#1 jakeassasin

jakeassasin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:03 AM

Hi, I want to ask you about sorcerer autospell builds.... Can you help me with it? :o So what equip/builds can i use for MvP/PvM? Thanks :)

#2 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:59 AM

autospell? specify which one, hindsight or spellfist? these two have a quite different build

hindsight suits you if you like to hit/crit with a book at 193 aspd. you'll see raining bolts/autocasts

spellfist is a burst damage and you'd only want around ~186 aspd and slower cast time to accurately land spellfist and recast it fast enough to ensure high dps

spellfist is the one for mvp. for casual pvm, hindsight is pretty fun

#3 jakeassasin

jakeassasin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:11 PM

Can't i use both? :o

1. Can i swich between the builds? Like another equip for mvping and another for pvm?

2. Can i use both at one time?

#4 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:04 AM

1. you can have a hybrid of both, but to max each other's potential, you'll need a fairly different gear setup

2. autocasts have cast delay. this will hinder you from recasting spellfist fast enough

#5 Koski

Koski

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:51 AM

Can't i use both? :o

1. Can i swich between the builds? Like another equip for mvping and another for pvm?

2. Can i use both at one time?

The only reasonable way of using both is by using spell fist only as an opener to a fight and not re-casting it in the middle of the fight. This can work quite well, if you got 193 aspd and you're linked by a soul linker. Hindsight build is likely to deal more damage than spell fist, if only due to the nature of wasted time preparing each fist. Especially due to the cast delay you get if you happened to proc hindsight/cd.

The biggest problem in my opinion is not the attack speed/cast delay really, its the vastly different build needs that spikexp mentioned.

Spell Fist needs a really high MATK weapon and really high MATK from gear. Ideally a +9 2-handed staff (Kronos, though its unpopular these days due to the aspd nerf) and +9 Temporal Int Boots, +3 int valk armor/orleans's gown, two Bradium Earrings with Imp/Siroma and otherwise all around MATK gear. With proper gear, you don't really need any dex (since spell fist always hits and you got decent amount of -% cast time from gear), so you'll end up being really bad at auto-attacks unless you waste points.

Hindsight needs really high aspd, 193 is really the minimum if you want to call yourself effective. For this, you will probably need a lot of AGI from both stats (120) and gear (+3 agi armor, +9 temporal agi or dull bl boots etc.). You (should) have decent dex, so you can actually hit stuff, as it allows you take advantage of items like CD in Mouth, just to maximize the benefit of your 193 aspd.

So like spikexp said, you need fairly different gear setup to do them effectively. At best I would suggest you use it as an opener for a hindsight build or go all out Spell Fist and forget about Hindsight. I am intending to try a true hybrid once I can hit 193 aspd with Kronos self buffed. But even then, the opener technique seems to be the most effective way to utilize Spell Fist, with a damage potential of 130k/sec during the first second. And that does not even count any possible bolts from hindsight. You will not be killing much without SL buffs anyways and that means you should be running with the link and kaahi either way.

Edited by Koski, 14 August 2014 - 01:05 AM.

#6 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:52 AM

for mvp purpose i guess a thorny set with alice helps a lot?

i still don't know if TSOD would be the best one handed staff for spellfist tho... i'm still looking for a more suitable one

and tbh for both builds i think temporal agi with AD4 would be a better choice. afaik runaway magic can proc thru spellfist, so does other magic procs

#7 Koski

Koski

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 03:05 AM

for mvp purpose i guess a thorny set with alice helps a lot?

i still don't know if TSOD would be the best one handed staff for spellfist tho... i'm still looking for a more suitable one

and tbh for both builds i think temporal agi with AD4 would be a better choice. afaik runaway magic can proc thru spellfist, so does other magic procs

Thorny set should be largely unneeded. Summon + Insignia should take care of physical damage problems.

