Why No PVP Server on iRO? - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Why No PVP Server on iRO?

• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#51 bloodyrascal

bloodyrascal

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2543 posts
  • Location.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:42 PM

Perhaps some better promotion of the PvP rooms should happen.

For example, ZeroT can volunteer to become an event host to host PvP tournaments on renewal and classic. Hosting a PvP related event every week or month is good enough to promote PvP on server. Such events may also attract players who have tried PvP.

#52 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:21 PM

lol update our server 6 months behind kro yes ? no?

ANYBODY :)

#53 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:26 PM

PvP server would definitely make MVPing more interesting, lol.

#54 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:32 PM

another thing worth noting is that, the pvp idea might attract new players 

#55 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:48 PM

Talking about renewal, you won't expect a first, second or trans class player to start right away with PvP. By the time a player changes job to 3rd class on his first character, he would probably have spent a lot of time playing this game and that should be enough for a player to realise that there is a PvP system in game. Moreover, now that there are 3 WoEs happening per week on renewal, it will definitely give an idea to any player who is interested in PvP that it does exist.

I've actually encountered 1st Class players that want to PVP, but were disappointed that they could only PVP in special rooms. They thought RO would have a duel system like other MMORPGs. So it's not that farfetched, those players do exist.

another thing worth noting is that, the pvp idea might attract new players

That's what I've been saying...

#56 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:50 PM

its kinda different between PVP room and PVP server. i support this idea tho i wont join that, only to move griefer jerks to a server that able to satisfy them
its kinda different between PVP room and PVP server. i support this idea tho i wont join that, only to move griefer jerks to a server that able to satisfy them

#57 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

Perhaps some better promotion of the PvP rooms should happen.

Add PVP to the Guide NPC? That should be enough promotion.

#58 Memoir

Memoir

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1744 posts
  • Server:EternalLove

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:01 PM

For example, ZeroT can volunteer to become an event host to host PvP tournaments on renewal and classic. Hosting a PvP related event every week or month is good enough to promote PvP on server. Such events may also attract players who have tried PvP.

A good way for advertising. There are some people in the community that does this sometimes. Like capture the baby, or MVP summoning in PVP room.lol

Edited by Memoir, 08 August 2014 - 03:03 PM.

#59 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

the problem i have with the current pvp system is that players can buff themselves outside of the pvp arena using alts and that 90% of teh time when you enter pvp its one big party killing any new player who enters... make PVP strip ALL buffs when entering the arena and disable party play in pvp... sure it wont stop players from grouping up to attack people but they have to be careful of aoes and some skills wont be usable...

#60 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:12 PM

Or you could just... make friends?

#61 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:14 PM

Or you could just... make friends?

Who are you and what have you done to the real Viri?

#62 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

I think you misinterpreted my sh*t talking as something polite or something weird.

#63 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

Add PVP to the Guide NPC? That should be enough promotion.

Do people actually use those NPCs?

#64 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:30 PM

I think you misinterpreted my sh*t talking as something polite or something weird.

Oh good, I was getting worried.

#65 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 August 2014 - 03:35 PM

the problem i have with the current pvp system is that players can buff themselves outside of the pvp arena using alts and that 90% of teh time when you enter pvp its one big party killing any new player who enters... make PVP strip ALL buffs when entering the arena and disable party play in pvp... sure it wont stop players from grouping up to attack people but they have to be careful of aoes and some skills wont be usable...

well,i kill everybody who touch me or i try to kill .

the buff outside is really really stupid,i hate this *****

#66 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:58 PM

Zero, please tell me you didn't make this thread with the South Prontera fiasco in mind......

#67 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:02 PM

Zero, please tell me you didn't make this thread with the South Prontera fiasco in mind......

Please, this is something I've been wondering since they opened Yggdrasil server back in the day. With the escalating hostility towards newbies, I just figured I'd bring this up again.

#68 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:11 PM

Please, this is something I've been wondering since they opened Yggdrasil server back in the day. With the escalating hostility towards newbies, I just figured I'd bring this up again.

I see.

But come on now Zero. With all your experience in this game and knowing how long you've had to deal with WP staff and RO players, you didn't really believe something like this would work. Come on, just think about it now. I figured most of the commenters on this thread now would have given you plenty of reasons by now. I can see that you're either hoping for or expecting a lot out of the WP staff on enabling something like this.

