#1 Goodragon

Goodragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 August 2014 - 12:10 PM

I really need a Warrior Tank build any good suggestions?

BTW I prefer it will be without Battle Tactics if possible.

#2 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 08:25 PM

Then it's better to play another tanker class then which has better HP, Defense, self-healing abilities.

But really, there's no such thing as build in this game as you can up every skill you want now by buying 20 more skill points.

#3 Goodragon

Goodragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 05:07 AM

I asked for a build request not criticism 

Edited by Goodragon, 12 August 2014 - 05:07 AM.

#4 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

Like I said, any builds are fine since you can buy skill points and max every skills you wanted.
But if you want a full tanker build, then this should be it although I don't know if you'll ever invited to a party/raid or whatever (wait, there's actually a raid? whatever lul)

http://ro2base.com/b...310723.22310723

#5 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1307 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 11:35 AM

The benefits of taking Battle Tactics far outweighs not doing so. Even if you don't invest in Agi/Int, your gear provides enough that you get significantly more mileage out of those 3 skill points. It beefs up all your attack skills, rather than just 3 more points affecting a single one. Even as a main tank, you'll need high damage to achieve high threat. Battle Tactics is very standard and your raid partners will likely frown upon you not getting it.

Regardless, if you insist on not taking BT for personal reasons, then using the above build, I'd move the 7 points from Magnum (1), BT (2) and Berserk (4) into something like Tension Relax and Brandish Storm (or maybe even Pummel Attack if you really, really like PVP)

#6 Goodragon

Goodragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

Just want to hear opinions after hearing suggestions

http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

How is this build?

#7 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

Out of curiousity is there any particular reason you don't want battle tactics?

OT: Build looks fine. You might want to take points out of something to max battle leap because it goes on roughly a 10 sec CD at max level with full osiris gear.

#8 Goodragon

Goodragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:14 AM

Out of curiousity is there any particular reason you don't want battle tactics?

Yes.

I believe that a Warrior is a guy without int and has pure strength and vitality, Warriors are supposed to dumb as a shoe and hard as a rock, but if Battle Tactics is the best choice for a warrior then who am I to disqualify it? Of course I want the best for my warrior and I guess people think battle tactics is the best for a Warrior.

#9 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:27 AM

What makes you think every Warrior in the game is stupid and dumb as ****?

Dragon Nest Swordmaster (specialized from "WARRIOR" class) has magic skills that utilizes INT and Magic Attack to increase their magical damage.

Dark Souls has Warrior (ppl call it Spell Warrior because its a class w/ one part tanking, one part DPS machine) also utilizes INT to increase their DPS potential.

Here is no exception, so pick that friggin BT now dude. Not getting BT? Fine, but you've been warned. That's the only skill that makes me stay with my Warrior despite on the buff Assassins/Rogue are getting in the near future.

Edited by rzevidz007, 14 August 2014 - 05:28 AM.

#10 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:46 AM

Dragon Nest Swordmaster (specialized from "WARRIOR" class) has magic skills that utilizes INT and Magic Attack to increase their magical damage.

Dark Souls has Warrior (ppl call it Spell Warrior because its a class w/ one part tanking, one part DPS machine) also utilizes INT to increase their DPS potential.

Other games = other rules.

The 'Spell Warrior' from Dark Souls should be considered a free mixture of a Mage class and Warrior class. Just see Titan Quest for quite a list of class combinations or Dungeons-&-Dragons - Prestige Classes for even more ideas.

For the RO2 Warrior, INT is totally useless, except for that one skill. It's not like the monk class that actually benefits from a Parry bonus, etc. In addition, skills like 'Berserk' and things like 'rage points' usually contradict reason and therefore INT.

Edit:

[BT]... 's the only skill that makes me stay with my Warrior despite on the buff Assassins/Rogue are getting in the near future.

That's a sad thing to hear that it's only one unbalanced skill that makes you play a certain class, hence another class with an already unbalanced 10sec CD finisher gets another unbalanced buff soon. It's a race of inbalances that defines a game right now.

Edited by Greven79, 14 August 2014 - 06:27 AM.

#11 Goodragon

Goodragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:04 AM

Here is no exception, so pick that friggin BT now dude. Not getting BT? Fine, but you've been warned. That's the only skill that makes me stay with my Warrior despite on the buff Assassins/Rogue are getting in the near future.

Rage much?

