31 replies to this topic

#1 Ashrick

Ashrick

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:31 PM

Is there going to be an updated RRE? I can't seem to get it to work with the latest version of ROSE and GenPatch

#2 DocJager

DocJager

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • LocationHolland
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 31 July 2010 - 01:40 PM

I think Rescudo quit working on it. Unless someone is willing and able to take over his work, I doubt we'll be having that great add-on around :rolleyes:

#3 Ashrick

Ashrick

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 31 July 2010 - 02:02 PM

:rolleyes:

#4 Sparx

Sparx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 205 posts
  • Twitter:jonssonite
  • LocationNorway
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:19 PM

I think he actually quit ROSE for good this time. He figured ROSE is a bad game. He told me something like "Could you think of any achievements you could set for ROSE? I figured this question can tell if a game is bad or good." I'm not saying he quit rose because of the lack of achievements ROSE can have, but more like he just doesn't like rose anymore. I'll even be surprised if he registers to the new forums.

#5 ChickenBucket

ChickenBucket

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 1175 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Poo'onis

Posted 31 July 2010 - 04:51 PM

He asked for donations after ppl donated to him he left

~ tru story brah

#6 Ashrick

Ashrick

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 31 July 2010 - 09:12 PM

He asked for donations after ppl donated to him he left

~ tru story brah

wowwwwwwwwwwww:o

#7 Shahy

Shahy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationCairo, Egypt

Posted 01 August 2010 - 09:01 AM

why can't rose developers just take over his work or it's too hard for them? i never used that addon as i'm new but i saw the features on old forums and they are more than great! i can't imagine that some one used those in game and after he got used to them now he plays a regular rose, seriously those community creations should be studied by the developers of rose, or else our donations through IM system are useless

#8 Rescudo

Rescudo

The One And Only

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationNorway
  • Server:Pegasus

Posted 01 August 2010 - 10:30 AM

Hey everyone,
I just want to clarify a few things since I neglected to provide any explanation for my absence, which apparently has left the situation open to speculation. This goes out to everyone and no one in particular.

A few months ago, I decided to quit ROSE for good (and I do intend to stay away for now, but I think I owe you all an explanation). Shortly thereafter, I also ceased work on all projects associated with ROSE, the most extensive of them being RRE. I did this for a number of reasons (the least not being certain problems in my personal life on which I am not planning to elaborate), mainly due to lack of any emotional or monetary benefit, two factors without which few actions can be justified. In other words, as long as I found ROSE to be an exciting and entertaining game, I could sort of justify to myself the fact that I was spending my own free time doing charity for Gravity (ie. a commercial company which can only profit from the continued development of RRE) since I found it enjoyable to further enhance the game I loved to play, both for me and for my fellow players. However, the last few months I started to realize I found the game very unappealing and repetitive (whether or not you can sympathize with my opinion is irrelevant because it is exactly that; an opinion), so as a last-ditch effort to justify the fact that I was spending tens of hours weekly on a computer application which I no longer found any pleasure in developing, I threw the donation button out there in hopes that I could convert my hobby project into some sort of heavily underpaid job. I did receive a few donations, and I immensely appreciate them, but I still end up making more in one day working minimum wage in my IRL job than I made during the two months I tried to justify the continued development of RRE with a donation button.

That said, I feel deep personal guilt at abandoning a project that so many people used and appreciated, especially after having asked for donations, but after nearly half a year of doing what was essentially free work which I did not even enjoy doing, I could no longer be at peace with myself, especially while in the middle of the aforementioned personal life conflict (it is also the main cause that I initially left no explanation for my disappearance, and I apologize for not having done so). I hope the concept of no emotional or monetary benefit, as explained above, makes sense to you, even if you do not agree with the way I handled the situation -- I'm not sure I do, either.

Thank you for your time,
~Rescudo

#9 Kaizy

Kaizy

Original Potatoe

• Members
  • 1110 posts
  • LocationPLAYING LEAGUE OF LEGENDDDDDDDDDDDDSSSSSSSS
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:cal'smom

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:19 PM

Should have never done it if you didn't enjoy it Alex! But it's good experience at least. Can I have a refund of my .10 cent donation? :rolleyes: jk

#10 SirGar

SirGar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 02 August 2010 - 02:30 PM

Thank you Rescudo for taking the time to state your side of the story.
Your message conveys the difficulty involved in your decision.
Knowing how popular your work became for the rose community didn't make things any easier.
RRE showed us the untapped potential of rose and I look forward to seeing developments that follow your lead.

#11 LadyLion

LadyLion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 261 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed

Posted 03 August 2010 - 10:52 AM

Well, thank you for clarifying this for us. It's good to finally have an answer... Though, I am curious, would you ever consider selling your code to Gravity if the price was right? I know they asked you before, but I am not sure if they were asking for a 'donation' or not. I really enjoyed RRE. I'd like to see it integrated with the game somehow.

