Allow ALL Job Classes to Reach New Level Caps - Page 2 - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Allow ALL Job Classes to Reach New Level Caps

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#26 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:09 PM

But why don't Super Novices need a job change in order to go past 99? Doesn't seem fair to me.

Because I like playing my SinX? Not everyone wants to go 3rd Class, so why restrict them from playing the way they want to?

But a Guillotine Cross *IS* a SinX, just with a new coat of paint and some decals.

#27 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 September 2014 - 03:53 PM

But why don't Super Novices need a job change in order to go past 99? Doesn't seem fair to me.

Super Novices do need a job change in order to go past 99.

http://irowiki.org/w...Expansion_Quest

#28 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:18 PM

Because I like playing my SinX? Not everyone wants to go 3rd Class, so why restrict them from playing the way they want to?

I think the better question is why the game should undergo major changes and a complete rebalance just to cater to what you want.

#29 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 08 September 2014 - 08:28 PM

Super Novices do need a job change in order to go past 99.
http://irowiki.org/w...Expansion_Quest

Not much of a job change if their sprite and job class stays the same. If they can do that for Super Novices, they can do that for the other non-3rd Classes as well.

Or better yet, just let all job classes reach the new level caps so they don't have to design expansion quests for all of them.

#30 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 08 September 2014 - 10:15 PM

Not much of a job change if their sprite and job class stays the same. If they can do that for Super Novices, they can do that for the other non-3rd Classes as well.

Or better yet, just let all job classes reach the new level caps so they don't have to design expansion quests for all of them.

Better skill set opened a new potential to level above 99.

I think if they were going to let non-3rds expand, they should at least have an expansion quest, just not as hardcore as killing 1000 Pickies.

#31 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:35 AM

well, maybe they can just give you the option to switch sprites freely based on your previous jobs (or costume). like switch back to assassin sprite even though you're already a guillotine cross. i see no reason why you can't wear your old clothes.

#32 Tofu

Tofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 3287 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:38 AM

Dragon Breath on a peco would make no sense.

#33 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:06 AM

Dragon Breath on a peco would make no sense.

Obviously you've never seen a Kut Ku!

#34 MinJo

MinJo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 207 posts
  • Server:Nifflheim

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:34 PM

job changes are not digivolution ? damn...

#35 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:40 PM

STAT SCREEN

#36 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:57 PM

You want 1st Classes to be competitive with 3rd Classes?

Sure, why not? What would the point be to increasing the level cap of all classes, and not just third if swordsman, for example, weren't competitive? For fun? It's one thing to level a perma-novice to 99, or a first/second class. But to raise their level cap to be on par with a third class and to not allow them to be competitive? It's a waste of time, IMO. Just raise all class' level cap and let the class line be a little less linear.

I'm not saying a swordsman should be able to one-shot an RG or RK, but if geared right, (s)he should be complemented with a few additional skills supportive to bash and Magnum Break to allow him to hold his ground for a little while, at least... once he meets the prerequisites to being a perma-swordsman reaching for the new level cap, that is...

Edited by belld1711, 09 September 2014 - 03:07 PM.

#37 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:04 PM

Super novices do Job Change. Functionally it works like any other job change just they didn't do new sprites and used the same name. Behind the scenes we refer to the job changed ones as "Super Duper Novices"

#38 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:33 PM

Super novices do Job Change. Functionally it works like any other job change just they didn't do new sprites and used the same name. Behind the scenes we refer to the job changed ones as "Super Duper Novices"

So can the same be done of all non-3rd Classes, Taekwon classes, Ninja, and Gunslinger?

#39 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:36 PM

So can the same be done of all non-3rd Classes, Taekwon classes, Ninja, and Gunslinger?

It would require kRO to do. It is not something we can change.

#40 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:51 PM

It would require kRO to do. It is not something we can change.

Propose it to them? You'd get a lot of players coming back if other job classes are playable past 99.

#41 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 08:27 PM

Knowing extended classes will always be behind the rest of the classes is a huge downer and has kept me from playing

#42 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:33 AM

Propose it to them? You'd get a lot of players coming back if other job classes are playable past 99.

I think it's a bad idea. This means they have to make an additional tier to those classes, which may potentially mess up many things...

