USRC 2014 *Updated* - Page 6 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

USRC 2014 *Updated*

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#126 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:24 PM

I got an idea that might be a bit troublesome for the GM's but it'd be fair for everyone. have the DQ'd team play 4th place, 3rd place, 2nd place, and 1st place. If they manage to beat all 4, they get 1st place prize, (SL wouldn't lose their place, they would share the victory with madea, meaning there'd be 14 1st place prizes.) If they can't beat -x place- then they don't deserve that prize. So say they beat 2nd place, but couldn't beat 1st place, then they would share 2nd place prizes. 

Of course this means getting 1-4th place to play again, for like an hour.

#127 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

Could the claim please be made more... public in its own announcement/post?

There honestly doesn't need to be one.

The GMs posted and that's enough.

For the record, I never said publicly that anyone was cheating in this situation, nor did I report anyone to the GMs.

I'm guilty of enjoying Lambor and friends getting extremely upset over being disqualified. While it may not be fair, I consider it justice for the many instances of people from Animosity cheating and not getting punished for it.

We can sit here and go back and forth all day, but it's not just me that knows people from your guild cheat and there's plenty of footage that shows it.

That's not to say that other guilds don't cheat either, but lately Animosity has been the main culprit.

You can consider me guilty too though. Before I left, I used the FCP and Linker bots that were set up by Lambor for the guild to use.

As far as I know, they don't use these anymore (most likely because of paranoia) but you're not innocent in the big picture and it's easy to assume that you would cheat in USRC, so in the end, I feel like the GMs were justified in making such a hasty decision.

I personally don't think you should be compensated either. If you are, it should be posted publicly.

#128 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

I say just give them 5% of the pool.

#129 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

I got an idea that might be a bit troublesome for the GM's but it'd be fair for everyone. have the DQ'd team play 4th place, 3rd place, 2nd place, and 1st place. If they manage to beat all 4, they get 1st place prize, (SL wouldn't lose their place, they would share the victory with madea, meaning there'd be 14 1st place prizes.) If they can't beat -x place- then they don't deserve that prize. So say they beat 2nd place, but couldn't beat 1st place, then they would share 2nd place prizes. 

Of course this means getting 1-4th place to play again, for like an hour.

That's a really bad idea since the outcome might have been way different. You're also assuming that your team would have made it that far.

The 2nd place team also got there out of the losers bracket.

I say just give them 5% of the pool.

I think this is honestly the best way to go about it.

Give them some kafra points along with your apology if compensation is deserved.

Oh and that was cute referring to me with the Misery gif.

Edited by Myzery, 23 September 2014 - 05:36 PM.

#130 KiyokoHasami

KiyokoHasami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 932 posts
  • LocationRelocated ---->Bio 4
  • Server:Chaos>Valkyrie>New Chaos

Posted 23 September 2014 - 05:38 PM

You know what would be the best way to settle this? Gather together all 4 teams players for an open world Real Life pvp match.

#131 chrisbam77

chrisbam77

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 643 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:01 PM

The 2nd place team also got there out of the losers bracket.

Getting to 2nd place from the losers bracket shouldn't be something that is seen as a bad thing. Beating the others in the losers bracket and even the team that put them in the losers bracket as well. In fact, I would say that it shows even more work being done. They played the most matches out of anyone and had an equal number of wins to the first place team.

Even if Madea was in the losers bracket as well they could have done the same thing.

#132 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:27 PM

Oh and that was cute referring to me with the Misery gif.

Glad you liked it!

Also glad SOMEONE got it :v

#133 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD
  • Server:Chaos - Animosity Leader

Posted 23 September 2014 - 06:56 PM

There honestly doesn't need to be one.

The GMs posted and that's enough.

For the record, I never said publicly that anyone was cheating in this situation, nor did I report anyone to the GMs.

I'm guilty of enjoying Lambor and friends getting extremely upset over being disqualified. While it may not be fair, I consider it justice for the many instances of people from Animosity cheating and not getting punished for it.

We can sit here and go back and forth all day, but it's not just me that knows people from your guild cheat and there's plenty of footage that shows it.

That's not to say that other guilds don't cheat either, but lately Animosity has been the main culprit.

You can consider me guilty too though. Before I left, I used the FCP and Linker bots that were set up by Lambor for the guild to use.

As far as I know, they don't use these anymore (most likely because of paranoia) but you're not innocent in the big picture and it's easy to assume that you would cheat in USRC, so in the end, I feel like the GMs were justified in making such a hasty decision.

I personally don't think you should be compensated either. If you are, it should be posted publicly.

If you're certain that we are cheating, I strongly encourage you to report it to the GMs and have us banned.  Posts like this will just get reported and deleted.  I don't see why you wouldn't just report all of the evidence that you have and get us the boot once and for all.

In the "big picture", our disqualification was revoked and the RK that was banned a month or two back was later unbanned because the GMs were able to reproduce the DB rate.  I don't see any reason for us to deserve "punishment" when nothing that has been reported ended up being true.

The name "Animosity" has been dragged through the mud for quite some time around here, mostly through false accusations.  I'm happy that it's over with, but it does deserve a thread of its own.

Edited by Lambor, 23 September 2014 - 06:57 PM.

#134 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:00 PM

Getting to 2nd place from the losers bracket shouldn't be something that is seen as a bad thing. Beating the others in the losers bracket and even the team that put them in the losers bracket as well. In fact, I would say that it shows even more work being done. They played the most matches out of anyone and had an equal number of wins to the first place team.

Even if Madea was in the losers bracket as well they could have done the same thing.

koalified killed it!  Congrats on 2nd place.   :rice:

#135 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:21 PM

wow... i love this... much drama...  :rice:

#TomorrowmoredramainWOE

#136 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:25 PM

Glad you liked it!