Good luck with your life.
:3

#12 Ashrick

Ashrick

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:36 AM

I absolutely think that Gravity should buy the code from you and integrate it into the game or even just keep it as an add on like it has been, it was a very use full tool and I'm sad to see it go. Thanks for all the work you did put into creating it and keeping it going and good luck in your future en devours:D

#13 Shahy

Shahy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 116 posts
  • LocationCairo, Egypt

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:55 AM

i didn't even use that program before but after reading it's options i can't imagine the game without it :rolleyes: it would be good if you sell them the code or, work with them? with such addon being updated all the time people will start enjoying the game again and donate more to the IM

Edited by Shahy, 05 August 2010 - 03:59 AM.

#14 Trebor

Trebor

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA USA

Posted 05 August 2010 - 04:30 AM

I know I made a donation to RRE, but I guess the total amount of donations was not enough to keep it going.

I am sorry that it stopped too, it was a fantastic program!

#15 DocJager

DocJager

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • LocationHolland

Posted 06 August 2010 - 06:59 AM

Good you cleared that up Alex.
Your message is clear and understandable. RRE has always been very nice to have as an add-on. I think most of the people here never realised how much work you put into it, I know I haven't.

Even though I doubt you are still checking this forum after clearing that up, I want to thank you for all the work you did and wish you good luck with your personal life!

#16 paLDube

paLDube

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 696 posts
  • Locationheaven
  • Server:leonis

Posted 10 August 2010 - 07:57 AM

i miss /follow :unsure:

#17 DesertLynx

DesertLynx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 153 posts
  • LocationIn front of my PC?

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:21 AM

It had almost all WoW and Silk Road options with that addon.

#18 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:13 AM

Alex,

I can honestly say your RRE made Rose a better experience for me and many others. Thats said, I can't blame you for needing to walk away and focus on other things. It is completely natural to move on; games or other entertainment sometimes run out of steam for us. No one can blame you for not being able to spend hours every week on something indefinitely without compensation. I would have donated myself but I was jobless at the time.

Good luck in your life and come back to visit once in a while!

Cheers,

Coffee

#19 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:32 AM

If only you did not have to pour more hours into RRE after each maintenence. I'm desperate for your opening of dirties without there being a pop up at the moment haha.

#20 JuTaPo

JuTaPo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationSomewhere livin it up

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:30 AM

Good luck to you with real life Rescudo. Without RRE I would not be here =p lets just put it that way. Lets just hope gravity buys the code...or develops their own.

#21 Rockyonfire

Rockyonfire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 10:51 AM

I miss RRE the stablity updates and core features which it provided where outstanding.

Anyway the DEV team are working on something similar (which will be intergrated into the game client soon hopefuly)

Edited by Rockyonfire, 23 August 2010 - 10:54 AM.

#22 LordAlbion

LordAlbion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:53 PM

I miss RRE the stablity updates and core features which it provided where outstanding.

Anyway the DEV team are working on something similar (which will be intergrated into the game client soon hopefuly)

LOL go on thinking that :rolleyes:

#23 Rockyonfire

Rockyonfire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:03 PM

its not a thought its a fact the DEV team are looking into intergating similar features into the game client i have seen posts by community managers stating so.

#24 LordAlbion

LordAlbion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 10:02 PM

its not a thought its a fact the DEV team are looking into intergating similar features into the game client i have seen posts by community managers stating so.

hope your still not holding your breath LOL

#25 Revolve

Revolve

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1044 posts
  • LocationKaizy's Profile.

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:06 AM

Hey everyone,
I just want to clarify a few things since I neglected to provide any explanation for my absence, which apparently has left the situation open to speculation. This goes out to everyone and no one in particular.

A few months ago, I decided to quit ROSE for good (and I do intend to stay away for now, but I think I owe you all an explanation). Shortly thereafter, I also ceased work on all projects associated with ROSE, the most extensive of them being RRE. I did this for a number of reasons (the least not being certain problems in my personal life on which I am not planning to elaborate), mainly due to lack of any emotional or monetary benefit, two factors without which few actions can be justified. In other words, as long as I found ROSE to be an exciting and entertaining game, I could sort of justify to myself the fact that I was spending my own free time doing charity for Gravity (ie. a commercial company which can only profit from the continued development of RRE) since I found it enjoyable to further enhance the game I loved to play, both for me and for my fellow players. However, the last few months I started to realize I found the game very unappealing and repetitive (whether or not you can sympathize with my opinion is irrelevant because it is exactly that; an opinion), so as a last-ditch effort to justify the fact that I was spending tens of hours weekly on a computer application which I no longer found any pleasure in developing, I threw the donation button out there in hopes that I could convert my hobby project into some sort of heavily underpaid job. I did receive a few donations, and I immensely appreciate them, but I still end up making more in one day working minimum wage in my IRL job than I made during the two months I tried to justify the continued development of RRE with a donation button.

That said, I feel deep personal guilt at abandoning a project that so many people used and appreciated, especially after having asked for donations, but after nearly half a year of doing what was essentially free work which I did not even enjoy doing, I could no longer be at peace with myself, especially while in the middle of the aforementioned personal life conflict (it is also the main cause that I initially left no explanation for my disappearance, and I apologize for not having done so). I hope the concept of no emotional or monetary benefit, as explained above, makes sense to you, even if you do not agree with the way I handled the situation -- I'm not sure I do, either.

Thank you for your time,
~Rescudo

Please make one update so we can ignore those spammers :unsure:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users