TSoD is probably one of your best bet, due to the mdef piercing. Piercing Staff might be an option against sufficiently high mdef, but you would really need to find the sweet spot there, since the MATK on TSoD is so much bigger, especially with enchants. Would need to see a point, where TSoD piercing is even better than Kronos, with proper enchants. For pure casting purpose, spell4/4 +10 TSoD is superior, due to the 30% reduction.

Temporal Agi bonus is hard to ignore, if you're going for 120 agi, but if you opt to go max spell fist, you might want to leave it a bit lower and getting some luck for more MATK and vit to actually survive during MvP fights. I am also thinking that 90 MATK (30 from 9 upgrades, 60 for 120 int) might  be a major factor in the damage in the end. It all depends in the intended usage though. With SF MvP:ing, I would rather survive all the spell bombardment (higher vit) than go for full flee in hopes of being able to dodge MvPs with a full mob.

Edited by Koski, 14 August 2014 - 03:24 AM.

#8 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:40 AM

i guess you're right about the temporal agi. but that means a lot temporary buffs such as food, agi up, vip are def needed to pump the aspd.

even with 120 agi, even reaching 186 might be hard using 2 handed staff. i found a major aspd drop, maybe around ~9 flat aspd while testing it with eden staff and a wizardry staff... it seems to be heavily reliant on bako that way

i might be wrong tho, i tried to simulate with a few calc but every single one indicates it has the same aspd as one handed staff

#9 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 14 August 2014 - 05:53 AM

dont forget your magician night cap for both hindsight and spellfist. or skull cap for TSoD combo

#10 jakeassasin

jakeassasin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:07 AM

Where to get the Magican Night Cap?

#11 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 14 August 2014 - 08:14 AM

4th of july quest, already ended weeks ago. now the only way to get it is from players.

#12 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:11 AM

4.6mm avg price; chump change for most people these days

#13 Koski

Koski

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:34 AM

4.6mm avg price; chump change for most people these days

The price is estimated to go up soon enough, with no access to new ones.

#14 Koski

Koski

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:48 AM

dont forget your magician night cap for both hindsight and spellfist. or skull cap for TSoD combo

I have a hard time seeing a time where TSoD combo would be better than Magician's Night Cap. If for nothing else than the ASPD +5 alone, but the 50% more bolt damage (and thus, 50% more spell fist damage) and 25% increased spell fist damage is nothing to joke about either. So unless you're a spell fister, who does not use spell fist (but instead other spellls), then there should be no real reason to use skull cap.

#15 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

Price for that hat should remain low. Nobody in their right mind would use bolt spells as a sorcerer unless they were specifically a hindsight build. Spellfist is good to cast in downtime between individual monsters but should not be the primary source of DPS on MvPs.

The best hindsight gear I can think of is:

+9 magician hat (KK, Isilla, Vanberk)

BFG (Isilla, Vanberk, ESL, Fanat, Mistress)

CD in mouth

+12 RWC Dagger (Card doesn't matter)

Brynhild / Diabolus Robe

No shield

+9 Heroic Backpack (Raydric, Aliot)

Temporal Boots (Spell / Int Boost)

RWC Pendant (Spell 6)

RWC Ring (FS 6)

Consumables +30 AGI food, Awake Pot, Enrich Celermine

Alternative - AAR Slave

Of course Double Bolt and Soul Link are required.

#16 Koski

Koski

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:04 PM

Price for that hat should remain low. Nobody in their right mind would use bolt spells as a sorcerer unless they were specifically a hindsight build.

The best hindsight gear I can think of is:

RWC Pendant (Spell 6)

RWC Ring (FS 6)

Well, its 75% more damage to spell fist and 50% more to hindsight. They should reach popularity a bit later, but I would not expect it to happen in a while.

You sure the pendant+ring and dagger out-weight 50% increased damage on your selected bolt, when linked or do the chambered ones work with the set bonus? It only mentions the non-slotted ones in the daggers description. Assuming you're not using lightning bolt of course. For physical damage (or maybe battle auto-cast hybrid) the combo does seem quite good though.

