Expressing some thoughts, via a lot of words. - Page 6 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 7 votes

Expressing some thoughts, via a lot of words.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic

#126 strafe247

strafe247

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 516 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie / Ymir

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

Kind of hard to find, especially if the GM team has limited knowledge. For example, if it is recorded with effects off you can be holding down a macro spamming potions so that you'll heal up as soon as you lose hp. Or having a SPP which will heal people immediately upon losing health. I don't think many people would post videos of themselves, publicly, well they are actually cheating. It's not hard to use potions/ygg seeds/berrys when your HP drops. AP ruins a lot, but there are plenty of people that can pot very efficiently legitly. All it requires is a simple macro, surplus of supplies, or expensive hp recovery items. 

Not really. It's easy to spot when you see it in action within a substantial length of a replay.

I agree that there are not that many vids out there but some are careless enough to post a few.

#127 WhatsURPoint

WhatsURPoint

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

-starts pulling heavy things out of my cart and throws them at people- STOP PICKING ON XELLIE IN GAME!

Signed tiggy

Dang fogot to check if fiance was logged on before posting

Edited by WhatsURPoint, 20 August 2014 - 11:18 AM.

#128 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:15 AM

So, multiple guilds have changed emblems/blank emblems? Yet you guys are the only ones to ever have the rules enforced on you? lol makes sense.

It wasn't a blank emblem, have you ever seen me use a blank emblem?

I think guilds should be allowed to do whatever they want with their emblem, the only requirement should be that it covers at least 50% of the space. I understand why blank, or close to blank emblems can give an advantage.

Putting so much focus into caring about guilds changing their emblems mid woe is ridiculous. 

#129 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Shut up, real guilds are talking.

7gKNLIL.jpg

Valk never changes emblem and I have screenshots of their flags loading blank for me sometimes. I don't report it because I understand how RO works.

I also have video of that woe where an Aurora sniper was nodelaying

I also have video of people in that alliance botting battlegrounds

I'd say those things are a lot more serious than your potential sh!tty computer. I don't see you crying about real cheats tho.

#130 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn
  • Playing:Nothing

dang that's a bunch of words. a lot of them are about god items and siege stuff which i will hopefully keep my mouth shut about minus one thing

first, i wish someone would post a clear explanation of our relationship with kRO regarding, specifically, prerenewal. does any other prerenewal official server exist? i've picked up bits and pieces of this relationship over the years but i can't say i'm perfectly clear. i do wish i could bother someone at kRO about it, if we're a unique case. even if we're not, really. but yeah, i feel like a clear explanation of this would at least rule out some solutions we dream of

second thing i noticed, guild supply boxes. someone mentioned it kills newbie revenue, and it does. however, i also remember having this discussion a while back about empty bottles, and people apparently don't farm up enough enough items to power siege guilds. that's it's own discussion and probably shouldn't take over this one, just saying it's a complex problem that affects more than the new players that can't sell things as effectively now. there might be a foundry thread but i haven't been in there in a bit.

third, i watched the skillful ro play vid. dang, potting's rough, but that seems directly related to my first point: i doubt we can fix that sucker without nagging kRO. how2gainfreedom???

fourth, regarding bot/illegal bans, what happened to banlists being publicly posted? too much drama created? i think we can agree that drama happens over bans whether they're posted or not. seeing bots banned though, that feels gooooooood. any chance of that coming back?

last and a minor point cause i guess this is all about god items and other things i don't really mess with, but i did see a THERES NO REASON TO JOIN CLASSIC post and that is wrong! i stream stupid pvm junk, occasionally people come in and wanna play. there are reasons to play this, even if you think they're boring or dumb. stop posting this. maybe the way YOU want to play isn't going that well, and i'm sorry and i hope it gets fixed. but dang it this doesn't help stop please!

ok go back to your siege chat. love, pvm player #354

#131 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:18 AM

I believe it was posted a year or two ago that the ban list took a lot of hours to update so they stopped. I suppose they could make a new one for very select things to minimize the time such as rmt, nodelay, packet editing and stuff.

#132 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

I can't believe you dumbasses bought my line about emblems lagging. The don't lag, they reload when you move or do a skill. They don't go blank when you change lol.

Valk never changes emblem and I have screenshots of their flags loading blank for me sometimes. I don't report it because I understand how RO works.

