Dragons Breath On the Renewal Server - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Dragons Breath On the Renewal Server

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
267 replies to this topic

#76 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:10 PM

who cares about woe lol we talking about pvm lol

#77 thatfool

thatfool

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1909 posts
  • LocationMoscow, Russia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:22 PM

If it's entirely unbalanced and ruins WoE shouldn't you idiots be happy they're actually doing some game balancing? rofl

we first need to find out when was the last time warpportal knows anything about ro  :p_smile:

#78 s3nd0

s3nd0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1132 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:35 PM

Instead of nerfing this or that, can warpportal gms relocate their times on fixing the lags/dc on the server? I believe thats the way to benefit all players in this game....... You guys jumpped to task #100 but failed to fix the most important task #1

#79 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:49 PM

No, adding a fixed after cast delay to DB is understandable.

Dragon Breath is one of the few skills that can bypass most game reductions and have no fixed cast time.

Thank you for helping balancing the game...

Now, if would it be possible to remove that 1 second cooldown to release spell, that would make this announcement even better. =)

Thank you.

PS; I think GMs were looking at a different guild/players when deciding to ban/test this no delay thing... pretty sure if they actually go and check the one used on some other videos submitted to them, the results would've been quite different...

Edited by Mulder1, 21 August 2014 - 10:58 PM.

#80 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:55 PM

:heh:

#81 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:57 PM

Dragon's Breath is broken in WoE because of cheating. This is an indisputable fact. 

I'm glad DB is getting nerfed but this really does hurts PVM players 

#82 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:59 PM

Dragon's Breath is broken in WoE because of cheating. This is an indisputable fact. 

There's always some people who are affected involuntary... that's how life works after all...

#83 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:08 PM

When Release got its 1 second cooldown, we never got a stat reset npc.

Cooldown is fine, it will make gaming experience more balanced.

Unlike release, spamming rune knight build is heavily dependent on stats/gears thus its required. This time at least.

#84 Mulder1

Mulder1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1610 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:09 PM

Unlike release, spamming rune knight build is heavily dependent on stats/gears thus its required. This time at least.

Same for high ASPD Warlocks...

#85 Zayaan

Zayaan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1802 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:11 PM

Disable DB in WOE. :p_devil:

#86 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:20 PM

we first need to find out when was the last time warpportal knows anything about ro  :p_smile:

If this statement was made into pictures:

24vuqv6.jpg

35cj3md.jpg

#87 djxstatik

djxstatik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:45 PM

Instead of nerfing this or that, can warpportal gms relocate their times on fixing the lags/dc on the server? I believe thats the way to benefit all players in this game....... You guys jumpped to task #100 but failed to fix the most important task #1

So true!

#88 sheepmia

sheepmia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:53 PM

Campitor, as a community manager, I think you have done a great job.

However, nerfing DB is the stupidest idea in order to "Balance" woe.

Seriously there is nothing wrong with fast DB speeds, other classes can spam skills in the same way RKs spam DB.

We should be getting kRO updates to "balance" the game instead of nerfing this or that..

How much "balance" you think you can bring to the game without having any ideas of how the game works??????

I mean.. you even suspected legit players for cheating, because you didn't have any idea HOW skill delay works!

How can the community expect the so called "Balance" from you??????

So the answer is NO. You guys should not change DB. We need to get kRO updates instead.

#89 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:58 PM

Same for high ASPD Warlocks...

Now its the best opportunity to ask for a stat reset for both then :) imo any nerf/balancing patch should always come with a limited stat/skill resets.

In all honesty though, a fixed cooldown on db should've been implemented long time ago. Its just that the cheat factor made it more apparent and necessary. As been said before, nothing will make iRo a bug /cheat free and balanced game if people didn't exploit and cheat in the first place. "Keep it up" to the Gms and players.

And oh, db will be much stronger in later patches anyway.

#90 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:02 AM

Dragons breath mechanics get completely changed in the 160 update. Campitor instead of screwing around trying to nerf a skill and stuffing up something that dose not need to be. How about you get to work on the 160 update which is supposed to come out this year??? If you just put out the relevant update then Dragons Breath gets a complete re-work anyways.

Edited by Alicesaurus, 22 August 2014 - 12:05 AM.

#91 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:14 AM

Dragons breath mechanics get completely changed in the 160 update. Campitor instead of screwing around trying to nerf a skill and stuffing up something that dose not need to be. How about you get to work on the 160 update which is supposed to come out this year??? If you just put out the relevant update then Dragons Breath gets a complete re-work anyways.

It becomes much stronger in the future though, Alice.

Everyone wants the update, but we can't ignore cheating like this.

I don't want the skill to be nerfed. I personally want people to be punished that are cheating and ruining it for the rest of the players (Which includes the whole community).

#92 kiddomaddo

kiddomaddo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:31 AM

Hello iRO players,

After giving a great deal of thought to this issue, I have finally been able to find the root cause of this problem. It is the damn dragon itself. Had we not been introduced to these dangerous creatures, this day would've never come. I think we should get rid of the dragon once and for all.

I say bring back the Pecos!

