Quest for the master level for FS priest - General Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Quest for the master level for FS priest

34 replies to this topic

#1 Cheerile

Cheerile

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:37 AM

I play Priest FS. How do I get the quest to master level? I go and almost immediately mobs kill me .... What the hell ?! How do I kill them?
What I do is just to delete this game?
This is a complete sНit and not the quest. Can not you do for classes support an alternative path. What the hell instead of pleasure from the game I get the damaged nerves and mood.

This quest does not take into account the specifics of the classes. In the old game Priest had to talk to the NPC, not to kill a bunch of mobs, each of which is stronger than the boss in the instance.

#2 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 August 2014 - 03:09 PM

I play Priest FS. How do I get the quest to master level? I go and almost immediately mobs kill me .... What the hell ?! How do I kill them?
What I do is just to delete this game?
This is a complete sНit and not the quest. Can not you do for classes support an alternative path. What the hell instead of pleasure from the game I get the damaged nerves and mood.

This quest does not take into account the specifics of the classes. In the old game Priest had to talk to the NPC, not to kill a bunch of mobs, each of which is stronger than the boss in the instance.

No, the quest wasn't designed for players who haven't completed Bapho and PvE yet. So either try to get the proper gear first or use tricks like abusing a soulmaker buff, hit-&-run, spinels and explorer pots.

Edited by Greven79, 28 August 2014 - 03:10 PM.

#3 Cheerile

Cheerile

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:28 AM

No, the quest wasn't designed for players who haven't completed Bapho and PvE yet. So either try to get the proper gear first or use tricks like abusing a soulmaker buff, hit-&-run, spinels and explorer pots.

Weapons and armor I have 47 level blue items from instances and quests. The best weapons and armor in the auction already require the master level.
And the result is "Groundhog Day."

We were together with the tank Fortress of Sandstorm and Eremes Guile constantly attacked me. I had no problems with the level of the character's health.

So it is not necessary to protect the developers and their stupid imbalance quest.

#4 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:35 AM

Get that SM buff. It'll turn you virtually immortal for 30 seconds.

Once you get rid of Rosary the rest is a cakewalk as long as you have an attacking skill.

Because even if you're FS, you should have a skill that isn't both slow and weak, right?

Edited by Nereida, 29 August 2014 - 06:36 AM.

#5 Cheerile

Cheerile

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:25 AM

The maximum that I have time to do is to kill the Rosario and another mob. Administration's proposal, enter in to the Kafra shop an item to open the master level. Do not torment players, many pass this quest for a few dozen times. That does not add to the game popularity.

#6 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:34 AM

Did you manage to kill those two WITHOUT cure?

#7 babiddy

babiddy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:42 AM

stop whining! i did the ML quest on my wizard for 5 HOURS!

#8 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:56 AM

The maximum that I have time to do is to kill the Rosario and another mob. Administration's proposal, enter in to the Kafra shop an item to open the master level. Do not torment players, many pass this quest for a few dozen times. That does not add to the game popularity.

Solved your problem but draw rage from other non-paying players.

#9 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:36 AM

Didn't notice that line. That's quite literally pay to win.

#10 Cheerile

Cheerile

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:18 PM

Did you manage to kill those two WITHOUT cure?

Yes, I killed only two mobs WITH buff cure

stop whining! i did the ML quest on my wizard for 5 HOURS!

Unlike your mage I FS priest, and I have only one attack - holy light. As a result, I'm trying to get the quest for 4 days :D  In many ways, cursing all that you can.

Solved your problem but draw rage from other non-paying players.

My nerves more, I come to the game to relax after work. If donat version does not like it, let them do quests branches corresponding characters class. B)

PS I'm still certainly try when soothe nerves. Because it is, after the last attempt I had the desire to throw out the window my monitor. :heh:

I've reworked the skills of the character, I do not know what next to do.

#11 babiddy

babiddy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:04 PM

Unlike your mage I FS priest, and I have only one attack - holy light. As a result, I'm trying to get the quest for 4 days :D  In many ways, cursing all that you can.

