Musketeer Hat Bug (Repost From Irof) - RO Bug Reporting Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Musketeer Hat Bug (Repost From Irof)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 22 July 2010 - 08:43 AM

My Original Post:

For those of you wondering why AR from Musketeer Hat gets cancelled whenever any equipment is switched, here's why:

Musketeer Hat lets the wearer auto-cast Adrenaline Rush when being attacked, and it also bypasses any weapon restrictions for the skill. However, when changing any equipment (even not the weapon), AR disappears. A test done shows my High Priest activating AR with a staff weapon. Upon putting on a middle-headgear, Red Glasses, Adrenaline Rush was automatically cancelled.
Then, I retested the bug, but with a mace weapon this time. This time, when I equipped my Red Glasses after activating AR, the buff was not cancelled.

I believe that the cause of this bug is that when -any- equipment is changed, the skill "Adrenaline Rush" rechecks the weapon restriction thus getting AR to cancel when I was wearing my staff, but not with my mace. AR should be fixed so that it only rechecks the weapon restriction when the weapon itself is changed, and not all of the other equipments. This way, players can freely change any of their equipments, except weapons, without having to worry that AR will get cancelled.

A simple fix would be making AR just recheck for the weapon requirement when only the weapon is switched. Interestingly enough, with AR on, switching from any weapon to a mace/axe does not cancel AR, but switching from a mace/axe to a different weapon does.

Heimdallr replied:

Any time a change in gear, or map change is made the game rechecks all the stats going on. It has less to do with AR than it does how the game tries to keep certain stacking effects from occuring infinitely.

So I tested it again in-game about the map change thing. I found out that map change (or logging out) does not cancel AR which brings me back to the theory of the problem is with the skill itself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users