Dragons Breath On the Renewal Server - Page 10 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Dragons Breath On the Renewal Server

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
267 replies to this topic

#226 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:38 PM

adding a fixed cast to masqs would be cool too

#227 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

kRO tells us it is an intended effect of Stasis. We still have an open request to make a version only change that has walls block it.

Or you can ask kro to give us their status resistance for stasis that reduces duration according to stats. Stasis is balanced in kro.

#228 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

[quote name="Toxn" post="1881918" timestamp="1408757887"]

adding a fixed cast to masqs would be cool too[/quote
Spam 1m likes

#229 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:44 PM

I even double checked the reported user's stats at the time of the the incident to make sure we aren't overlooking something (his stats did not mysteriously change, and I checked the back ups). Oda is currently uploading the video of my test. So far everything has shown that spamming Dragon's Breath at that rate is possible if you don't mind the possibility of carpel tunnel, have the use of a good gaming mouse, or are at the extreme range of playing ability. Since it is a possibility, we can't just ban because a user does it at that speed which is why we have to approach this from the balance stand point. Because a tank class throwing out high damage AoE DPS at a very very imbalanced thing in all parts of the game.

The reason I can't chain it as well as another user could very well come down to me just not being as good at that class as the user in question. I am not a Rune Knight that has been using that skill for multiple years. Please understand the intention of our balance testing is to make it so that chaining like that would be downright impossible without the use of cheats. So that ANY new video that comes out will much more easily be identified as containing a bad user who can then be suspended suspended safely.

#230 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:48 PM

Look, I don't play renewal much but I can tell you that the RK in your video has its cast animation every few casts, compared to these other videos which are blatantly nodelay

nodelay does exactly that and does away with those after cast attack animations.

#231 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:49 PM

Thats not even anywhere close to the speed of blatantly cheating RKs... Not to mention you are completing your animation like a legitimate person would where as the ones reported are not.

#232 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

You're speed isnt ANYWHERE near the speed of the RK in question. Also how can you use an Adrenaline Rush scroll if you are using a DAGGER.

#233 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

kRO tells us it is an intended effect of Stasis. We still have an open request to make a version only change that has walls block it.

Wow, that's interesting.

But kRO has the status resistance. I believe it was tested on Sakray back when new balance patch came from HQ. Would it be possible to get such resistance at least?

Have to remember that kRO does not allow that many "alt-accounts", therefore Stasis is not as broken as how it is here on iRO.

#234 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • LocationRelocated ---->Bio 4
  • Server:Chaos>Valkyrie>New Chaos

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

Nice try Camp but no.

Edited by KiyokoHasami, 22 August 2014 - 04:51 PM.

#235 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:52 PM

Videos are completely night and day. Your DB "spam" isn't spam AT ALL. You're testing right next to the servers, 0 latency, 0 time in sending packets to and fro the server, on a map/test server with 4 people on it and this is the best you can show us. Your video proves that the RKs in the posted videos are using nodelay, NOT vise versa.

While in the other videos posted, these RKs spam over 40-50 dragon breaths without any sort of animation breakage with faster cast times than yours making it even harder, on a map server with 100 other people spamming skills and you call that legit?

Holden must be just laughing right now since this seems like a big joke. This really goes to show that the GM team is yet again blind to the legit and what is non-legit.

Edited by KamiKali, 22 August 2014 - 04:57 PM.

#236 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:54 PM

I even double checked the reported user's stats at the time of the the incident to make sure we aren't overlooking something (his stats did not mysteriously change, and I checked the back ups). Oda is currently uploading the video of my test. So far everything has shown that spamming Dragon's Breath at that rate is possible if you don't mind the possibility of carpel tunnel, have the use of a good gaming mouse, or are at the extreme range of playing ability. Since it is a possibility, we can't just ban because a user does it at that speed which is why we have to approach this from the balance stand point. Because a tank class throwing out high damage AoE DPS at a very very imbalanced thing in all parts of the game.

Worth noting you're doing it about half the speed of the user shown in the video's posted in this thread of live woe

#237 lightdrizzle

lightdrizzle

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 965 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

The DB test looks nothing like the original videos shown. The original video has DBs going sooooo consistently smooth.

#238 Frike

Frike

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:59 PM

that video is just a bad joke right?....

#239 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:00 PM

The reason I can't chain it as well as another user could very well come down to me just not being as good at that class as the user in question. I am not a Rune Knight that has been using that skill for multiple years. Please understand the intention of our balance testing is to make it so that chaining like that would be downright impossible without the use of cheats. So that ANY new video that comes out will much more easily be identified as containing a bad user who can then be suspended suspended safely.

#240 Sirolrex

Sirolrex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

I would like to say that's not the same ballpark but you're not even playing the same game.  It's ridiculous that you think anyone can legitimately spam DB as fast as what was shown in the video. 

#241 KamiKali

KamiKali

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5143 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

Sorry but it doesn't take skill to push 1 button and click on the screen.

#242 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

What is your view on using a Macro to cast? Toggle Macro or Press Hold Macro?

#243 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:04 PM

The reason you can't chain it as well as another user could is because you are NOT using no delay like they are.

Any new videos? So RKs who were cheating wont be banned (or already unbanned) were just given a slap on the wrist when they've been cheating for so long. 

#244 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:05 PM

A legit db can't be absolutely flawless and perfectly timed (in woe) taking into consideration the awful lag and latency when you're not close to the server, now look at your video, you're at gravity HQ and that's the best you can manage. Seriously speaking I think you guys need to experience nodelay programs first hand to recognize it's not "skills" or a super gaming mouse...

Edited by meli, 22 August 2014 - 05:07 PM.

#245 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:05 PM

Considering most of the reported RKs are probably using a macro, Id suggest testing with one. A simple AHK script would get the job done if you cant spam it manually fast enough to make a good comparison.

#246 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

Look man, can you just admit that you're wrong here?

That would be better than you trying to compare your video to the person in question.

If you will let me, I will get a video made that I can actually post showing the difference.

Everyone in this thread now knows that you are wrong and a huge joke if you don't take action.

The user was using a dagger, why do you keep ignoring this? You also didn't show all the buffs you used.

Campitor told me this is what he used yesterday buff wise for anyone wanting to do your own testing:

We were able to get 191 Attack Speed then using Asir Runestone, Enriched Celemine, +20 Stat Food, Inc Agi, Blessing, String, Ar

Edited by Myzery, 22 August 2014 - 05:06 PM.

#247 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:07 PM

Use autohotkey / g15 rapid fire spam... I can send you one if you want.

This takes no skill. I promise.

#248 Joshiji

Joshiji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

I think you should just use a macro for testing purposes. If you can't get that speed while spamming DB as fast as physically possible then that other RK is definitely cheating.

#249 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:08 PM

Also, Camp. We can send you no delay and have you make a video comparing the two.

You're doing a poor job here. I guess CM stands for "Continuous Mockery" because this is what you're doing to the community.

#250 Kydon

Kydon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 05:09 PM

Mark this day for it is the day that the average player learns the truth about woe. EVERYONE IS CHEATING AND NOONE IS GETTING BANNED FOR IT.

Ragnarok is here, bring out the pitchforks and burn down warpportal!!

Edited by Kydon, 22 August 2014 - 05:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users