#PecoRevolution

#93 AkaneSwifthand

AkaneSwifthand

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 313 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 12:58 AM

Wow... so... after Lying for years the IRo staff can actually modify things

ohhhh the lulz is so massive, it hurts

Also "OH GOY WE JUST REALIZED THAT WITH SOME PIECE OF EQUIPMENT RK BECOME DECENT, LETS FIX THAT ASAP AND THEN RETURN OUR HEAD TO THE HOLE TO IGNORE THE OTHER CERTAIN CLASS THAT IS BROKEN!!!"

#94 ShamStalin

ShamStalin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:01 AM

Campitor, as a community manager, I think you have done a great job.

However, nerfing DB is the stupidest idea in order to "Balance" woe.

Seriously there is nothing wrong with fast DB speeds, other classes can spam skills in the same way RKs spam DB.

We should be getting kRO updates to "balance" the game instead of nerfing this or that..

How much "balance" you think you can bring to the game without having any ideas of how the game works??????

I mean.. you even suspected legit players for cheating, because you didn't have any idea HOW skill delay works!

How can the community expect the so called "Balance" from you??????

So the answer is NO. You guys should not change DB. We need to get kRO updates instead.

Totally agree, get KRO patch and everything will be solved, DB will be reduced by demi/range reducts anyways?

Those people who doesn't use fire armor/RG's sacrifice/Defending Aura/Pneuma will think DB overly powered. Thats not true, that is where support characters plays big role in woe, CC Shuras to stop those RKs, Chasers with [OP Masq Gloomy to remove dragon], yet, rather than nerfing it, why don't all RKs try to learn and achieve that kind of DB spam?

Regarding aspd, what do you expect DBing with 120 vit 120 int with no agi? super fast DB? you have to invest on gears, re-stat to get agi for aspd, you are actually sacrificing a lot of stat points just to get that DB spam with lower hp, in return your hp goes lower, you can no longer use WoE Set due to Temporal Boots, which is fair enough, there are pros and cons.

Nerfing it just making the game boring and less exciting, less creativity on builds, because spamming DB is like an art, and it require a lot of effort, billions of zeny to get that DB spam good. Enough with Stormblast nerf, useless Ignition Break in woe, weak Hundred Spears, Wind Cutter/Sonic Wave totally a joke, now what? adding fixed after cast delay to DB? hahah.

Big solution : get 175/60, Fire/Water DB, way more balanced, people doesn't have to default Pasana/Fire Armor anymore, they comes with bigger challenge, explore new gameplay, require more creativity to counter Dragon Breath/Water Breath.

#95 Azor

Azor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:52 AM

while your at it nerf Insta cast Sorc's, Sura's insta Gfist, Ranger insta AS, etc....

#96 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:15 AM

For once something in this game is working as intended and you guys who don't have a lot of experience with game balancing want to mess with something kRO designed? Any unnecessary action you guys take will only do more harm to the server.

How about you investigate reports for cheaters instead of hurting the whole rk playerbase? it's so easy for you to nerf/disable something (thorn wall, lich bone wand, previously volcanic ash and recently deluge?) instead of putting effort into banning those who use illegit tatics. You simply don't want to bother it sounds like, so you choose the easy way out. I'm disappointed, honestly.

Ask kro for their updates for dragon breath such as it being reduced by demi human reductions if you want "proper" balance. Thought you repeatedly said before that you COULDN'T change how a skill works without kro's permission?

PS; all this crap for dragon breath but you don't seem to be able to change suicidal destruction which is the most broken skill in woe atm? disable pneuma too while you're at it, COMPLETELY BLOCKS DB, TOO OP.

Edited by meli, 22 August 2014 - 04:51 AM.

#97 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:03 AM

Big solution : get 175/60, Fire/Water DB, way more balanced, people doesn't have to default Pasana/Fire Armor anymore, they comes with bigger challenge, explore new gameplay, require more creativity to counter Dragon Breath/Water Breath.

The thing is, the fact that db will be stronger by then and if nothing is being done about the so called no-delay dragon breath spam then it will be a disaster in WoE environment. Don't you think? So the update will do nothing for the situation in this regard. And trust me, while there are counters to this a lot of players refuse to adapt new strategies or learn.

From past experiences on iRo, putting a nerf on a skill/monster/map/quest due to an exploit is easier on the GM team than hunting down the illegities. Sadly, this always end up hurting the majority of the player base, sometimes there is no choice.

#98 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:08 AM

Banned

Reason: Player was too good, we thought they were cheating...

But no really, get the updated DB formula for ranged mods and this will be a nice balance. Otherwise, ugh, why didn't I play RK when I had the chance? What about us PVM RKs?

Edited by Havenn, 22 August 2014 - 04:09 AM.

#99 Yggdrasil13

Yggdrasil13

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1116 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:08 AM

Now: Dealing with Dragon Breath

Future: Dealing with more Dragon Breath

Where's the new game-play?

#100 Hikusaak

Hikusaak

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1384 posts
  • LocationCircle Palace, Crystal Valley, Harmonia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:26 AM

Chill now,guys.This is Ragnarok.Starts with R and ends with K.Together they make RK :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users