I also have video of that woe where an Aurora sniper was nodelaying

I also have video of people in that alliance botting battlegrounds

I'd say those things are a lot more serious than your potential sh!tty computer. I don't see you crying about real cheats tho.

Definitely my pc then. GG you win this time Xellie. lmao.  :heh:

aLXItst.jpg uh huh

Edited by IcedCafeMocha, 20 August 2014 - 11:38 AM.

#133 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

It wasn't a blank emblem, have you ever seen me use a blank emblem?

I think guilds should be allowed to do whatever they want with their emblem, the only requirement should be that it covers at least 50% of the space. I understand why blank, or close to blank emblems can give an advantage.

Putting so much focus into caring about guilds changing their emblems mid woe is ridiculous. 

I wasn't saying you used blank emblem, but multiple other guilds have. I just think its ironic and stupid that since that rule was put in that your guild was the only one ever effected by it. Hell, I switched it in mine post that rule (monster truck -> Hawaiian punch man). 

There is no consistency in the rules. I believe the rules are made up on the spot depending on which GM you talk to. There needs to be a set rulebook and the enforcement of the rules should be consistent regardless of who breaks the rules. 

#134 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

I wasn't saying you used blank emblem, but multiple other guilds have. I just think its ironic and stupid that since that rule was put in that your guild was the only one ever effected by it. Hell, I switched it in mine post that rule (monster truck -> Hawaiian punch man). 

There is no consistency in the rules. I believe the rules are made up on the spot depending on which GM you talk to. There needs to be a set rulebook and the enforcement of the rules should be consistent regardless of who breaks the rules. 

It would be a nice idea :( 

#135 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

Definitely my pc then. GG you win this time Xellie. lmao.  :heh:

Lol those are unrelated incidences. But it does happen.

We're not even talking about blank emblems here, we're talking about simply swapping from one visible emblem to another.

It does NOT blank the emblem.

What blanks the emblem is lag and that happens without it changing (much like it does sometimes with Woe Flags if you haven't viewed them after maint) - the emblem does not need to change for this to happen

#RO101

#136 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

I agree, consistency is the most important factor when having and enforcing rules.

#137 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:25 AM

I agree, consistency is the most important factor when having and enforcing rules.

That's exactly my point. But they only care when we do it to valk. Ever.

Pretty sure the only reason you got banned was because I reported it for having just been reamed about changing from  the winged emblem to our standard one about 10 mins after WoE started.

#138 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:29 AM

Look at trading of WoE 1 god items. You ask 1 gm and they say yes, then you ask another and they say no. 

Look at noshake, you ask 1 gm if that's ok and they say yes, you then get banned for posting a video with noshake.

Look at how certain people get banned for even playing LEGIT (SNSD, once), yet other people can cheat for a year + (w/e that sniper in h8 was).

I could come up with a million examples of this.

There is ZERO consistency on what rules are enforced and what is/isn't allowed. There needs to be an *updated* "rules list" of what you can and can't do. Hand that -_- out to all of the GM's and have them all follow the instructions. It sucks being consistent with things, but its like parenting... You have to do it or else your child will become Charles Manson. The GM's don't want their playerbase to get bad tattoos on their foreheads... Do they? 

#139 tigriss216

tigriss216

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • Server:both

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:32 AM

ther needs to be consistancy all around. Not just with the rules. When youu send inn tickets it's a crapshoot if your gonna get someone who either knows how to fix something or even one that knows if they are allowed to do something.

#140 ElenaGilbert

ElenaGilbert

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1186 posts
  • LocationAUSTRALIA , QLD!!

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:34 AM

can i get unbanned yet? why am i still banned? -_-

#141 Jenna

Jenna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:34 AM

I always miss the good stuff while I'm at work. :/

Regarding the Asprika and God Item issue: I am unsure why the Asprika is still in question -- The run was complete, the Valhalla guild has proved that they can do the run due to their numerous Asprikas, and where can we find this situational information about when the Asprika creation can be made? Then you include the costs of each run... Yikes, that frustration in KP + supplies.

Seal Power 2. This is something I don't really understand. How did three god items be made in one seal roll? I wasn't here for this but if this is true... there should be only a max of two god items, no?

