#1 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:57 PM

Hi guys~ newbie here asking for advise on my planned skill build. 

Some infos:

- I have a knight as my forever grinding partner

- Will probably be a (semi)support in dungeon runs instead of DPS

- Currently level 20+, so still a newbie lol sorry

- Not much of a pvp-er

Questions:

- ro2base ad roguard have different simulators? Which is updated? (I have used ro2base for the meantime)

- Can we change jobs when we reached max level? (e.g. from Alche to Chef, etc)

- Priority: Int vs Agi?

- Is Sacrifice a ranged skill? I will max it if it is.. planning to just do DPS in the far back while my partner tanks it all.

http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

Thanks in advance!

#2 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 September 2014 - 02:50 AM

About your questions:

Updated site:

Roguard is more accurate, but neither of these two sites is up to date.

Profession change:

No, you can't change your profession from Alchemist to Chef, unless you use a special item for that.

You should get it once in one of your starter boxes as a level-up gift (iirc @ lvl 35).

Since there was a bug that this reset puts you back to level 1, use it when you reach master level... then it's absolutely secure.

Stat priority:

VIT. A healer that is a bit weaker isn't such an issue, but a dead healer is of no use at all. Since bosses like Eremis can hit quite hard, you should focus yourself on VIT alone. If you reach the pre-ML cap, don't spend any further points until you reach master levels.

Sacrifice:

All the Soulmaker skills are ranged skills... that f course includes Sacrifice. It's actually a Laser. You CAN max it, but it isn't as good as comparable skills of other classes.

Your build:

Ro2base is exceptionally outdated for Crecentias & Soulmakers, so use roguard instead.

#3 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 05:00 AM

Thanks for your input. So agi is not that important..? That makes sense for a support char though.. hmm..

#4 VModCherry

VModCherry

Amateur Blogger

• VMod Retired
  • 167 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:26 AM

VIT is, in this case, much more useful for a Soulmaker, even for skills if you read yours carefully ;) You said youd wish to be more on the support side than dedicated DPS after all. What Greven said is quite accurate. As for build itself, I shall let the experienced SM veterans recommend you anything and explain with more details. It's good to see you have a partner to play with :) 

#5 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:52 AM

Thanks for the inputs! Again, here are some questions:

- Will there be a stat reset the moment you reach 50? I am only pumping int as of now just to be on the safe side (my int is like 33 only as of now..?). If there is a stat reset, then I'm going to pump int/agi for the meantime and then go int/vit the moment i am max ML - would that be good?

- I ran the Leviathan dungeon quest a while ago. I have trouble linking because it's the first time I have used it lol. Can someone explain how the large yellow circle and the red smaller one works? I have a wild guess that the red one is for "aiming the link", and once link is successful, will only work inside the yellow one..?

Thanks in advance for entertaining my newbie questions!

#6 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:35 AM

- Will there be a stat reset the moment you reach 50? I

No. There shold be one stat reset vellum in your level-up gift boxes. Because there is no stat cap as soon as you reach master levels, there is no real point in distributing them onto two different stats.

- Can someone explain how the large yellow circle and the red smaller one works? I have a wild guess that the red one is for "aiming the link", and once link is successful, will only work inside the yellow one..?

It's a blue and a red circle. The blue circle defines where you can place the red one and the latter defines, who will be 'hit' by your skill. In other words, only those party members in the smaller one will be linked.

#7 Bensch

Bensch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:32 AM

Vit ftw :3

#8 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:18 PM

:thx:  Alright, I think I'm seeing how my future SM will look like now. I'll prolly be maxing healing skills and the links (except devo, which I plan to leave at 1) and leave DPS ones at 1. Awakening will be 3. Not sure about Immunity..  :p_sad:  Healing skills might take up too much SP, but I'll try to find a way out of it. I'm not there yet haha. If all else fails, I'll probably reset and just leave Cure at 5 like what most people are suggesting. Stats-wise, I decided to leave int at 40 and pump vit all the way till ML. I'll save my stat reset vellum for emergencies.

It's kinda easy now since we have an archer as our 3rd forever grinding partner. Yay for DPS!  :p_hi:  

It's funny how I only noticed the emoticons now lol. Anyway, thanks for the replies guys! Very much appreciated.

#9 Bensch

Bensch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:10 AM

Uuhh.. who told u to leave cure at 5? Cure is the main heal for soulmaker.

#10 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:00 AM

Probably some guide from the time when casting cure 3 times at level 10 was 15% of your SP.

#11 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:37 AM

Oh, so max Cure is what really most SM's aim for? Thanks again~ :thx:

#12 Bensch

Bensch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:15 AM

Oh, so max Cure is what really most SM's aim for? Thanks again~ :thx:

yes. The other heals are optional to max. And the links try it first cuz pvp wise its hard to keep the links on.. its usefull on raids though.

Edited by Bensch, 10 September 2014 - 06:18 AM.

#13 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 07:21 AM

I'm not much on pvp; no offense, but I saw some pvp videos on youtube and I don't think Imma like it :p_sick: 

#14 xLottex

xLottex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:13 PM

Welcome to the game angelsnare, by your name you should have been a ranger(lol) but I'm guessing you are using Soul Extinction alot, but yeah I suggest a VIT build since as an SM you have very little HP even with Osiris gear and your defense will be little because we wear cloth armor, so having more HP will allow you to survive longer to keep your party alive. Also the more HP you have the more damage you will be able to do with Sacrifice and as for Immunity its a hit and miss because it requires you to be in Awaken Soulmate form in order to use it, but if you get to ML20 with Osiris gear and some good red seeds you will spend more time in that form allowing you to DPS and heal your party at the same time. Do be aware that SM consume tons of SP because of the cost to cast Sacrifice and Immunity is so high. Link wise you have the major ones down because Concentration helps with the Cooldown of your awaken form and skills. Also do be aware that Cure and Restoration do expand to 10/10 when you become ML so if you want to max cure, leave some skill points for that. I see that the community has been very helpful already but if you need any more help let me know. Best of luck and enjoy the game. :no1:

#15 xLottex

xLottex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:14 PM

Bensch I didn't know that you had joined the Loli Squad, welcome!!!! :wave:

#16 xLottex

xLottex

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 05:18 PM

I forgot to say something, in regards to INT builds I wouldn't worry about using int since you will receive a lot of Magic Power from ML gear.

