CART CANNON - Page 5 - Game Discussions (archived) - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 5 votes

CART CANNON

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#101 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:42 PM

People here are spoiled and complain about the smallest thing.
This isn't a democracy for them to lobby in.

Wanna make a bet? A corporation that is beholden to its CUSTOMERS willingness to pay for its products / services is actually quite like a democracy. If the constituents all vote "no" I.E. the company starts hemorrhaging cash from people refusing to buy said services they either change their strategy or go the way of the dodo bird.

#102 Ardi

Ardi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 364 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:44 PM

Bit over the top, to be that angry about it, you were basically 1-2 hitting things before, in pvm, on a class that is supposed to be for bio type stuff, hence none of the plant stuff was nerfed.

The only problem you should have is that not all the balance patches that kro has up to now were put in, that's the part I find unfair.

You do realize that when he says 17k hes talking about with probably two megs hammer bryn and slieps....
oh and cart cannon isn't COMPLETELY free anyway it does take cannon balls (cheap only when you forget you use one per cast and x that by killing a mob with ~4 hits IF you have god items) I've spent over 15mil on cannon balls alone to get to 120ish and thats WITH god items/ele damage

Edit- yes I'm cheap anyone that knows me will tell you that rofl

Edited by Ardi, 10 November 2010 - 08:44 PM.

#103 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:53 PM

i cant do 10-13k per hit on a spammable targetting aoe thats can be instant cast and with no after cast delay at all >>. I'd still love to have cart cannon, even the nerfed version.

boo friggin hooooooooooooooooo.
You got a mjoln? +10 AND +20 dex foods on? No......? NOT _ANYWHERE_ near instant cast then.
Oh yeah for all you MORONS who never played the damn class even, THERE IS A GOD DAMNED AFTER CAST DELAY.

And seriously, pissing and moaning about the "AoE" of it? it's 2x2 cells for crying out loud.... it's LESS room to play with than bowling bash had.

#104 Uyuni

Uyuni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 08:57 PM

Just return it as it was for pvm and give it 50% reduction in woe if you want to, having a high damage for cart cannon you basically need full foods + complete god item set (bryn, megs, hammer, sleips) and I mean, basically all skills are OP with that setup.

#105 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:09 PM

Stupid thread :D cart cannon got nerfed...deal with it, wasn't as op as everyone thought but still, it happened. Still not a sucky skill, so quit the QQing.

#106 Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:18 PM

I think the only people feeling the full effect of this nerf are those who level without god items. I wouldnt be so annoyed if they had just nerfed it in WoE and for once left PvM alone.

#107 Miii

Miii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1219 posts
  • LocationIn this dazzling world
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:29 PM

Im pretty sure you would QQ too if your class got nerfed as well, why bothering writting?

#108 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:35 PM

Im pretty sure you would QQ too if your class got nerfed as well, why bothering writting?

:D happens...the only thing I QQ about is QQers...if my class gets nerfed, then it got nerfed...what can you do about it? Whine like a little girl? NTY. :unsure:

#109 CocaCola

CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE
  • Server:Classic

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:39 PM

I'd trade that 6-9k per cart cannon for my Psychic Wave. I bet I'd definitely be able to level much faster that way :D.

Basically, people are just upset with this ninja patch. Otherwise, we're bound to get kRO updates sooner or later (it's just odd that these skills got their updates and the rest haven't yet).

So, for something to keep in mind. hey guys, read the weekly kRO patch updates. We're bound to get their updates later down the road. Might as well read it now so we don't get surprised by it later.

you play a sorc right Prod...you dont have to use any items in terms of lvling. kahi/undulge/wave...try doing cart cannon without a god item set and it sucks esp with the new nerf. Its slow, low damage and expensive. 500z/50sp a shot adds upin terms of sp items/supply cost.

#110 Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:44 PM

I know they were trying to fix a 3rd class skill in WoE but with this new WoE event in place I dont think the GMs needed to be in such a hurry to just paste in a patch without knowing wth it does. Itd be nice if they could just put everything else back. Or if they really want to nerf it, nerf it in woe only and leave PvM alone. I was having fun with this class and now its just boring grinding like everything else in this game.

#111 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:47 PM

you play a sorc right Prod...you dont have to use any items in terms of lvling. kahi/undulge/wave...try doing cart cannon without a god item set and it sucks esp with the new nerf. Its slow, low damage and expensive. 500z/50sp a shot adds upin terms of sp items/supply cost.

