Coming Gem Update, come check it out! - Page 6 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Coming Gem Update, come check it out!

• Please log in to reply
243 replies to this topic

#126 Rocanlover

Rocanlover

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Locationlos angeles
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:34 PM

Appraisal Stats - Updated & Upgraded!

Because we wanted to give equal fairness and accessibility to the stats and combinations that can be obtained, we've expanded on the appraisal stats listings. While we still wish to further enhance this particular feature and aspect of game play, this is a significant improvement and step towards allowing players to pursue their ultimate build.

We will be up-converting any existing stats that may fall slightly out of the new and improved scaling to the new design and in every case, if a stat changes, it can only become stronger.

• What this can mean to you: If you have a stat that gives STR 3, the new tier design doesn't have a "STR 3" so that stat will become "STR 5"

Will there be a list updated in Rosena wiki so we could see what stats are available? If you have it now, could we have a peak at it right now :shss: ? 

#127 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:42 PM

So, when you say there's nothing to do, you really mean, there's 3 major game features that you can participate in.

I got a report that there were almost a dozen Akram Arena games to run this weekend and it was quite fun. Were you part of it?

Expanding on what you can find within the dungeons is part of adding repeat value to returning to them.

Scouts weren't nerfed, but they haven't been given the full treatment we wanted to give them. We still have Scouts noted to be given some attention when we're able to return to some class balances, but we have some other features to implement first in order to be able to do so.

This gem update is what you're asking for, though it may not be exactly what you're asking for, which is why you're not pleased with it, but it gives more to the idea of gearing out your character for the long run and long term players. Adding additional dungeons with current available item type rewards would quickly fall out and become stale. Not only that, but the gem table was actually at its limit, so we were unable to even add more gems before this update, which was another vital point and step to creating a grander foundation for ROSE's future.

As I mentioned above, because there wasn't a whole lot we were able to really offer or provide in the means of interesting rewards or items to want to obtain because most were already at a level where going stronger was dangerous and breached in to an issue of overpowering for where we've left off on gear.

I think at this point, I'm repeating myself with the answer. There is more going on here with the steps we've taken to expand ROSE's content capability than you may realize, that will have an impact on content in the future. Showing the full road map can be daunting, not to mention confusing, when the road is also still being built as well. Best I can ask at this point is to trust that we're working towards those quest filled maps. Because we've learned through past updates, it isn't the size of the map, but how you use it.

*tips hat* Ladies. :hinthint: :heh:

Why not have a vote system on the forums to see what people want in game? I have been told "This isn't fair because not everyone will vote" But it's more accurate than just throwing random updates and forcing them upon players am I right?

#128 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:45 PM

This isn't a democracy Fizz :) 

#129 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:55 PM

This isn't a democracy Fizz :)

Not saying it is bro, just would like a community input into what goes into the game we all play to improve player satisfaction when playing rose online :)

#130 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:01 PM

Will there be a list updated in Rosena wiki so we could see what stats are available? If you have it now, could we have a peak at it right now :shss: ? 

Those of us that work on it will do our best to get it up as soon as possible. However we can't put it in until we have all the information. If Leonis would care to give us that information now, I would be more than happy to work on it, and get it up.

#131 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:06 PM

I'll put up a new list on the wiki as soon as I've updated my internal tool to work with the new stat table structure.

#132 GooglyEyes

GooglyEyes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:23 PM

Why not have a vote system on the forums to see what people want in game? I have been told "This isn't fair because not everyone will vote" But it's more accurate than just throwing random updates and forcing them upon players am I right?

Voting on Forums or In- game doesnt seem like a good idea to me, because, and i can only speak for draconis, most of the people i know there dont check the forums at all or do it once in a while. Another thing is forcing people to vote before they can play. What if someone misunderstands something and votes for the wrong thing ? Best example is this thread right here. It was posted 4 days ago and there are still people asking questions and are unsure of how and what is changing with the gems. If you cant play because you didnt vote, people will vote anything just so they can play. No one will wait 4 days when they could vote something and just play.

#133 FizzMo

FizzMo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:45 PM

Voting on Forums or In- game doesnt seem like a good idea to me, because, and i can only speak for draconis, most of the people i know there dont check the forums at all or do it once in a while. Another thing is forcing people to vote before they can play. What if someone misunderstands something and votes for the wrong thing ? Best example is this thread right here. It was posted 4 days ago and there are still people asking questions and are unsure of how and what is changing with the gems. If you cant play because you didnt vote, people will vote anything just so they can play. No one will wait 4 days when they could vote something and just play.

Why not make it an optional choice in game? Like here not everyone will do it but alot more will than coming to the forums to comment on updates.

For example beside where you click into the item mall by the mini map why not have a little button that says "vote" that when you click on it tells you the upcoming updates and whether you like them or not? No harm done just gives the GM team a bit more of community input :)

#134 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:53 PM

I'll put up a new list on the wiki as soon as I've updated my internal tool to work with the new stat table structure.

Yes! Very excited to see what the new gem stats are so i can start thinking about new builds. +A on this update! i am very happy with this upcoming update. Good job devs. This player is very happy with your work

Edited by Leeny, 09 September 2014 - 03:54 PM.

