Best of Their Class! PvP Tournament 2014! - Page 3 - Event Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Best of Their Class! PvP Tournament 2014!

• Please log in to reply
252 replies to this topic

#51 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:18 PM

Barades, just look at the vote =/ they're speaking for themselves, many people want a 150 tier. :)

#52 Zurn

Zurn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 8468 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:21 PM

210 is winning right now though :P

[45.95%]

#53 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:22 PM

I really wanted it to be 180 to be honest. If the lvl is too high most people will have a rather simple cookie cutter build (just look at bourgs and scouts, they can practically get the entire skilltree), and if the lvl is too low, people will just get passives and you'll be autoing eachother to death. 180 seems like a good balance between having enough points to make a proper build with having to make decisions while still allowing diversity.

Shame no one's sharing my sentiment on that though.

Edited by jerremy, 04 September 2014 - 02:22 PM.

#54 WH0MP

WH0MP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:30 PM

I say all 180s go for 150 x)

#55 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:30 PM

That's the test though, which passives, which actives, i believe it is supposed to be a test of knowledge and ability. Even if 210 is winning, its only by 2 votes. 

#56 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:32 PM

Well to be honest I could make a working build on a lv120 character, but I thought 180 would be a more appropriate level to lure in those who are sticking to their lv210 vote. Choose the middle ground!

Edited by jerremy, 04 September 2014 - 02:33 PM.

#57 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:16 PM

(210-120)/2 = 45

210-45 = 165

so middle ground is closer to 160 then 150. in terms of middle of 120-210 eh. 

Random question, when we gonna hae a dungeon run tourney? 

#58 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 04 September 2014 - 03:18 PM

And with middle ground I meant the middle ground between 150 and 210 (the majority of votes who are bickering about which level preset it is), so I made the argument to choose the middle ground, 180~

Edited by jerremy, 04 September 2014 - 03:19 PM.

#59 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 04 September 2014 - 04:00 PM

That's a silly thing to argue about.

Voting will probably end sometime middle of next week.

#60 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:39 PM

Who's arguing, I dont argue with Jerr, if I wanted to yell at him I would call him on skype... 

Still, we should do a Dungeon Run Tourney. It's a cool alternative for those players who don't PvP. And would be totally awesome to see people put together competative 5 man dungeon teams. 

#61 joelhouse09

joelhouse09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 07:18 PM

24 hours free reset before tournament. . practice makes perfect. thanks.

#62 TrySufferin

TrySufferin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, AUS
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:16 PM

Is it simple class vs class or type vs type, like sword champ vs csword, or is it possible for sword vs axe, or gun vs launcher etc? 

I was also thinking about that.. like how is a bow scout ever gonna compete against an xbow? I would have to vote for same type there.

#63 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:49 PM

it would be better for battle clerics to join rather than full supports right? otherwise..there would definitely be a stalemate LOL

#64 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:01 PM

it would be better for battle clerics to join rather than full supports right? otherwise..there would definitely be a stalemate LOL

In this situation you'll probably see some hybrid builds. Thats why in the case of a stalemate the person who dealt the most damage should win (rather than leaving it based on judges opinion). The game arena modes can track damage, I'm sure they can find a way to implement it for the tournament right?

#65 Redhole

Redhole

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:11 PM

Why not for max lvl ???

#66 kumpiakot

kumpiakot

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:18 PM

* is it full-buffed or self-buff pvp?

* with regards to the preset of equips my only concern is the accs and gems that we will use on a 1vs1 situation since its a race 3 match...if you will provide the same accs/gems we don't have any chance to counter the opponent on what we think its best to win each round.

* why not preset the level and skills ONLY but equipments (accs w/gems) will remain as what we have atm..

* lets say if i join as knight class am i restricted to have an entry on diff class?

Edited by kumpiakot, 05 September 2014 - 03:33 PM.

