Requiem-yet another improvement topic - Proposals & Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Requiem-yet another improvement topic

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 cevaceva62

cevaceva62

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 440 posts
  • LocationBucharest/Romania
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Valdes/Trifi

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:24 AM

Hello,

So before you think this is another hate filled topic, let me assure you it is not.

As you may have noticed you have some hardcore players around, who you refuse to acknowledge. We have been around for years, long before you came on board, long before the new developers and long before this game took a turn for the worse so why don't you start listening to us and try to avoid coming up with meaningless content and recolored mobs and gears.

You are not giving the community something to invest in, you are just trying to make a quick buck during a forge event before you shut down the servers.

How many times do we have to keep yelling the same stuff over and over?

Here are some of my ideas that IMO would buy some time with the community:

1.Better drop rates, it is RIDICULOUS to not have rare items drops from mobs(even if it s the same recolored eximius -_-, just make it more expensive when you NPC)

Benefits:

a)Ppl would actually farm again

b)Ppl would reduce and get decent amounts of xeons, is anyone using the reduction NPC except for the odd compression here and there? Are you selling reduction tools from IM?

I'm 100% sure there is no economy designer in your team, have someone study and apply some of the "tactics" used in other games. I could help if you need the material or do not know where to start.

2.Premium dungeons worth something, again the lant that drops in there is...laughable. Have you ever reinforced a level 79 or 85 weapon? I'm guessing you haven't, you walk around with your char, dressed in crap and get excited over -_- Secret Lab jewels after you added the Nightmare sets! Just because you do not know what you need for it, that doesn't mean the rest of us are the same.

Benefits:

a)Ppl would pay for premium again, the ONLY reason I buy premium is so I can move gear around my chars when there is an event and I need room in my bags or get region chat. I bet if you had region on sale from IM, everyone would be buying it.

Social aspect, improvement ideas:

1.Do simple and fun events, it's easy...spawn mobs in Alban

2.Join SVS with an ubber char and let everyone attack you, give the person that kills you a simple glow or some cool, random thing.

3.Again, give classes custom events, we all play the game, give us something for the char we play.

It doesn't have to be elaborate, it just has to be something...show us you care!

What I'm trying to say is...if there are no players, there is no game so you better do something to calm the masses.

I beg of you to NOT make any decisions without knowing the game(mystics use curse dmg!?!!!)

I realize that you come at the office, you brainstorm how to fix stuff, please do not take this the wrong way but you do not know the game you are trying to revive.

You need to look at the "best" players of each class, determine it by PVP ranking and look at their accounts, copy their gear and join a FOC match. See what the gear is good for, see what resist is good for.

Or you can go in the class forums and read the multiple guides if you do not have time to be active in FOC.

To put it in simple terms, taking out resist is like taking the candies out of Candy Crush(which makes $1kk a day btw).

1. You make ALL theme gear useless(what would the point of strongest be?)

2. You make ET balls useless(goodluck getting someone going back to ET, you're going to kill a dungeon)

3. You make all resist from the rest of the in game gear useless(we just busted our asses for nothing)

You are far to deep in -_- to be making new dragons with new developers, you cannot keep us waiting anymore, you have to give us something until you can come up with more substantial content.

Thanks!

#2 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:04 PM

events make people log in for only a short time, they need to balance classes, add better rewards for battlefields, make honor point vendor, add daily raid quests and fix the forge rates

and they are adding resist to new sets i think

#3 djfree

djfree

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:54 PM

Hello,

So before you think this is another hate filled topic, let me assure you it is not.

Stopped reading there.

#4 hadro

hadro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 189 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:44 PM

There is alot of things that could make game alot better but firstly devs need to actualy play the game and feel the atmosphere from players perspective, after that they could actualy see what are main problems and what things they could actualy make better. ill just drop few things that they could do ( those things were said -_-loads of time but whatever) 

1) they need to get rid of 30 days things and make some stuff permanent. Id like to see a permanent mount which doesnt run at a speed of a turtle with a broken leg, they could make a quest where we could upgrade Rex to an 40% speed mount or smthing while the ppl who wants the fastest mounts can still pays for those.