And don't worn me about losing in PvE and PvP I've been playing RO2 a long time before you started I know what's good for and yes it is BT but I don't need you to rage at me to understand that you can also use logical statements and not warn me that I will be bad at the game.

P.S By saying Warriors dumb as a shoe and hard as a rock I refer to the character, not the player.

#12 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:39 AM

Man I enjoyed playing Moonlord on dragon's nest for a while until the game died...QQ

People don't think BT is best for warriors, it's proven to be best for warriors end game. If you wanted to put the 3 points into something else what would you put it in? You'd lose out on more CRIT DMG % without it when you crit and the skill tree is kind of lacking in terms of useful things to put it in, in my opinion.

#13 Goodragon

Goodragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:36 AM

I get it

BT is good look at the build I made

#14 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:48 AM

and I did look and commented on it previously before, you just quoted what I asked at the top without reading the bottom half i guess.

#15 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:03 AM

Whats happening here? @_@
We warriors must not faito, we must all Battle Leap at the same time at our enemies for the sake of Rice Krispies and Sour Gummy worms.

Anyways Battle Tactics is a necessity for swordie classes. With low attack speed, without it you cant kill or beat anyone. Im not even talking about one shotting but the damage it gives is the only thing that will give us an advantage. We might have high attack power but its utterly useless because of the weapon min-max formula, so raw damage just wont cut it specially when your foes can heal 13k per 2 sec or full heal evry time you got them low for the finisher.

Edited by jhay1825, 14 August 2014 - 09:48 AM.

#16 Goodragon

Goodragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:29 AM

Whats happening here? @_@
We warriors must not faito, we must all Battle Leap at the same time at our enemies for the sake of Rice Krispies and Sour Gummy worms.

O_O

#17 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:49 AM

Rice Krispies gives you int.

Sour Gummy worms gives max rage every bite.

You cannot go wrong with these things as these shall make your ABS SHAKE AND CRUMBLE LIKE YOURE A DAMN BLENDER!!!

Edited by jhay1825, 14 August 2014 - 09:42 AM.

#18 Goodragon

Goodragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:53 AM

Rice Krispies gives you int.

Sour Gummy worms gives max rage every bite.

You cannot go wrong with these things as these shall make your ABS SHAKE AND CRUMBLE LIKE YOURE A DAMN BLENDER!!!

I adore you JoonHo you are one of the reasons I chose to keep playing as a Warrior

BECAUSE I WANTED TO PROVE THAT BT IS USLESS

But I guess I can't do that

Edited by Goodragon, 14 August 2014 - 09:54 AM.

#19 jhay1825

jhay1825

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1077 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:31 AM

Well i wouldnt say useless but it may be viable to make a build without Battle Tactics IF int based skills are not hella imbalance.

You could probably pull off a pure str build with it coz we have the class bonus for 1 str = 3 AP. But until that time comes, guess we should stick with BT for the time being.
The skills based of int is the reason most PvP scenarios are heavily reliant on magical DoTs or Battle Tactics. This is why sorcs/wiz can do 9-12 Fireball DOTs, same with cres and priests and lets not forget warrior and knights 100k + crits on Shield Canon to the fais and Rage Strike of Dreams and Glory.

#20 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

Anyways Battle Tactics is a necessity for swordie classes. With low attack speed, without it you cant kill or beat anyone. Im not even talking about one shotting but the damage it gives is the only thing that will give us an advantage. We might have high attack power but its utterly useless because of the weapon min-max formula...

That's not true.

The attack speed is 'normal' and compared to other tank classes (beastmaster, monks, etc.), my Warrior has a higher physical skill effect (total damage before skills). Although a monk or beastmaster might have a higher damage multiplier for the rudimentary skills, the final damage shouldn't be that different. Stating that a Warrior without BT would be unable to kill any other class means that neither of the other tank classes can! And it's a mockery of any monk/BM player recognizing that they can't even get close to compete threat-wise.

And IF there would be a serious issue for Warriors and Knights without BT, there enough skills to compensate (f.e. +30% ATK with Aura Sword; a Berserk/Concentrate boost or a simple 2 crit / AGI adjustment).

... so raw damage just wont cut it specially when your foes can heal 13k per 2 sec or full heal evry time you got them low for the finisher.

That's another story. I made a lot of 'friends' stating that a stackable cure for 12k every 2sec or a 30k Highness Heal every 6sec is inbalanced and I even commented WHY the heal skills became so broken. But as usual, the VCR system rather ensures that certain inbalances stay the same. It's like a lobbyism.