#135 Yurekaa93

Yurekaa93

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

Although changing the build or gems,if honors the character set is locked and unbinder only in valor shop. your game is not fun at all

really!!

You Guys Dont Need For Change the gem or what Pls Repair Your Game Arena: Crytal Defender the only have cleric can play Crystal defender,and how about dont have a cleric??? Waste Energy?? Waste Time??, Crystal Defender Only Make Your Game Fun at the time two team same have cleric..really i like rose with last year at Union Wars Wait every 30 min fo register, and all Type Job Is Fair, and Now type Job Is no Fair Raider Like Dont Have Dodge,Scout Full Power,Knight Strong can debuff,Mage Full Power with Absorb, haha So funny..

And trust me Your Game Dont have Many Player Again Like Last Year, bcause You Guys To Many Change Item Is Locked, and when you guys make 1 Charcter ON all Job Type?? :D This Is really Funny, if You Guys make 1 charcter on all type job is fair for honor set charcter Locked...

And about Akram Arena,During Your Changing System UW To GA ,i Never Play Akram Arena, this Akram Arena Really Can Be Enter? or Error?? Orrr Dont have many Player??

ok this is the problem that you have to consider again, I always support you to make your game the best..

#136 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:33 PM

Honor Armor + Weapons = Locked
Gems = not locked or bound
Valor Unbinder = Doesn't work on locked.

I don't think you full thought that one out. Or you didn't have a full understanding of the system. 

#137 joelhouse09

joelhouse09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:38 PM

New gem will be available in Honor shop. It means a lot of player will be happy to join in CD specially cleric to gain/farm new gem. . .

#138 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:44 PM

Question: Will Hyalite [Heal Power] work with classes that have a self heal [Duals, Champions] ?

#139 Leeny

Leeny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 857 posts
  • LocationUSA New York

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:00 AM

Question: Will Hyalite [Heal Power] work with classes that have a self heal [Duals, Champions] ?

A clan member asked me that exact question, So I also would like to know the answer to this

#140 Rocanlover

Rocanlover

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Locationlos angeles

Posted 10 September 2014 - 04:50 AM

Gen, I do mean about sub stats. Sure gem stats too.. I am more interested in the sub stats though.. :chat:

#141 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:12 AM

No, because it is by technicality, not a healing skill. It is a skill that converts damage to health so there is no "base heal" amount for it to recognize until after damage is dealt. However, there is another stat, that would impact this, which is the "received healing." We'll have the ability to continue creating new gems, different gear options and even quest rewarded gems with even more unique properties in the future. This is just the first step. :)

#142 WH0MP

WH0MP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:39 AM

Sounds hard to balance :>

#143 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:49 AM

Hmm that dies sound more beneficial since it would be my self heals and heals from other sources. So follow up question, healing received. What does that cover, potions, food?

#144 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:07 PM

Hmm that dies sound more beneficial since it would be my self heals and heals from other sources. So follow up question, healing received. What does that cover, potions, food?

We have a few stats, one that's skill based, one that's item based, and one that covers both. None of which are part of the gem system at this stage.

#145 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 03:40 PM

ok,but the healing received does affect HP generating attacks? 

#146 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:11 AM

Are those new gems (Dolomite, Combeite, Umbite, Raspite, Variscite, Esperite, Legrandite) which covers item drop qty/rate, mean the Drop System will change to become a bit harder? Or are those new gems just intend to help make the farming more easier by this time.

#147 beachbabyc

beachbabyc

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Georgia, USA

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:01 AM

New gem will be available in Honor shop. It means a lot of player will be happy to join in CD specially cleric to gain/farm new gem. . .

What if you don't like to pvp but run mad amounts of dungeons?  Available for valor too?  Suggestions?

#148 jovu

jovu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 07:57 AM

New Item : Enchantment Scroll

• The limitation: appraisal stats taken from equipment pieces that are graded as "Unique", "Event", "Item Mall", "Brave", etc. (ie: not a number) can only be transferred to another item of the same grade group type.

Can you give further explanation on how the Enchantment Scroll works:

• If you remove the Appraisal Stats (Blue Stats) from a grade 3 item, you may place it back on to any grade 3 item or higher. You will not be able to put the stats on to an Item Mall, Brave, Honor or other named grade gear.
  • If you remove the Appraisal Stats (Blue Stats) from an Unique item, you may only place a new stat on to a Unique item. You will not be able to place it on to a grade 1~9, or any other named group.

Hi Leonis,

Thx for the explanation. 

I just need to double confirm about this:

- No matter what "Type" the items are, as long as they are in the same Grade. You can place the stat from one to the other right?
Example: Can the substat from a Leprechaun Suit (Item Grade: Event, Type: Casual Clothes) transfer to a Summer Backpack (Item Grade: Event, Type: Backpack)?  

Thanks. 

#149 WH0MP

WH0MP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:46 AM

Please tell me offhand gem will be visible too - love me some shinies - while you're at it change the gem effects on katars/duals to show on both hands!

#150 xultrax

xultrax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 418 posts
  • Server:Draconis.

Posted 12 September 2014 - 08:52 AM

What if you don't like to pvp but run mad amounts of dungeons?  Available for valor too?  Suggestions?

You can always use the in valor shop trade Valor:Honor trade.

(3): (1)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users