My nerves more, I come to the game to relax after work. If donat version does not like it, let them do quests branches corresponding characters class. B)

PS I'm still certainly try when soothe nerves. Because it is, after the last attempt I had the desire to throw out the window my monitor. :heh:

Wiz sucks big time. I got a friend who did the ML quest with his priest with lvl 35 gears in only 3 tries (With SM buffs). I on the other hand...... haha

You gotta do the luring technique. I learned that the hard way. When you get inside, face on your south and run towards the room. You need to get to the left farthest corner of the room. That should lure 2-3 mobs which you can kill with your magnus exorcismus easily! (You have to practice the luring technique because sometimes all of them get lured inside) Just be patient! :)

#12 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Server:Freyja 9

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:05 PM

As much as I myself advocate to FS, the game just feels that it doesn't want you to be FS right now. I was going to suggest to: get at least Cure and Aspersio up' then 'run in, move a bit backward so they group up, cast Aspersio'd Magnus with the thief as primary target, then run away for the duration of the DoT, then finish off by what you think is necessary, but in that case at least 3 or 4 should have died, or even 5 if you group them up well enough. This takes advantage of the 10 seconds (?) immunity you get in a new map as long as you don't attack immediately.

However, kudos to you for making it to 50 with just Holy Light. Did you level with a party all the way? I originally planned to do that when I was trying to get 50, but I rarely had anyone to party with so I'm mostly by myself. But then when I do run into an occasional party-mate, I find that my style (tabbing around DoTs) actually has me killing faster than a DPS. And before I completely get off topic, I'd like to point out that the borderline between FS and Hybrid right now is too thin for any favorable or significant distinction, especially after getting the 20 bonus skill points from ML. Don't get me wrong, I'd reset skills in a heartbeat if a future patch changes that fact.

I guess you have no choice but to get more, more MATK or buffs that increase output, if you're going to wing it with Holy Light.

#13 xMagik

xMagik

Amateur Blogger

• Members - No Sig
  • 440 posts
  • LocationLimbo
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:30 PM

Weapons and armor I have 47 level blue items from instances and quests. The best weapons and armor in the auction already require the master level.

We were together with the tank Fortress of Sandstorm and Eremes Guile constantly attacked me. I had no problems with the level of the character's health.

So it is not necessary to protect the developers and their stupid imbalance quest.

it's not an inbalance quest

there are several ways to do it

first of all do pve h (get fast & furious title) and bapho h and get geared up

get goblin leader weapon

put on some good cards

have spinel pot on you and buff food and pots

use pump up pill and wind pots

you don't even need to do all of these things together and still you should be able to pass it

#14 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 10:43 PM

As much as I myself advocate to FS, the game just feels that it doesn't want you to be FS right now. 

The game actually allows every class to be a little bit of a Tank, a DPS, and a Healer. Some class appear to have less trouble filling in certain shoes, of course, but with proficiency, only the sky is the limit to what you can do with your chosen class. 

I'd like to point out that the borderline between FS and Hybrid right now is too thin for any favorable or significant distinction, especially after getting the 20 bonus skill points from ML. 

You just singled out the main reason why Priest are getting all the hates in PVP. 

Follow some of the hints posted here if you haven't given up on game yet. 

There were partially how my Priest have passed this test.

#15 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 11:58 PM

I don't like being on the offensive in PvE so I'm one of the few who are in favor of a little bit of a role fix for Priests via the nerf stick.  :heh:

In any case, SM Cure is all you really need when you have the skills down, assuming you have decent MATK. I'm actually making an SM for this purpose. But I dunno.  :rice:

#16 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:38 AM

I don't like being on the offensive in PvE so I'm one of the few who are in favor of a little bit of a role fix for Priests via the nerf stick.  :heh:

In any case, SM Cure is all you really need when you have the skills down, assuming you have decent MATK. I'm actually making an SM for this purpose. But I dunno.  :rice:

In my opinion, Soulmaker is much easier to fill in the support role than Priest. Probably because the aggressive approach I took with my Priest since I'm leaning over: fast kill means less casualty result in my party members think that I'm good in healing. But I do have a Soulmaker and spamming Cure was all the supporting that I did with defensive links thrown in between. And my party members never complained. It's not like Soulmaker lack in offensive area since they do have some comparable AOEs to Priest's. But the Cure's high demanding sp consumption denied me that pleasure. All in all, give Soulmaker a try if you got the times.

