Quest for the master level for FS priest - Page 2 - General Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Quest for the master level for FS priest

34 replies to this topic

#26 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:18 PM

We should post a thread that priest need to max magnus exorcist even FS role xD

#27 Cheerile

Cheerile

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:47 PM

My version of The skill build for the quest

http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

#28 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:26 PM

wow, max heal~ . I rarely use heal for my priest, only high heal mostly of time xD. So , i think FS need to max high heal first, heal can upgrade later or forget it too xD and save those points to dot .

#29 Cheerile

Cheerile

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:15 AM

Whatever you like. "Heal" skill is effective with the "Aspersio" only. It gives three powerful healing and save the manna. I'm in a constant party with a knight. We were all instances at the appropriate level, without overgear. And "heal" proved to be effective up to level 50. And then we'll see.

#30 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 06:01 AM

Mostly of time i use reno to me and everyone, especially tank then aspersio + HH if need  xD. Then i use AoE to help party xD

#31 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 September 2014 - 03:59 AM

My version of The skill build for the quest

http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

We should post a thread that priest need to max magnus exorcist even FS role xD

It isn't really needed. As I said before: The main difficulty of the quest isn't that you can't kill the targets, but that you're killed all too fast that even the broken heals of a FS priest aren't good enough.

But that's all about the screwed defense formula. So the most legit way to pass this test would be to increase your defense rate... and that means completing Bapho, PvE or even CoA first.

Of course there are other ways to cheat your way through it. The often mentioned ML30 SM buff, the Dayr Desert meals that didn't have the appropriate min. level requirement, etc. etc.

#32 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 07:15 AM

my priest pass that test with pve gear without weapon vs pant. Well, may be i got lucky cause my magnus + aspersio ( oratio lv4) xD ( some thing happen with my sorc, kill rite away 3 mobs include rosa + knite + prana )

#33 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 September 2014 - 12:03 PM

my priest pass that test with pve gear without weapon vs pant. Well, may be i got lucky cause my magnus + aspersio ( oratio lv4) xD ( some thing happen with my sorc, kill rite away 3 mobs include rosa + knite + prana )

You don't need the Magnus Exorcism for that (nor one at max. skill level). Using a Wind Rune while running in circles and casting Oratio / Adoramus helps as well. But if you're stunned first (f.e. due to a long loading screen), the Einherjar can kill you faster than the DoT to trigger

#34 APark

APark

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 23 September 2014 - 09:49 PM

Just got my Master level with the Priest. Had a hybrid, but more focused on healing. Determined that formula was just not going to work. The road to it definitely was not smooth and I had sub-par gear.

Problem:

There are five mobs to take down, knowing they can do anywhere between 800-1200 damage per hit. At least one of them has the ability to stun you, and is devastating if applied (this was proven with a couple of naked runs). This means kiting ('kite-ing', keeping distance) is out of the question while the stunner is alive. You don't have longer than 5 seconds to live unless 'something' in the situation changes to buy you time. Priest's biggest damage dealing spells involve time to cast, which discourages running around, and obviously bad for the initial stages. Priest does not have any stunning spells to buy such time.

Strategy:

To stand even a fighting chance, the stunner has to be the number one priority target. Get stunned, and you can't even heal. With the 5 second "limit", the stunner had to go down instantly and still give you a second to run before the damage starts falling. Once that stunner is gone, kiting becomes possible, even though a couple of them have ranged weapons. However, just having the comfort at that point that you can use big healing items/spells without impairment opens up options. Big potions like explorer purple potions or expert purples would be used liberally. No stops would be pulled with buffing bonuses from items as this was a major event for the character; even for the most frugal players.

The arena also happens to have an alcove straight ahead that one can run into - and it turns out that not all mobs will follow you into there. This would reduce the numbers and make the situation much more manageable. When the enemies are picked off, the remainder can be handled at your pace.

What I had:

- (Level 50/50) Priest

- (Level 47) "Thirster" gear from Sandstorm Fortress (the last of the blue gear given through the cat merchant)

- (Level 40) Earrings, Necklace of Humiliation, Ring of Mercy

- Skill Reset Scroll

- Zadorak Hunter Title

- 2x Brown Rackuf Cards (blue), Manmanderu Card, Pearltus Card, Hermitus Card

- 20 Explorer Purple pots

- 20 Expert Purple Pots

- 1 Spinel

- Instant Goblin BBQ (+17 DEF for 60m)

- +INT Embroidery

- Wind Elixirs

What my approach and preparation was:

- I scanned the skill tree to see what would give me the greatest damage output instantly, and immediately 'Ray of Genesis' on the far lower left of the tree stuck out. I didn't already have this skill as the furthest I had gone down was 'Adoramus' (the last DoT). 'Magnus Exorcismus' looked promising as I was dealing with a group I need to do damage with, and the Aspersio effect of Magnus would apply my DoT on them. This would save me one valuable keystroke. HP was king on my list of must-haves, so maxed Blessing made sense, and instant heals like Coluceo was perfect. Highness Heal was maxed out only for emergencies if I used Coluceo already at that point and my potions were in cool-down.

- Reset my skill tree. This was a special situation that required a tailored tree. Used a reset scroll from the Starter Package chest obtained around lvl 35ish.

