CART CANNON - Page 4 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 5 votes

CART CANNON

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#76 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:15 PM

shut up I lost 10-13k damage. You lose 10-13k damage per hit and come back say its not a problem.

i cant do 10-13k per hit on a spammable targetting aoe thats can be instant cast and with no after cast delay at all >>. I'd still love to have cart cannon, even the nerfed version.

#77 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:25 PM

No more like 27-32k down to 17k

Bit over the top, to be that angry about it, you were basically 1-2 hitting things before, in pvm, on a class that is supposed to be for bio type stuff, hence none of the plant stuff was nerfed.

The only problem you should have is that not all the balance patches that kro has up to now were put in, that's the part I find unfair.

#78 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:32 PM

Bit over the top, to be that angry about it, you were basically 1-2 hitting things before, in pvm, on a class that is supposed to be for bio type stuff, hence none of the plant stuff was nerfed.

The only problem you should have is that not all the balance patches that kro has up to now were put in, that's the part I find unfair.

I'm not sure if you've noticed that Genetics have two main skill trees. Cart skills or Plant Skills.

Your argument is basically trying to say the cart skills are not supposed to be used by the class and you wish to push them all into one standardized build.

How boring.

#79 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 November 2010 - 06:35 PM

WHAT THE :D, I WANT THE OLD CART CANNON BACK

STUPID QQ'ers

#80 CocaCola

CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:09 PM

K so you saying I have spend 30k~ per mob to lvl? Hells plant....how about 400-600k with aoe AB...what else would I lvl with? Squishy class that needs babysitting to effectively solo.

#81 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:09 PM

ive seen vids of reflex, his PT n wario are hilarious. Only DDD i know from Georgia is teh albino a falco/DDD user

if you wanna pick up olimar watch broods vs M2k or anything recent richbrown has up.

Wait, you live in Ga?

#82 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:18 PM

you can still do 17k damage, my rolling cutter does 200% damage and is only 3x3, highly spammable but only great with edp, which costs 160k and lasts 1 1/2 minutes at most.

Pretty sure you only need 1-2 more cart canons to kill the mob, I guess your complaining because instead of mobbing 15 and 1-2 hitting them, you may have to mob a little less and hit 1-2 more times.

I seriously doubt that cart canon is wortheless, just not as insane as it was.

#83 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:25 PM

Wait, you live in Ga?

no, ohio. In smash you typically look at players in their own respective regions. The guy i was talking to must live somewhere in GA because the person we were discussing is a top player from that state.

So GA would be considered Atlantic South, and my region is considered MidWest

Edited by Cubical, 10 November 2010 - 07:26 PM.

#84 StStephen

StStephen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationHayward, California, United States of America

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:25 PM

How convenient that many of the big names already got to use their cart cannon to get to really high levels and now it gets nerfed before everybody else can grind their way up.

#85 BlackPotato

BlackPotato

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • LocationIris born, loud and proud!
  • Server:Iris

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:27 PM

skills like cart cannon and ab dont need to be reduced pvm. its a WoE reduction thats needed, like CS and ALL other ranged skills like its supposed to be. stupid gms, who gave them the back the keys and told them its cool to take the car out again.... grumbles...

#86 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:28 PM

While I do understand that Geneticists would get mad with the Cart Cannon nerf in terms of PvE/Lvling, but from another perspective, before this, Cart Cannon was probably the fastest mob killing skill there is. With the nerf, it puts you about on par with a couple of the classes (and still above others). So I don't get the "How am I supposed to level" bit when you still have a PvE/Leveling killing capacity equal to or greater than the other 3rds.

#87 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:34 PM

exactly lol, i'd give all my third class skills just to get your cart boost, cart cannon and modify cart skills. I dont think genetics have a right to whine about anything atm really

#88 Cubical

Cubical

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 888 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:36 PM

especially when they're all OD2 babies

#89 Pandapoop

Pandapoop

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:56 PM

Mmmm I just saw a Genetic in AL3 mass killing with 14k per shot, doesn't look too bad. It's just like LR now without sphere cost.

#90 SamuelAdams

SamuelAdams

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 720 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:07 PM

What about bios?
Forget, they nerfed ab too. It already has a horrid cast time. Plus with mvps giving out less exp now than they are supposed to...
Death to my bio. >_>
:D them nerfing leveling skills.
Would be like if ministrel classes only leveling skill got nerfed, oh wait, that happened. But they still have ds to fall back on. What do I have? Mammonite? :unsure:. If I want to bleed my wallet out completely sure that works. >_>
All this has done is make me hate this server.

#91 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:09 PM

Cart Cannon leveling still kills as fast (if not faster) than Severe Rainstorm, Psychic Wave, Skynet Blow, to name a few. So, give it up with the whole death to leveling thing because there are still classes that kill slower than you and still manage to level up.

#92 rayy

rayy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:17 PM

i really do feel sorry for all those genetics out there with no god items doing 6-9k (with foods popped) per cart cannon now :D

Edited by rayy, 10 November 2010 - 08:19 PM.

#93 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:20 PM

i really do feel sorry for all those genetics out there with no god items doing 6-9k per cart cannon now :unsure:

I'd trade that 6-9k per cart cannon for my Psychic Wave. I bet I'd definitely be able to level much faster that way :D.

Basically, people are just upset with this ninja patch. Otherwise, we're bound to get kRO updates sooner or later (it's just odd that these skills got their updates and the rest haven't yet).

So, for something to keep in mind. hey guys, read the weekly kRO patch updates. We're bound to get their updates later down the road. Might as well read it now so we don't get surprised by it later.

Edited by Prodigy, 10 November 2010 - 08:21 PM.

#94 rayy

rayy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:21 PM

except you can level with literally 0 potions used with kaahi

#95 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:22 PM

Sshhh. Be quiet, they might cry nerf Sorcerer next (and for the record, at least 3 other classes can level with almost 0 pots too :D )

#96 Luckie

Luckie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

Stop whining. Boy does this look familiar! :D

#97 rayy

rayy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:24 PM

and this was not a ninja patch, it was a ninja nerf specifically for genetics :D, no other class was touched

#98 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:25 PM

Why can't kRO just give us their latest version. I find it pretty silly for us to be talking about a "Specific Renewal Feedback" topic, when we don't even have the latest version of Renewal. A couple of the concerns made are already addressed in the kRO version.

Edited by Prodigy, 10 November 2010 - 08:25 PM.

#99 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:38 PM

The formula appears to be: Atk(%) = 350 + SkillLv * 50 + RemodelLv * Int/2

This formula I got from jRO and it matches the data I tested. I'm curious why it changed though, looking into it, I think the formula we had was the current kRO one. Even if cart cannon seems to function with the formula it does on jRO, hell's plant is still the kRO formula. It's kind of confusing how the skills function differently on different game servers.

Edited by Doddler, 10 November 2010 - 08:39 PM.

#100 Uyuni

Uyuni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:41 PM

Severe storm is OP too then?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users