Costumes : they can make all costumes pure cosmetic with no stats or lets say like 100 hp/mp and we could get those via drops at some %(small ones i quess),again ppl who want best posibel costumes can pay for them

. Also i am tired of *feeding* pet every month , come the -_- on give us permanent pet obtainable fome some kind of Bf just for the sake of autocolect function, or atleast if our pet timer expires let us lose those bonus stats but let the autocolect stay!

There are more of these things but u got the point.

2) If u want ppl to buy prem then boost it! not only lant/drop and those but for example when we buy prem we would get reduction tool for that period( or make reduction/repair free for the premium users) stuff like that. Also boost PD dungeons! like Pufosenia said lants in it are meh. with 50% lant bonus from IM and prem on lvl 87 i am geting like 1.1k gold per mob,rly ;s?Drop rates of sealed items are also laughable, i am exclusivly farming PD for the last 20 days  doing  10+- runs a day and in that period i think i got 2-3 costumes and thats all .

3) Change upgrade system ( both % wise, cost wise) : not that ppl are forced to use IM for getting their items upgraded, they are also *forced* to use IM tool since upgrading without those is a suicde lol, have u ever thought about those prices for real? 4-5kk per + is kinda expensive isnt it? When it comes to reinforcing, atleast alow ppl to make +10-15 gear without IM so they can atleast raid and not get 1 shoted from bosses.

4) make some fun events,even grind ones arent THAT bad if u can come up with something new and not only copy paste old events.

5) gona make this as last one now but there are -_-loads of stuff i forgot to mention since its kinda late ^^ KEEP IN TOUCH WITH A COMUNITY, u always want to hear feedbacks but yet u fail or dont try to do  them, like today u said 168 patch is coming out  and that maint time will change to monday yet u DIDNT SAY A GODDAMN WORD ALL DAY ABOUT IT. how the -_- can u be so unresponsible? why the hell u anounce things and then on the day of a patch nothing -_- happens? not a single word from devs lol

peace out

#5 Alteris

Alteris

Awarded #1 Troll

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 882 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

Hello,

Hi!

1.Better drop rates, it is RIDICULOUS to not have rare items drops from mobs(even if it s the same recolored eximius -_-, just make it more expensive when you NPC)

Benefits:

a)Ppl would actually farm again

b)Ppl would reduce and get decent amounts of xeons, is anyone using the reduction NPC except for the odd compression here and there? Are you selling reduction tools from IM?

I'm 100% sure there is no economy designer in your team, have someone study and apply some of the "tactics" used in other games. I could help if you need the material or do not know where to start.

This. We want this. Farming in an MMO should be fun. Better drop rates are not really the problem though. We have days where it's +200% drops with people with premium and +drop IM items and still see crap for drops. It's not fun because there is no flavor to the drops.

Increasing the drop rate doesn't change anything if the drop is from the same table of drops. What we want to do is add more flavor by adding cool/rare items to drop. This is something we are working on and you'll see where I our vision is going to.

2.Premium dungeons worth something, again the lant that drops in there is...laughable. Have you ever reinforced a level 79 or 85 weapon? I'm guessing you haven't, you walk around with your char, dressed in crap and get excited over -_- Secret Lab jewels after you added the Nightmare sets! Just because you do not know what you need for it, that doesn't mean the rest of us are the same.

Benefits:

a)Ppl would pay for premium again, the ONLY reason I buy premium is so I can move gear around my chars when there is an event and I need room in my bags or get region chat. I bet if you had region on sale from IM, everyone would be buying it.

We have seen level 79 and 85 weapons, and we know the cost of it. Sadly the lant sinks in the game are far and few so the old developers have added more and more to the upper end of reinforcement to make it difficult for +30s to occur, well that's what they were attempting to do anyways. 

We understand that Lant is so absurdly high because of this but increasing overall lant drop won't solve this problem.

As for premium, we are trying to actively increase the bonuses. Like for instance today we are adding a new bonus of getting +30% more Battlefield bonus points with Premium. 

Social aspect, improvement ideas:

1.Do simple and fun events, it's easy...spawn mobs in Alban

We did this last year but had tons of complaints through people reporting tickets. While this may be fun to you, there are others who do not find these things fun. We do spawn things around to world, for instance not too many weeks ago we had wild Titan Ruinhorns roaming in the Numaren countryside.

