• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 limeruby

limeruby

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:55 PM

I've been looking online and I can't find a thread on what to put in the skill tree of a DPS Sorcerer.

Also, if I remember from RO1, you get a stat bonus for every 10 stats allocated and I was wondering if it's the same in this game.

Thanks.

#2 xMagik

xMagik

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 440 posts
  • LocationLimbo
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 10 August 2014 - 09:50 PM

umm no? i haven't play sorc in ro1 

here you get 1 skill/level, plus after you get you master level you can buy 20 more skill points with master points

for feedback on skills allocation you can refer to this topic: http://forums.warppo...sorcerer/page-3 

#3 Bensch

Bensch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:50 AM

Dont go full support or full dps its a bad idea. Sorcs in ro2 are popular for dealing damage and healing both at the sametime. Therefore, you will need to max out your 3 buffs (except the fire buff) then max out your lightning combo with frost diver (except thunder storm and lightening bolt (this one is depending on ur shock %) ) then the rest stats goes to ur single and aoe heals.

#4 Bensch

Bensch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 11:16 AM

Oh dont forget to max the fireball :)

#5 kkusagami

kkusagami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 03:19 PM

Dont go full support or full dps its a bad idea. Sorcs in ro2 are popular for dealing damage and healing both at the sametime. Therefore, you will need to max out your 3 buffs (except the fire buff) then max out your lightning combo with frost diver (except thunder storm and lightening bolt (this one is depending on ur shock %) ) then the rest stats goes to ur single and aoe heals.

I have tested with my fire emblem and wind emblem,and the result i have got is fire emblem dps is faster than wind emblem,i killed osiris with wind emblem at around 10min ,while fire emblem halve the time. From my experience,Wind emblem only suitable for low hp monster farming while fire emblem is specialize for long hp monster farming due to the proc chance ,here is my sorc build.

http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

#6 Bensch

Bensch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 04:18 AM

I have tested with my fire emblem and wind emblem ,and the result i have got is fire emblem dps is faster than wind emblem,i killed osiris with wind emblem at around 10min ,while fire emblem halve the time. From my experience,Wind emblem only suitable for low hp monster farming while fire emblem is specialize for long hp monster farming due to the proc chance ,here is my sorc build.

http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

uhmm. Thats weird cuz varetyr and jupitel does more damage more than fire skills when wind emblem procs but lets say u were right, raid and pvp wise u want to get lightning combos to stun people also if ur doing raid in a party u dont want to over write wizard fireball dot cuz their dot do more damage cuz of their high matk than sorcs.

Edited by Bensch, 12 August 2014 - 05:51 AM.

#7 kkusagami

kkusagami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:15 AM

uhmm. Thats weird cuz varetyr and jupitel does more damage more than fire skills when wind emblem procs but lets say u were right, raid and pvp wise u want to get lightning combos to stun people also if ur doing raid in a party u dont want to over write wizard fireball dot cuz their dot do more damage cuz of their high matk than sorcs.

yes,that's why going wind and fire emblem to overcome your situation,JT one shot can deal 50-100k damage on monster,but u calculate the cd ,cast time and the proc chance,it's losing the fire emblem.If you partying with wizard,then you go for wind emblem.I don't like pvp ,so i don't go for pvp,i don't know how the pvp works ,so maybe you explain to the TC.

#8 Bensch

Bensch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 06:39 AM

Well if u get both fire and wind u will sacrifice ur heal skills.. which is not good.
P.s. what is TC?

Edited by Bensch, 12 August 2014 - 06:40 AM.

#9 kkusagami

kkusagami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

Well if u get both fire and wind u will sacrifice ur heal skills.. which is not good.
P.s. what is TC?

TC = Topic Creator

You see properly,i have fire,wind,earth seal max.My LOR heals 4k per 2sec and deluge 10k per 2 sec at lv1 ,how can you call my heal not good?

#10 xMagik

xMagik

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 440 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:20 PM

it's not that your heals are not good, tho i would put more points in rejuv

i also tested fire vs wind but i do more dmg with wind, like bensch said

fireball is a dot, you only need to shoot it once every 10s (in a case wiz is not there, cause if it is it sucks that you overwrite his bigger dot dmg)

with JT mastery at 3 and max cold bolt, max jt, max vs and max fireball + wind emblem i do the most dmg in pve

#11 kkusagami

kkusagami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:00 PM

In my case ,it's like the proc happening chance is higher than wind proc,5 sec instant firebolt without cd and cast time and proc again free firebolt x5 and fireball instant ,and the proc keeps continou over and over.You might see the differences when you try killing osiris or anubis,in before i was going the same build as xMagiK was before the equipment balancing patch.