- To my hesitation, I put one point down the whole left tree, then maxed 'Magnus Exorcismus' and 'Ray of Genesis'. Put 4 in Oratio as I intended to use the Aspersio effect of Magnus to help.

- Maxed 'Blessing' and 'Aspersio'. Counter-intuitively, I did not max out Gloria or Suffragium, as I needed the points. Must-have instant-cast strikes were the key, not accelerated casting or +% chance for crits.

- Maxed 'Renovatio', 'Highness Heal', and 'Assumptio'. 1 point in Coluceo Heal.

- Arranged the hotkey buttons similar to my regular setup, except Magnus and Ray of Genesis would be the fastest reaching. Set up Coluceo Heal, Purple Pot and Explorer Purple Pot in sequence somewhere to the right on the hotkey bar for instant panic access.

Execution Plan:

- Approach ML NPC (Gilgamesh), and ensure any previous quest attempts were 'abandoned'. This is to save on not doing while your short-duration buffs are active.

- Start with buffs: KharaUP scroll, INT Buff Expert Potion, Goblin BBQ, 'Blessing', then 'Suffragium'

- If available, join a pickup party that tends to hang around there, and get the Soulmaker's buff that works similar to Renovatio (players call it the 'cure' buff), but much stronger.

- Cast Aqua Benedicta to prep some holy water

**Time Sensitive Part - Rehearse in head and a couple of dry runs so that this is done in rapid succession**

- Cast Aspersio (this is to prep for Magnus' Oratio effect)

- Cast Renovatio (ensure to have some healing while busy executing in the arena early on)

- Cast Assumptio (to double your survivability while you are executing the first stages of the game plan)

- ** Talk to Gilgamesh, accept the quest - ENTER **

(Once the arena appears)

- Target the mob 'Rosary', who is the "stunner" (according to posts) with your mouse (NOT your target cycle key, or you lose 2 extremely valuable seconds)

- Cast Magnus (this should hit all mobs and cast Oratio on them)

- Cast Ray of Genesis (patience here, it requires 1 second to cast). This should instantly kill 'Rosary'. If not, Magnus' DoT from Aspersio should finish her off.

- RUN! towards the alcove straight ahead. Use your Wind Elixir to begin speeding up.

- Reach for one of your panic heals. At this point, you should be taking damage from the rest of the mobs as they're chasing you.

(Once into the alcove)

- Turn into the corner of the room (preferably to the right when entering)

- Turn around and face the door.

- Two of the mobs most likely will have followed you in. The others should have retreated for being outside their spawn zone.

- Apply the DoTs (Oratio, Credo, Adoramus), then spam Holy Light. Fight off the two mobs, while keeping close to your other panic heal buttons.

- Rest for a minute to allow your Assumptio to cool down.

(Once rested)

- Cast Assumptio and Aspersio. Rush the other two mobs with confidence.

- Use Magnus on one of the targets. Use Ray of Genesis on the same target. That should "one-shot" it, just like Rosary.

- Fight off the last mob.

- Game, set, match.

Results:

- Died at least 5-6 times in the beginning just trying to execute the game plan. Some attempts I had no chance due to an early stun, some I just wasn't able to execute either due to slow brain activity or bugged UI not letting me activate the ALT-based shortcuts.

- For the time it worked, Rosary was targeted immediately, and Magnus was called down. With the Aspersio already activated, Oratio was assumed to have been included. I then cast RoG on her and started running to the alcove. With numbers flying around, all I was concerned about was running straight into the alcove with wind elixir and hitting my panic heals.

- After turning the corner, two mobs followed me in. Things happened so fast that I didn't know what their capabilities were and adrenaline slowed my thought process. I ended up hitting my second panic heal before I started counter attacking. DoT'd one of the mobs, used Aspersio and cast a couple of holy lights and renovation until he died off. For the second mob, I noticed my magnus was cooled down, so I cast that. Did some nifty damage. Finished off mob with holy lights as he was left with like 1500 hp.

- Waited for Assumptio to come back. Looked out the door and didn't see the other two. After taking a couple of deep breaths to calm down, I played out how I was going to rip up the remainder as I didn't know if they would also one-shot me in return. Realized RoG was back up. Ran towards the enemy and let it rip. 4000+ damage on that shot and that practically took down one. Used magnus, then holy light to seal the deal.

- After looking around, I wasn't sure what to do as the place was empty and feared the quest bugged out. Found a guard near the entrance who ported me out. Talked to Gilgamesh and got my reward.

- After everything was finished and obtaining Master Level, I used another skill reset scroll to set myself back to a tree that's more team friendly (e.g. FS Priest).

- I noticed on a couple of previous attempts that all mobs would retreat back to the center. This didn't happen to me on the successful run, but if it did, I would image I would approach them, cast Magnus, then RoG on another one to one-shot, then retreat back into the alcove.

I know a lot of people would scoff at this post, but the point of it was to illustrate to the rest of us that it IS do-able, and that you don't have to wait to roll through Baphomet or whatever other gear grinds to do this quest.

Good luck.

'Erashmus'

Edited by APark, 24 September 2014 - 01:31 AM.

#35 elightstorm

elightstorm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 25 September 2014 - 08:08 AM

Kill them one by one, use spinel, wait 10 min between each spinel.

Or do pve/bapho>coa>aod>chaos to get better gears.

Or craft lv 50 purples gears

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users