2.Join SVS with an ubber char and let everyone attack you, give the person that kills you a simple glow or some cool, random thing.

Again we did something similiar to this in FOC and was only met with harsh backlash. 

3.Again, give classes custom events, we all play the game, give us something for the char we play.

It doesn't have to be elaborate, it just has to be something...show us you care!

What I'm trying to say is...if there are no players, there is no game so you better do something to calm the masses.

I beg of you to NOT make any decisions without knowing the game(mystics use curse dmg!?!!!)

I realize that you come at the office, you brainstorm how to fix stuff, please do not take this the wrong way but you do not know the game you are trying to revive.

You need to look at the "best" players of each class, determine it by PVP ranking and look at their accounts, copy their gear and join a FOC match. See what the gear is good for, see what resist is good for.

Or you can go in the class forums and read the multiple guides if you do not have time to be active in FOC.

To put it in simple terms, taking out resist is like taking the candies out of Candy Crush(which makes $1kk a day btw).

1. You make ALL theme gear useless(what would the point of strongest be?)

2. You make ET balls useless(goodluck getting someone going back to ET, you're going to kill a dungeon)

3. You make all resist from the rest of the in game gear useless(we just busted our asses for nothing)

Quite the contrary, I am not removing resists from the game. But there is a point where resists caps and making it easier and easier for players to reach cap is absurd for all magic classes. This is the same for all physical classes as well. 

There is already an item out there that gives 72% resist to all properties at level 70. That is beyond crazy. You are 72% resistant from any spells with just ONE item. How in the world could we itemize the game revolving around that? The current cap is 80%, that means out of all the items you wear, you just need to make up the last 8% of resist to completely make more than half the classes in game do only 20% damage to you. Worse yet, it makes encounters so much more frustrating to design knowing that all players will eventually be 80% resistant to all spells you ever create. And this item is 20 level before cap!

I'm not trying to make a new game here. What Helium and I are doing is trying our best to make sure we don't have a game where everyone has 40K hp, always maxed armor and resists. It may look harsh now since the old developers have been leaning this way of balance since season 2, but we can see how this will go. If we continue to steer the game "how its always been" you will see maxed out stats that don't mean anything. 

We are not trying to nerf gear. We won't go back into the old items list and start removing resist from your armors and weapons wily nilly. We may make mistakes but we aren't insanely stupid to do that. But what we can do is maybe make items that make you go hmmm i might lose 15% resists on fire but I will do 22% more dps through so and so stat combination. 

We've been hearing about how a bunch of games (including Requiem) where items are  linear simple based on their intended level range:  level 5 < level 10 < level 15 <20 level 25. As long as you keep wearing what the new level stat items are the better it is right? You don't need to think about what's better, just simply wear the next level armor, get that sucker to +30 and it's best in slot hands down, no questions ask, i just need to copy AssassinTopGuildDude to be just as good. We want to avoid this method as this enforces the constant cycle of "bring out the next set"

We want item diversity in the game. These new level 90 (89, testing was done and it would TOTALLY suck to lose level 90 and can't wear the gear at all) may not be the "best in slot" item, that's because it's not going to be the only level 90 (89) set in the game. You might find out there might be better boots out there that give way better stats than getting that full set bonus, or you might find a helm from a rare nightmare monster that give tons of HP. Hell, that's why we made a unified set bonus so that maybe this isn't the only  "Steel Legionnaire" armor. Maybe there might be some other Steel Legionnaire armor out there that might be better in a certain stat and you'll still be able to retain your set bonus.

We are not the best designers out there, but we know that if we were to continue the game the original developers has intended, Requiem would be in a far worse of a mess than it is. People can get heated talking about our inabilities in making content for the game and I think that is understandable. I take all criticisms and apply it to my work. While some criticism doesn't really work help lol ("Alteris DIAF you suck"), any kind can definitely help.

You are far to deep in -_- to be making new dragons with new developers, you cannot keep us waiting anymore, you have to give us something until you can come up with more substantial content.

Okay this last comment got me really confused. We are too deep in XXXX to make a new dragons, but we can't make you wait anymore because we have to give you something until more substantial content is out.

:p_swt:  please clarify what you mean. You don't want us to make new stuff so that we can't make you wait for more new stuff is what it's conveying to me.

Thanks!

