Problem with variable cast time and instant cast - Mage Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Problem with variable cast time and instant cast

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Xenorhart

Xenorhart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:01 PM

First of all im a sorcerer lvl 99

my equip is:

+9 Skull Cap     

+12 TSoD SP3/5                   (28% Cast time reduce with Skull Cap combo)

Temporal Int Boots SP5  (10% Cast time reduce)

2x  RWC Pendants SP3/3   (32% Cast time reduce)

+9 FAW SP7/6/6                  (30% Cast time reduce)

if my math is correct i have exactly 100% Variable cast time reduce

now here is the problem:

i cant cast cetain spells instantly for example fire/lightning/cold bolt and heavens drive.

if i remember correctly these spells dont have fixed cast time, dont they?

i apreciate your help :)

#2 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:retired

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:15 PM

Your math is correct. Your memory is not.

#3 Sewasan

Sewasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1195 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:16 PM

That is because a lot of mage spells and most classess spells had fixed cast time, so, to have instant cast you need to also had ventus out or 120 int +dex temp boots, or a sac slave. Anyways in the sorcerer case, diamond dust and extreme vaccum are the spells that had full variable stats, but PW, EG, VS dont, so you need to had ventus out to pull instant. most of the scholar and sage spells also had some fixed cast time.

#4 Xenorhart

Xenorhart

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 04:48 PM

oh i see

thank you for the answers

i just looked on the iro wiki and couldnt find the fixed cast time for mage and sage spells :(

#5 Koski

Koski

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:58 PM

oh i see

thank you for the answers

i just looked on the iro wiki and couldnt find the fixed cast time for mage and sage spells :(

http://irowiki.org/w..._time#Cast_Time

Cast Time is composed of "Variable Cast Time" (VCT) and "Fixed Cast Time" (FCT).

For most skills, FCT is 20% of the total Cast Time, with the remainder being VCT.

So unless specifically mentioned, a spell has 20% of its base cast time as fixed cast time. The spells that generally only have a variable cast time, usually state it specifically in the spells description, such as the above mentioned Diamond Dust, that reduces fixed cast time by 0.2/slvl and has a 1 sec base cast time.

Edited by Koski, 18 August 2014 - 10:00 PM.

#6 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

There is unforunately no way to get rid of the cast time on bolt skills and heavens drive skills as they have a 1second base cast time that is completely skill fixed, as in, it is part of the skill to have that cast time. A prime example to make it easier to understand is Safety Wall, not reducable by fixed cast reductions nor variable, a skill whose cast time is solely related to skill level and set in stone.

#7 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:57 PM

At least with the dex time boots and sacrament, you can have miniscule or non existent cast time, without a ventus.

#8 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

There is unforunately no way to get rid of the cast time on bolt skills and heavens drive skills as they have a 1second base cast time that is completely skill fixed, as in, it is part of the skill to have that cast time. A prime example to make it easier to understand is Safety Wall, not reducable by fixed cast reductions nor variable, a skill whose cast time is solely related to skill level and set in stone.

This is not true. Fire bolt, cold bolt, lightning bolt, heaven's drive, and safety wall are 20%/80% fixed/variable and can have their cast times modified by anything that affects fixed and variable cast time.

#9 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:24 PM

You can instant safety wall with a vellum arc wand and 100% variable reduction so I am not sure what that person is talking about. lul

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users