Best of Their Class! PvP Tournament 2014! - Event Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Best of Their Class! PvP Tournament 2014!

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#1 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:26 AM

Spoiler

Summer is close to ending so let's end it with a Tournament of sorts! Lots of people talk about being the best of the best but let's prove it. With preset characters and equipment... it will take your knowledge and quick fingers for you to be number 1!

To note, this is a game! Take it lightly and have some fun with your fellow players.

~ Basic Rules ~

Changes to the PvP Tournament

• The PvP Tournament will be held Saturday, October 25, 2014.
    We will allow log in access to the temp accounts after 12:00PM (12:00PM -08:00 UTC/GMT)
    Be ready to be called on for your match by 1:00PM (1:00PM -08:00 UTC/GMT)
  • The tournament is no longer a Class Vs Class.
    Because of certain complications, it will now be a Player Entry vs Player Entry, with provided characters, equipment and consumables.
    • Each player will be provided with an account with one of each 2nd class.
    • Equipment will be available within their character storage.
    • Consumable items will be provided upon entering the designated PvP Map chosen.
    • Once a character is chosen, you must complete the tournament on that character.
      No changing of class mid-tournament is permitted.
  • Registration is now limited to one entry per person.
  • Participants need to be online and ready to be called on at any time after the start of the tournament's time.
  • Please reconfirm your participation needs to be confirmed by October 21st, or you will be considered withdrawn!

Basic Rules still in effect

• The matches will be best, 2 out of 3 rounds.
  • Each round will have a maximum time limit of 5 minutes.
  • If a player is not present within 10 minutes of being called, they will be automatically disqualified from the remainder of the tournament.
  • If there is a stalemate or the time limit is reached, the winner will be determined by the observing GM.
  • Once brought to the battleground location, you will remain standing where you are until the GM/Referee states to begin.
  • Have fun!

In the end, the Referee has the final decision on who wins.

All accepted participants will be sent a message, with the new tournament rules and expectations for additional confirmation of particpation.

~ What can I win? ~

1st Place will win:

• One full set of the Aurum Prototype Castle Gear
  • Choice of any 1 Gem
  • 2500 Item Mall Points

2nd Place will win:

• 1500 Item Mall Points
  • Choice of any 1 Gem

3rd Place will win:

• 1000 Item Mall Points

Item Mall Points will not be immediately rewarded, but will be rewarded as soon as possible after the tournament.

All other items will be worked out through direct communication after the end of the tournament.

~ When will I Fight? ~

The PvP Tournament will be held Saturday, October 25, 2014.
We will allow log in access to the temp accounts after 12:00PM (12:00PM -08:00 UTC/GMT)
Be ready to be called on for your match by 1:00PM (1:00PM -08:00 UTC/GMT)

We've setup the brackets on a cool Tournament Tool website! ( ROSE - PVP Tournament 2014 )

If you'd like to have some extra fun with it and your listing participants, please check your Forum Inbox and you'll see a note to send me your email address and I'll add it to the tournament listing and you can edit a bit of your appearance.

Current bracket listings are with anticipation that everyone will accept the changes to the tournament rules and time changes. You can help confirm that you will be part of the tournament by sending me your email and signing up with the website.

Let's fight and have fun Roserians!

~ Why did the PvP Tournament Change? ~

ShazamO unfortunately is no longer able to host the PvP Tournament, however we very much wish to carry on the tournament. Because of the timeline that was originally placed under can no longer be kept, we had to make an adjustment not just to the time, but to the rules, as we will not be able to carry them out how they were originally planned. We do apologize for that, and hope that the updated prizes give some added incentive to keep on with the tournament and make your match time!

If you'd like to leave a farewell message to ShazamO, check here: Thank you and farewell ShazamO, you will be missed.

Added October 17th: Please reconfirm your participation needs to be confirmed by October 21st, or you will be considered withdrawn!

#2 xultrax

xultrax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Server:Draconis.

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:36 AM

Uuu seems fun :)!. Btw , Characters/Items/Equipment will all be preset.( Do we choose the gear, or gms/cms will give it to us ?)

Edited by xultrax, 03 September 2014 - 09:36 AM.

#3 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:02 AM

Uuu seems fun :)!. Btw , Characters/Items/Equipment will all be preset.( Do we choose the gear, or gms/cms will give it to us ?)

The equipment will be given to the character beforehand. So all you do is log-in and set your skills/stats.

#4 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:06 AM

so highest level is 210?

#5 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:20 AM

so highest level is 210?

Correct~ I feel that this tournament should be a balance of what you need to sacrifice points in for both Skills and Stats.

Unlessss, you can argue for a higher level. The one that wins the most votes will be the set level for everyone.

#6 berts111

berts111

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:23 AM

Awesome!!!!!

but how will the broadcast?

#7 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:36 AM

Knight v knight will be a (k)nightmare.

#8 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:01 PM

To be honest, level preset should be 230.

#9 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:08 PM

Just wondering, do potions/food come with preset equipment or will the fights be without them? If it's with consumables then I'm afraid knight vs knight will be quite frankly impossible since you'll restore more health than you deal damage.

#10 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:18 PM

Why is that?

Just wondering, do potions/food come with preset equipment or will the fights be without them? If it's with consumables then I'm afraid knight vs knight will be quite frankly impossible since you'll restore more health than you deal damage.

Each character should have set pots and whatnot. It will be considered~

#11 SpawN9999

SpawN9999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:20 PM

Debuffs allowed? How about IM passives? I'm assuming these preset characters wont have them.