#6 Alteris

Alteris

Awarded #1 Troll

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 882 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

5) gona make this as last one now but there are shitloads of stuff i forgot to mention since its kinda late ^^ KEEP IN TOUCH WITH A COMUNITY, u always want to hear feedbacks but yet u fail or dont try to do  them, like today u said 168 patch is coming out  and that maint time will change to monday yet u DIDNT SAY A GODDAMN WORD ALL DAY ABOUT IT. how the fck can u be so unresponsible? why the hell u anounce things and then on the day of a patch nothing fucking happens? not a single word from devs lol

peace out

Hola Hadro!

I would love to keep in touch with the community. I love talking to the community, especially about things that I have interests in. But being in charge of Requiem can be quite busy and trying to keep in touch is a really taxing job. While people might have wild speculations on my day to day work ethic is, I think i'll have to give a basic rundown on how my day to day goes, while not 100% accurate, its a good estimate of what is done:

10:00 AM  - 11:00 AM: Come in to the office and check emails.

11:00 AM - 12:00 PM: Work on the previous day reports and finish them.

12:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Work on production side of Requiem, (sales charts, graphs, schedules, estimates)

2:00 PM - 3:00 PM: Lunch time! woo!

3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Meetings with Design team, Art team, Programming Team, Marketing Team ect.

5:00 PM - 6:00 PM: Design work finally! YESSSS!

6:00 PM - 7:00 PM: Follow up with teams on their tasks.

7:00 PM - ???? (AM/PM)  Yay some more work be it Designing or talking to more bosses.

I just don't have a large amount of time to be able to commit to talking with the community so much. That is one of the primary reasons I have a twitter! Got something to say, it's much easier for me to get your message or suggestions on twitter because it is directed immediately towards me. The forums takes a huge amount of time trying to read every single message and finding that one gem where a suggestion/input is clearly defined. While we do have a CM, he is really spread thin by being in 3 different games at once. I do apologize about the last minute callout about monday maintenance and we will try to not do this again.

#7 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:51 PM

The forums takes a huge amount of time trying to read every single message and finding that one gem where a suggestion/input is clearly defined.

*cough*

http://forums.warppo...ions-july-2014/

#8 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:10 PM

make it so u can compound 2 of any stat item from the frost crescent vendors possible. that is win!! just like s1 compounding red xeons.

Edited by sonemere, 18 August 2014 - 08:11 PM.

#9 Demtd

Demtd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:43 PM

I would like to request SvS more often but lesser rewards. I often miss the SvS with work and sleep. 

Also

Forge, we all need forge. 60% forge is the only time lvl 70+ gear can be improved to a decent level. Nobody bothers with forge until event once they reach these items. Even if its a small trickle of income from permanent forge its better than nothing. Waiting a couple of weeks to a month or more to up your items is ridiculous. 

#10 zombi3

zombi3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:47 PM

make it so you can compound mod drop items(I.E. Pez Meat Slice) 3 or more times, each one gaining 1.5 extra stat/recovery.

Pez Meat Slice: HP Recovery:1028

Pez Meat Slice I: HP Recovery:1524

Pez Meat Slice II: HP Recovery:2056

Pez Meat Slice II: HP Recovery:2570

#11 Alteris

Alteris

Awarded #1 Troll

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 882 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:57 PM

make it so you can compound mod drop items(I.E. Pez Meat Slice) 3 or more times, each one gaining 1.5 extra stat/recovery.

Ha! We were just discussing this!

#12 Empyro

Empyro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, U.S.A.
  • Server:Trif / Hammerine Vet

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:05 PM

Wow...its really nice to hear  your thoughts Alteris...its seemed so bottled up for yrs....nice to see ideas being bounced back finally tho ;)

#13 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:48 PM

such an amazin idea!!! i was just thinking the consumable drops needed a boost but this fixes it <3... the orginal cool down needs to be retained.

-use ion energies and add ion energy compound recipes too for aoe property damage.

---10 ion energy I + 10 ion energy I + 20 fire property damage = 10 ion energy with 50% original phys damage + fire property aoe damage. (light damage would heal??)

Edited by sonemere, 18 August 2014 - 10:52 PM.