#17 Bensch

Bensch

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:14 AM

Bensch I didn't know that you had joined the Loli Squad, welcome!!!! :wave:

My sorc and my sm were made at the same time as my both main characters. i just happened to gear and leveled up my sorc first then my sm "Marben" :)

#18 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 04:19 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome and the helpful tips. As an update, I just turned level 50 a few hours ago and I'm facing quite a terrible dilemma - the ML quest. :wah:

I was dead for how many times already (I think I finished the 50 deaths khara lol) and was ready to give up but my bf told me that I have lousy armors so he'll help me hunt for one. Yay for a wonderful partner!  Overall, I think RO2 made the game this way just so we can find explore more of the game instead of just grinding our way to max level. I'm not in a rush to turn ML anyway (but I want to turn ML now to support him better lol).

As for my name, angelsnare has always been my default name in any ol games and I always play a healer/support/debuffer hahaha and yes, it came from RO1's hunter skill, Ankle Snare :p_laugh:  but my IGN right now is dorkqueen since angelsnare has been taken by my first char which is a priest (sadly, I find RO2's priest very bland and boring so I left it at level 2 only lol).

We're gonna hunt for equips now so wish me luck! :p_hi:  And thanks again

#19 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:17 AM

so sad to hear that u said priest is boing , what don't just like me, run around to lure mobs , self heal then AoE if u have time xD sure, you will never get bored xD.

Anw, got luck on your sm ;) . Master level quest with SM is not really hard ;) :D

#20 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:07 AM

No offense haha! Priests with a permanent party (tank+ranger) is boring because all you can do is heal :3 plus there really is something about them that I don't like. Prolly lack of buffs. Plus I love linking... and I find SMs quite a challenge.

I don't know about ML quests being easy with SMs.. because imo SMs are kinda useless without a party (links ahem links). We can't heal like priests, and certainly can't out-DPS other classes. :p_sad:  Still hunting for equips.. somehow I want to go ML because I'm getting jelly all my guildies are MLs already.. and they don't even have to get equips, just a cure buff from an master SM.

I have this feeling that I have slow-hands or just plain stupid to kill those enemies. :sob:

#21 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 08:35 AM

what gear are you using now ? Cause my SM past my love test with lv45 blue gear with fast and furious title only ^^!

I suggest you go get wind elixir 10mins, take a buff at prontera (1000HP or collector), get nirvana soup if you want. Then before go in, use wind , transform, cast cure => fast run when in, then play hit and run and slowly kill one by one the mob :D ( rosary will come to you first with his stupid teleport xD )

#22 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 09:00 AM

I have 37-ish armors thats why I keep failing. Plus I have 6k life only. Bf and friends are now assisting me with armor and weap hunting :p_love:  We got 2 level 47 armor plus a goblin weap so yeah.. :3 Let's see if we're lucky tomorrow. I wanna be ML so bad nao! Oh, you got cure from a high level SM or you just used your own cure spell?

I'll see your reply tomorrow~ I'm going to sleep now because I have work  :wah:  2AM and not yet sleeping lol. I have fun, though! Gnyt

#23 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:57 PM

I use my own cure ;) 900-1000 per jump i think ;) . Don't forget to honed your weapon to get some MATK so your cure will effective enough ;) .Good luck to you tomorrow xD ( but, did you save some skill point to invest after ML? ) 

P/S : if i remember correctly, i did refine my green doll lv40 to +5 at a gold refiner xD.

#24 angelsnare

angelsnare

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:01 PM

I got +3 only on my weapon (doll)  hahaha. Thanks for reminding me, I need to hone it for additional matk  :p_hi:  So far, my cure is around 700-800 per tick so yeah maybe I'm close enough lol.

Am I supposed to save skill pts..? I spent it all oh nose  :p_omg: Guildies didn't tell me anything about saving it. Oh well there's still a skill reset on my kafra storage...

Additional question:

1. Devotion

- I have it at level 1. Is it bugged? Because sometimes when I cast it the link just won't connect. 

- Recommended level? I want it for revive purposes only but is max level feasible? (I'm vit build btw)

2. Restoration

- With the 3sec CD, is it worth to max it also? I'm healing around 600-700 on it right now.

3. Cure Pearl

- At last I finally found a way to use this. I was spamming this everywhere near our DPS  so they can just go near it in case Cure wasn't enough. Still deciding if it's worth to max it or not lol.

Just a note, I'm planning a vit build endgame and I won't be participating in DPS... I'll be going down on the DPS tree only for Awakening. I'm still not decided for Immunity, so maybe I'll save a few points for it just in case I came to realize that our party needs it.

TLDR; It's a rainy day here. Good morning (night?) to all  :p_love:

#25 aoi911

aoi911

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 06:12 PM

I don't use devotion so i don't know but 1/5 would be enough i think :D, but concentration vs revive are needed mostly of time.

Restoration, i think someone max it too but, after ML20 only with full skill xD . They rather max cure at ML1 ^^ ( will give about 4,5k HoT with menace handle and doll so you don't need to spam heal skill all time and make mobs agro xD )

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users