Regarding Emblem changing: Its selective on who gets punished, I think that point has been made clearly. Camp has already said moving forward it will be enforced due to GM's not answering correctly? pretty much from this is what I'm getting that rules aren't being enforced consistently... and what I'm getting from Camp's replies is that it now will be? I dunno what to say about this due to I still don't think it's a high priority bannable offense and sometimes the game takes one or two seconds to load the emblem switch?

#142 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:54 PM

can i get unbanned yet? why am i still banned? -_-

I hope they at least acknowledge your case.

It's seems ridiculous that they put their foot down and refuse to review the evidence that you shared with other players.

I'm very disappointed by that

#143 Acowlyte

Acowlyte

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Server:Forum Player

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:53 PM

It always seemed like kRO's Gravity don't care about any of these issues as most of them are in the game since forever, why would a publisher try to fix a developer issue? After all, Gravity US is not a non-profitable organization of any kind iirc, and to do that would be necessary more investment.

More than that, why do a player need to grab videos em screens and report thing intensively when this is what GMs should be doing since the start?

But wait, do the GM even know how the game work? Is there any way to teach it to them? RO is a complex old game, any veteran player know a lot more of the game mechanics than the GM team. Are there new tools being developed to help the GM team out? I don't think so. On the other side, new exploits appear on the game as every patch or update has a chance to brake something.

We're all with the idea of "I'll help to fix that, and then I'll play the game." But it dies there, there's no way to fix the game without intervention of the developers. And I'm pretty sure it is even harder to fix Classic server, it still uses a old as hell client and is not currently on plans of kRO's Gravity.

Rules will not fix anything, maybe slow things a little, but rules can be broken and it will always be. Anyway, it's not like we can do much more than that, so go ahead! I really wish things get done. |:

Well, just my rant.

Edited by Acowlyte, 20 August 2014 - 02:55 PM.

#144 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 02:59 PM

They can do a ton against people that break that but it's up to them to enforce a good punishment/public shaming would be good. They probably won't help classic kro that is since classic servers in korea are giving kro a real beating lately from the numbers I've seen.

Edited by needmorezleep, 20 August 2014 - 03:00 PM.

#145 Acowlyte

Acowlyte

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • Server:Forum Player

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:39 PM

They can do a ton against people that break that but it's up to them to enforce a good punishment/public shaming would be good. They probably won't help classic kro that is since classic servers in korea are giving kro a real beating lately from the numbers I've seen.

Is there a classic server in Korea?

#146 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

Not official ones which is a good reason for kro to hate them since they steal the majority of their population such as how a current classic server breaks 12k~15k online while the official renewal gets about 2k daily or so?. I think ThailandRO is opening a classic server now or maybe it was the Philippines from what I heard but that could be wrong.

#147 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:55 PM

Is there a classic server in Korea?

No. iRO is running the only official pre-renewal server that I'm aware of. kRO have also taken an indifferent approach towards the server. They've been helping out with some issues (like the enormous server issues we had at launch) but really dont have an interest in supporting it. Which is why we still dont have a proper 13.2 client with stat orbs etc.

#148 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:00 PM

let's all play the next official classic server that opens guis :D

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 20 August 2014 - 05:01 PM.

#149 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:47 PM

I know of one thing that will solve ALL the problems...but piss off and make 90%, if not 99%, of the population for both servers flat out quit. Restart from scratch. Everyone is a 1/1 novice, they can only have TWO accounts, one is restricted to one char, that can't leave cities and is a Merchant, just so you can vend, the other can have unlimited character slots. Something like kRO has for their account registration to ensure that people that bot/cheat get banned, and NO exceptions to the rules.

Like I said, it would piss off and make 90-99% of people quit most likely. But it would handle all the current complaints, and potentially future ones as well.

#150 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:56 PM

I know of one thing that will solve ALL the problems...but piss off and make 90%, if not 99%, of the population for both servers flat out quit. Restart from scratch. Everyone is a 1/1 novice, they can only have TWO accounts, one is restricted to one char, that can't leave cities and is a Merchant, just so you can vend, the other can have unlimited character slots. Something like kRO has for their account registration to ensure that people that bot/cheat get banned, and NO exceptions to the rules.

Like I said, it would piss off and make 90-99% of people quit most likely. But it would handle all the current complaints, and potentially future ones as well.

I don't see how they could limit accounts. It encourages party play though since you can't do everything yourself. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users