#14 cevaceva62

cevaceva62

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 440 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:52 PM

What I meant by my last comment was that while you guys get excited and work on new stuff, you are just basically asking the community to "hold please" which we have been doing for years, you gotta throw us a bone while we wait! This is the reason you keep getting hate replies when that patch doesn't come in.

Trust me, I get it, I know how long it takes to design new stuff, test it, fix the bugs and release..

About the mob spawns, ppl probably complained because they were outdps-ed by full +30 chars but you know what! I was outdps-ed in events and that encouraged me to actually gear up my char instead of "crying in a corner"

The lord 300 events were very popular, if you do one more of those WITHOUT the sealed items, you would get the players to come back...because I farmed so much lant just picking up the theme 2 days items and NPC ing them.

The balls, again...they were everywhere, ppl had to party for them...you have to go in that direction, do not come up with stuff that 1 guy can kill, encourage parties.

Last but not least, how does it sound to you guys to introduce a "perfect party" concept? Increase the xp bonus and drop bonus when you have a perfect party, 1 char of each class or 1 char of each race.

Also I'll post some economy design "how to" on here once I gather everything and set it up in a coherent form.

Your schedule is confusing to me, I do not know you but here's how I would do it if I were you.

11:00-11:05-5 min daily scrum with the team, establish what needs to be done today; follow up in tomorrow's scrum

12:00 PM - 2:00 PM: Work on production side of Requiem, (sales charts, graphs, schedules, estimates)

Why are you doing this? Use a tool that allows you to automatically take sales charts, graphs...these things do not need to be handled daily

3:00 PM - 5:00 PM: Meetings with Design team, Art team, Programming Team, Marketing Team ect.

On a daily basis? Some of this stuff can be covered by the 5 min scrum.

See how much more time you have for this part?

No need to do this, scrum meeting ftw

7:00 PM - ???? (AM/PM)  Yay some more work be it Designing or talking to more bosses.

Scrum meetings, SHORT milestones, SHORT tasks...cut throat decisions when designers or developers spent too much time working on the final 5%

It looks to me like you are doing too many things daily, some of the stuff on your list should not be handled by someone that is also expected to design something, you need a project manager.

Edited by cevaceva62, 18 August 2014 - 11:12 PM.

#15 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:11 PM

Dear Alteris,

I am taking the liberty to write these comments and address the whole thing to you. All this is written in "good spirit" rather, and is not meant to be in any way "toxic". I will emphasise a few points I find important, I have been one of the oldest and most dedicated players in Requiem (and at the same time one of the biggest spenders, but this is another story), and although the truth is I have given up on this game for like a year now, somehow it still remains my first and treasured MMO game.

OK then, I can see that there is a lot of debate going on currently concerning new content, new gear, new stats, new skills and all that. By "new" I mean either really new or re-worked.

In your own reply(ies) I see you mentioned the particular problem of certain +30 items making the game "unfair" and creating an "imbalance". On this one, you are actually right. You are right on the fact that such items at their highest degree of upgrade are "too good". But, just one moment, this is nothing new, it actually exists in Requiem ever since the beginning of "Season 2" and the introduction of the "reinforcement system (aka +30)", in particular (also the enchanting and compounding system).

And why is it so? The reason it is so is simple. It does not really have to do with the "uberness" of particular items / gear and their inherent stats. It has to do with the ability to boost them to +30, fully enchant them with the best enchants, and reroll their stats (where applicable, e.g. lvl 85 gear and Nightmare jewelry).

The particular item you mention for lvl 70, and I know you are talking about the Rare TB resistance thingie, is a good example, but also a somewhat unfortunate one. This is why. While it can provide huge amounts of resistance (except light...) at +30, there is a slight catch. An item like this is notoriously hard (and expensive) to reinforce. Anyone who has tried know well, that you can hardly go beyond +4 or +5 without two things: 1) the (heavy) use of mall items, 2) a forge event (preferably a+50% or better). Now, if you take advantage of these both, then you have a winner.

So, in my eyes, and with this particular example, which reflects virtually any item in the game, and especially the higher level / grade ones, the real problem does not have to do with the actual stats items provide. The problem is the "ease", or actually even the possibility, to upgrade those items so high, that their stats become "godly". Now, just think for one second, what the result is, when a character has all their items fully upgraded. Yes, indeed. That character becomes a little "god", because they have virtually maximised and capped everything.