I am also wondering whether it is actually a viable option to lets say battle auto-cast hybrid when compared to Advanced Ring of the Fire Lord and Advaced Ring of Resonance combo, using a Ledger or the Cold Bolt Book.

Also, did you calculate that you hit 193 aspd with that combination? Though running with +30 food and Celermine should help on that one.

Edited by Koski, 15 August 2014 - 12:46 AM.

#17 jakeassasin

jakeassasin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:54 PM

So how many base agi do i have to use with concentration pot and food to get 193aspd???

#18 Koski

Koski

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:11 PM

So how many base agi do i have to use with concentration pot and food to get 193aspd???

Why concentration pot? Why not awakening when its the max you can use as a sage class? Also, there is no way to reach 193 aspd on a sage with stats alone. You will most definitely need either FAW with sufficient aspd % and/or aspd enchantment or +9 HBP. The +9 magician's night cap is also really important. With books (Ledger of Death specifically) you could probably reach 193 without the help of magician's night cap.

Assuming you use the equipment and buffs mentioned by scuba, you need exactly 119 agility to reach 193 aspd. This is of course, if the irowiki stat calc works properly on daggers. With agiup and bless, you can of course decrease the level of food you use (30 agi -12 agiup = 18 agi food.). This agi can also come from other sources, like wearing black leather boots and having a +3 agi enchant on your armor as well as having VIP buffs running. Effectively giving you 193 with only celermine juice.

I also don't think the calculator really calculates the RWC dagger properly, seeing as I got abysmal damage output from spell fist using it with the calculator. Around 50% of what I got with the same stats and Kronos. But by all means and purposes, the damage output should be the same, if not better for RWC (15% increased damage from rings, roughly same MATK with spell3 on the ring)

Scuba, on 14 Aug 2014 - 11:21 PM, said:snapback.png

I wonder what card would be most useful for that. Doppel would be an obvious choice, for the increased attack speed. Maybe Phreeoni so you could ignore dex altogether? Then again they are MvP cards, but at least RWC Dagger Could be a viable compound. Maybe the obvious autocast cards like Bloody Knight? What would you card in it?

Edited by Koski, 15 August 2014 - 12:55 AM.

#19 jakeassasin

jakeassasin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:46 AM

Sh-t i amwaiting 30 mins in waiting room for jchange to sage -_-

#20 Aedis

Aedis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:59 AM

Fantasy Spell Fist Sorc Gear

+12 Magician Night Cap [High Wiz Card] ignore Mdef

BFG[Lord Knight Card] for Monsters immune to Bolt elements

CD on Mouth/Ninja Scroll

+12 Valk Armor Stat 3 [Gloom Under Night Card] for those weak to Holy and Etc

+12 Sage Diary [Thanatos card] and [Samurai Spectre Card] both, for all situations

+12 Immune Shield [Golden Thief Bug]

+12 Temporal Int [Fallen Bishop Card]

+12 Fallen Angel Wing Special Str, x2 Max Fighting Spirit [Giant Whisper/Deviling/WakWak Card(+5 Attack per 10 Str Points)]

Mejingjard +40 Str

RWC Ring Str 3 x2 Max Fighting Spirit Enchants [Ifrit Card] extra Attack +5 and dat lvl 10 Earthquake proc

Best Spell Fister Sorcerer xDD

Edited by Aedis, 16 August 2014 - 11:09 AM.

#21 Koski

Koski

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 09:22 PM

CD on Mouth/Ninja Scroll

+12 Sage Diary [Thanatos card] and [Samurai Spectre Card] both, for all situations

+12 Fallen Angel Wing Special Str, x2 Max Fighting Spirit [Giant Whisper/Deviling/WakWak Card(+5 Attack per 10 Str Points)]

Mejingjard +40 Str

RWC Ring Str 3 x2 Max Fighting Spirit Enchants [Ifrit Card] extra Attack +5 and dat lvl 10 Earthquake proc

Not sure how that translates into Spell Fist gear. Str/Dex battle maybe.

