM

• All Honor(PvP), Valor(PvM) Equipment, and some Unique Quest Rewards are now set to Character Lock on Acquire.

Are you serious?!!!!!

Ok, this patch gave me cancer, thank you for getting stuck 4 sets in one of my chars i was using as tests.

Do you think we will spend money and more time acquiring more equipment for the other chars and then refine them? we don't have all the money and time as others, I cannot farm what i can of that gears with the time i got and do tests on several chars because you take that lame decision to lock it in a single char, EVERYBODY do tests for their builds with different sets, now you are limiting us even more than before, first the account bound on equip items, it was very very frustrating, but at least there was still a way to unbound them, but with these "locked on aquire" is just extreme, no way to change it back, no way to test, no freedom.

Edited. 

Edited by ShazamO, 08 August 2014 - 04:35 PM.

#59 beachbabyc

beachbabyc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia, USA

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:38 PM

So.  Can't Consume, NPC, Vend, Trade, Store any of my dusty jewels. Can I Haz consume inventory spot back pls.

IKR?!?!

#60 beachbabyc

beachbabyc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:41 PM

Are you serious?!!!!!

Ok, this patch gave me cancer, thank you for getting stuck 4 sets in one of my chars i was using as tests.

Do you think we will spend money and more time acquiring more equipment for the other chars and then refine them? we don't have all the money and time as others, I cannot farm what i can of that gears with the time i got and do tests on several chars because you take that lame decision to lock it in a single char, EVERYBODY do tests for their builds with different sets, now you are limiting us even more than before, first the account bound on equip items, it was very very frustrating, but at least there was still a way to unbound them, but with these "locked on aquire" is just extreme, no way to change it back, no way to test, no freedom.

Edited. 

I totally feel your frustration, I hate the changes..... and I see more and more of my friends quitting because of them, they too say its too extreme.... 

#61 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 08 August 2014 - 07:08 PM

Are you serious?!!!!!

Edited. 

I totally feel your frustration, I hate the changes..... and I see more and more of my friends quitting because of them, they too say its too extreme.... 

This was announced ahead of time on various avenues.

#62 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:14 PM

If you have completed the quest before, you could submit a ticket to have the other Dusty Jewel items removed from your character.  The quest can only be completed once, and the item no longer drops if you already have one or have completed the quest before, so those surplus items are no longer useful to that character.

#63 rageTGLS

rageTGLS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:53 PM

Being announced ahead of time doesn't mean some of these changes are correct, the honor gears being locked without you binding them is insane, really surprised they are letting that stay.

#64 beachbabyc

beachbabyc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 01:10 AM

Being announced ahead of time doesn't mean some of these changes are correct, the honor gears being locked without you binding them is insane, really surprised they are letting that stay.

Ditto  :-/

#65 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 02:29 AM

Ditto  :-/

That may be, but everyone had time to prepare for it.

#66 Mullemaus

Mullemaus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationSore wa himitsu desu ^^

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:06 AM

Still a stupid decision to do this in summertime. Many people are on vacation and maybe didn`t had the time for Rose or even didn't saw the announcements cause of vacation.

#67 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 09 August 2014 - 06:15 AM

Vacation for 5 weeks? Scratch that, 7 weeks> [2 week testing period on pegasus] which everyone heard about the bindings even back then. So 7 weeks to prep, with announcements on all media sites Gravity has [Twitter, FB, Forums, WP Site, RO Official Site and the Patcher. If you messed it up at that point it's your fault, hell even I forgot to move a few items, one being a very expensive ring, but you don't here me complaining, it was my fault, I'll deal with it. 

#68 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 08:02 AM

Topic has been cleaned.
Please keep comments about the Patch notes.

Flaming other Forum users is not tolerated on these Forums.
Be it by Forum post, or by the Forums private message system.
If either instance happens, there is a report feature that can and should be used.

#69 Draquora

Draquora

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

Why can't the dusty jewels be sellable to npc:s. It wouldn't interfere with the locking of them

#70 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:00 AM

Why can't the dusty jewels be sellable to npc:s. It wouldn't interfere with the locking of them

You can't? I remember selling mine to the npc's for 40k each after I was done with the quest. Haven't done it in months though, so it might have been changed.

Edited by jerremy, 09 August 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#71 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:52 AM

Because it is now a one shot thing, and they would hate for you to lose that one chance at getting the item.

#72 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:03 PM

Honestly, I knew it was coming but not the exact date. I thought I had another week or so--neglected to use my honor points.  I know its my fault, but I either frequent the forums a lot.. or not at all.  Not everyone follows the forums.. just like its going to suck for everyone coming back.  Had someone from clan pop in yesterday to see how things were-- doubt he'll be back after he saw that.    Just because it happens doesn't mean people have to like it.. And they are entitled to share that with the developers as much as you guys are trying to support them.    some of the people you see posting here, I dont see posting all the times..Whereas So i imagine they are in the boat where they may not know about changes until they happen. 

And for the record.  I may check the forums..  but I certainly don't check the Facebook... Didn't know we had a twitter... Hardly read the patcher unless theres a fun picture to go with it..

Someone asked for in game announcements, might have seen those(well minus those people who might have been on hiatus..)  but they didn't happen. :/

#73 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 August 2014 - 12:20 PM

I do not think it is matter for the general population whether it is announced multiple times or not. An extreme update is still an extreme update, regardless of when and where the DEV team announced it.

#74 rosetyrants

rosetyrants

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:47 PM

Something being announced doesnt mean it must be applied, people still DO tests on many sets, I jsut did tests on some chars with few sets and still needed to do it with more... now i can't, if you think on adding something to the game, for god sake let it stay for all the time like that! not just BOOM change after people made their ways to play.

lol i got banned on my other forums account for expressing myself, post and and signature, thank you for that!

#75 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

Honestly, I knew it was coming but not the exact date. I thought I had another week or so--neglected to use my honor points.  I know its my fault, but I either frequent the forums a lot.. or not at all.  Not everyone follows the forums.. just like its going to suck for everyone coming back.  Had someone from clan pop in yesterday to see how things were-- doubt he'll be back after he saw that.    Just because it happens doesn't mean people have to like it.. And they are entitled to share that with the developers as much as you guys are trying to support them.    some of the people you see posting here, I dont see posting all the times..Whereas So i imagine they are in the boat where they may not know about changes until they happen. 

And for the record.  I may check the forums..  but I certainly don't check the Facebook... Didn't know we had a twitter... Hardly read the patcher unless theres a fun picture to go with it..

Someone asked for in game announcements, might have seen those(well minus those people who might have been on hiatus..)  but they didn't happen. :/

And so you proved, that they did pretty much what they could. If a player doesn't take the time to check out what is going on with a game he plays, then he shouldn't be surprised when things change. If a player is taking a break, or quits, then he should't expect the game to remain static. Not everyone will get this I know, but it is not the devs fault, and seems silly to me to blame them. This has been in the works for months, so there was plenty of time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users