This situation, as I mentioned above, is not new, it has been going strong for years, I would say ever since 2010 or so. When we started getting "forge events" and when the "amplio xeons" also appeared, thus allowing further to reach the coveted "+30". I am talking from experience, since I have been one of those "mall w****s" that people want to call, and have created literally dozens of +30 8/8 items of all kinds.

This is where the Requiem system "fails", and not because one particular item or the next one, gives "high stats", or resistance, or whatever. And in the particular example for resistance, I would also like to add more. First of all, 80% resistance, while it appears to "cap" you, in fact is not enough. In practice, you will always receive debuffs, either one or several, that will lower this resistance, and it can be lowered a lot. So, it is not true, you would receive "only 20% spell damage". In order to have truly high resistance(s) you will need a much higher value (even if the actual number doesn't show) to compensate for said debuffs and still have high enough to mitigate most damage. This example is specific for resistance(s), but it is also good for anything else (although yes, it is most profound in the case of resistance).

So, you see, the core of the problem is not how much one particular item can you give in terms of stats and numbers. It has to do with the ability to fully upgrade (and with relative ease). Then, you get all items and gear and all effects stack. And then you finally reach "god mode".

I don't know if that should be even possible in the game (any game). It is another subject of discussion. The point here is that Requiem always allowed players who were / are willing to spend enough to get everything maxed. And this will give them an edge over those who did / could not spend, no matter what. So, you either have battles between those fully upgraded players (clash of the titans?) or they just stomp anyone else.

The recent trend you have introduced of staging several forge events with insane boni (that +60% or +65% figure is just absurd), will not really help the "poor newbie". I will accept that your primary purpose was to boost exactly those new players, but... You give them these crazy events to improve their Ordinary, Supernus, or Eximius gear (right, even Rare?), while still the chaps willing to spend will just have it easier to make even more "uber end game gear". So, I am afraid this solution will not work, since the "newbie" will still be at a disadvantage.

On the other hand, if you just start playing around with stats and numbers, it can be another big mess. I can tell you right here and now, no one will be terribly happy, especially from the (few?) dedicated players Requiem still has. No one would like to see the gear they already possess lose stats and potency, especially when they worked their butts (and probably also spent) to upgrade said gear. And no one will even think twice to go out there and get new gear / items if they prove to be inferior to what they already have. These are the plain facts I am afraid.

In conclusion, I can not be certain what your exact or medium / long term plans are, but my suggestion would be this. You would have to look into how the current system allows people to maximise the potential of items / gear and the ease to do so. You would have to look again, and with honesty, into the whole "item malls and spending" system. And yes, I realise very well, the game needs income to survive, but the emphasis we have seen for years only had the opposite effect and turned away people.

In your quest to create a better Requiem for tomorrow and the years to come, you really need to consider carefully what the cash shop contribution will be, before you even start applying new formulas and stats and everything on existing and future items / gear. And I hope my thoughts here would possibly contribute a speck towards that goal.

Thanks and good luck!

#16 cevaceva62

cevaceva62

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 440 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:19 PM

I agree but the thing is, they cannot simply remove amplios or mall items, that would mean that the chance a new player would have would be 0. If they want to balance the economy and give something to the new player, the only way to do this is by introducing a mechanism that allows you to gather item mall points. It doesn't have to be something big, but just maybe "give the illusion" that if you farm long enough you will eventually gain enough to +30 an item.

And another thing, the theme ornament might be the way to go for some classes but it is not for me, I need the scc ball to cap scc so I wouldn't even consider it.

Most casters use a ball +theme jewelery to cap all resist or enchant resist into their gear slots.

#17 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:44 AM

he says he doesnt have enough time to read the forums and people go posting 2 page essays [face palm]

#18 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:08 AM

why is it possible to enchant into a Ordinary Grade Armor or Weapon 

a Carus Grade Enchant?

you planning to unbalance the Battlefields even more right?

benefits for Capped players to equip there lower Toons gonna blast away the last free Players.

Excuses from the Staff are really amusing...

So a complain is welcome and listen to , when it prevents work for you GM`s?

Nice double standards.  - Should you not listen to the majority?

oh wait ...1 paying Customer counts more than 100 Free Players right...

my Bad.