Edited by Telovi, 02 September 2014 - 12:39 AM.

#17 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:53 AM

I dived into this game with RO1 Nostalgia as foundation so I went straight for Priest class, since I always mained support in all games. I mained Archbishop in RO1, and a bit of Linker (coincidence? Lol). It was annoying to find out that some of the buffing aspects of the class were thrown to SM, and the party buffing abilities distributed all over different classes.

I would say that the access to more healing skills is the only advantage of Priest. I plan to main Priest and Soulmaker now, which is great since it adds a feeling of coherence with my old game. :3

I do love switching seamlessly between DPS and Heal in Osiris tho. 

To add to the tips again:

Cast buffs right before going in, just like how the SM would spam on you. Also, Renovatio and Aspersio'd High Heal are good sub-buffs to aid the Cure.

#18 Cheerile

Cheerile

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:55 AM

Thank you all for your advices :ok: :no1: . Quest was passed at the second attempt, after the rebuild of skills under Magnus Exorcismus. Essentially a hybrid build.
SM buff is not needed, I replaced it with food: Dayr Special Fried Nirvana Back-Tail.

#19 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:59 AM

Welcome to the club!  :p_laugh: Also, it'd be good to confirm with people that may run into this thread in the future that the Dayr food basically has the same effect, which is a good heal over time.

#20 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:02 AM

Congratz!

Did you passed the test with your monitor outside the window?  :ok:

#21 Cheerile

Cheerile

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:48 AM

Also, it'd be good to confirm with people that may run into this thread in the future that the Dayr food basically has the same effect, which is a good heal over time.

Food gives regeneration 1300hp per 3 seconds for 30 seconds. http://www.roguard.n...vana-Back-Tail/

Congratz!

Did you passed the test with your monitor outside the window?  :ok:

Monitor alive. :heh:

Edited by Cheerile, 02 September 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#22 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:36 PM

Monitor alive. :heh:

An implication that you did try to throw it out.  :heh:

#23 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:10 AM

I don't protect the developers, but I can assure you that even the "easy" Sandstorm dungeon you're referring to wasn't planned to be that easy. So you comparison is based on a bugged version to start with.

The master level quest isn't that hard because you don't deal enough damage (my ranger needed 2~3 shots to kill one enemy) but because your HP and defense are too low. So you either try to increase that on the 'legit' way or you abuse the game and use a soulmaker buff.

Once you cheated yourself into mastery levels, you get access to weaponry that at least doubles your damage and renders all gear drops from Bapho, PvE, Union, CoA, AoD, Chaos useless. So you skip all this and prefer to state how "inbalanced" this master level quest is.

#24 Cheerile

Cheerile

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:19 AM

I don't protect the developers, but I can assure you that even the "easy" Sandstorm dungeon you're referring to wasn't planned to be that easy. So you comparison is based on a bugged version to start with.

What bugged version are you talking about? B)

The master level quest isn't that hard because you don't deal enough damage (my ranger needed 2~3 shots to kill one enemy) but because your HP and defense are too low. So you either try to increase that on the 'legit' way or you abuse the game and use a soulmaker buff.

You do not read that the quest has already passed? And I described how to do it even without SM buff and without bugs.

Edited by Cheerile, 03 September 2014 - 04:23 AM.

#25 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:59 PM

What bugged version are you talking about? B)

Sandstorm is much easier as it was originally, so a comparison is a bit odd.

You do not read that the quest has already passed? And I described how to do it even without SM buff and without bugs.

Sure thing.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users