Also glad SOMEONE got it :v

I did like it!

#137 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:34 PM

If you're certain that we are cheating, I strongly encourage you to report it to the GMs and have us banned.  Posts like this will just get reported and deleted.  I don't see why you wouldn't just report all of the evidence that you have and get us the boot once and for all.

In the "big picture", our disqualification was revoked and the RK that was banned a month or two back was later unbanned because the GMs were able to reproduce the DB rate.  I don't see any reason for us to deserve "punishment" when nothing that has been reported ended up being true.

The name "Animosity" has been dragged through the mud for quite some time around here, mostly through false accusations.  I'm happy that it's over with, but it does deserve a thread of its own.

It has the possibility of getting deleted. People have told me how much you guys report my posts.

It's not just me that's certain, it's a great deal of people from the community.

Unfortunately it's not as simple as reporting people and watching them get banned. The person from your guild was rightfully banned and then wrongfully unbanned.

Just because you deny the truth doesn't make it a lie. You're only trying to convince the people who don't know any better and keep the people on your side from seeing the truth.

Mistakes happen and you can't deny that if you're holding on to being innocent here.

I don't blame you for defending your guild, but I would kick cheaters instead of harboring them.

You have a bad track record with that though since you have admitted scammers and thieves in your guild too.

It doesn't deserve its own thread and you don't deserve to be compensated.

You "thinking" that this redeems your guild in the eyes of the community is compensation enough.

#138 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:36 PM

I didn't say anything bad about it. I was stating that it wouldn't be fair to ANY of the other teams to have to play again.

What if you got last place if there were rematches? You wouldn't like that very much and would feel let down over losing your prizes and bragging rights.

I can speak from experience. I have actually won USRC and was given a chance to go to RWC.

#139 djxstatik

djxstatik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 23 September 2014 - 07:46 PM

@Myzery

Im sure you will focus at Animosity but the community has no proof that they use Linker/FCP bots but the community has witnessed your testimony to using bots from your earlier post. At least for myself, this statement of yours discredit your admiration to stopping cheating. I find it odd that a person with your strong belief against cheating did not report this accusation at the appropriate time.

You also claim that Lambor is trying to convince the community that they are innocent but I actually see that you are trying to convince the community that they are cheaters. I see Lambor defending his guild regarding the NDL with proof and you attacking with your personal thoughts of hatred without proof and for all sorts of things. You really go out of your way to do it too!

I feel you believe the community are stupid and need to be fed allegations without proof. We read the same threads as you, we comment the same threads as you, believe me we can come up with our opinion's without you.

I know you named yourself Myzery but you don't have to live up to it. Myzery loves company! you need to surround yourself with positive people rather than making people more miserable like you.

#140 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 23 September 2014 - 08:14 PM

Hey, look.

I've not been a fan of Animosity's shenanigans in the past... but... when all is said and done the RK wasn't cheating and Animosity were publicly humiliated live infront of the player-base for some thing they were not (at that moment) guilty of. 

(also cheating in USRC =/= cheating in other parts of the game; it's a bigger deal to cheat in USRC imo.)

I've been there before. I've had a team kicked from USRC because half our players kept getting errors in one of the match rooms. The GMs accused us in public, in front of the whole server, of using illegit clients (it turned out they were irowiki mirrors that were faulty).

And it's a horrible, horrible feeling. So that's my experience talking.

Yes they deserve compensation for not being able to fairly play out the tournament, they weren't denied a win. They were denied the chance to win.

And yes they deserve a public apology.

What the GMs should NOT apologize for is attempting to police nodelay. It is a learning process that they should have started years ago.... But at the same time all wrongs must be righted here.

If I was in that position again I would be demanding no less.

#141 djxstatik

djxstatik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 164 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 24 September 2014 - 12:22 AM

there should be more USRC type events.  

Edited by djxstatik, 24 September 2014 - 06:01 AM.

#142 Lambor

Lambor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1230 posts
  • LocationAbingdon, MD

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:03 AM

Sometimes, RO feels like high school.  These threads are all turning into the lunch table full of people that just tell stories and insult other people behind their backs.

Can't we all just eat our string cheese and get along, and then deal with it on the playground (WoE)?   :p_swt:  

Edited by Lambor, 24 September 2014 - 06:07 AM.

#143 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:07 AM

Want some apple pie kiyoko? :v

Cfhbs2G.png

#144 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:17 AM

I heartily encourage Myzery and others to continue this spirited discussion in their personal messages. If you have videos of other teams engaging in illegal activity in WoE or elsewhere you already know how to get in contact with us. Further non USRC related guild antagonism in this thread will result in a probation. 

#145 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9321 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 24 September 2014 - 06:39 AM

I heartily encourage Myzery and others to continue this spirited discussion in their personal messages. If you have videos of other teams engaging in illegal activity in WoE or elsewhere you already know how to get in contact with us. Further non USRC related guild antagonism in this thread will result in a probation. 

Do you know when participation prizes will be handed out?

#146 Andini

Andini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2738 posts
  • LocationNorcal

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:06 AM

i will share my lunchables with anyone

#147 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:19 AM

Do you know when participation prizes will be handed out?

Still getting the list together of what gets handed out to whom. 

#148 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:20 AM

i will share my lunchables with anyone

Nyaa~

Edited by VolunteerMod05, 25 September 2014 - 09:32 AM.
That commercial was banned in the 90's for a reason

#149 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 09:24 AM

Nyaa

Whatchu know bout snickers bite-sized!??!

Edited by VolunteerMod05, 25 September 2014 - 09:33 AM.

#150 BloodHaron

BloodHaron

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2014 - 03:23 PM

ODA please, answer my pm ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users