For example gunslinger line becomes like this:

novice -> gunslinger -> expanded slinger

Now, when rebellion arrives, they would be hit with a dilemma: should they allow normal slingers to change job, or allow the expanded ones to change to rebellion as well? That means they may have to make a 4th job tier to accommodate for expanded slingers to job change, depending on their implementation.

Furthermore, what happens when you change to an expanded slinger? To break the limit of the level cap, you need to "change" jobs. Your job level gets reset. What happens to job bonuses and all? Will you get extra skill points and go till job 50? Or remain at job level 1 forever?

If job level remains at 1, how would job changing to rebellion from there work? The NPC needs to do extra checks, which are troublesome.

I like the idea of being able to train lower classes to higher levels, but implementation is a huge issue.

#43 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 02:48 AM

I think it's a bad idea. This means they have to make an additional tier to those classes, which may potentially mess up many things...

For example gunslinger line becomes like this:

novice -> gunslinger -> expanded slinger

Now, when rebellion arrives, they would be hit with a dilemma: should they allow normal slingers to change job, or allow the expanded ones to change to rebellion as well? That means they may have to make a 4th job tier to accommodate for expanded slingers to job change, depending on their implementation.

Furthermore, what happens when you change to an expanded slinger? To break the limit of the level cap, you need to "change" jobs. Your job level gets reset. What happens to job bonuses and all? Will you get extra skill points and go till job 50? Or remain at job level 1 forever?

If job level remains at 1, how would job changing to rebellion from there work? The NPC needs to do extra checks, which are troublesome.

I like the idea of being able to train lower classes to higher levels, but implementation is a huge issue.

OP stated that Rebellion, Kagerou and Oboro were to be excluded from the proposal.

#44 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:49 AM

I admit I didn't see the part about excluding those classes. Thanks for pointing that out~

But I am still extremely doubtful that the main server would be willing to do that for another server as a custom change...

They would have to devise an npc for the special job change for each applicable job and make more job classes since each level-expanded class is technically another job class, and there's still the issue of job level.

If it's on classic though, which I hear warpportal has free reign over, it might just be possible?

#45 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:06 AM

I admit I didn't see the part about excluding those classes. Thanks for pointing that out~

But I am still extremely doubtful that the main server would be willing to do that for another server as a custom change...

They would have to devise an npc for the special job change for each applicable job and make more job classes since each level-expanded class is technically another job class, and there's still the issue of job level.

If it's on classic though, which I hear warpportal has free reign over, it might just be possible?

They absolutely wouldn't do it. They likely wouldn't even consider it. It's a huge, meta-shifting change that kRO wouldn't bother to code up, test and implement, especially if only one server (that isn't domestic) wants it. We couldn't do it ourselves as it would require source access. We couldn't propose it as an iRO custom change since we'd be stepping too far from vanilla RO and into pserver territory (several pservers have 2nd trans classes that can breach the 99 cap, and they suffer balancing issues).

And this proposal can't be implemented for Classic, as the level cap there is and will always be 99 and the "shafted" classes, being TKs and Linkers, can hit that cap. 3rd classes won't be making an appearance there either.

#46 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:30 AM

I'm not saying a swordsman should be able to one-shot an RG or RK, but if geared right, (s)he should be complemented with a few additional skills supportive to bash and Magnum Break to allow him to hold his ground for a little while, at least... once he meets the prerequisites to being a perma-swordsman reaching for the new level cap, that is...

assuming there is no adjustment to the hp/sp formulas and that the class is just allowed to level beyond 99, i'm pretty sure a 150 swordsman would still get one-shot by a 150 third class.  it's definitely not something you would like to go into pvp with, but more a novelty to sit in town on.

#47 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:42 AM

OP stated that Rebellion, Kagerou and Oboro were to be excluded from the proposal.

Why would it matter? Just let them job change to rebellion when it comes out and have them end up at 150/1. It wouldn't matter at all.

#48 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:01 AM

I wanna see Viri on 150 linker  :p_swt:

#49 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 10 September 2014 - 11:37 AM

I wanna see Viri on 150 linker :p_swt:

I am deathly afraid of this potentiality.

#50 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 10 September 2014 - 12:22 PM

I wanna see Viri on 150 linker  :p_swt:

I want to see 3rd Class specific links!

0 user(s) are reading this topic