#67 kumpiakot

kumpiakot

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 536 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:37 PM

We could do a Tournament with preset characters then player's own characters~ 

why not do players own characters whatever equips,skills and stats we have now will be easier for you and us too.The nature of pvp is to excel vs the opponent we tested,practice on what gears,accs is suited to win 1vs1 and it takes time to master it if we are gonna do preset 5-10mins is not enough :) 

#68 TrySufferin

TrySufferin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, AUS

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:05 AM

why not do players own characters whatever equips,skills and stats we have now will be easier for you and us too.The nature of pvp is to excel vs the opponent we tested,practice on what gears,accs is suited to win 1vs1 and it takes time to master it if we are gonna do preset 5-10mins is not enough :)

i kinda have a feeling they are trying to also make it fair for players that dont have gear..not saying im one tho :thumb2:

#69 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:06 AM

Yes but this isn't supposed to be your typical pvp from what I understand. This is to test your knowledge and experience in pvp and your flexibility.

#70 TrySufferin

TrySufferin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, AUS

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:15 AM

Yes but this isn't supposed to be your typical pvp from what I understand. This is to test your knowledge and experience in pvp and your flexibility

I agree, but what i dont get is are they gonna give u a chracter on ur own account to use or are they giving u a temporary account? im still wondering how thats gonna work...... :hmm:

#71 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:18 AM

I believe they're going to give you a character on either the live server or Pegasus. Most likely Pegasus as then Leonis chars can fight draconis chars without problems.

Edited by Feuer, 05 September 2014 - 02:20 AM.

#72 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 05 September 2014 - 04:49 AM

omg this..is ...awesome!!

#73 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 05 September 2014 - 07:07 AM

I want to see a PvP between two visitors. :P

#74 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 05 September 2014 - 08:35 AM

Who's arguing, I dont argue with Jerr, if I wanted to yell at him I would call him on skype... 

Still, we should do a Dungeon Run Tourney. It's a cool alternative for those players who don't PvP. And would be totally awesome to see people put together competative 5 man dungeon teams. 

Possible~ I'll start looking into it after this Tourney.

24 hours free reset before tournament. . practice makes perfect. thanks.

Ehhhh~ We'll see.

That's up to the user! Granted it wouldn't be much fun to watch 2 supports go at it.

* is it full-buffed or self-buff pvp?

* with regards to the preset of equips my only concern is the accs and gems that we will use vs a 1vs1 situation since its a race 3 match...if you will provide the same accs/gems we don't have any chance to counter the opponent on what we think its best to win each round.

* why not preset the level and skills ONLY but equipments (accs w/gems) will remain as what we have atm..

* lets say if i join as knight class am i restricted to have an entry on diff class?

1. I'm leaning more towards self-buffs as of this moment.
  2. I don't think gems would be necessary for this tourney.
  3. The preset Level, Gear, Weapons, and items are meant to keep things simple. It'll be up to the stats, skills, and cunning you use to win against your opponent. 
  4. Please Please read the entire 1st post. It's stated that you can register UP to 2 classes.

I agree, but what i dont get is are they gonna give u a chracter on ur own account to use or are they giving u a temporary account? im still wondering how thats gonna work...... :hmm:

Please scan the thread~ It's stated you will be given a character on a temporary account. No need to level your own.

I want to see a PvP between two visitors. :P

Why not~ :ok:

#75 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 September 2014 - 12:51 PM

I realize it's to keep things simple, but it's seems contradictory that someones stat and skill build are important but gear is irrelevant. Gear goes hand in hand with building a character.

If anything I would suggest to have something similar to what pegasus had during the time when Crystal Defenders was first being tested;  A few npc's selling equipment (gems, jewelery, masks, armor, weapons etc.) that would be used for combat. 

Now you might say, it'll take too long for people to get their gear when it's time to fight, which is why Pegasus (that is where the tournament is going to be held right?) would be opened for a couple days prior to the event so people have time to prepare their characters for the tournament.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users