9/3 Yale Gracey Birthday Maintenance - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

9/3 Yale Gracey Birthday Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

#1 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 September 2014 - 02:41 PM

For this maintenance we celebrate the birthday of Imagineer and Disney Legend Yale Gracey. 

The son of an American consul, Yale was born in Shanghai, China, on September 3, 1910. He attended an English boarding school and, after graduation, moved to the United States. There, he attended the Art Center School of Design in Los Angeles.

For those who have enjoyed Pirates of the Carribean and The Haunted Mansion, Yale was responsible for developing many of the special effects that make those rides so memorable. For example, the "flames" in the burning buildings in the penultimate scene of POTC and the various ghostly effects in THM are credited to Yale and Rolly Crump (most famous as the artist behind the Tiki Room).

Rolly tells of an incredible prank he and Yale pulled on the Imagineering dept.'s janitors: 

NOTES!

Next Friday Night Fight scheduled for Friday September 26th! What kind of format would you like to see?

We are looking to implement a rotating event dungeon that would be similar to the challenge dungeon we did a little while ago. What maps and what monsters would you like to fight? For temporary event monsters we would be able to "create" monsters that do not currently exist on Classic. Every month or two we would be able to rotate what monsters/maps are available. 

Boxter will be updated and will be giving out the last Lucky Box we've had in exchange for the brownie points.

Exp/Drops event extended one more week due to Malaysian players being unable to access the servers last week. 

#2 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:11 PM

Next Friday Night Fight scheduled for Friday September 26th! What kind of format would you like to see?

2v2, no gods/mvps. mini boss cards allowed. any player caught "sneaking" gods/mvp's in is disqualified and can't participate in future fight nights.

We are looking to implement a rotating event dungeon that would be similar to the challenge dungeon we did a little while ago. What maps and what monsters would you like to fight? For temporary event monsters we would be able to "create" monsters that do not currently exist on Classic. Every month or two we would be able to rotate what monsters/maps are available. 

Take bio 3's map. Put bio 4 monsters on it (from renewal). Make them beefy and super strong. Have them drop guild surplus boxes. Encourage large guild/party play with good rewards.

Important to note, if the exp/drops aren't worth while then it will be a useless dungeon that required a bunch of work. If the drops/exp is balanced with a HIGH level of difficulty to do the dungeon, then this could become a popular thing. I would love to do it and I am sure there are others who would be up for a *NEW* challenging PVM map to help support their guild. 

#3 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:13 PM

We have removed the spam post and promoted Gn1ydnu to "First" poster status.

#4 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:15 PM

dat cm bias

#5 Luckie

Luckie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:24 PM

2v2, no gods/mvps. mini boss cards allowed. any player caught "sneaking" gods/mvp's in is disqualified and can't participate in future fight nights.

Take bio 3's map. Put bio 4 monsters on it (from renewal). Make them beefy and super strong. Have them drop guild surplus boxes. Encourage large guild/party play with good rewards.

Important to note, if the exp/drops aren't worth while then it will be a useless dungeon that required a bunch of work. If the drops/exp is balanced with a HIGH level of difficulty to do the dungeon, then this could become a popular thing. I would love to do it and I am sure there are others who would be up for a *NEW* challenging PVM map to help support their guild. 

2v2 sounds good, no class restrictions, no gods/MVPs. Easy to get a team together and fun/balanced. And I'm sure we'll see some interesting compositions!

#6 Yumi

Yumi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:31 PM

2v2 sounds good, no class restrictions, no gods/MVPs. Easy to get a team together and fun/balanced. And I'm sure we'll see some interesting compositions!

Do this!

#7 Melancholfy

Melancholfy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationOrlando,Florida

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:59 PM

I approve this one! :D

#8 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:09 PM

Anywhere from 15v15 to 25v25

Take place after FE or SE WoE.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 02 September 2014 - 05:31 PM.

#9 aulbath

aulbath

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:11 PM

Minibosses, except GR and deviling... cuz  everyone got one now,2-3 Seller per weeks in past months, or should i look after Tobi?

#10 RaveMaster

RaveMaster

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4046 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 September 2014 - 05:13 PM

eek wrong thread omg.. my bad

Edited by Legendario2300, 02 September 2014 - 05:13 PM.

#11 kschamp

kschamp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1208 posts
  • LocationCalifornia.

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:52 PM

Couldn't agree more with the 2v2.  It'd bring myself back and surely more due to fun with skill based matches.

#12 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:39 PM

2v2 would be fun

#13 Melancholfy

Melancholfy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 305 posts
  • LocationOrlando,Florida

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:47 AM

why is my account being suspended for?! this is really stupid im not getting what evidence they found this

#14 MangoMilkTea

MangoMilkTea

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:43 AM

What are "brownie points "?

#15 paultak

paultak

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:02 AM

Bio4 monsters on the event sounds cool. What I would like to see too are New World monsters such as Tatacho, Naga, Cornus and Duneyrr which include guild box drops of course. And man, Duneyrr looks badass haha!

#16 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:09 AM

Thats renewal boxter only. Not sure why Oda brought it up here...

#17 paultak

paultak

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:20 AM

Brownie points are the points you earn when trading lucky box item rewards to Grandma Boxter in exchange for an unopened Lucky Box. 

Thats renewal boxter only. Not sure why Oda brought it up here...

I thought Granny recognizes them as brownie points too in Classic...

#18 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:51 AM

If your going to do 2 vs 2 have chars stripped before event and give event specific items that they turn back in to get there gear back.

And why not do 5 vs 5 event for fun so that people can have a party event this could be larger like 8 vs 8 or more.

Can you put the spotlight in Rachel or at least give ice dungeon mobs buff exp and drops.

For the challenge dung why not make it like the Gramps turnin were you get a mix of mobs that make it somewhat hard to do. If not 1000 Isilla 100 vanberks would be nice. :heh:

#19 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:43 AM

We are open, thank you guys for being patient! New Groove Pack contents are posted here: http://playragnarok....ail.aspx?id=343

#20 Krauser01

Krauser01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:07 PM

Ice Titan turn-in npc is missing again :/

#21 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:08 PM

Fixing it again

Ice Titan's Fixed

#22 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:20 PM

The GM team is constantly checking for any cases of RMT and other issues with items while we are reporting on the issue to kRO are working on trying to find a solution.  (Plus working on a solution on our end if we can).

#23 aulbath

aulbath

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 05:26 PM

Exp/Drop? when it was implemented? i tought was for renewal...

Edited by aulbath, 03 September 2014 - 05:26 PM.

#24 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:02 PM

We are open, thank you guys for being patient! New Groove Pack contents are posted here: http://playragnarok....ail.aspx?id=343

Oda Why the Crap renewal get classics Crown of Deceit hat WHHYYYY!!!! That grovie box sucks put that in there and you sell 100x and much.

#25 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:34 PM

change diabolus ring to it's correct drop rate plz  :thx:

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 03 September 2014 - 08:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users