Conclusion,maybe the luck of the proc chances are different,so it's kinda hard to say which build is stronger.Please don't discuss about Wizard class,we are on Sorcerer class,i am just to clarify what i have found with my build after tested 10 times of skill reset within 3 months.

#12 xMagik

xMagik

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 440 posts
  • LocationLimbo

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:40 PM

of course, everyone should play the build that they are confortable with 

we mentioned wiz having a party/scenario in mind, not only solo pve, it's not really a wiz class discussion

#13 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 04:25 AM

Bigger numbers aren't always a sign for a higher damage total (DPS).

The Crest effect creates the most important damage boost from both the Wind and the Fire Emblem. The +20% cast speed bonus of the Wind Emblem can't result in more than a ~7% overall DPS increase and it's the same for the 10% MATK bonus of the Fire Emblem.

For the crest effect, it's either double damage for the next 4 Lightning skills or a full bypass of the casting time for any Fire skill within the next 5sec. For the latter, eliminating the casting time CAN result in "twice as many" skills being cast, if you assume an average casting time of 1sec to start with.

So it could be twice as many vs. twice as effective.

Finally, it's also a matter of the general DPS value that triggers the crest effect:

DPS with 40% cast speed:

Firebolt: 683% damage; 0.6sec casting time = 427% DPS

Cold Bolt: 383% damage; 0.3sec casting time = 294% DPS

Casting a Cold Bolt to trigger the Crest effect of the Wind Emblem already reduces your DPS (~30% decrease).

Jupitel T.: 896% damage, 1.2sec casting time = 407% DPS

Fireball: 784% damage, 1.2sec casting time = 356% DPS (only the initial damage)

Lightn. Bolt: 305% damage; no casting time = 305% DPS

Preferring a Jupitel Thunder over a Firebolt wouldn't make sense unless you could increase the DPS output somehow (freeze state or JT Mastery). The JT Mastery doesn't do anything better than a Fireball Mastery and that's why it cannot be used as an argument. The freeze state is included in the above discussion.

I can't really prove, whether the "10min with Wind Emblem; half as much with Fire Emblem" statement is true or not, but it sounds reasonable.

Edited by Greven79, 13 August 2014 - 05:42 AM.

#14 Bensch

Bensch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:57 AM

So i reseted my skill last night and tested fire vs wind while killing woe guardian leader and friend priest. I was able to kill the priest on my wind and i was able to kill the guardian leader in woe map faster than fire by using wind.

Edited by Bensch, 14 August 2014 - 08:04 AM.

#15 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:11 AM

So i reseted my skill last night and tested fire vs wind while killing woe guardian leader and friend priest. I was able to kill the priest on my wind and i was able to kill the guardian leader in woe map faster than fire by using wind.

What's your honing / stat focus? And did you make some vids?

Edited by Greven79, 14 August 2014 - 08:12 AM.

#16 Bensch

Bensch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:33 AM

Stats and honing doesnt really matter cuz i tried my both element with same stats. Oh and i dont have vid but u can ask escaflownex hes the priest from collision i tested both skills ;)

Edited by Bensch, 15 August 2014 - 11:25 AM.

#17 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 01:33 PM

Stats and honing doesnt really matter cuz i tried my both element with same stats. Oh and i dont vid but u can ask escaflownex hes the priest from collision i tested both skills ;)

I am asking, because I tested Firebolt vs. Cold Bolt a while ago and the damage difference - hence the longer casting time - was notable in favor for the Firebolt. Stating that you're faster with the Wind Emblem implies that the freeze status not only compensates the difference, but surpasses the other crest effect.

Although I can't prove either statement right or wrong (I am not blessed with many skill reset vellums), I've experienced both the Wizard's and Sorcerer's way and tend to agree with kkusagami.

My problem is that I can't tell how you could have done it:

For example: The cooldown of my Varetyr Spear isn't that great (30sec starting CD is quite awful), that's why I can't use it as often as the Wind Emblem procs. So I am more or less limited to a Jupitel Thunder for 'great' damage. Due to the uncontrollable nature of the JT Mastery, I am often hampered by the high casting time as well. And the cooldown that starts after the casting time forces me to add a Lightning Bolt or another Cold Bolt in between two JT activations.

On contrast, using the Fire Emblem and spamming Firebolts allows me to ignore the casting duration most of the time. The occasional Fireball is used in both strategies to keep the burn damage up, but you can ignore the casting time as well if you concentrate on the Fire variant. So I can't really see how a double damage JT with a casting time of 1.2sec, an occasional Varetyr Spear, a mixed-in LB and a low-damage Colt Bolt could outdo the zero-casting time spam of Firebolts.

You see, your honing focus might matter, although it's the same in both cases and a vid would have helped to see how you did it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users