Edited by Greven79, 14 August 2014 - 11:47 AM.

#21 Goodragon

Goodragon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:47 AM

I just realized that once ML 50 will be released we could have all skills maxed except Magnum Break, Provoke and Mass Provoke which in my opinion are usless to max out.

#22 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:03 PM

I just realized that once ML 50 will be released we could have all skills maxed except Magnum Break, Provoke and Mass Provoke which in my opinion are usless to max out.

Huh? What makes you think that you get more skill points? The last increase also introduced higher skill levels to dump those points into. At best, I would assume that more skills will get a max. level of 10.

#23 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:33 PM

Other games = other rules.

The 'Spell Warrior' from Dark Souls should be considered a free mixture of a Mage class and Warrior class. Just see Titan Quest for quite a list of class combinations or Dungeons-&-Dragons - Prestige Classes for even more ideas.

For the RO2 Warrior, INT is totally useless, except for that one skill. It's not like the monk class that actually benefits from a Parry bonus, etc. In addition, skills like 'Berserk' and things like 'rage points' usually contradict reason and therefore INT.

Edit:

That's a sad thing to hear that it's only one unbalanced skill that makes you play a certain class, hence another class with an already unbalanced 10sec CD finisher gets another unbalanced buff soon. It's a race of inbalances that defines a game right now.

The thing is in RO2, if you're not using any sort of imbalanced class or skill, you're dead. As for me, I've been a fan of critical damage in every game now, and here's no exception. I'll do anything to get in touch with critical damage as much as possible. For that INT part, partially yes, it's useless. But Battle Tactics was made for a 'reason'. The fact that there's a SINGLE SKILL utilizes INT, that particular stat is not useless. Like you said, the game's now struggling with an imbalances crisis now.

I've been playing Assassin for the longest time now before switching to Warrior. I wouldn't be suprised if Assassin and Rogue got buffed, they need it. And Assassin won't be getting any buff on their finisher. Where did you get that info anyway? The only changes made to Assassin were the revamped Grimtooth, Shadow Claw additional penetration buff and Ymir changes.

Assassin who IS supposed to be a DPS class, loses out to a tanker class specifically Warrior who are advantageous for having high attack power, decent critical rate with crazy hax critical damage. If this Penetration thingy really makes a thing of thieves' DPS in general, then I'll be surely play the class again.

So I am pretty optimistic with the thieves changes, that Penetration buff seems really interesting..

Edited by rzevidz007, 14 August 2014 - 01:10 PM.

#24 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:37 PM

And Assassin won't be getting any buff on their finisher. Where did you get that info anyway? The only changes made to Assassin were the revamped Grimtooth, Shadow Claw additional penetration buff and Ymir changes.

Never said that they gonna buff Shadow Explosion. I've only pointed out that the duration of the cooldown is only half as long compared to other skills. And this difference makes the skill unbalanced in my eyes.

The 1070% damage of Shadow Explosion is already quite strong (Rage Strike = 1140%; Shield Cannon = 1160%) and the +100% total damage from Mark of Shadow bonus is much higher than usual bonuses of other classes (Rage Strike = 30%; Shield Cannon = 30%). In addition, the latter works against raid bosses as well.

That's why it makes me sad when you write that a BT inbalance is a necessity for you to play a Warrior.

Assassin who IS supposed to be a DPS class, loses out to a tanker class specifically Warrior who are advantageous for having high attack power, decent critical rate with crazy hax critical damage. If this Penetration thingy really makes a thing of thieves' DPS in general, then I'll be surely play the class again.

So I am pretty optimistic with the thieves changes, that Penetration buff seems really interesting..

There are no valid differences between dps and tank classes anymore. Stating that an Assassin 'loses' against a tank is pretty much limited to duels and BT abusal only. And as I've said already, the armor penetration is just another way to inbalance the game, because it can result in an occational quadruple damage. So in my opinion, it would be better to fix BT first than to introduce more and more ridiculous things in hope that they will eventually 'balance' out the BT injustice.

#25 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:06 AM

That's another story. I made a lot of 'friends' stating that a stackable cure for 12k every 2sec or a 30k Highness Heal every 6sec is inbalanced and I even commented WHY the heal skills became so broken. But as usual, the VCR system rather ensures that certain inbalances stay the same. It's like a lobbyism.

The more you know, Priest VCR (past ones) asked for a nerf, they got buffed coz devs are retards.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users