Also if someone's unable to make it to the match are we allowed a little flexibility in the schedule of the fight?

agree. this would allow more flexibility in builds . why not just have a tournament with our main server characters?

Edited by Zurn, 03 September 2014 - 12:58 PM.

#12 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:40 PM

I don't know about more flexibility at a higher level, since there's classes that can get the entire skill tree at lv230.

#13 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:51 PM

tbh, i tihnk a true test of skill would come from 150, i meant think about it, you're so limited on gear, skill and stat points, buffs etc. It would be totally awesome to see who can really really flex, and know whats the most important and how to work with such restrictions. 

I mean everyone can PvP at 210-230, but when was the last time you saw a legit pvp at 150? like 8 years ago? 9 maybe? back in iRose for sure. 

@Shaz,

1: will we be given to unique skills, tomes or other books not typically included in the basic skill trees? 

2: will options be given to the characters in terms of EQ? Build have a large impact on the gear you do have access to. [like reinf, endowed, demon etc]

3: is it 1 solo round, or a best of scenario.

4: you speak of registering two "people". What does this imply, you can register 2 character from separate accounts that are both yours? Or are you referring to people registering 2 of the same class and just alt + tabbing in a 2v2 match?

5: is it a 1v1 match tourney, or a group warfare deal? 

Edited by Feuer, 03 September 2014 - 01:04 PM.

#14 WH0MP

WH0MP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:05 PM

Low level pvp's are far more interesting in my opinion. iROSE had temple pvp zone, where epic battles were held with level 130 chars. Has such a different vibe to it than max level.

#15 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:12 PM

tbh, i tihnk a true test of skill would come from 150, i meant think about it, you're so limited on gear, skill and stat points, buffs etc. It would be totally awesome to see who can really really flex, and know whats the most important and how to work with such restrictions. 

I mean everyone can PvP at 210-230, but when was the last time you saw a legit pvp at 150? like 8 years ago? 9 maybe? back in iRose for sure. 

@Shaz,

1: will we be given to unique skills, tomes or other books not typically included in the basic skill trees? 

2: will options be given to the characters in terms of EQ? Build have a large impact on the gear you do have access to. [like reinf, endowed, demon etc]

4: you speak of registering two "people". What does this imply, you can register 2 character from separate accounts that are both yours? Or are you referring to people registering 2 of the same class and just alt + tabbing in a 2v2 match?

That's not true at all.

#16 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:15 PM

Why is that?

Because you guys spent so much time balancing the classes and we already have to make choices about your SPs and sacrifice some skills over others. Would be a waste if we had to sacrifice even more (especially since some vital skills like stuns etc can't be obtained without spending a lot of SP on previous skills, which can't always be accomplished without being lvl 230).

Using our own characters would be ideal.

#17 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:19 PM

Low level pvp's are far more interesting in my opinion. iROSE had temple pvp zone, where epic battles were held with level 130 chars. Has such a different vibe to it than max level.

iRose was a way different game compared to the version we play now.

For instance, the passive skills costing 2 sp per level would make you run out of SP before you even get to pick an attack skill at low lvl.

#18 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:28 PM

iRose was a way different game compared to the version we play now.

For instance, the passive skills costing 2 sp per level would make you run out of SP before you even get to pick an attack skill at low lvl.

I like how you think getting all your passives is a first step requirement. Even more cause for me to want to see you pvp at a lower level, I want to see if you can adapt, and be a challenge. 

#19 Kaizehr

Kaizehr

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:30 PM

A Tourney hmm? This is one of the first positive signs I've seen from this title for some time. I may even join for a good rumble myself. 

#20 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:31 PM

Debuffs allowed? How about IM passives? I'm assuming these preset characters wont have them.

Also if someone's unable to make it to the match are we allowed a little flexibility in the schedule of the fight?

agree. this would allow more flexibility in builds . why not just have a tournament with our main server characters?

Debuffs should be fine. Not sure about giving the preset characters Item Mall tomes.

Some flexibility, not much though since a lot of the times and days will be announced 

@Shaz,

1. I'm leaving against it as of this moment.
  2. Currently, I'm thinking the same set for all characters. Arguments could be made for special sets.
  3. Best out of 3
  4. Meaning that if you want to register a Champion AND Raider class in this tournament, you can. 
  5. 1 vs 1!

Because you guys spent so much time balancing the classes and we already have to make choices about your SPs and sacrifice some skills over others. Would be a waste if we had to sacrifice even more (especially since some vital skills like stuns etc can't be obtained without spending a lot of SP on previous skills, which can't always be accomplished without being lvl 230).

Using our own characters would be ideal.

Eh understandable. 

and of course it would be but this is strictly on how you build the class with the limited amount of "resources".

Also learn how to multi-quote. :ok:

#21 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:33 PM

Armor I suppose is fine if everyone was in say like a reinf set :hopefully a max refine so matches aren't 3 seconds long: it's more the weapons + jewelry I was considering. 

#22 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:46 PM

You state char is preset so does that mean when we enter this room our char will be automatically limited to a certain level? or are we suppose to level a char to that range?

#23 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:48 PM

I believe the characters will be made, geared, and we'll be given access to them during the time of the tourney Vuu, but some clarification would help. 

#24 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:09 PM

You state char is preset so does that mean when we enter this room our char will be automatically limited to a certain level? or are we suppose to level a char to that range?

The preset characters will already be the level range, have the gear, have the items, and be the correct class.

The only thing YOU guys and gals need to do is set your stats, skills, and hot-bar.

#25 xultrax

xultrax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Server:Draconis.

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:14 PM

and to press buttons! :3!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users