Really? It's just 500z a shot? Hmm...isn't that like crying about Mammomite :D It's 120 sp to do severe rainstorm and 20 arrows and depending on what arrows, can get expensive. Sorcerors got kaahi, but look at the -_-ty cast of p.wave :unsure:

#112 CocaCola

CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:00 PM

Really? It's just 500z a shot? Hmm...isn't that like crying about Mammomite :D It's 120 sp to do severe rainstorm and 20 arrows and depending on what arrows, can get expensive. Sorcerors got kaahi, but look at the -_-ty cast of p.wave :unsure:

Difference is you can craft arrows(steel arrows mainly) from most popular lvling spots. Guess saving 12mil an hour going solo on mastelas/slims alone isnt worth the slow cast time of wave at all :(

#113 Amor

Amor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationIll

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:05 PM

there's always cart tornado, i haven't seen anyone using that one yet.

#114 CocaCola

CocaCola

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1007 posts
  • LocationNE

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:06 PM

Tornado got the nerf hammer too

#115 Charisma

Charisma

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 421 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:23 PM

Hmmm, the epic thread... *shrug* Well, if it was coming down the line... So let it come.

#116 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:25 PM

I know they were trying to fix a 3rd class skill in WoE but with this new WoE event in place I dont think the GMs needed to be in such a hurry to just paste in a patch without knowing wth it does.

Whether they knew what the patch does or not doesn't matter. If Gravity Co. wants Gravity Interactive to implement a patch, they have to do it.

#117 AzureBreeze

AzureBreeze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:12 PM

Posted Image

#118 Akihiro

Akihiro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:19 PM

U mad.

#119 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:25 PM

Wow i feel bad for the Genetics. :S

Edited by Trixdee, 10 November 2010 - 11:26 PM.

#120 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 11:46 PM

Goddamnit, I apologize people. This is my fault. You see I had just recently decided to switch from leveling my sinx, to leveling my biochem, because genetic looked more useful.

Naturally, as soon as I made the decision, and spent some kafra points to assist in the process, gravity decided to nerf it. I don't know why I expected anything else.

#121 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:42 AM

boo friggin hooooooooooooooooo.
You got a mjoln? +10 AND +20 dex foods on? No......? NOT _ANYWHERE_ near instant cast then.
Oh yeah for all you MORONS who never played the damn class even, THERE IS A GOD DAMNED AFTER CAST DELAY.

And seriously, pissing and moaning about the "AoE" of it? it's 2x2 cells for crying out loud.... it's LESS room to play with than bowling bash had.

Lets trade them i'll take cart cannon, cart tornado, cart remodel and cart boost for all my 3rd class mech skills. Now stfu, u guys have it easy as hell

#122 Asuki

Asuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 01:44 AM

I'd love to see how they can make mechs any worst then they are atm lol

#123 Lazarusxix

Lazarusxix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:18 AM

This game is now balanced properly.
There is a very good reason it got a big nerf, because it had a big number in it's damage.

TOO big.

MvP wise acid bomb is far too much. It's now balanced.
PvP, it's really pushing it, but not too overpowered. It's now balanced.
PvP, Cart Cannon was doing too much damage, especially since the biochemist can run as fast as a speed potioning Royal Guard or Rune Knight while spamming ranged 25k's. It's balanced now.

Get OVER it.

#124 Yggdrasil

Yggdrasil

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:28 AM

My wanderers Severe Rainstorm did more damage than my Genetics Cart Canon did before the nerf. It had one big number versus a bunch of decently large ones. The game with or without this one nerf is far from balanced and I doubt it ever will be.

#125 Lazarusxix

Lazarusxix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 250 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 11 November 2010 - 02:39 AM

My wanderers Severe Rainstorm did more damage than my Genetics Cart Canon did before the nerf. It had one big number versus a bunch of decently large ones. The game with or without this one nerf is far from balanced and I doubt it ever will be.

It's VERY OBVIOUSLY meant as a woe precast skill and nothing more. It does alot of damage over time. Nobody is retarded enough to stand there inside of that stupid skill in pvp rooms. Cart Cannnon is NOT comparable to it in any way. Cart cannon was always FAR more powerful and usefull and cheap than severe rainstorm's uselessness in pvp rooms ever will be.

Edited by Lazarusxix, 11 November 2010 - 02:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users