Magician's Night Cap, sure. CD would be useless if not a hindrance. Valk armor I can agree with, though I can't see you pull a single Spell Fist off while in combat with an MvP with no Phen effect from anywhere. Armor would be my preferred spot. Why sage's diary? Or those cards. I can see their use for a hindsight or battle build (since you'll be doing auto attacks), but for magical attacks the ability to ignore targets physical defense is useless. I am also quite sure they wont stack together or at least one of them is redundant. Seeing as one reduces the defense and the other ignores defence and deals damage based on it. Why fighting spirit enchants on your FAW and RWC Ring? Spell fist does not really benefit from them. Same with Megs 40 str.

All and all, just looks a bit silly. Care to explain how your choices really benefit a Spell Fister?

Edited by Koski, 17 August 2014 - 11:14 PM.

#22 jakeassasin

jakeassasin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:31 AM

CD on Mouth/Ninja Scroll

Mejingjard +40 Str

Wow... looks expensive :o :D hmm... i have to start collecting zeny right now....

And... what is BFG??? :ooo

Edited by jakeassasin, 18 August 2014 - 04:32 AM.

#23 Aedis

Aedis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:34 AM

Wow... looks expensive :o :D hmm... i have to start collecting zeny right now....

And... what is BFG??? :ooo

BFG is Black Frame Glasses

#24 Aedis

Aedis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:43 AM

Not sure how that translates into Spell Fist gear. Str/Dex battle maybe.

Magician's Night Cap, sure. CD would be useless if not a hindrance. Valk armor I can agree with, though I can't see you pull a single Spell Fist off while in combat with an MvP with no Phen effect from anywhere. Armor would be my preferred spot. Why sage's diary? Or those cards. I can see their use for a hindsight or battle build (since you'll be doing auto attacks), but for magical attacks the ability to ignore targets physical defense is useless. I am also quite sure they wont stack together or at least one of them is redundant. Seeing as one reduces the defense and the other ignores defence and deals damage based on it. Why fighting spirit enchants on your FAW and RWC Ring? Spell fist does not really benefit from them. Same with Megs 40 str.

All and all, just looks a bit silly. Care to explain how your choices really benefit a Spell Fister?

Its a Hybrid when u turn on lvl 1 Berserk [Lord Knight Card] for melee without fist

-Heard about Gear Switch? its not like you will carry only those to battle of course u bring corresponding armors/shields and phen accesory Etc

-Some monster are immune to the 3 bolt elements so being able to switch to melee and take advantage of gloom card and the weapon cards

-Sage Diary gives Aspd and good Matck plus the 2 card slots for the mentioned Cards

-Might be wrong on enchants but up to someone if they want hybrid melee/Spell Fist

-Also im just giving out opinion so just chill out 

-Like i mentioned "Fantasy Sorc Gear" not like someone should do this setup

Edited by Aedis, 18 August 2014 - 04:49 AM.

#25 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:09 AM

Its a Hybrid when u turn on lvl 1 Berserk [Lord Knight Card] for melee without fist
-Heard about Gear Switch? its not like you will carry only those to battle of course u bring corresponding armors/shields and phen accesory Etc
-Some monster are immune to the 3 bolt elements so being able to switch to melee and take advantage of gloom card and the weapon cards
-Sage Diary gives Aspd and good Matck plus the 2 card slots for the mentioned Cards
-Might be wrong on enchants but up to someone if they want hybrid melee/Spell Fist
-Also im just giving out opinion so just chill out 
-Like i mentioned "Fantasy Sorc Gear" not like someone should do this setup

might be good for hindsight, but def not spell fist. it's because that you said it's spell fister that it might mislead some people

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users