#19 Skid

Skid

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1034 posts
  • Server:Warframe/Smite

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

Your problem is right in front of you.
You start everything, but finish...... NOTHING!
PS: And you seriously start from 10AM? Where can I apply for a job?

#20 ARKILIUS

ARKILIUS

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 757 posts
  • Locationbehind screen
  • Server:lost one

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:41 AM

Hola Hadro!

I would love to keep in touch with the community. I love talking to the community, especially about things that I have interests in. But being in charge of Requiem can be quite busy and trying to keep in touch is a really taxing job. While people might have wild speculations on my day to day work ethic is, I think i'll have to give a basic rundown on how my day to day goes, while not 100% accurate, its a good estimate of what is done:

I just don't have a large amount of time to be able to commit to talking with the community so much. That is one of the primary reasons I have a twitter! Got something to say, it's much easier for me to get your message or suggestions on twitter because it is directed immediately towards me. The forums takes a huge amount of time trying to read every single message and finding that one gem where a suggestion/input is clearly defined. While we do have a CM, he is really spread thin by being in 3 different games at once. I do apologize about the last minute callout about monday maintenance and we will try to not do this again.

good luck dev's , i mean it.

i have a hard job too dealing each day with people who are ever "in need" or "never happy" , so i can really understand.

people didn't understand why what THEY have to say ( what is more important than what the OTHERS have to say in a mess already so big and confused that almost nobody can hear/understand a thing) is not CONSIDERED.

You have a pharaonic task to accomplish...that said , i am not a dev , and don't know much these things . I am just a very old hardcore gamer who started with pong , space invaders and pac man to give you a idea XD and if gaming is my main hobbie , i admit i never had curiosity for the creating part , just want to be the one who have the pleasure of gaming ;-)

i know and play requiem since almost five years , but long afk a lot so let's say maybe two or three years cumulated... meaning i am not to be considered like these " old ones " i suppose.

However, just like them i love the particular atmosphere of Req... so i want to believe that you really try your best , and feel sorry for the feedback that can be hard to take for you.

i just hope , like some says ( Ninnghi , ceva , ) that you choose the good ways, and know that anyway , there is ever some who will complain, can't help.

your intentions are good , but maybe the ways not each time, i wonder if it's just because Ninnghi doesn't want to see new players turning OP like him ( just kidding ;-) ) but i understand his analysis.

So should we consider some events who help only low toons and not high ones ? for sure that sound unfair for high ones , but as they say themselves they are OP , so what's the matter ?

for example , the same way it's easy to make a ordinary +30 with a good forge should apply to sets exi or even rares but not for carus.

don't misunderstanding me i know the rates are already differents : while you can raise +13 rare sets for free with forge 60% you can only go +7 on carus 85 ( unless using battle coupons )

but maybe you should consider a bigger difference, like ability to raise rare +20 when carus stay +7 ? would it be more "fair" ?

knowing that the problem is the same or even bigger with nightmare sets : reinforcing supernus , eximius , rare is almost the same difficulty, is this something to change for giving more chances to low players ?

sorry for my bad english , tired tonight ^^'

i trust your "good willing" , hope you will choose the good paths

#21 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 01:45 PM

Your problem is right in front of you.
You start everything, but finish...... NOTHING!
PS: And you seriously start from 10AM? Where can I apply for a job?

Competent workers need not apply. I thought that was obvious from the effort we have seen put forth by Gravity Interactive as a whole. I think its a bit ridiculous when I hear there is more than 1 person working on development. The efforts are not even what 1 competent person can put into this game.

Edited by Cleffy, 27 August 2014 - 01:47 PM.

#22 Dyshana

Dyshana

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1410 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 12:28 AM

Some more suggestions:

- decrease break/step back when reinforce (at the beginning of s2 it was much better than now!)

- add the chance to get some mall for free (e.g. daily login reward after 50 days: 100 mall): it's not much (or something like daily quest=10 mall). Low quantity, but it would be useful to buy little things. (E.g. how many magic sticks do you sell? I don't think much)

- remove "bind" - or let it be unbindable with in-game items (again like reward for quests or battlefield).

#23 Unbound

Unbound

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

pretend-work.gif

Edited by ShazamO, 30 August 2014 - 08:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users