I can see you remembered what happened to Yggdrasil server right? To this day, it's still the best server I've played on. You see the route that went....Sigh

Some of the pros of a PvP server are good, but there are just too many cons at the moment. Even on the regular servers. Think about how many would be on the PvP server, which I'm expecting to have a very low population if it was to pop off. At least Ygg had a close knit community.

#69 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:36 PM

I see.

But come on now Zero. With all your experience in this game and knowing how long you've had to deal with WP staff and RO players, you didn't really believe something like this would work. Come on, just think about it now. I figured most of the commenters on this thread now would have given you plenty of reasons by now. I can see that you're either hoping for or expecting a lot out of the WP staff on enabling something like this.

I can see you remembered what happened to Yggdrasil server right? To this day, it's still the best server I've played on. You see the route that went....Sigh

Some of the pros of a PvP server are good, but there are just too many cons at the moment. Even on the regular servers. Think about how many would be on the PvP server, which I'm expecting to have a very low population if it was to pop off. At least Ygg had a close knit community.

Well no one thought WP would open a pre-Renewal server and plenty of people listed the cons for that as well, but now we have Classic. So I don't see why we shouldn't try a PVP server at least if they were willing to chance Yggdrasil and Classic. We've already catered plenty to PVM players, why not try reaching out to PVP players? (Who knows, maybe a close-knit community can form on a PVP server as well with the survival mentality it would provide.)

Since kRO won't give us updates, we need something new to draw people in and I think a PVP server could do the job.

#70 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 09:49 PM

Well no one thought WP would open a pre-Renewal server and plenty of people listed the cons for that as well, but now we have Classic. So I don't see why we shouldn't try a PVP server at least if they were willing to chance Yggdrasil and Classic. We've already catered plenty to PVM players, why not try reaching out to PVP players? (Who knows, maybe a close-knit community can form on a PVP server as well with the survival mentality it would provide.)

Since kRO won't give us updates, we need something new to draw people in and I think a PVP server could do the job.

Come on now Zero with the naivety. Look at the state Classic is in. And Yggdrasil was nowhere near the state Classic is in now. Can't even compare those two.

With a PvP server starting at this point in time though, I don't know if I would blame WP's management of it or the players on its downfall. I have a feeling it would fail badly considering the history of iRO if they were to start one.

I think better game management(outside of updates since that's all up to kRO) would draw more people in or bring more people back to the game, rather than a PvP server. If new players can't handle dead branch mobs when there are ways to avoid them, how would they handle players attacking them in a PvP server?

#71 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:28 PM

Well when you join a pvp server you should expect to be attacked at any time

#72 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:50 PM

Come on now Zero with the naivety. Look at the state Classic is in. And Yggdrasil was nowhere near the state Classic is in now. Can't even compare those two.

With a PvP server starting at this point in time though, I don't know if I would blame WP's management of it or the players on its downfall. I have a feeling it would fail badly considering the history of iRO if they were to start one.

I think better game management(outside of updates since that's all up to kRO) would draw more people in or bring more people back to the game, rather than a PvP server. If new players can't handle dead branch mobs when there are ways to avoid them, how would they handle players attacking them in a PvP server?

A PVP server will have safe zones.

http://irowiki.org/wiki/PK_Servers

With higher EXP and drop rates, players would be able to level up fast enough to be able to handle other players. Added Gramps TIs and the Bounty Boards system would increase the level up rate even more. And since players can't kill anyone who's Level 60 and under and 1st Classes, the PKing won't be that extreme. Players will have plenty of opportunities to get strong enough to handle other players.

People have been decrying Renewal because it doesn't provide enough of a challenge. So why not give them that challenge in the form of a Renewal PVP server?

#73 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:53 PM

i can see people QQing about being KSed when killing players lol

#74 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 10:56 PM

i can see people QQing about being KSed when killing players lol

Facekiller, if you can get your entire Ninja guild to surround me and kill me like how it happens in anime, I would be one happy camper. :U

#75 SuperScar

SuperScar

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 11:14 PM

I think playing in a PVP server would be fun like if youre a newbie leveling minding your own bussines wishing that some sin isnt near and tries to kill you and then you run into one and you engage in a epic battle !

(and he kills you)

:p_swt: 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users